Chapter 1 : Two bodies, one mind
7.3k 22 205
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"...Huh?"

"Feyt? what's wrong?"

The woman who was hugging me let go of her hug and looked at my forehead, caressing it gently. Her face is filled with worry.

"Does it hurt? You shouldn't play around the fields like that again, okay?"

"Yes... Mom?" I replied, my voice trailed off in confusion.

"What's wrong? You look out of it..." said the muscular man.

These two, I have a feeling they are my mom and dad.

So... I got reincarnated, huh? While it's true that I'm confused, it's not the fact that I reincarnated that confuses me. It's the fact that a similar scene is also happening somewhere in front of me.

---

"...Huh?"

"Carine, are you okay? Does it still hurt?" asked the man in a luxurious suit, same as the people in my other vision, I somehow know he's my father.

"You didn't hit your head too hard didn't you? I had the doctors check and they said not to worry, but don't hesitate to tell us if anything feels wrong!" Said the woman in a dark blue dress.

"Yes... Mom?"

"You should still rest for a while. Stay here until your head is healed, okay? Ask Leila if you need anything," the woman in a dark blue dress turned towards the brown-haired maid standing by the door. "Leila, take care of Carine until she's healed."

"Yes, Madam."

These two, they are my parents as well.

There seems to be something weird going on here. I know that I am reincarnated, I watched too many shows that features it.

The problem is that I have two bodies, one of a boy named "Feyt" and the other of a girl named "Carine". I have reincarnated into the both of them, and somehow controlling them both at the same time.

---

After things settled down, my visitors decided to leave.

"Don't hesitate to call me if you feel weird, okay Feyt?"

"Leila will help you clean later, just rest for now, okay?"

Said both of my moms as they left.

I am now alone, or rather both me and me are alone, so... us?

I am still confused about this, how did I get reincarnated into two separate bodies? Could it be because I saved both Luke and his girlfriend? Maybe this reincarnation was meant for the both of them, and I somehow managed to 'steal' it by saving them from death. Well, I'm not sure if that's true or not, but it's the most likely theory I could come up with.

First, let's check the surroundings.

In Feyt's vision, I see a small room, on my left is a small wooden window that doesn't use glass, only wooden doors. In front of me is a wooden door, nothing much to see there. And to my right there are 2 buckets, a big one full of water, and a small one with a towel inside it. It's a basic wooden house with below average furniture.

The bed I'm currently on is small with a height around an adult man's knee. It's a small room that I somehow feel at home with despite being here for the first time. It might be because it's Feyt's room, and this body has grown accustomed to it.

What I see from my other body though, it's not even a match.

The room is so large it might as well be a house of it's own. The walls are decorated with various gold decoration, and on the ceiling there's a golden chandelier, the sun reflected from the gold and it burns my eyes. I avoided my gaze away from it in pain. I didn't know light could be that painful.

The wall to my right is full of large sized glass windows complete with dark blue curtains. To my left, I see an open closet full of clothes, a table with a small mirror, and a drawer with a glass of water on top of it right beside my bed.

I'm in a canopy bed, it's so big it might fit a whole family. And also as same as Feyt, I feel at home here, like nothing's out of the normal in this room, despite it being the most luxurious room I've ever been in my entire life, before being reincarnated at least.

Now that I got my surroundings in check, I want to check something else, my memories. Specifically, Feyt's and Carine's memories. I recognize the people from before as my parents despite meeting them for the first time, and also how I feel at home in rooms I've never been in. So I try to remember things from these bodies perspective and I pulled the memories up easily.

One of my bodies was Feyt, a 12-year-old commoner with short blonde hair and blue eyes.

Feyt's memories showed me a simple life. My family worked as farmers, and we spent our days cultivating fields and harvesting crops. Whenever my older sister Faithe was home, we would play together around the fields. Faithe often ran errands across villages to earn extra money, carrying some of our harvest to sell. Whenever she returned home, I would run up to her for a hug.

It's weird but, these memories... I feel like I lived them myself before. But that's not all, that's only half of it.

My other body was Carine, a 12-year-old girl with black hair and green eyes born into an aristocratic family.

Carine's memories showed me a luxurious, but ultimately simple life. My family was known for our prestigious swordsmanship style and I was the lone heir. Growing up, my parents always taught other noble children our sword style, but they never let me join in. They always said I was too young, but I was always excited just to watch. I was never taught any techniques, only joining in for physical exercises.

Again, these memories, they felt like my own! I even reminisced in nostalgia for some bits of it.

My only theory is that I was reincarnated as them since they were born, but I only remembered my past life now... But that wouldn't explain why I control two bodies at once. I don't remember anything about Carine and Feyt sharing visions, hearing, etc. They don't even know each other!

Arggh, my brain feels like it might go up in flames if I try to make sense of this. Best to put it aside for now. I should move on to the next test, control.

I tried moving around my body and it feels weird. I tried lifting my arms and both of my bodies lifted their arms. I tried saying "Hello world!" and both of my bodies said it at the same time. It's like playing a co-op game with only a single controller controlling both characters at the same time.

I tried touching my forehead and noticed a bump on both of my heads. I tried remembering what the bumps were from.

For Feyt, it was because he smacked his head on a tree while running around the fields. As for Carine, it was a stray sword swing that hit her forehead while she was watching a sword practice, thankfully, it was only a wooden practice sword.

These would explain why my parents are worried.

Now that I learned I can't control my bodies separately, I realized something.

This might be a problem.

205