Chapter 14
3.2k 17 101
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

On Monday I came to school and found that Emily was in very high spirits. She looked more full of herself than before. And our classmates were encouraging her even more. Well it’s expected.

 

I heard she even challenged the Student Council members but was rejected on the grounds that she hasn’t defeated the strongest student in her year, which happens to be me. In the anime Megumi was the strongest student in our year so by this time Emily had already challenged the Student Council and was defeated by Ayaka and humbled. However that is not the case currently.

 

I have a feeling she is going to pester me again for a battle after being freshly motivated from her win.

 

I looked to the side and saw Megumi, she seemed to be doing ok. I hope that she feels ok inside too and she is not just trying to put up an act. She only lost narrowly. By the way Megumi can also use fire magic well too but she didn’t counter with that because her magic is weaker than an S rank magic and hence it wouldn’t work.

 

As for me my lightning magic would work because two reasons, one my magic rank is A+ so almost near an S rank and two my magic control is S rank so I can control my magic with better efficiency and not waste it so I would be able to put a much bigger resistance.

 

I approached Megumi and asked, “Megumi are you ok?”.

 

Megumi looked at me and smiled and said, “Yes, I am thanks for asking”.

 

“Are you sure you are ok?”, I asked again just to be sure. “Yes I am”, replied Megumi, she looked ok so I let it be.

 

As predicted Emily came to me and said ,”Have a match with me”. I just ignored her.

 

She got angry and raised her voice and said, “Come on, you are the only one I have to beat in order to beat the Student Council”. I ignore her.

 

She then tried to rile me up saying, “I see you are a coward right? You don’t want to fight me because you are scared. Don’t worry I’ll go easy on you”. I still ignored her. Which got her to shout “HEY..”.

 

But fortunately the homeroom teacher entered the class at that time so had to shut up.

 

She continued to pester that afternoon at lunch and even after that for a few days. But due to my continued indifference she stopped.

 

Hah I can’t wait for her to be kidnapped, that would humble her and teach her a lesson.

 

Actually I can prevent that. All I have to do is put an anonymous note warning about the kidnapping on the desk of Sakura. Even if she didn’t believe it she would take measures to ensure the princess’s safety as it’s an international problem.

 

And if the kidnapping doesn’t happen I won’t have to fight with my life on the line. This seems very ideal, however I want to teach her a lesson and this kidnapping is the perfect opportunity. According to the plot nothing will happen to her so it’s all right.

 

Besides if I warn Sakura, I might have to take turns to be that princess’s guard. I cannot stand to near that haughty princess so no thanks.

 

I know this makes me sound like a bad guy. And I won’t lie, I felt moral pangs at times but at those times I remembered her smug face and any hesitation I had disappeared. And it’s not like I am supposed to know this, this is something that is supposed to happen.

 

Anyway a few days later I went to school in the morning as usual and at class I didn’t see Emily. Megumi was there. I had a feeling she was already kidnapped.

 

As if confirming my assumption, a message appeared in both my and Megumi’s phone. It said, “Urgent..please report to the Student Council room immediately, your teachers have already been informed and you are excused for the day”.

 

Me and Megumi looked at each other and nodded and took our leave from our class and headed straight for the Student Council room.

 

On the way Megumi, “Why do you think called us so urgently?”.

 

I shrugged and said, “I don’t know, we have to go there to find out”.

 

We arrived in front of the Student Council and knocked at the door.

 

“Come in”, said Sakura and we both entered. Inside we could see all the Student Council members, they were all looking very serious.

 

“What is the matter President?”, I asked.

 

Sakura took a deep breadth and said, “Princess Emily has been kidnapped”.

 

“WHAT?”, said me and Megumi in unison. I pretended to, to avoid suspicion.

 

Sakura sighed and said, “Yes it’s true. The people who kidnapped her are a terrorist group from her country called “Devil’s hand”. It seems that they captured her to force the country to release some of their members who were captured”.

 

“When was she kidnapped?”, I asked.

 

“This morning. They have already contacted her country. I have used come agents from my Watanabe clan to find out their hideout. They weren’t combat oriented so they didn’t attack. Besides it’s our responsibility as the Student council of ‘Magic Knights Academy’ to rescue her”, said Sakura.

 

“Wait President. Isn’t it the responsibility of the government to take care of this issue since it’s an international issue. I am sure they have skilled agents who are perfect for the job. We are just students”, I said.

 

“I understand what you are saying Takeru-kun. The authorities know about this but it will take time for the special team to move, we can’t wait for it. Besides our academy is responsible for the security of the princess, which we failed to protect. So as the Student council of this academy it is our duty to rescue her, if something happens to her we will be held responsible”, said Sakura.

 

I sighed and said, “Ok, I understand”.

 

Sakura then got up and said, “Let’s go”. We all followed her to the chopper.

 

On the way no one talked. After flying for sometime the pilot said, “We are here”. And the chopper landed on a helipad at the top of the building.

 

We got off and took the elevator of the building to go to the ground. As students of the academy we were allowed to enter other buildings for “missions”. So all we had to do was to show our Student I.D. cards.

 

As we got to the ground, we followed Sakura to a clearing. Over there were no high rise buildings but an open area and a small house a little further away.

 

“Here?”, I asked. Sakura nodded. As we went nearer…

 

ROOOR!

 

HISSSSSSSS!

 

We heard two loud monster cries and we saw…two S rank monsters. They had the monster collar from the Roseblade kingdom attached to their necks. They appeared out of the surroundings.

 

It was a fire Dragon, with blue scales with wings and a Basilisk, black in color.

 

Wow, these are going to be very difficult to take care of. The type of monsters guarding the hideout was not mentioned in the anime, just Sakura, Ayaka and the rest of the Student Council fighting them was said. But now I can see why multiple people will be needed.

 

Sakura turned to Megumi and me and said, “We will take care of the two monsters, you two go inside the building and rescue the princess, we will join you shortly”.

 

I and Megumi looked at each other and then nodded. “Good luck”, I said to the rest of the Student Council members as we made towards the building.

 

We cautiously opened the door. The inside was dark. We cautiously went inside being careful of traps but none was there. This is still the same as in the anime.

 

As we appeared in the middle of the building we saw Emily tied to a chair and her hands were tied and her mouth was gagged. There was a magic circle on the chair, probably to weaken her so that she doesn’t escape.

 

As we went closer we were surrounded by a dozen men. Wait why is there one more guy than in the anime?

 

Then one of them spoke, “As expected you fell right into our trap”. It was the A rank villain in the anime who was difficult to beat.

 

“You were right to call me Derek. It looks like they have powerful members”, said one guy. He looked a muscular as the “Derek” guy, this guy was wearing a blue shirt over a white T-shirt and he was wearing brown pants. He had blue spiky hair and blue eyes and a fair complexion. He had a golden band with a red stone on  his left arm.

 

Derek the A rank villain from the anime was a bald tanned guy with green eyes, he was wearing a red T-shirt and blue jeans. He said, “Of course Ethan. I research their little Student Council before making the kidnapping. I was originally going to come alone with these guys but when I found out that there were two new A rank members both being the top 2 from the first year, I figured I needed another experienced A rank fighter”.

 

Wait another A rank? Are you kidding me? These cronies are all B rank so that’s ok, I originally thought Megumi can take care of them while I stall for time while fighting the A rank guy but if there are two A rank guys, I don’t think I can handle them. It’s impossible, I really might die.

 

But why did they have another guy? It’s different from canon isn’t it? He said cause he researched the Student Council, so does that mean that it became more difficult due to my presence instead of the protagonist? But I never wanted to…no it doesn’t matter whether I wanted to or not, what matters is that I was there and it changed because of me.

 

Shit, now I think I made a mistake in allowing this kidnapping to happen. Is this karma?

 

Sigh, whatever it is I have to fight, so let’s focus on that now.

101