Confrontation
32 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

    Lapis had always hated confrontation. She was passive, when it came to physical stuff. Not a fan. However, she was quite a powerful Elemental, when it came to magic. She didn't know her full potential, but she inherited all the powers from both her mother and father, rather than just some from each. It's a rare thing, but it happens, though never one generation after the other, oddly enough. All Elementals have control over the elements, but sometimes their powers are more than that. Sometimes, plant Elementals can have healing powers, or increase the healing when certain plants are put over a wound. Herbal remedies on steroids, so to speak.

    But Lapis could do all kinds of things. She didn't just have control over water. If she wanted to, she could drain the blood from a creature in around sixty seconds. She, of course, didn't know that much, because she'd never tried it. She could mold water to her will, make it into complex shapes (such as a detailed, watery clone), or just move it into her muzzle without having to stand up to grab a glass. She knew all of those.

    Confrontation wasn't something she wanted. She didn't want to have to hurt people to defend herself or Ammolite...

    Ammolite. The first Elemental in her sixteenish years of living to ever care about her. The only Elemental to truly care, the only one who would really be affected if Lapis killed herself. Thinking about that upset her almost as much as she was now.

    Leafly schools are supposed to be bully-free. You take those attempts down at a young age so they know it won't fly in higher years. But, there were a couple of fire Elementals picking on Lapis. She didn't like that. But, she did her best to ignore it. It was one of her classes where she didn't sit by anyone she liked to be near, so she just kinda zoned out until the bell went off. Then, she was called on.

    "Lapis?" The teacher, an older female water Drat, asked. Lapis stayed silent. She wasn't even sure what class she was in, honestly.

    "You gonna give us an answer?" Someone behind her asked.

    "That's the weird Elet who doesn't speak to anyone but her girlfriend." Lapis sank down in her chair as the teacher went back to teaching. Her face felt hot, she knew she was blushing that disgusting gold color that showed up so well on her cheeks, she hated it. She buried her face into her arms on the desk, only fo the teacher to tap her shoulder.

    "You can't hide from your problems," She said. Lapis ignored her. "Look at me or I'll send you to the office." She demanded. Lapis just got up and left.

    When she got to the office, she was taken to the principal's office instead of the vice principal's. He was a Tree plant Droggon, towering above Lapis. He gave her anxiety. He was quite nice, but damn if he didn't make her nervous.

    "Why am I in here?" She asked.

    "You tell me," He said in reply, putting his paws together on the desk with his arms parallel to said desk. "Who sent you down here?"

    "Mrs. Duff..." Lapis murmured.

    "And why did she do that?"

    "Because I didn't want to lift my head off the desk." Lapis said flatly, clearly annoyed.

    "And why is that?"

    "Because I didn't want anyone to make fun of me." She said, curling her tail around a leg of the chair.

    "So was it a 'if I can't see them they're not there' thing, then?" He moved his chair forward.

    "You could call it that..." She mumbled.

    "Lapis, we know you have issues, but you have to do what the teachers tell you."

    "So if the teachers told me to just let people talk bad about me I'd have to?"

    "In their classroom. You come to me if anyone is talking about you."

    "Why should I put up with it? What's the point? Because public shaming is okay with children? It's fine because we're not adults and we have to do what you say?"

    "Now-"

    "No! That's bullshit! I don't believe this!" She stood up, about to leave.

    "Sit down." He growled. Lapis shook her head. "Do I need to call security?"

    Lapis started to cry and bolted from the room. She ran out the doors of the school. She didn't know where she was going, she just wanted to be anywhere else.

    She knew she couldn't go to Ammolite's house, that would get her sent back. She didn't want to be completely alone though.

    She flew up to hide in a tree, pulling her shell out of her pocket and throwing Ammolite a text.

    Ammolite, who was in class, blissfully unaware of the situation, pulled out her shell under the desk upon getting that familiar vibration against her torso while her shell laid in her pocket.

    Help me

    Ammolite all but panicked, immediately responding with

    How? Where are you? What happened??

    I ran away. I don't know where I am right now. Ammolite I'm scared please help me.

    Lapis I don't know how to help you! Why'd you run away?

    Principal was being a bitch.

    Lapis you could be suspended or expelled for ditching class!

    Not skipping class if I was sent to the office in the first place.

    Oh for the love of gods, Lapis, please come back to school.

    What, are you on their side now?

    I'm on MY side! I want you to be happy and I know once you're not angry anymore you'll be sad, and alone, and I REALLY don't want that!

    No response.

    Lapis had started clawing up her tighs again. She couldn't take it. She didn't do too many marks, she didn't want to bleed to death out on the ground. The Feral would find her corpse before any Anthro did.

    After it got dark, dark up where the sun reached the leaves of the Tark Trees, she flew back up, home. She was light-headed and almost passed out, but she didn't care.

    She landed on the steps of Ammolite's home, knocking on the door.

    Ammolite opened it, and immediately dragged Lapis into a hug. Ammolite was crying before Lapis got back, but now she was crying louder.

    "Lapis, never do that again!" She said, pulling her into the house.

    After a bit of 'reuniting' Lapis got a good scolding from Sapphire.

    "I'm glad you're okay..." Was the last thing she said before heading back to finish dinner.

    There was silence between the two Elets in the room, neither sure what to say.

    "I'm sorry..." Lapis said quietly.

    "I know you are. I'm sorry too." Ammolite said. She wasn't sorry for telling Lapis the truth, but she felt like if she didn't, Lapis would get upset and run away again.

    "Okay... So... What... What do we do?"

    "You wanna go upstairs and watch some TV?" Ammolite suggested. Lapis shook her head.

    "Let's stay here and watch TV..." Lapis climbed up onto the couch, and Ammolite did the same. Ammolite sat upright, but Lapis curled her head up in her lap, closing her eyes to try to sleep until dinner was done.

    After a few minutes, Ammolite realized that Lapis, had indeed, fallen asleep. Worse, she had to use the bathroom. But Lapis looked so cute...

    She sighed softly, weighing her options. Lapis probably wouldn't be mad at her if she got up, but who's to say Ammolite wouldn't be mad at herself? Lapis deserved to be at peace like this. Eventually, though, she was saved by dinner. Sapphire came in and told them dinner was done, which Lapis perked up at. She'd missed lunch earlier that day.

 

0