We Are
35 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

    Ammolite had always admired her mother. She was such a kind Elemental, and she raised Ammolite to treat others how you want to be treated, and expect the same from them. So she did. She was as kind as possible to everyone she met, but sometimes they weren't kind back. All she could do was let it happen and stay kind. If she happened to be bullied, then she should tell a teacher. Ammolite did have issues with being bullied for her strange patterns. If we were in FE, you'd never have made it to adulthood. Your mom would die because of you. She'd hear from other students. She did her best to tune them out. She didn't need that kind of negativity in her life. A smile a day keeps the Deprs away! Her mom would always chirp to her.

    Lapis was the opposite. Her mother had always been a piece of garbage. Lazy, rude, the can I speak to the manager lady everyone dreads working with. She was obese because Lapis kept her well fed. If she wasn't, then beatings. Well, not physical beatings, but screaming and a smack on the muzzle if she didn't keep it closed while she was doing so. Lapis' nose was quite sensitive to touch because of this. She was everywhere, but she especially hated having her muzzle touched.

    Sapphire had finally arrived at the hospital, rushing into the room and closing the door behind her,

    "Lapis, dear, are you okay?" She asked. Lapis had never met Sapphire, but she'd heard only good things from Ammolite about her, so she gave a small smile,

    "Yeah, I'm fine... Head hurts but other than that I'm okay..." Ammolite was sitting in a chair next to the bed Lapis was in, paws together.

    "Are you sure, honey? If there's anything I can do-"

    "I'm fine, I promise," Lapis cut her off, though not unkindly.

    "Alright... Well, your mother has been taken for questioning. Did you get your shell back?" She asked softly. Lapis shook her head slowly, closing her eyes and taking a breath to keep herself composed.

    "... My mom broke it... Shattered it to pieces."

    "Oh no... I... I don't know how to help you with that..." She said, looking over at Ammolite.

    "C-can I stay overnight? Just today? I want to make sure she's okay... M-mentally, I mean. I don't want her to be alone." She said.

    "Okay, you can stay. But you need to keep your shell with you so I can text you, okay?"

    "Alright... Thanks, mom..!" Ammolite smiled at her.

    After some medical tests on Lapis to make sure she didn't have any internal injuries or anything else, they told her she was actually allowed to leave.

    So, Ammolite, Lapis and Sapphire walked home together. Cars weren't really a thing on Zanzus, not for anyone who wasn't part of special services (such as police officers, doctors, etc.) or weren't part of the overly wealthy.

    "So, are you two just friends?" Sapphire asked. "I saw you holding paws but I was never told..."

    "W-w I- Uhh-" Ammolite stuttered a bit. She'd yet to tell her mom her sexuality, heck, even she wasn't sure. She'd had crushes on guys before but also Lapis.

    There was silence as they moved for a bit, before Ammolite cleared her throat.

    "I mean... I don't want to stay just friends..." Lapis said before Ammolite could get anything out. Ammolite choked again,

    "Y-yeah neither do I..."

    "I suppose that's my confirmation, then." She said with a soft smile. Ammolite gently took Lapis' paw as they walked, eventually getting home.

    In the living room, Sapphire gone off to cook dinner, Lapis and Ammolite were left to talk for a bit.

    "So your mom..." Lapis said softly.

    "I can confidently say she is much better than yours." Ammolite said with a soft smile. Lapis nodded,

    "Much better. She's... Almost as nice as you."

    "Awh, thanks Lapis! I'm glad you think I'm so nice,"

    Lapis felt something weird in the pit of her stomach. What it was, she wasn't sure, but it was warm and fuzzy. She suddenly got the urge to move closer to Ammolite. There was silence for a second, before Lapis did what she wanted to do. She crawled over to sit next to Ammolite, brushing her tail against her hand, startling her a bit and making her jump forward.

    "Sorry, sorry!" Ammolite said as Lapis nearly hit her head on the couch.

    "No, no, it's fine..." Lapis said, curling up next to her, knees tucked under her chin, tail around her ankles.

    "... You look so pretty in the sun..." Ammolite said softly. Indeed, the sun peaking through the window as it set put such a nice light on Lapis. The way her fur shone, it almost sparkled. Lapis' cheeks turned a soft shade of gold and her tail tensed around her ankles, shaking her head.

    "I don't think so, but thank you..."

    "Beauty is in the eye of the beholder, Lapis."

    There was silence again for a moment, before Ammolite reached out to start petting Lapis. She lightly scratched behind her ear, causing the Dranda to tense. She wasn't used to physical affection like this. Every time someone raised their hand at her she was afraid to be hit. She still felt like that with Ammolite, but not nearly as much. Ammolite made her happy, quite so. She trusted her.

    "Soft..." Ammolite murmured, stroking her fingers over the soft fluff of Lapis' ears.

    "Ammolite..." Lapis said softly, tail tip swishing gently.

    "Hmm?"

    "Have you ever kissed someone?" She asked, lifting her head up to look at her 'friend'.

    "Not in the way I'm willing to bet you mean."

    "... Do you want to?" She asked. Ammolite nodded.

    Kissing a girl wasn't something Lapis thought she'd ever get to do. Heck, she didn't think she'd get to kiss anyone. But here she was, muzzle softly pressed against Ammolite's. It was nothing spectacularly skilled, but it felt special to Lapis. Ammolite was special to her.

    Lapis was the first to break it, pulling back slowly.

    "D-did you like that?" She asked softly. Ammolite nodded breathlessly.

    "Yeah, I-I did..." The world seemed still. 

    "What do we do now?" Lapis asked after a long pause.

    "I... Don't know... Just sit here, I guess..." Ammolite responded.

    So they did, sitting there in peaceful silence until dinner.

 

0