Chapter 20
39 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Hayle looked at her phone, there was a text. She didn't have to check to know that it was from Alex. He sent her three texts and tried to call her two times. She didn't answer. She needed time away from him. Needed to think. Carrie was just in her bathroom, taking a shower. They just arrived in Nashville. She wanted to take her to the bar, show her around a little, then have some dinner and talk. She knew she didn't spend enough time with her this week, partly because of Alex but she just tried to avoid her questions. She bet that she had a lot more questions that she didn't want to answer or couldn't since she didn't know the answers yet. She felt so unsure about everything again. Just like when she left Summersville, but this time it wasn't Alex's fault. She got into this mess and now she will have to decide what she wants. Hayle heard the shower stopping minutes later when Carries came out of the bathroom. 

-     That was well needed - she said and sat down in an armchair in Hayle's living room. Hayle got up and poured glasses of wine for them. She offered one of them to Carrie. She took it and as she took a sip, she sighed. - You were right I needed this. 

-    You worked so hard on the wedding, you need a couple of days to rest - she said smiling and sat back on the couch. 

-    I did, but it's worth it I got to marry the love of my life - she said. Hayle smiled at her.

-    Well then let's raise our glasses to Tom and you. Ten years down the line as enemies, but you finally made it. I always knew that you two were meant for each other - she said and she drank.

-    You did? 

-    Of course - Hayle laughed. - You two were at each other's throat every second, it had to have some very deep feeling involved. You either hate each other or you love each other. I knew you would either kill him or marry him - she said Carrie laughed at her.

-    Well I'm glad that it is the latter - she said. - I always thought you would be the first to marry, and I was kind of jealous of the relationship you had with Alex, you two understood each other so much it was like you two were soulmates.

Hayle almost choked on her wine. She never thought that anyone else had seen the connection between them. She always thought she had imagined it. All those years back then, she was obsessed with Alex, but she never talked about it to anyone. She just quietly loved him from the far. When they were together she always tried to hide her feelings, it seemed like that she failed to do that. 

-     We were a good team I guess - she said.

-     You were a lot more than that. Everyone thought that you two will marry one day. All our friends, even our families thought that. Now that I know what happened, I can understand why you left, but I still don't understand why you stayed away for so long? - she asked. Hayle looked at her, she might as well be honest now.

-     I never got over Alex, Car. I thought I did, before I came home, but now I know that I never did and probably never could. He was my very first love, but he was more than that he was my best friend. Seeing him again made me realise that it wasn't just some childish love I felt for him back then. I found my person. The person I want to spend the rest of my life with. No one else has ever had a fighting chance against him. That's why I have never gone home for the holidays. I couldn't not go through all those emotions every time I see him. One of the reasons I have come up with this trip is him. I needed to get away. Might well tell you now that I'm putting everything on the table, that the last couple of days we've been sneaking around. - she said blushing. Carrie didn't look shocked, she looked quite pleased with herself. - Care to explain why you're smirking like that?

-     I knew that you two finally, realised that you were meant for each other, not surprised because I kind of suspected as much, when I went into your room in the middle of the night two days ago and you were snuggled up to Alex in bed - she laughed. Hayle playfully hit her with a pillow.

-     You knew all this time and you didn't tell me?!!

-     I was waiting for you to tell me! - she laughed, holding her hand above her head, while Hayle kept hitting her with the pillow. She stopped the attack. 

-     Sorry for the delay, but I needed to keep it from you guys - she said and took another sip of the wine. 

-     Why? Everyone wants you two to be together - Carrie said.

-     That is exactly why I wanted to keep everything from you all. You all think we are perfect for each other, but what if we are not? What if all that was just in our imagination? 

-     Well is it? - Carries asked, looking all nervous about her answer.

 

 Thanks for reading. I hope that you have enjoyed this next chapter. If you can, please continue to support me so I can keep writing it for you guys. If you want to check out my patreon it would be much appreciated.

I'll see you guys later :)

K. J. Sulliven


 

0