Chapter 17
57 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The next few days flew by like it was nothing. They enjoyed each other's company. They would spend the day like there was nothing happening like they were indifferent to each other, but at night Hayle would wait until her family went to bed and sneak the man into her room or she would sneak over to Alex's. The chemistry between them was amazing. Every time they were together it was just like their very first time, that raw sexual chemistry that drove both of them. They spend every night together, but they would never stay over until morning. One of them would sneak out in the middle of the night. She knew it was the agreement and it was her idea to keep this from their families, but she couldn't help but to feel horrible, used. She had no merit, she was the one who made him promise, all he did was compile. Her feeling has changed, she wanted to spend every waking hour with and and woke up in his arms. She kept her promise and put all her doubts aside, by doing that she was happier than ever but her actions were creeping up on her. The wedding will happen in a couple of days, after that she was supposed to head back to Nashville. All that stuff she put to the side started to matter again. She could no longer deny her feelings towards Alex, she loved him. The man never talked about love though. He talked about passion and his desire but never love. They don't have a normal love story, where other people would think it's too early for that. They have known each other for a long time now. Hayle needed to know how he felt about her. She was struggling with her memories from the past, she couldn't forget that this man has hurt her once already, who to say that he won't do it again. She was lost. 

Hayle got out of her bed and went to take a shower. She was trying to stop her thoughts before they got too judgemental. She knew what she would get into and she had no regrets, but it wasn't a game anymore. Now the wager was her heart and a possible future with this man. She needed to find out how Alex feels. Finished her shower and got back to her room. Once dressed she went downstairs to find her sister. They were supposed to go and pick up the wedding dress. She tried to spend as much time with Carrie as she could. She missed her terribly. She missed her whole family, after she lost Tina she thought about coming back but at that point she couldn't. Until her aunt's death she had family next to her and it made it a lot easier, but now she practically has no one to stay in Nashville for. She found Carrie in the kitchen. Looking at her sister she was surprised how much she had grown up. She used to be very naive and carefree. She still has that but she has so much wisdom, she couldn't stop thinking that she missed a whole chunk of time of that process. 

-     Good morning sis - she greeted her. 

-     Good morning - she said and looked up from her newspaper. 

-     Are you ready to go pick up the dress? - she asked her while pouring coffee into a mug.

-     Very much so - she laughed nervously. Hayle was looking at her trying to analyse the problem.

 -    Is everything okay Carrie? - she asked and stepped next to her, placing her hand on her shoulder. Carrie looked at her and tears started to gather in her eyes. She pulled her up from the chair and hugged her sister. - What's the matter? Did Tom do something? Carrie for the love of god what is happening?

It took her a couple of minutes and two glasses of whiskey to calm her down. They were sitting in the library. Carrie was still shaking but she looked a lot more calm then five minutes ago.

-     Do you want to pour your heart out to your barmaid? - Hayle asked, smiling. Carries laughed faintly at her joke. She stood up from the sofa and started paces around the room. Then she finally started talking.

-     Do you think that Tom and I are getting married too fast? - she asked her. Hayle looked at Carrie with relief. 

-     Are you getting cold feet so close to the wedding?

-     No I'm not, I love Tom and I want to spend the rest of my life with him - she said determinedly. 

-     Then where is all that coming from? - asked Hayle.

-     I was having lunch with some of my friends from college yesterday, they just arrived for the wedding. I went to the restroom and when I came back they were talking about me and Tom. How we are getting married too fast and how we will regret not being out in the world and experiencing it all. Do you think they are right? - she asked, finally sitting next to her. Carries was looking at her with fears in her eyes. Hayle took her hand into hers.

-     Car, you are not being hasty with this. I know you love Tom and I'm sure he loves you. Don't take it to heart what they said, they are just bitter and jealous. I'm sure all of them are thinking how lucky you are to have found the one person you want to spend the rest of your life with, they might never find that person. The love that you guys share doesn't  grow on trees, some people go through life looking for that and never find it. The only thing that matters is that you guys love each other, it's not as cracked up to be single, you will experience the world with him next to you and hopefully it will be a love that will last for a lifetime. I saw how he looked at you, it's pure love Car, that man would give his life for you, don't let anyone tell you that you are making a mistake - she said and pulled her into another hug. Carrie sighed and laughed.

-     Thank you. You saying all that made all the difference. You know me best and you know what's best for me - she said hugging her back. Hayle felt a knot in her throat. - Argh sorry for the scene. For a moment I thought they were right. We are young and we could be a bit fast with all of this.

-     You not. Think of it as getting to spend more time together instead of losing those years of finding everything out about each other before getting married you get to discover all that while being with him - Hayle smiled, she knew that the crises were evaded. - Now let's pick up that dress, before mother starts questioning why we haven't left yet.


Thanks for reading. I hope that you have enjoyedthis next chapter. If you can, please continue to support me so I can keep writing it for you guys. If you want to check out my patreon it would be much appreciated.

I'll see you guys later :)

K. J. Sulliven

0