Chapter 9
73 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

It was getting late. We talked through the whole afternoon though Hayle. The bar door opened and none other but Alex and her future brother-in-law walked through. Hayle had gaze to the ceiling and whispered it in front her:

-     You won't make this easy. Right big guy? - then she put a smile on her face - What a surprise to see you two here - she said and let Tom hug her.

-     It's good to see too Hals - said Tom letting her go.

-     What are you guys doing here?

-     Carrie texted me and told me you guys are here. And I thought to myself if you won't come to see me then I'll make the sacrifice to come and see you - said the man smiling. - I'm hoping though that you'll go easier on me than you with this one.

-     What else did you do to Alex? - asked Carrie but she could barely hold her smile back.

-     A little while ago I was in town, and he sneaked behind me. Really he can only blame himself for getting a beating - said Hayle defending herself and he gave Alex a ugly look, but the man only responded with a smile.

-     This is all good and nice, but what if it's an old lady trying to ask for help. Would you have beaten her too? - asked the man grinning.

-     I'm thinking that the old lady wouldn't have attacked me from behind, so she should be just fine - said Hayle sarcastically and then she taken a sip from her beer while getting up. She wiped the beer away with her hands from her lips. - Now if you excuse me I will check out the ladies now, but when I'm back get ready sis so I can beat your ass in pool - she winked at Carrie and went to the restroom.

Once she closed the door she leaned her back against it and sighed. She did seem to be able to avoid Alex. She had enough today. She walked to the sink and  with some water she tried to cool herself down. Then she wiped her hand and took a deep breath. Out of good manners she will stay for another half an hour, then she goes home. She walked out the restroom and who else would she stumble into then Mr  temptation walking on two legs, she wanted the man with every fiber of her being. Alex put his arm around her and pulled her closer. Like so many times today Hayle was astounded by the man's boldness. It impressed her that the man is not willing to give up so easily. She had this feeling that if she doesn't tear herself away from his arm, then she might do things that she will regret. So she reached back with her hands and pried the man's finger off of her waist.

-     I thought we had already discussed this. I thought I was very clear that I don't want anything from you and my only wishes that you leave me alone.

-     I remember gorgeous. You told me about where you stand but you didn't let me tell you where I stand.

-     The only reason for that is that I don't care where you stand and stop calling me gorgeous - said the woman and she headed back to their table, only to find Carrie and Tom in a vigorous kiss battle.

-     KHMM - Hayle cleared her throat but the couple didn't seem to hear it - Would you get out of each other's mouths and show compassion toward the single people? - Hayle said and took her seat at the table. Carrie laughs at her sister's comment, but after a quick peck she let go of her fiance.

-     If you don't mind we are leaving. We have dance lessons tomorrow morning - said Carrie and she got up from the table. Tom looked worried.

-    I have a feeling that you are not thrilled about that Tom - Hayle said smiling.

-    Whether he likes it or not he needs it. Or I'll be dancing with Alex at our wedding - answered Carrie.

-     That's the only thing I need. I think I just rather take the dance lessons - said Tom and their little group had a good laugh. 

-     There will be no pool today - Hayle said and she got up too.

-     You can play pool with Alex. I'm sure he has the time to kick your ass - said Carrie with another laugh. Hayle looked around in the group and felt like these people had colluded against her. 

-     The only person who's ass will be kicked is Alex - Tom laughs at her statement.

-     Then he was beaten by a girl twice today - Hayle let out a giggle. - Once you have defeated Mr Pool can you drop his ass at home? - Hayle thought about that a little. Two of them in a car, alone. That was dangerous territory, but she didn't want to be a joy kill. 

-     Of course, no problem. Only if he was willing to sit in a car with me once beat him - Tom let out a laugh and pulled his fiance behind him to leave the bar.

Thanks for reading. I hope that you have enjoyed this next chapter. If you can, please continue to support me so I can keep writing it for you guys. If you want to check out my patreon on the link below it would be much appreciated.

I'll see you guys later :)

K. J. Sulliven

1