Chapter 19
3.4k 2 81
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The next day I woke up in the morning with a headache. The cause was simple, I couldn’t sleep properly even last night.

 

But I couldn’t afford to have a headache today as I had training in Sakura’s house. So after breakfast at the cafeteria I went to the school infirmary, which even operated during weekends as all the students stayed in the dormitories.

 

The nurse gave me Aspirin. I sat there for sometime until my pain subsided.

 

Then I made my way to the school rooftop where I was supposed to meet Sakura. I had enough time to stop my pain as I woke up at 7:00 AM and the meeting was at 9:00 AM.

 

When I reached the rooftop I saw Sakura, Ayaka and principal Haruka were already there.

 

Ayaka being there didn’t surprise me as she and Sakura were friends since childhood and went to each other’s homes often.

 

Sakura looked at me and said with a smile, “Oh there you are Takeru-kun, you arrived on time”.

 

There was a helicopter near them.

 

Haruka said, “Ok everyone get in”.

 

So everyone of us got in. Sakura said, “It’s going to take sometime to reach my home so in the meantime let’s discuss some stuff related to the Student Council”.

 

So we discussed various things related to the Student council, there was the upcoming sports day that was very important.

 

After about 1 hour we reached our destination.

 

It was a huge mansion with a big garden in front of it.

 

There were also other different buildings in the property. The color theme was green and blue, green for the doors and windows and blue for the walls.

 

Our helicopter landed on the helipad on top of the mansion.

 

After we landed Haruka told Sakura, “Sakura show him around the training area, I have work to do”.

 

Sakura nodded and Ayaka and me followed her as we took an elevator to the bottom of the building.

 

We visited the various buildings in the compound, turns out they were the training facilities, the main building is only for residence.

 

There was a gym, a training simulator, a martial arts dojo and a weapon training dojo.

 

After seeing all that we finally came to the "Magic meditation room”, this is what I was waiting for.

 

As I entered I saw there were different magic stones of different colors embedded in the walls, there were also materials to ensure that the energy do not leak. The atmosphere was very comfortable and the magic energy was soothing.

 

Sakura said, “Takeru-kun you wanted use this correct? We will be leaving then, use this to your hearts content”.

 

“Thank you”, I said and Sakura and Ayaka left after that.

 

I sat on the carpet on the floor in a meditating position. And then I felt the magic in my body.

 

After sensing my whole’s body’s magic I began channeling the outside magic to my body.

 

I don’t know how much time passed after that but after a while I felt the magic in body suddenly rise. It felt that I have achieved a breakthrough.

 

Hurray! I think I finally achieved S rank, I need to test that though before confirming.

 

I opened my eyes to check the time. I looked at my watch and saw that 2 hours have passed, not bad, I achieved months of work in 2 hours, this room really is incredible.

 

But I still have sometime, I need to improve my magic control. My increase in magic power definitely has reduced my control.

 

So I closed my eyes again and started meditating.

 

I again felt the mana in my body and as predicted my control lacked by a significant amount.

 

So I began to channel my mana throughout my entire body, rotating it from top to bottom and not using the outside mana this time.

 

After what seemed like a long time I finally achieved the previous mana control I had. Today was a huge success.

 

I opened my eyes to check the time and saw that 3 hours have passed. So total 5 hours not bad.

 

I heard a knock at the door. I opened it to see Sakura and Ayaka.

 

Sakura asked, “You done? Lunch is ready”.

 

I said, “Yes, I think I got what I wanted. Do you have any place to check my current rank?".

 

“Yes, follow me”, said Sakura. I followed them to the mansion and I was taken to a room with the measuring machine present.

 

I checked my current status, I still had to update my I.D. card at the Student Council office later. Anyway my current stats:

 

Magic: S, Weapon Proficiency: Swordsmanship A+, Stamina: A+, Magic Control: S, Overall: S.

 

Finally I have achieved S rank. “Congratulations”, said Sakura and Ayaka nodded.

 

I said, “Thank you”.

 

After that we had lunch, the food prepared by the Watanabe servants were great, roasted chicken, rice, cutlets, sushi etc.

 

Haruka was not present, I guess she had work.

 

After lunch we went to the training simulation room to do some post lunch workout.

 

Sakura said, “Takeru-kun how about you and Ayaka spar? You have reached S rank right? Time to check how much you improved. What do you say Ayaka?”.

 

Ayaka looked interested but she said in a small voice, “I don’t mind. But is Takeru-kun ok to fight with me?”.

 

What’s wrong with her? It’s not like I hate her, why is she acting like I think she is the enemy? Anyway doesn’t matter, this match will be a good way to judge my growth.

 

So I said, “Yes I am ok, let’s do it”.

 

So we faced each other. I rushed towards Ayaka using wind magic and adding lightning magic to my sword. But Ayaka dodged it easily and got behind me and attacked with her sword covered with fire magic, I barely managed to block it, but I was pushed back.

 

“Good job, blocking Ayaka's attack isn’t easy”, said Sakura.

 

Ayaka then quickly jumped back and then attacked from the side but this time I couldn’t parry it but I dodged it albeit barely.

 

Then she appeared in front of me before I could react and punched me and I fell down and lost my sword.

 

“It’s over Ayaka wins”, said Sakura cheerfully.

 

Ayaka immediately came in front of me and offered a hand for me to lift me up, which I took.

 

“Are you ok?”, she asked in a concerned voice.

 

“Yes, I am ok”, I said with a smile. To which she smiled faintly.

 

Sakura said, “Takeru-kun you still much to learn”. To which I nodded.

 

Yes, she is correct, even though I got to the S rank, I still lack battle experience. Hence I lost. I still need to train harder.

 

Sakura then said cheerfully, “Then let’s relax in the hot spring”.

 

Yes they had a hot spring in their house. Male and female baths were separated, so we each went to respective baths.

 

Soaking in the hot water relaxed all my stress.

 

After that we chatted with each other, watched T.V. and had dinner and went to sleep. Yes I slept in Sakura’s house, (we had separate rooms of course, the house had more than enough rooms) because I had training tomorrow too.

 

Before going to sleep I got a call from my father. “Hello”, I said.

 

“Congratulations on achieving S rank, I am proud of you”, said father.

 

“How did you know?”, I asked confused.

 

“Well, Haruka told me. We know each from work”, replied father. Ah I forgot about that.

 

“Thank you”, I said.

 

“Train well but don’t overdo it, your health is important, good night”, said father.

 

“Yes, I will father and good night to you too”, I replied.

 

After that I disconnected the phone and went to sleep with a comfortable and fuzzy feeling in my heart. I slept well that night.

81