Chapter 3: Survival 2
29 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Those voices… They called me again." 

"The Voices in my head, they are singing."

"The Voices in my head, they are dancing."

"The Voices in my head, they are disappearing."

"The Shadows that devoured the light."

"The Light that shines through the darkness."

"Everything is in between."

"Wake up, for the time of end is nigh."

"Everything will be clear, like the sun shining through."

"But without the sun, instead just a moon with an eye watching all over us." 

"The Apostle of ############."

Lowe jolted up from his nightmares, he was already back in his room. He was sweating hard, he was anxious, he was feeling dread, and his arms were a little sore and numb.

"What? How did I come back here? Wasn't I outside before?" 

He stood up, and he checked himself. It seems he changed his clothes but he can't remember it. 

He then quickly checks his own chest, and the wounds have disappeared. "What the hell happened to me!?" He undressed himself all the way, he saw nothing the same mark of the stigmata, and he checked the mirror. Same face and same eyes, nothing had changed.

"Why can't I feel my hunger anymore? What the hell happened!?" He goes towards the book, and he opens it.

He saw the text, and surprised him. "How did I even complete this?"

>Survive for 1 Week< [7/7]

REWARDS: 1+ Points!

"Congratulations my young Apostle, I would prefer for you to get dressed first."

"That's not the point, you annoying book! How did I even complete this whole scenario without even knowing it!?" He was confused, and a little bit angry due to it.

"Please watch your words." That was the word that's been written, as it shivered down in his spine, a whole new aura that surpassed the whole, an entity that is above everyone else.

"Shit… fine."

"Good, I know my cute Rabbit would be able to follow my command!" 

"Now for the context on what happened, you just slept the whole day after you ate the Arch Lizard, which is considered the second strongest species of the Fiend Lizard."

"Now I remember…" The past began to fill it with his thoughts, the blood and the gore and the brutality of him, piercing his hand towards the eye of the lizard with the knife, and plunging it deeper towards the brain, this caused him to almost throw up.

"What happened? Why didn't I throw up like I was supposed to? What happened to my body?" He kept asking the same questions.

He checked the book, and he checked his overall characteristics.

Lowe Fallentear

Strength: D

Magic : D

Speed: D

Defense: D

Inheritance:

Shadow: D 

Passive: 

Mental Fortitude: D

Iron Stomach: D

Instinct: D

Berserk: D

Points: 1

"Just how the hell did I acquire all of this!?" He was still surprised, as he had inherited a lot of passive ability in such a matter of seconds.

"Tell me, the points are like a distribution for ranking them up, aren't it?"

"You're quick to catch on, of course they would be like that. You have 1 point and you are free to distribute that point whatever you want." 

He read the book, and just nodded for now. "Then let me ask, at that point can it be distributed even in my Inheritance or passive?"

"Absolutely, you're my precious Apostle after all. I can't let you just die the moment you have gone berserk."

"So you know what happened to me back then! What did you do to me!? and why have you chosen me in this kind of dystopian world already!?"

"..."

"So you're not even bothering to answer them, then keep your secret I will just find my own way to get back to my old world."

"I'm Afraid that would be impossible already, your soul already belongs to me after all. So you won't be able to escape nor run away from me… My young Apostle." 

Such a threatening aura just by mere words in the book was already enough to make Lowe fall back in fear, as it consumed him the moment those words struck down toward his brain.

"Oh my, it seems I have accidentally helped you a little bit, good for you to have such an advantage already." 

Lowe then looks at the book, and he sees his Mental Fortitude has gone up to rank C.

Mental Fortitude: C

The moment he gained the new rank, his mental health had improved, his sense of danger everywhere had calmed down. He looked outside and everything looked normal, until it slowly consumed him by the madness of the current scene.

"I still can't handle it." He grabs some new clothes, and it surprises him that the clothes were not that itchy, but that wasn't the time for now, he needs to find a way for a food source if he needs to survive.

"Since I have 1 point, what should I distribute it on?" He wondered, he looked at the The Book of Grimm, and he opened it.

"Strength, my physical power then but do I really need that now?"

"Magic, I'm curious about it but I don't know how to use it at first."

"Speed it's very vague. I don't know if it's my reaction time, or my agility to move and such."

"Defense, more protection I guess."

He just sighs, he is displeased at his current situation, he doesn't know where to put his points. 

His passive would also work, in the points but he checks his inheritance, the Shadow ability.

"Shadow…" 

The diary of Lowe, stated the family of Fallentear have all red eyes, and black hair hair and they all share the same ability of shadow.

Ever since the Great war, their family had been reduced to almost extinction and now only Lowe is the last Fallentear left in the Grimm world.

"If shadow is my own ability, then perhaps I can utilize it further." 

He then began to test it, as he muttered the word shadow the room was enveloped by his own shadow, but something quickly took his attention.

Every object is slowly descending into the shadows, it's the same as the past. He could put more objects into his shadows, but what if he could trap the enemy instead?

Those were his own thoughts. If he could spread his own shadow, how far can he manipulate it if he raises it to Rank C? 

"I need to find more use for it, I should need some more weapons, but for me to gather money… I don't even have gold to begin, I only have like 50 gold in the pouch that I found in the drawer." 

"It seems like my apostle is having some problems, lemme join the fun."

"Then tell me, how I can earn money in this world?"

"Haha! You're a funny one Young Apostle, you just need to kill a bunch of lizards in the forest and grab their heart and sell it to the butcher of this place, easy right?" 

"You can also do the second option… Just grab a group of humans and offer their heads at the Butcher as well!" 

"I'll take the first option, I'm not going to slaughter my own species."

"Species! Hahaha you still have the mind of a human, but sooner or later… you will abandon that thought of yours!"

"Then, give me the next quest instead!"

"Quest? you mean Task? Oh sure! if you're up for it my young apostle because this is going to start your own hellish experience in this world."

>Let us make a sacrifice, Feed us 100 Hearts of the Arch Lizard< [0/100]

REWARDS: 2+ Points.

"Good luck, my young apostle." The Book just closed, and this time it begins to engulf into the arm of Lowe as it merges into his soul.

"You have got to be shitting me." 

He just sighs, but he needs to be more careful now, as the forest he had gone through has some kind of mind effect that will descend you into madness.

"Then I must continue, I must survive this hellhole… Just this once, I must complete this." He gathers all of his courage, and goes outside once more and this time he goes towards a shop that sells weapons, and he found the demon, it was a goat like horns, and he has a face of a gorilla, but his body was a 2 meters tall with furs everywhere.

"I'm going to need to buy 1 Longsword and 3 Daggers." 

"20 gold overall." The demon stated, while Lowe put 20 gold on the counter and the demon gave him 1 longsword and 3 daggers.

"Now piss off." Said by the demon.

He ignored his words, as he will not fall for his words. He will strive to survive this world, as long he could regain his old world and return to it.

He returned to his destination, the Forest where he lost his sanity and descended into madness and hunger, but this time it would be different.

"If I need to eat, then I'll just have to eat those lizards again, no matter how disgusting those tastes are, I will not be going to descend into such madness once more."

The 3 daggers then disappear into his shadow while only the longsword is in his hands; he is determined to raise his overall character to grow stronger for the future enemies he would have to encounter that are stronger than him.

"100 Hearts of the Arch Lizard, you still have to be shitting me." 

The book that had merged into his soul, it appeared in his hand and saw his overall characteristics.

"Raisie my point in my Shadow."

Shadow: C

New Ability Acquired: The Hands of the Shadows.

1