Chapter 4: Countdown to….
23 1 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Now seeing that she could no longer keep his presence a secret, the only thing left was to see if it was possible to get Reaper to accept this request. Though from the short interactions with him she came to understand that he was someone who'd rather not have attention drawn towards themselves. Knowing this all she could do was sigh while calling out, "Micara, could you call those two here, I need to speak to them." "At once, your Majesty,'' she replied. As if she was born from the shadows themselves she appeared and then disappeared. After waiting for a short period of time she could hear a knock on the door, " You can come in now.. Please, sit, there is something that I need to tell both of you especially you Reaper. As you've noticed within my personal guard there are no men and it has been that way for all previous Queens too. So seeing as you've been living within the inner palace alongside them for the past week, rumors have begun to pop up. Rumors that you, a man, are the first to be allowed to join the ranks of Scarlet Masquerade, which is why I've called you here" she said looking at both Reaper and Nemesis. Hearing the reasons for the summons he could instantly tell what kind of situation he was thrown into. Figuring that it had to do with the eavesdropper outside the library windows. Knowing that his quiet life just ended, he scratched his head and answered, "What were you cornered into; and how annoying has it gotten for me, your Majesty?" Seeing that he was able to figure things out and accepted so easily stunned Vatir, "One of my ministry elders came to me, along with his followers, asking who you were and whether or not I decided to accept the person he put forth to be invited into my guard. Knowing full well that I couldn't trust someone he endorsed, I decided to say that I found someone better and more qualified, which ended up being you. Leading to them proclaiming a match between both you and their recommendation, after your initiation mission, so that once you were announced to the public as the next to join Scarlet Masquerade there wouldn't be any issues. Which we all know is nothing but farce, but still it's something I have to deal with; leading to the next issue, Nemesis, I need you to prepare for the initiation now. You as well Reaper, go with her and collect the things you'll need before heading out" she said as she sat back in her chair stressed out at what the future will bring.

Having been the watchman for this very test multiple times, as well as a former initiate, herself Nemesis was able to have everything ready and be on the move in under an hour. Beginning a grueling two week long journey into the deepest part of the Crystix to collect the core of a metal monitor. A creature that is known for its bloodthirstiness and extremely tough hides. As they made their way out of the city, Nemesis couldn't figure out why the Queen would send him out for the initiation anyway. Even if it was to interfere with a plot, all those who were in the cell that day remember what he did with nothing and how he acted after. So it had been a huge surprise when he actually agreed to this instead of just going straight for the fight. Noticing how Nemesis would occasionally stare at him for the past while, "I'm not going to run away from this, so you can stop staring at me like that and let's find someplace to camp for the night". Picking up the pace they began to move faster, while Reaper glanced toward their rear having noticed that as they left the city several individuals began following them. People who thought they had gone unnoticed, having taken on an easy task; but failed to realize that they were given the final orders of their lives, just as so many had done before them. "It seems orders are still one of the greatest killers," Reaper thought as he continued to look for a proper place for Nemesis to camp.

1