Chapter 2: Great Windigo Forest [Part 2]
12 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

[January 3rd, Year 700, Jure Calendar]

Obaron & Bronagh continued their journey through the night and had made it to the third day, Obaron felt like reading more about the Windigos but whenever he attempted to open his Encyclopaedia Bronagh closed it. He ignored like he did earlier, they were now at the Core of the Forest.

"We f-finally made it!" Obaron shouted excitedly

Obaron smiled as he waited for Bronagh's answer, Bronagh bent over. As she bent over she grabbed him by his head and threw him onto the ground. She licked her lips and stomped on him continously hearing the cries of pain he shouted she continued harder & harder.

"An ugly green ogre like you should just stay in your mud huts." Bronagh's face turned into one of excitement before continuing.

"If you read about the Windigos, you would've learnt that we like to eat Humans and if there aren't any demons Humanoid Demons!" 

Obaron feeling the pain throughout his body felt his memories flash, he didn't want to die here. He had the chief relying on him, he should've noticed but he didn't . Not only that but it was for the Demon King himself, his royal highness. Despite that Obaron still attempted to persuade Bronagh.

"I-i b-beg t-this i-is f-for the DEMON KING!!!" Obaron shouted before slowly losing his consciousness.

Bronagh grabbed the letter from his body and looked at it to see it was really for the Demon King. It had an insignia of one of the 72 Demon Lords, Andromalius ranked 72nd. Upon realising this Bronagh panicked, she didn't know she had nearly killed an important messenger. She didn't have much of an attachment to Obaron but she knew they would be able to trace his death back to her. Although disgusted by Obaron, she decided to bring him to the core of the forest.

As she walked into the Core, there was a small settlement that replicated a human village. As Bronagh walked in with Obaron she could feel the faces of disgust from the others as they saw her walking with a Goblin in her hand. She told the Guards the situation and showed them the letter and she was allowed into the Greater Windigo's abode.

As she entered she bowed down.

"I Bronagh, Lesser Windigo, of the Surveillance Squad have a request for you." Bronagh said with a serious tone.

The Greater Windigo looked at Bronagh with a face of disgust, she could feel the faith energy resonating from it's body.

"What is it, you come here and bring a lowly goblin! At this point just tell me you inferior piece of shit!" The Greater Windigo shouted.

Bronagh raised her head whilst holding Obaron, she walked towards the Greater Windigo and handed over the letter. She then saw the Greater Windigo read the front to see the Insignia of Demon Lord Andromalius.

"Now I see, it seems that Goblin was the messenger. So do you want to join him or something?" The Greater Windigo said feeling confused.

Bronagh nodded, although she despised Goblins she suddenly felt an attachment to Obaron. From the days they spent and how he was always nice to her even with the fact that he completely trusted her. She knew that he would face challenges and beside that she will get to meet the Demon King, an honour that many would fawn over.

 "Since it's for the Demon King, I'll give you supplies & armour for your  journey. If your sucessful you will be rewarded by me myself."

The Greater Windigo said before dismissing Bronagh with Obaron, the Guards escorted the two to the Greater Windigo's Guest Room as they told Bronagh to rest as Obaron was already completely knocked out.

[January 4th, Year 700, Jure Calendar]

As Obaron woke up he saw himself in an unfamiliar room, he saw Bronagh next to him waiting for him. He felt his body aching after being stomped on and thrown on the ground despite that he ignored the pain looking over to Bronagh with a smile.

"I want to apologize, I took advantage of you earlier. Please forgive me!" Bronagh said sincerely

She truly felt sorry for what she did, although she only felt sorry although she only felt sorry because it was a message for the Demon King. Seeing Obaron always smile somehow made her feel better about herself.

"I accept your apology, it's fine you are my first real friend outside the Nest!" Obaron said whilst smiling.

Bronagh then explained how the Greater Windigo ordered supplies for the both of them and then showed him the Armour and even Mount they will be riding. Bronagh then explained that after they leave the forest they will be in the territory of Empire Of Edelwald which is ruled by Humans although there also Demi-Humans who live there and even Demons but usually as slaves. 

"How are we supposed to go through Edelwald?" Obaron said with a confused expression.

"By wearing armour that covers our body we shouldn't be stopped if we say that we belong to the Mercenary Corporation." Bronagh said

Obaron nodded and then Bronagh took out the armour that they would be wearing. Both of them would wear Ironclad Armour that was made out of Silver, as for their false identities. Obaron would take the name Barius and Bronagh would use her name, they would say they belonged to a Mercenary Corps that was disbanded and were looking for work in Edelwald.

They both agreed with the plan but Obaron felt bad that he couldn't use his real identity, but Goblins were the lowest of low and were even able to beaten by regular Farmers and the name Obaron was synonymous with terror as he was the Demon King who nearly destroyed Edelwald. They soon left the Guest Room and continued off to the outskirts now covered in Armour they could be assumed as higher-level demons.

As they walked on bare foot, Obaron couldn't help but feel confused by Bronagh's sudden change of heart. He knew something was up but he didn't know she was going to apologize, he felt happy that she really cared about him. Back in the village he was the outcast as he was always kind whilst those who were foul-mouthed were more respected. He smiled at Bronagh and saw her smile back at him, he was happy that he had made a companion no a friend.

 

0