Kanto: Chapter 48
250 0 15
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Two days of travelling through the Rock Tunnels took a toll on everyone. But the presence of a certain boy in the squad drained even more of their mental energy. 

At first, everything was fine. They chose the safest and shortest tunnel that lead to Route 10 and travelled in peace. But only a few hours in, Wild Pokemon started showing up, and they were trying to restrain the boy, whose excitement elevated every time they came across a Pokemon. They had to stop him from picking up unnecessary fights with Wild Pokemon inside the Tunnels. 

Aizen had to admit that the boy was crazy about Pokemon. It did not matter to him if it was a Paras, Sandshrew, or a Golem. Everything just excited him. 

Earlier in the morning today, while they were resting in a safe Outer-Valley, they spotted a Cubone using its bone to break rocks. Ash immediately called dibs on it and engaged in a battle, angering the other Rock Type Pokemon resting in the Valley. 

He was lucky that they restrained the Golem and Graveler while he had his battle, and thankfully, his Bulbasaur managed to defeat it in short time.

Now the boy was brimming with energy and couldn't wait to get to Lavender Town to switch out one of his Pokemon to call Cubone. 

"Yes! There's the end of the Tunnels!" Ash yelled and ran ahead when he saw the light.

"My condolences..." Misty pitifully looked at Brock. 

The dark-haired boy sighed but managed to find a smile and nodded to her.

"Let's hurry. Who knows what trouble he is going to end up in?" Anira smiled at them in a warning. 

The five of them increased their pace, and when they arrived outside of the Rock Tunnels, Ash was nowhere to be seen. 

"Did he run ahead to the Lavender Town?" Brock asked as he raised his brow. 

"Does he even know where to go?" Misty irritatedly said. 

"Well, there's only one road in front of us..." Leaf smiled and looked at her friend. 

It took them half n hour to catch up with Ash. He was waiting under a signboard where the road branched out in two directions. 

"What happened? Couldn't read the signboard?" Misty narrowed her eyes at the young boy. He was really getting on her nerves. 

"I was waiting for you guys! What took you so long?" He complained. 

"Oh.. we came across a very powerful Pokemon and it held us back." Anira giggled and replied. 

"Really?!" Ash's eyes sparkled in excitement and he ardently looked at everyone to tell him more about it. And everyone played along by nodding their heads. "Tell me!!!" 

"Just kidding." Leaf pulled a tongue at him and started laughing. 

Ash's excitement deflated in a span of a second, and he now looked a little upset. His expressions were funny enough to make everyone laugh, and laugh they did. 

"That's not funny!" He grumbled. "Anyway, I saw Officer Jenny and a squad of Constables with her. They were heading in the direction of the old Kanto Power Plant." He pointed to the road on their left that led to the Power Plant.

"Nice try..." Misty thought that he was trying to get back at them. And Leaf giggled to her words, thinking the same thing. It was a really poor attempt if that was the case. 

"I am serious!" 

"Pika pi!" Pikachu backed his Trainer. 

"Did she tell you what was going on?" Aizen asked curiously. He could tell that the boy was not kidding.

"No." Ash shook his head. "She stopped here to see my identification and asked me to get to Lavender Town before nightfall. But she seemed to be in a rush." 

"The old Power Plant?" Leaf curiously looked at the signboard. 

"Yes. The Old Kanto Power Plant used to Power up the Kanto Region before Johto and Kanto established a new Power Plant that powers up both the Regions. The new one is called Indigo-Silver Power Plant and was inaugurated 14 years ago." Brock informed her. 

"So the old one is closed now?" Ash asked. 

"No." Brock shook his head. "It is still semi-operational. It generates electricity and keeps its reserves full, just in case the Region needs backup. Last I heard, it was infested with Electric Pokémon since the numbers of workers and guards decreased there." 

"Electric Pokémon?" The excitement in Ash's voice gave them all a bad premonition. "Let's go there!" 

"No." Aizen immediately shook his head. "The sun is setting. We should get to Lavender Town before nightfall." He seriously said. "You can go to the Power Plant tomorrow." 

Ash looked at the dusky sky and sighed before nodding. 

Azien was really curious why Officer Jenny and her squad of Constables were heading to the Power Plant. His sixth sense was tingling, and he wanted to keep everyone away from the Power Plant. Whatever was happening there was not simple and reeked of danger. 

Anira grabbed his hand as they were heading toward the Lavender Town, comforting him. She could sense danger as well, and she understood that it must be bothering him. 

"I wonder which Pokemon are found in the Power Plant..." Ash's mind was still on the Electric Pokémon at the old Kanto Power Plant, and right after his words, the group saw a sight that made them really apprehensive. 

"What's going on here?" Leaf whispered. "Why is the whole town shrouded in darkness?" 

The route went downhill, and the Lavender Town was only a couple of hundred meters away. They could see all of it, and more than 90% of it was out of power. The only places that seemed to have power were the Pokemon Center, the Police Station, Hospital, the Gym, and a few shops that had generators. 

All the street lights were off and an eerie atmosphere emanated from the place. The tall dark tower in the middle of the Town only made it seem more terrifying. And then sudden howls started sounding that made Leaf and Misty cry out in fright.

"I am not going there!" Leaf hurriedly hid behind Aizen. 

"Don't worry, those sounds are of Ghost-Type Pokemon playing around. Lavender Town is full of them but they don't harm anyone." Anira smiled at her friend. 

"She's right." Brock nodded to Leaf. "The Tower of Lavender Town is famous for being one of the oldest monuments in the Region, and also for being haunted. They say there are hundreds of Ghost Pokemon infesting it. And the people here live in peace with them." 

"Ghost-Type Pokemon?" Ash seemed excited. "I have never seen one before. Let's go!"

And there he was again, running ahead.

"Are you sure that they don't harm anyone?" Leaf asked again as the howls rose from the Town. 

"Yes." Aizen chuckled at her words and nodded. "They only play around at night. And it is time they are waking up." 

When the group reached the Pokemon Center, Ash was nowhere to be seen. 

"Did he head to the Tower?" Leaf confusedly asked.

"I will go check on him. You guys take some rest." Brock smiled at them and then ran in the direction of Lavender Tower. 

"Welcome to the Lavender Town Pokemon Center!" Nurse Joy greeted them with a smile. "How may I help you?" 

Aizen handed her his Pokedex and asked for a suite. After the process was completed, she handed it back to him and led them to their suite. 

"What's going on in the Town?" Anira asked when they were away from other Trainers.

"We don't know know what is happening. The Power went out eight hours ago. We tried to contact the workers at the Power Plant, but failed to reach them. And two hours ago, some Trainers brought an injured and unconscious worker to the Town, and he's at the hospital." Nurse Joy informed them. 

"Has he woken up?" Aizen asked. 

"No." She shook her head. "He's not in critical state, but needs some sleep. His brains were nearly fried by electric shocks, and there are signs of a Psychic attack as well." 

"So that's why Officer Jenny and her squad were headed to the Power Plant." Misty nodded in understanding. 

"Yes." Nurse Joy nodded. "After doctors informed her that the worker won't be waking up anytime soon, she immediately went out to check on other workers and find out what was happening." She smiled whe they arrived at their suite. "Dinner will served at 8 pm. I will have Chansey bring it to your suite." 

"Thank you!" Aizen smield at her. "Keep me notified if there's any news of what's happening at the Power Plant."

Nurse Joy nodded to him and left to get back to her work. 

"Let's freshen up and get some rest." He suggested and walked inside a room that he picked for himself. 

An hour later, the girls informed him of a message that Brock sent. Ash was missing...

15