Kanto: Chapter 51
235 0 10
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Whatever Aizen and Oliver had planned, failed before it could be executed. The moment they were about to confront the people in the room, chaos broke out. 

An Air Ship arrived in the sky above the Power Plant and it attacked using low-level EMP bursts that made the Power Cells of the Power Plant send out strong electric pulses, driving all the Electric Pokemon crazy. 

Metagross informed Aizen of how hard the battle was outside. Sky and Aerius needed help against the newly arrived enemies, and Aizen had to let Dexter go to help them and Brock.

And now the two of them stood helplessly outside the room to come up with another plan.

"You can come in!" The teal-haired executive of Team Rocket called out, surpising both Aizen and Oliver who were outside the room. "Do you think only you were the one with the eyes on the enemy?" He laughed maniacally. "Unfortunately for you, I had ordered for a camera to be placed in the control room and listened to what you had planned. And I am sure you have learned that my backup has arrived." He laughed some more. "Are you going to show yourself or should I kill one of the hostages here to make you come and see me?" 

Aizen wanted to stop Oliver, who gritted his teeth and entered the room. He understood that as the Guardian of Lavender Town, the people inside were his responsibility, and Oliver would never give up on them. 

Aizen quickly scanned their surroundings, and after taking care of the camera outside the roon, he called out Machoke and Golbat. 

"Chopper, I need you to run and hide away. Okay?" 

"Machoke?" The Pokemon confusedly looked at him when Aizen took off his belt and put it on him. 

"Golbat, stay with Machoke and help him find a place that can not easily be discovered. Destroy any camera that looks like that one and do not let Machoke be discovered. Remember, your job is to hide." He signalled to the one he had destroyed and ordered. Then he sent out a distress signal from his watch and put it on Machoke's hand. "Bill should find you if he makes it in time. And listen to what he says just in case my plan fails and you need to rescue me. Okay?" 

His words worried both his Pokemon but they complied and took off after Aizen sternly looked at them. 

After that, he calmly entered the room where all the guns were pointed at him. Oliver was already cuffed and on his knees with a gun set on his temple. 

The Orayen Prince looked at the shadow of Oliver, and relief filled his heart. Oliver's Gengar was hiding there and thankfully, no one was wearing the scopes that could let them see it.

"What took you so long?" The teal-haired man maliciously grinned. 

"The camera outside the room has been destroyed, and the one in the main corridor has been destroyed as well. It was a Golbat." The man in the lab coat kept his eyes on the tablet and informed his partner. 

Aizen prepared his Psychic Focus and kept a blank expression. 

"So you figured out that we rigged the cameras." The man grimly looked at him. "You two." He called out to two of the guards. "Go after that Golbat and take care of it." 

"Yes!" Both the men saluted before running out with their guns.

Aizen had to stop himself from killing those two right there. He put his faith in Golbat's mischievous nature. It was more than capable of hiding from the enemy. 

"If I am not wrong, you must be the infamous Archer." Aizen smiled at the teal-haired man. "An undercover agent and a former Ace Trainer of the last Kanto Champion. You defected together with Giovanni 12 years ago. How's that old man doing?"

His words made the scientist and Archer look at him in surprise. The surprise lasted for a while and then it was replaced with apprehension. 

Archer took out a Pokeball and called out an Alakazam. 

"You have me curious..." He madly smiled. "Alakazam, read his memories." He ordered. 

Oliver looked in horror at the command. Letting Alakazam read through the mind of a conscious person would prove fatal for the man. Aizen could even go mad from it. 

The ruthlessness of Archer even surprised Aizen, but he only grinned at Psychic Pokemon who tried to get in his mind. 

Everyone watched in bated breaths as Alakazam and Aizen looked each other in the eyes, and then to their shock, the Psychic Pokemon screamed in pain before a light engulfed him and it forcefully entered its Pokeball. 

"Ouch..." Aizen playfully winced and smiled at Archer. "Now what?" 

The provocation of Aizen unnerved everyone. And Archer looked ready to shed blood. This was not how someone who was clearly in a disadvantageous position behaved. It was as if Aizen did not even feel threatened. But part of the reason for his anger was the similarity between what happened here to what a certain Pokemon had once done right in front of his eyes. 

"What did you do to Alakazam?" The scientist curiously asked. 

"I will tell you if you tell me what that thing is." Aizen gestured to the blue Cube inside the machine. 

The scientist seemed ready to answer but Archer cut him off. 

"Stop playing games!" He shouted and then threw another Pokeball in the air. What came out was a terrifying Druddigon. "If that boy makes a move, tear him to shreds" He ordered his Pokemon before looking at one of his men. "Cuff him up." 

Aizen allowed the grunt to place handcuffs on him, and let him do the search. He subtly influenced his mind to not check around his neck, and the man gave an all clear to his commander after collecting the empty pokeballs, thinking that they were not empty. 

There were sudden tremors that the entire building felt, and it tensed their hearts. The Pokemon out there were going crazy because of the overcharge.

"How much more time does it need?" Archer asked the scientist. 

"35 minutes." He replied. 

Archer looked irritaded at the answer and then glared at Aizen. 

"Put this boy in the corner. We will be taking him with us when we evacuate." Archer commanded. He knew that the boy was not simple. And he felt that he could prove a valuable hostage against the Indigo Council.

"Yes!" Two of his men stepped forward before dragging Aizen to the corner. 

Aizen showed signs of resistance that made them use their Stun Guns on him. 

He gritted his teeth from screaming out and bore the electrical shocks for a while before feigning tiredness and falling down on his knees in a haggard state. 

The grunts put him in a corner and stood guard around him. 

Oliver was put amongst the other hostages, and the Gengar in his shadow silently got to work. 

Aizen kept revolving his Psychic Focus, preparing for an all out attack. 

He had to make them lose consciousness in one move. And did not have the luxury to differentiate between ally and foe. 

All he hoped for was that Bill would arrive within 30 minutes. Or he would really have to take them on all by himself. 

The menacing Druddigon kept its eyes on Aizen. It did not show it, but its instincts were screaming at him to not attack this human. The only thing that kept it from backing away was its Dragon's Pride. 

Twenty minutes later, Oliver signalled to Aizen, letting him know that he was free of the handcuffs and that his Pokeballs were with him. 

Aizen shook his head secretly, asking him to not make a move. The last thing he wanted to do here was have a Pokemon Battle that could destroy the generator and cause a massive explosion. 

A few minutes later, the two grunts arrived and informed Archer that they failed to find Golbat. This earned them the ire of the commander who shouted at them for their incompetence before giving a hateful glare to Aizen. 

More than half of the cameras in the building had been destroyed. And Archer no longer had the eyes on what could be happening inside the building.

When exactly 30 minutes passed since his capture, Aizen sighed as Bill had not arrived on time. Now he had to choose if wanted to go on with his plan or not. 

Oliver was asking for his permission to engage, but he kept refusing him from doing so. But now they were out of time. 

What he feared was that Archer would kill people once he was done with charging that cube. They had too many people here, and not all of them could be taken outside as hostages. Some will be killed off to send a warning if they encounter any problems during their evacuation. 

"Damn it..." Aizen cursed as he prepared himself. 

"What did you say?" Archer narrowed his eyes at the boy that had been quiet for so long. 

"I said..." He said his eyes that suddenly glowed in an eerie violet light. "Begone!" He yelled and a powerful burst of psychic energy washed over the room.

10