Chapter 7: Motivation for Power
30 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

It's already been 10 days passed, Lowe who is now waiting for the final and last kill of the day.

An Arch Lizard sprung up from the area, as they charged right through a carcass of an animal meat, but suddenly a large shadow hand came in, and it was holding a long sword, and it struck down the Arch Lizard in surprise causing a minor crack in the soil.

>>Let us make a sacrifice, Feed us 100 Hearts of the Arch Lizard< [99/100]

"That would be my final, and last kill. Finally after weeks of staying in this forest I can finally go back." He looks at the lizard, and using his dagger he goes through the heart of the lizard, and grabs the heart.

Then suddenly the book of Grimm appeared in his hands. 

"I congratulate you my young Apostle, you have completed an easy task! Now I offer you the rewards you have been waiting for." 

>>Let us make a sacrifice, Feed us 100 Hearts of the Arch Lizard< [100/100]

(Complete)

Lowe Fallentear

Strength: D+

Magic: D

Speed: D+

Defense: D

∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆

Inheritance: 

Shadow: C

Ability: The Hands of the Shadows.

∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆

Passive:

Mental Fortitude: C

Iron Stomach: C

Instinct: D

Berserk: D

Points: 2

"D+?"

"It's an additional strength for your efforts, despite having no training in all of your department using only your wits and knowledge." 

"I see, so this + sign? How powerful is it?"

"Well, let's just say the + sign will increase it by 50% of your own characteristics."

"Meaning my strength from before is more powerful by half?"

"In a sense, of course."

"I see, then what should I do next?"

"¯\_(ツ)_/¯ How would I know? Unless you wanted another task? It's up to you on what you want to do next." The book just stated, but leaving him no clues he decides to return back to his home for now.

"These two points? How should I use them effectively?" He wants to learn magic, and it seems it would be a useful arsenal in his techniques.

"If the power of Magic is powerful? How did I flare up in such a berserk state that I could see some dark aura coming out of me? Was that magic? I should check it later at home." 

He goes back towards home, and he was happy that he was able to finally take some shower, as some demons and monster was looking at him, and sensing the smell of blood and murder around his body.

He was scaring some of the demonic children with his appearance alone, but some people didn't take interest in him, and saw him only as a newbie.

"Those gazes, they're more visible to me now, and the scene… Why am I getting used to this so quickly? It's probably my passive skill, I should always keep them in check." 

He is finally back at his front door, it was just a normal house, but the moment he goes inside he quickly goes towards his bathroom to take some shower, and to remove the smell of his clothes and weapons.

He is determined to survive in this world, so now he is less to complain and just rather grunt at the task he would do next now. Since hunting 100 arch lizards was a pain in the ass for him, it took him some time to get used to it until finally finishing all of it.

He also experiment some of his abilities, his shadow hands is capable of holding a longsword, so he devised a plan of using the shadow hands as an extended hand for longer range using the longsword, while using his two daggers in both of his hands, he can easily knock arch lizards no problem now.

After taking the bath, he goes outside naked without any clothes. He looks at his body, and it's all built up but his eyes are very snake-like, a red eye snake. With shadow abilities.

"Shadow, I should raise the rank of it, then next would be me raising my Magic, since I already have a D + in my strength along with my speed, I need more power in my hands."

"Perhaps I can just focus more on my shadow inheritance?" 

He couldn't decide which he would do first, but finally. He picked the first option.

He raised his Magic into rank C, he could feel the Mana swelling up to his body. It was getting stronger, and stronger and slowly removing some of the limits that binds him.

>You Have Acquired Mana Control<

Mana Control: D

"Congrats you have reached Rank C in magic! Now I can teach you some basic control in my own ways!"

"What do you mean?"

"Try to withstand it without dying."

"What?"

Until a sudden urge of pain runs rampant in his body, his blood is going wild as it devours another blood vessel in his body, and some unknown Mana is surging through his body. Every muscle he has are now pulsating, and he was in so much pain.

"GRAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!" such a loud scream that even the neighbors and the other demons heard him, but they only ignored those, as it was only normal for the demons to hear such noise in their life.

But he kept screaming, and screaming and his eyes were bloodshot, and he was now tearing with blood, his mouth is now covered with some kind of black blood.  

Until finally the pain he can't hold on, and collapses into the ground.

"Fuck yo-" His last words was unfinished until he lost his consciousness. 

>You have successfully Awaken<

Lowe Fallentear

Magic: C

M. Abilities:

Mana Control

Dark Enhancement

Blessing of the #####: ???

>Do you want to raise your Shadow to Rank B?<

>Yes<

>You have ranked up your Shadow to Rank B<

Inheritance:

Shadow: B

Abilities: 

The Hands of the Shadows.

Shadow Mimic

================================

>Time until his rest<

>3 days<

"Have a long sleep my Precious Apostle…"

"For you have now full Blessing in disguise, I do hope you can use it in the future without a problem." She just made a wryly smile.

>Let us be Feared: Become a Baron in the 4th Sector, and kill the Baron of the Zyg Family Head< [0/1]

Reward: 3+ Points.

1