Chapter 6: Guilt
27 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

3 days have passed, and the hunt for the Arch Lizards isn't even halfway done yet. "Just how large is this forest?" He asked himself while traversing through the branches and jumping into it one after another.

He had already adapted and accustomed to hunting Arch Lizards, but the thing he worried the most about was the Arch Rex that is an Apex Predator of this forest. 

The more he uses his shadow, the more he uses it efficiently. He was able to make new techniques to make him go faster when jumping on each branch. By using the shadow hands, he extended it to 5 meters and grabbed it and propelled himself forward to and sometimes used it as a grappling hook.

He was getting used to his ability, but his Iron Stomach had ranked up as well from eating too much Raw Meat, which every time he swallowed them his tongue, and body denied it, but he forced himself to not feel the insanity of being hungered.

The Iron Stomach was able to munch the Raw meat without any problems anymore, his body and tongue had accepted the taste and a new flavor texture was formed into his tongue the moment he took a bite out of it.

"Now I wonder how it will taste when it's cooked?" He wondered as he still doesn't know how to make a fire.

"I still regret it to this day." 

He then checks the progress of his work, and he is still disappointed by the lack of Arch Lizards.

>>Let us make a sacrifice, Feed us 100 Hearts of the Arch Lizard< [47/100]

"47 out of 100, this is just pain in the ass. But the more I complain now, the harder it will get for me, at least this way I can improve myself without upgrading my stats." 

"Now look at me, getting so casual in this fucked up world with so much shit that can kill me in instant if I didn't do anything good. Luckily I haven't met some noble shit that would piss on me or even eye on me, or I would be in even trouble." 

He was muttering in his head, he kept thinking of how to grow stronger from now on, and how to survive while stacking some weapons and such. He even thought of going towards the Human continent, but he himself had become a demon race already, so going into that continent would just mean more pain in the ass, and more people would kill him in sight.

He wanted to scream so bad out of frustration, but if he did he would attract some monsters, especially the Arch Rex. 

He then ruffled up his hair due to stress, but this time he was reluctant to choose which one would go first after he had gained those 2 points. Would he rather just put everything in his shadow? But that would be an imbalance for him, as he had no strength, since when it comes to absolute power all schemes will be rendered useless.

But somewhere, he could hear something rustling and some screaming. He went towards the noise, and he heard people talking.

He was silently watching from far away, as he could clearly see a bunch of demons with horns, some with animal-like heads, and even pointy ears and even a nose. They were the standard demon hunting in the forest, but something caught Lowe off guard.

He could see a slave child was with them, it was a boy and he was emotionless as if he had given up, his hope was already shattered, his dreams, and his life was already over the moment he became a slave.

For Lowe this was atrocious, and unforgivable but facing them head on would just be his death, he doesn't even know them to begin with. He doesn't know the child, but he couldn't help himself but watch from far away. 

This was the time where Lowe was paralyze in shock, and he was filled with anger. But the moment he drew his weapon and charged at them, the moment he would be exposed, and he doesn't have some kind of ability to determine their strength after all.

"I'm sorry kid…" His heart was beating so fast, and his consciousness of guilt was swelling into his mind, and the burden of not being able to do anything had hit his core.

Then the large stomp happened again once more, the group of demons prepared their weapons. 

And emerged from the forest was the Arch Rex, and the demon fled in fear as this isn't the monster they could face head on.

The Demons then threw the child near the vicinity of the Arch Rex, which it turned around and grabbed the child. As the sharp teeth of the rex opened its jaw, it ripped the child apart into nothing. 

The demons had used the child as bait, this made Lowe enraged even further. Sadly he could only just watch as his tear was slowly visible and his guilt was becoming stronger.

"Graaahhhh!" He screamed in trauma of what he had just seen, his entire body was glowing as the Mana inside him was leaking out, and his berserk state was starting.

The Arch Rex chased down the Demonic Group, but the Arch Rex was just fast and stronger, as it opened its jaw and fired a red beam causing a massive destruction in the middle of the forest. 

But the Arch Rex sensed a massive Mana outburst coming in the other direction, which it followed its instinct and chased the stronger one to make itself stronger than before.

He calms himself down and realizes his scream must have attracted Rex. "Why! Why! Why! Why am I like this now!?" He asked himself.

The Arch Rex stamped the trees out of the way, and charged right through his direction. 

"What am I gonna do now!?"

He went towards the tree and he climbed it up and reached the highest peak, where he hid somewhere in the branches that were filled with leaves. 

Then he saw the Arch Rex had slowed down and appeared below him. The Arch Rex cautiously approached the tree as it tried to smell the scent, but he picked up nothing. 

He went to another area to find the burst of Mana that happened, leaving Lowe safe for now.

"That was gut wrenching…" He stated, as he needed some more rest for now, and he himself needed some help to recover that scene, where he just witnessed a human child just got eaten and turned into a bait by the demon.

"Despite the nature of the demons, they follow the same nature as a human does… but they go far and eat some humans like normal livestocks." He was struggling to keep up with his mental fatigue as that scene was enough to take a toll in his body.

"Just End me…" He lay down in the branches and he rested for now.

.

.

.

"You're getting close my Apostle." 

"You're nearing half of the Task, that I have prepared but this time I'm going to help you to get stronger, and stronger until you can help me descend into this world, and I shall turn it to my own liking!"

"But I do hope you wonder how you didn't get spotted, well you can't smell death and fear itself." 

"But this is just the beginning of your dreadful adventure, and in the future you shall experience of commiting gen…" 

She just smiled, as her surroundings revealed multiple eldritch horrors guarding her. The darkness within the void was in her control.

Current Data.

Lowe Fallentear

Strength: D

Magic: D

Speed: D

Defense: D

∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆

Inheritance: 

Shadow: C

Ability: The Hands of the Shadows.

∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆

Passive:

Mental Fortitude: C

Iron Stomach: C

Instinct: D

Berserk: D

0