Chapter 1 – Dramatic Irony
550 5 25
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Slamming the door as I walked into my apartment a loud noise reverberated likely to cause yelling from my neighbours. But to be frank, I couldn’t give any less of a shit today had been a truly garbage day. After busting my ass for two weeks straight on finding juicy leads for my news company to pick apart like vultures it had all been dismissed. Even worse the story replacing mine was some run of the mill trashy celebrity gossip you could find in any news magazine. I begged and pleaded for my greasy bald headed boss to give my research a chance only to be laughed in the face of. Yeah, admittedly, maybe throwing a left hook to his face was a little bit heat of the moment but all things considered there’s no way I can show my face there now. 

Stumbling over to my rickety fridge I opened it to feel the cool air bounce off my skin reaching in to grab my favourite golden beer. Popping open the cap a satisfying hiss sounded melting my stresses away. Walking to my couch I plopped down beer in one hand phone in the other flipping to the latest chapter of my favourite light novel. As generic as “ A True Queen’s Gambit” may appear to some compared to other novels I found it all to be highly addictive. The characters, the drama, the suspense it was so heart wrenching except there was one part that did rub me the wrong way. The supposed ‘Villianess’ a cold beauty nobody could get close to was soooo fucking misunderstood and not even evil! Her entire life people had berated and demonized her while she was still traumatized by her parents assassination. Worst of all the one person she trusted her royal council kept feeding her lies in order to get the novel’s protagonist to be queen. Safe to say I was team Queen Anastasia all the way screw all those other idiot commenters I’d let her step on me and say thank you. 

It was more difficult than I anticipated to both type one handed and slightly drunk scrolling through to find the novel. Only when I finally got there looking for this Thursday’s weekly update there was a notice instead to where my body went stiff. 

“I’m deeply sorry all of my lovely readers,” the note read, “ as of this month the novel ‘A True Queen’s Gambit’ will be going on possible permanent hiatus. Thank you for those who followed me in this journey see you around ;)” 

WINKY FACE. You dare end that with a fucking WINKY FACE. Not only did I lose my first promising job after college but now this my favourite novel was ended by this milk drinking, sausage choking, garbage emoji using nimrod! How could this day possibly get any worse… 

Standing up and spilling my beer in utter outrage I decided the mood had been totally ruined and I might as well try to sleep off my frustration. Wobbling in a orderly fashion I neglected the fact that there had stealthily been a table standing directly in front of me for me to trip over. As I made my descent face first into the floor and the sound of shattered glass erupted as it hit the carpet there was only one thought in my head. 

“Man I really hope that doesn’t stain.” 

25