Chapter 21
33 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Hayle thought about her answer, but she knew it was definitely not in her imagination, she doesn't know about Alex though. 

-     It's not at least not in my mind. I don't know about how Alex feels, he's not exactly an open book. He doesn't talk about his feelings, never did, he was more the action worth a thousand word kind of guy. 

-     What's his actions telling you?

-     That he cares about me - Hayle answered.

-     Isn't that enough? - Carries asked and held her sister's hands in her own.

-     Not anymore sis. I need him to tell me he loves me and he can't live without me. After everything, him just caring is not enough. I knew that he always cares, but now I need to know that his love will last a lifetime. What if he changes his mind again and rejects me? Again! I can't go through that again - Hayle said and drank the rest of the wine. - But enough about Alex. That's not why we are here. Get ready sis we are going out!

Hayle went into her bathroom to take a shower she was determined she would not think about Alex tonight. Both of them got dressed and left the apartment. The bar wasn't too far away. When they arrived Hayle looked at the board hanging in the front. It said Tina's. When she first arrived she thought it was tacky, but now she would never change it. They stepped into the bar and Hayle headed for the counter. Her manager David has been helping her the last two years. He was a good looking guy. Every woman in the bar was hanging on his every word. She never looked at him that way before, neither did he look at her like that they were more like best friends. Just as he saw her arriving he stepped out from behind the counter to greet her. 

-     Hello you!! What are you doing here? You said you are away for the full week - he said smiling letting her out of the tight hug. Hayle smiled at him. He was a true friend. After Tina's death she needed someone to feel her place. David was just there and she was glad that she hired him.

-     Yeah I know, but I thought I'll bring the sis so she can get away from all the drama at home - she said and pulled Carrie in sight. - David, this is Carrie, my sister. Sis this my right hand and best friend David.

-     It's very nice to meet you - Carries said and kissed David on the cheeks.

-     The pleasure is all mine - he said and kissed Carrie's hand and she giggled like a teen girl. 

-     Back off buddy she is getting married in two days - Hayle said and walked behind the counter to pour some drinks out.

-     Ahh just my luck - he said dramatically, Carries just laughed. - So how long are you two staying for?

-     Just until Sunday morning, I'll drive back early so we won't miss the day - Hayle said smiling and placed some white wine in front of her sister, then she poured some whiskey for herself. 

-     Anything fun planned? - he said and took over the serving from Hayle. 

-     Nothing much, we are just going to spend some time together, have drinks, dinner, maybe go dancing - Carries said.

-     Preach sis - Hayle said and took a sip from her drink. 

-     Well I wish you guys fun and Carrie watch out for this one on the dance floor - David said laughing. Hayle made a face at him and walked to one the booth with her sister. They sat down and talked about all kinds of stuff, Hayle asked Carries about college, her boyfriends and friends. She wanted to make these days about her. Carries told her all the stories and talked about every little fling she had throughout those years, but she also said none of them were as real as what she has with Tom. Hayle knew what she talked about. She felt the same way about Alex.

-     Have you ever dated anyone? - she asked her.

-     Yeah I dated a couple of guys, but nothing serious, it never felt right. Then after Tina's death I took over the bar and it took all of my time.

-     What was she like? - Carrie asked. She never really knew Tina. They got together for birthdays, and Christmas, but she never really got to spend time with her. 

-     She was very driven, kind and she just loved life. Without her I never would have become what I am today. She shaped my whole life. She guided me as she would have guided her own children. She was amazing - Hayle said and pushed away a tear in her eyes. 

-    You must miss her a lot - Carries said and her voice cracked. It was hard for her to see Hayle like that. Vulnerable and lost.

-     I do, but I have all those memories with her. How do you like the bar? - she asked quickly, trying to stir the conversation in another direction. Carries looked around, and nodded in proof.

-     I like it. It has a lot of character just like Tina - she said. Hayle couldn't agree more. Everything in here was Tina. She decorated the place, she has not touched or changed anything. - Don't you want to try to make this place more like you?

-     I thought about it, but I don't want to let her memories go.

-     You don't have to by changing it you won't erase her memories - she said and hugged her shoulders. Hayle felt lost again, just like, when she first arrived, or when Tina passed away. Her sister's hug made that feeling go away.  

-     Are you hungry?

-     I could eat - Carries said laughing. Hayle wanted to change the subject and she didn't object. 

-     Well then you in for a treat I know the best fried chicken place in Nashville - she said and pulled her sister off the seat. 

The next day went away really fast. They spend most of the time talking, and watching movies. They both needed those two days. Hayle needed to get away and Carries needed to rest and calm down before the wedding. Sunday morning Hayle woke up early and packed up a few things to take down to the car. Carries was still asleep. Her little sister is getting married today. She was still unable to believe it. She made some coffee and took some into her bedroom to wake her sister up. She sat on the edge of the bed and gently shook her shoulders. Carries opened her eyes. 

-    Wakey wakey. Brought you some coffee - she said and Carries took the cup of her. She took a sip and looked at her gratefully. 

-    Today is the big day - Hayle said. 

-    Yeah it is - her eyes were glistening. She couldn't wait to be back at home and marry the man of her dreams, - Let me get up and help you pack.

-    No need for anything. Just get your ass up, Tom will kill me if we arrive late - she said laughing.

0