Chapter 9
3.7k 5 111
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

And so the days went by. I as usual went about my days.

 

I didn’t know when exactly the attack will happen so I just prepared my mind so that whenever it happens I will be ready.

 

As for the event where I was supposed to bully the protagonist, in the anime Megumi was the one who intervened and prevented it from escalating and of the protagonist challenged me and defeated me later but all that didn’t happen now.

 

What I am a bit concerned about despite it being good for me that there was no conflict as this kind of thing can lower the image of both me and my family especially if I lose, is that Hayato the protagonist didn’t do the intense training he would do if he had fought me. And the reason this is concerning is that the upcoming attack is of a very high level. Will he be able to show off his skills? That is what I wonder.

 

He didn’t get the recognition he would get if he defeated me. And now he might not be strong enough to fight monsters and get recognition for that.  This is what I am concerned about. This is the only part of the story I meddled with so obviously I am concerned about the aftermath, I hope I don’t get dragged into the story because of that, I value my life a lot.

 

Other than this I don’t think I meddled into the story much. Yes me being good doesn’t matter as it doesn’t really related to the story in any way other than the fight. What happened to me after that fight wasn’t shown so it’s clear I was forgotten after that.

 

Also me being strong is something that I need to make sure I get the respect I deserve in my father’s company. It’s inevitable, I have to do it even if it affects the plot, though I don’t really think it will. And I didn’t even join the Student Council so I should be ok, though the behavior of the president is concerning.

 

Regarding my behavior in class and friendship with Megumi, it shouldn’t matter since it is regular friendship, she is also friends with other students in class and I am sure she has other friends in school and they never became protagonists.  So my only concern is Hayato not being strong enough.

 

Well it’s not like I can do anything about it, so I’ll just wait and see what happens. Hopefully everything settles by itself.

 

As for why Hayato was involved with the invasion incident even though he was neither a Knight , nor a top class student, well let’s say it was due to plot armor.

 

When the incident happens obviously all the weaker would be told to go to the rear and be on guard, while the Knights, the Student Council and a few chosen elite students will fight in the frontlines.

 

Normally on such occasion you would think he would be at the rear. But due to his protagonist luck that day his cellphone happened to break due to him carelessly dropping it, now it was a must device to have in school to get updates, notices etc. His phone was quite old too. So he decided to skip classes and buy a new one. The attack started after the reentered the school after buying it, but he was far from class. So he didn’t receive any evacuation warning and he was face to face with the attackers, fortunately or unfortunately.

 

And he was strong enough to hold off a few C rank monsters until his friend Megumi arrived who was assigned that area. And in this way he joined the fight and made himself noticeable to the Student Council and the entire school and this marks his rise in popularity and his integration in the plot.

 

Anyway one day I was in school attending when suddenly……………..

 

WAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH……….

 

A siren sounded throughout the school.

 

Then there was an announcement, it was made by the Student Council President, “Everyone this is Watanabe Sakura, the Student Council President. This is an emergency, we have been attacked by an army of monsters in front of the school gate, they are closing in. Please do not panic. All Magic Knights of the School and the members of the Student Council gather in front of the Student Council so that we can form a plan and attack. Also the top 2 students of each year please join us as well to protect the school. We will not the allow the school to be overrun, we will protect the school. I promise you in the name of the Watanabe family. Also  the rest of the students please stay calm and in an orderly manner leave the building from the back and gather in the building in the rear forming a defensive stance. Again  I implore everyone please stay calm”.

 

After the announcement there were notifications in our phones with the same instructions. The best students be requested to join was expected as same thing was said in the anime, so Megumi can easily show off her skills and join the Student Council. So in this way the plot will stay the same.

 

About the other students though they naturally began to panic. But the teachers were able to control them and guided them to the back side. After making sure they are safe the teachers are to join the fight as well.

 

Megumi and I nodded to each other and made our way to the Student Council. On the way Megumi asked, “Takeru-kun  what did you think caused the attack? And in front of the school no less. I t never happened before. Don’t you think it’s suspicious?”.

 

I nodded and said, “Yes it’s really suspicious but it’s really hard to say how this happened before any investigation. For now all we can do is make sure that the school is safe”. Well I know who attacked but I can’t say it can I ? At least not without looking suspicious. At this Megumi nodded and we arrived in front of the Student Council room.

 

All the other Knights and older students have already gathered. The Knights nodded towards me and I nodded back.

 

Then the Student council members came out of the room.

 

Sakura said, “Thank You everyone for gathering quickly.  We have already made plans as to who will be assigned where so I’ll tell you now……”.

 

In this way everyone was assigned to be particular position. The Student President and Vice-President each took two Knights to the two most dangerous areas of attacks.

 

I and Megumi were assigned to a relatively safer place compared to the others. The right of the school entrance. Now while I was glad for the consideration, I knew for a fact that being with Megumi would mean I would have to  face Hayato which I didn’t want to but I had no choice as it was an order and in this situation to survive you have to accept whatever the order is.

 

Sakura finished, “………….so that’s that. Now everyone to your positions and god luck”. With that everyone went to their assigned area.

 

I and Megumi nodded to each other and went to our assigned location.

 

Megumi said, “It’s great that they were considerate enough to let us in a relatively safer area right? Considering our inexperience this is a blessing right?”.

 

I nodded and said, “Yes that’s true”.

 

“I am worried about Hayato though. You think he is safe?”, asked Megumi.

 

Well I know how he is but I can’t say. So I said, “Yes he should be ok. I think. He is supposed to be with the evacuating students right?”.

 

Megumi nodded and we made ourselves to the venue.

 

As we were nearing it we saw a guy sprawled to the ground with a katana in his hand trying to defend himself from a group of C rank wolf monsters. The wolves had bigger teeth than normal wolves, were twice in size and had blue fur with lower side having white fur.

 

The guy was wearing the school uniform. I had a bad feeling about this. So I rushed ahead to see who it was. And my bad feelings was correct it was Hayato. But he looked quite pathetic. I didn’t think the lack of training would make him that weak.

 

Anyway, I added the wind vortex in my blade and in one slash killed all the wolves. Then I looked at Hayato and said, “Are you ok?”.

 

“Y-Yes thank you”, said Hayato. I gave him my hand and he took it and I pulled him up.

 

Meanwhile Megumi appeared behind me and looked at Hayato and immediately became worried and angry and asked him, “Hayato what are you doing here? Weren’t you supposed to be in class? Why are you in such a dangerous place?”.

 

Hayato raised both his hands and said, “Calm down Megumi. My phone broke so I went out to get a new one and after I returned I was suddenly attacked by monsters. What happened?”.

 

“We were attacked by an army of monsters”, I said.

 

“Yes and you should consider yourself lucky I and Takeru were there, otherwise god knows what would have happened. Now hurry up and go to the back with your class where it is safe”, said Megumi.

 

“Yes I am thankful for Takeru saving me but did you say we were attacked? You guys are fighting right? I want to fight too”, said Hayato.

 

“No way. You are too weak to fight. This is a very dangerous task. You should go and take shelter with the rest”, said Megumi.

 

“Megumi you know that being weak didn’t stop me from doing the right thing. You guys are fighting, how can I stay still?”, said Hayato.

 

“No way. Stop acting like an idiot. This is no time for thinking idealistically. You’ll die. I don’t wat my childhood to die unnecessarily. You can get stronger and participate in later fights”, said Megumi.

 

“Oh come on”, said Hayato. Then he looked at me and said, “Takeru-kun you understand how I feel right?”.

 

Honestly I want him to stay, if he can show off his skills here, maybe I can get an express pass out of the plot.

 

So I nodded and looked at Megumi and said, “Megumi-san if Hayato-kun wants to fight so badly let him participate. It’s better to have more participants don’t you think?”.

 

Megumi looked at me angrily and said, “Takeru-kun are you trying to get my childhood friend killed?”.

 

I got shocked from this sudden anger and quickly shook my head and said, “No no that’s not what I meant. I am sorry”.

 

Then I looked at Hayato and said, “I am sorry”.

 

Hayato looked at Megumi and said, “Megumi-chan you didn’t need to be so mean to him. But anyway if you are so against it I will leave”. With that he left.

 

I just sighed inwardly. I was a bit relieved at this too. Megumi was correct Hayato was weak now and could be killed in this fight, if I want him to take up his role I need him to be alive. He can tarin and show off his skills later. I just hope that in the meantime no one forces me in his role.

 

After Hayato left Megumi looked  at me apologetically and said, “I am sorry Takeru-kun I was just worried about him. I didn’t mean too..”.

 

I smiled and said, “It’s ok. I know that you were just worried about him”.

 

Megumi smiled and said, “thank you for understanding”. To which I nodded.

 

And so Megumi and I took care of the straggler monsters that came to our direction. The others took care of the real threats.

 

We only faced C and D rank monsters so they were easy  to take care of and we didn’t sustain any injuries. There were some property damage but that was inevitable.

 

And after a long while when the sun was about to set we heard announcement that the attack was over and we are to meet in front of the Student Council room.  The property damages will be taken care of by the maintenance staff with the help of magic.

 

We both sighed in relief. The grueling fight was finally over.

111