Chapter 22
41 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

While driving back to Summersville, Hayle thinks about what she will say to Alex. She already decided that she can't stay with him. The trust that she had in him once is long gone. He has not been completely honest with her. She knew it won't be easy, she loved him so much. The time they had together was amazing and she will never forget it. They arrived at the farm. Hayle stopped the car in front of the house and she saw the front door open. It was her parents. Her father got the bags out of the car. 

-      Welcome back girls. How was the trip? - he asked, hugging his daughters. 

-      It was very good, definitely a good thing we went - Carries answered walking to the house. - But now let's get married!

-      Everything is ready honey. You have nothing to worry about. Just enjoy today - their mom said and they walked in the house. 

Hayle went up to her room. Closed the door and sat on her bed. This is her last day with her family and with Alex. Tonight she is going back to Nashville. She won't be able to see him ever again. There was a knock on her door. Her mother popped her head in to her room.

-     Can I come in?

-     Of course - Hayle said. She sat down next to her. 

-      The day is finally here - she said and hugged Hayle's shoulder.

-      I know, it's very exciting.

-      It is. I'm glad you are here and helping her through all this - she said.

-      I wouldn't have missed it for the world - Hayle laughed. Her mom looked at her all happy and calm. That's what she loved about her the most. Her calmness. - I'm sorry that I wasn't here before. I wish I could have been. 

-      That's ok. You needed to get away and I understand why. You were very young, it wouldn't have worked out back then.

-      You knew?

-      Of course I knew. Alex was never the same again and people also talk, but I already knew you love him. You were always laughing when he was around, and I could see it in your eyes. That look. Pure love. I don't know the whole story, but I know one thing. That man loves you. I can see it in his eyes. He has the same look. The last two days he has been jumping up every time he heard a car arriving. You need to talk to him darling. 

-     I know I do. I just don't know what to say or how to say it. 

-     You'll find the words just say what you feel - she said and kissed her forehead. Once her mother left she needed to start to get ready. All dressed up, she walked over to Carrie's room. Knocked and opened the door. Her sister was standing in front of her mirror. She already had the wedding dress on and she looked like an angel.

-     You look beautiful sis - she said and stood behind her to adjust her dress. 

-     Thank you. I feel beautiful too - Carries smiled. - You look amazing as well. 

-      I know you have good eyes - she said looking at her maid of honor dress. It was a peach coloured dress, floor length, with dainty little flowers all over the bodice. She looked at her, and pulled out a box from behind her. - I wanted to give you this.

-     What is it? - Carries asked and took the box from her.

-     It's your something, blue, old and borrowed. I want you to wear it for luck - she said. Carrie opened the box and looked at the earrings inside. It was blue topaz, with a silver finish. It looked old and handmade. 

-     Where did you get this? - she asked.

-     It was Tina's. She left it for me. Do you like it?

-     Like it? I love it, it's perfect! - she said and looked up from it. Carries hugged her, she felt warm and loved. Nothing could be compared to this feeling. - Thank you. 

-     Your welcome - she said and hugged her tighter. - Let's get you married.

They walked down from the room and headed to the garden. That's where everything was set up. Walking along the roses, she looked at what her sister had planned out. Everything looked beautiful. It was like looking into Carrie's soul. She handed her sister to their father and smiled at her one more time. 

-     You got this - she said and took the flowers from their mum. Alex was waiting for her at the steps to the gazebo. She walked towards him, her legs were trembling. She felt a knot tightening in her tummy, but at the same time she felt happy to see him. He offered his arm and she took it. 

-     You look amazing Hals - he said as they walked alongside the chairs.

-     Thank you. You look handsome too - she said and he did. He looked very dashing in his suit. He stroked her hand that he held. She felt goosebumps going through her body. Is this feeling ever going to go away?

-     I missed you. Why didn't you tell me that you were going away? - he asked. Hayle looked up at him. She knew that he was going to ask this question, but this isn't the right time.

-     Not right now. We'll talk after the wedding - she smiled at everyone. They reached the priest and Tom. Hayle took her place. She tried not to look at Alex. She was watching Tom instead. He was shaking, he looked nervous and excited. He smiled at her and then fixed his eyes ahead. Carrie was walking toward them with their father. Tom's face relaxed immediately, and his eyes filled with tears. It was clear that he loved Carrie very much. He smiled as he watched her. Hayle's eyes filled with tears. He never saw love this strong, up close, except her parents. 

Carrie took Tom's hand and the priest started. The ceremony was very romantic. Hayle couldn't hold her tears back, nor anyone else. It was truly beautiful. When it ended, and the newlyweds walked down the aisle now hand in hand, Hayle took Alex hand again and walked with him. As they walked towards the gazebo, she knew she wouldn't be able to escape now, but luckily once they reached the seating area, they got separated by the crowd. 

She tried to stay out of the way and avoid Alex. Most of the day it was fine, but during the speeches and the dinner, he nearly got her. He danced with her sister and mother and then his own mum, then she saw him dancing with that woman from the shop. So she wasn't lying when he invited her. Now they are dancing. She felt her anger taking over her brain. She didn't know where it came from. She walked across the floor and snatched Alex's arm off of her. Then pulled him out of the room. Hayle knew that everyone was watching her but she didn't care. She didn't stop when she got outside, she headed to the barn and pulled Alex with her. Once they were alone, she let him go. 

She was angry, confused and frustrated. She missed the man, and he was dancing with this woman from his past.

 

 

 

0