Chapter 6
86 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

-    Stop it, my friend. What's on your mind? - asked the women. Immediately she thought that she might not even want to know his answer.

-    What do you mean darling?-  A man asked, leaning his back against one of the trees. Looking at the women the sunlight hit her and she looked like an angel.

 -   I mean, "darling" that don't even think that there could be anything between us - Hayle replied sarcastically. The man raised an eyebrow and took a step towards her. Hayle had changed a lot not only her look but her personality too externally, she would never have gone into such an intimate conversation in the past.

-    Why do you think I want anything from you? - Touche Hayle thought. She didn't know, she just had a feeling that Alex wasn't indifferent about her, she was almost  sure that he was planning to kiss her just before. To disguise her embarrassment, she chuckled, then flashed a smile at the man and said just that.

-    Don't you want anything from me?

Alex licked his parched lips. All his nerves were clenching once the woman said that it was what she said it the way she had said it, ohh he definitely wanted something from her and not even just anything. But he knew he couldn't have let it unfold just yet and always saw her as that little sixteen-year-old girl who had admired him, who he grew up with and respected him, loved him. This woman in front of him was not his Hayle, this new version of the woman was not afraid of challenges and she knew how to handle men. The man was suddenly distracted by the fact that another man might have touched her body or her  lips. He knew he had no right to be angry but from somewhere deep down a strange feeling broke out, he wanted the woman to be just his.

-    Yes I do want one thing from you - the man said, and he stepped closer to the woman, so they were face to face now. - Do you know what that is? she just shook her head.

-    No, but I'm guessing you will be telling me after you stop being dramatic -Hayle said. Although she was trying to compose herself to keep herself, she was afraid that in any minute now she would jump into the saddle of her horse and flee if the man came any closer.

-     Though it's very simple, I don't want anything else from you … just for you to forgive me… for everything - said the man and grabbed Hayle's hand, pulled it closer to him and kissed it. The woman was so surprised that she couldn't swallow for a moment, but she soon came to her senses. The man can’t think that’s enough that now she will forgive him like nothing had happened thought Hayle, then smiled and pulled her hand out of the man with a slight force as she spectacularly wiped the hand behind the back of her jeans. Alex watched in shock. That's exactly what Hayle wanted.

-    That is a very bold request Alex, considering that you had eight years to apologise to me, but you waited until I got home to my sister's wedding, how romantic. Unfortunately, that won't be enough, 'said the woman, while she climbed on her horse. She looked down at the man once in the saddle and did just that. - I'm not sure I'll ever forgive you, Alex."

Then she navigated Blackwind to the other direction and rode off. She didn't ride back to the stable, instead pressed the saddle into one of the cavalry's hands, then hurried to her mother's car. She knew that her mother was keeping her key's in the glove compartment. She got into the car and drove out the gate. She rarely drove cars, found it hard to find rhythm with the car at first, but finally managed to curb it. She lowered the top of the car and let the wind get in her hair. She needed to be alone. She could no longer be near that man, she was afraid that she would do an unforgivable thing, and would let a path through for that wild passion that was burning in Alex's eyes. Hayle doesn't even dare to imagine what kind of passion she could live through in his arms. It was a different kind of passion that she felt now, then the one she felt when she was a teen. What she felt back then couldn't be compared to the feeling she has now. Back then she could only imagine and stole ideas for what she felt from books she hadn't actually lived through; she couldn't understand it back then. Now she can. She almost threw herself into his arms. The only thing holding her back was her pride. She hoped she would be able to preserve this feeling during her stay.

She drove into the city, parked her mother's car and then locked it. She wasn't as naive as her mother. Then she started into the afternoon crowd of the town. Hayle found herself facing many familiar faces. Fortunately, no one recognised her. That made her feel relieved she didn't want to talk to anyone. Or spent time explaining how she actually felt about her sister getting married before her.

She had never been jealous of her sister, but what she felt at the moment was very close to it. She was older, she was supposed to be the one marrying soon, not Carrie, who is barely twenty-one years old, freshly out of college. She should be the one  working in a bar and think about why she has not managed to find a husband yet. Instead, she has to think about why she is not married yet. Many men were interested in her, many of whom wanted to establish a closer relationship with her, but she always said no, she tried to hide the reason from herself for a longtime, but she has never gotten over Alex, not really. There in the middle of the city swirls she felt a strange sensation going through her body, she felt like someone was watching her. She looked around in suspicion, but she didn't see anyone.

Thanks for reading. I hope that you have enjoyed this next chapter. If you can, please continue to support me so I can keep writing it for you guys. If you want to check out my patreon it would be much appreciated.

I'll see you guys later :)

K. J. Sulliven

 

1