LAST CHAPTER
62 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

-     Care to tell me what is going on - she asked him. Alex looked at her surprised. 

-     No problem as soon as you tell me first - he said. He was amused by the woman. She looked even prettier when she was angry. Looking at her he knew he loved her. Loved her more than he could ever imagined.

-     Who's that woman? Hadn't you dated her once? - she asked, pacing around. Alex was just smiling.

-     You remember her. It was ten years ago, Hayle - he said. 

-     You would be surprised what I remember from that time - she said. - What is she doing here with you? 

-     I invited her - he said. Now it was Hayle's turn to be surprised. She didn't think that the man would just come out with the truth.

-     Why? Are you two together? - she asked.

-     We are not together in the meaning - he said.

-     Then how?

-     We used to date as you know and we kept in touch after - Alex said and leaned against the wall.

-     Are you two still sleeping together? - Hayle's asked. She was afraid of the answer but she knew that she needed to ask. She needed to know the whole truth before it was too late. 

-     We used to, but not since Tom and Carrie got engaged - Alex said and watched the woman closely. He could see the changes going through her. From surprised, to angry, to hurt. He didn't want to lie to her. He couldn't. If there is any chance that their relationship will work they need to be one hundred percent honest with each other. That was a big problem before they never were honest with each other not fully, not about what's important. Not about what matters for their future. He couldn't do that again, fully knowing that it could wreck everything that they built these last few days. 

Hayle didn't expect the feeling to hit her so fast. It was like a truck, she felt jaded, felt hurt and angry. All those emotions all at once made her shake right to her core. She was afraid of the answer and not why it was imminent. She knew she had no right to be mad about it but she couldn't help but to feel angry.  This man was sleeping with a different woman just days before she arrived. Is she just the second best option? Does she even matter to him or is she just another number? Just another woman to him. He asked for another chance and she gave it to him. She didn't know that it would hurt this much. She didn't know that it would shatter her again. That all these feelings would drown her. She took two steps back. Looking at the man she knew that all that trust she built up in herself the last days, are gone. All those feelings she had now don't matter. She couldn't look at him the same. He said he will never hurt her. This is the second time he broke that promise, she let him do it both times. It's all her fault. Her naive trust in this man will cause her mental breakdown. 

-     Now it makes sense why she is here. I hope you two will have a great life together - she said and turned around to leave. Alex's words stop her. 

-    You run away again Hals. Just like the last time. You leave without listening to what I have to say about it. Well not this time. You will listen to me. I have always loved you. Ever since we were kids. At first just as a best friend, like a sister. As we grew older, I started to realise that you feel a lot more for me. It bothered me a bit at first, but as we got older, I started to enjoy your admiration. I didn't want to. Not because I didn't feel the same way, because you were so young Hayle. The way I wanted you could only happen if we got married. I wasn't going to take away your chance to see the world, to try and make something out of yourself just because of the off chance that we could work. I wanted you to see the world, to experience everything before we take that step. Even back then I knew that one day you would be mine. I knew that we belonged together. That's why I hurt you all those years ago. I could not have forgiven myself if you regret marrying me. I didn't know that you'd run away. I had no idea that the love you felt for me was that strong. Now I know what you felt. When you left for years all I could think of was that I made a mistake, that I should have told you how I felt back then. I should have never let you go. I regret every minute of it. I mourn every second that we didn't spend with each other the last eight years. When you came back it felt like the universe had given us a second chance. It gave me hope that I could make you forget all those years that we missed out on. It helped me realise that I had always loved, and that I will always love you. Please don't leave now, please fight for this. Fight for us. Stay with me and make me the happiest man on earth - said Alex and hugged Hayle from behind. Pulling her into his hug, kissing into her hair, inhaling her scent. He loved everything about this woman. He could feel his body responding to her present. They were meant for each other. 

Hayle felt Alex hugging her. She immediately felt safe. Like she arrived home after a long night out in the cold. This man meant the world to her. Everything he said was exactly what she wanted to hear. She craved all these words for years and years. She let go of her anger and relaxed into Alex's hug. She never loved anyone as much as she loved this man. Alex meant everything to her. He was her past, present and future. He was right, they were given a second chance. Maybe all those years ago it wouldn't have worked. Maybe it was the best that it happened this way. Nothing felt better than this moment when they finally, together without secrets or past shadowing over them. She turned around in his hug and kissed Alex. Slowly, trying to show him all that love she felt for him, now and before. The kiss was painfully beautiful. It was like it was always supposed to happen this way. They were meant to struggle, so they can find their way back to each other. 

-     I had never stopped loving you Alex. Not for a second. I tried to forget you, but I couldn't. You were always in the back of my mind, your presence watching over my every step. I knew we were meant to be, all I needed is for you to say it - she said kissing him again. Tears falling down her cheek. They were happy tears. She felt completed. She felt the happiest she had ever been. Alex let go of her and took both of her hands into his. 

-     I will never let you go again. Your place is next to me. Together there is nothing we can't overcome, but for that I need to seal the deal here. Can't let you roam around here without this - he said and got down on one knee. He reached into his pocket and pulled out a ring. - Hayle Davis, you are the only woman who can make me forget how hard life can be. I always want you to be next to me even when you are angry and mad at me. I want to grow old with you. Give you children and make you the happiest woman on earth. I will spend every second from now on until I die, to make up for all those lost years. I have not only found love next to you, but I'm lucky enough to have found my best friend. Marry me Hayle, let's make memories that will outlive us. 

Hayle eyes were filling up with tears, but she smiled. She had never thought that this journey would end with her getting everything she ever wanted since she was fourteen. She put both her hands on Alex's face and kneed in front of him.

-      Yes, a thousand times yes - she said and kissed Alex. Alex put the ring on her finger and closed her into his arms. He will never get enough of this, marrying her is just the beginning of their love story…

                                                                                                          THE END

0