Vol 2, Chapter 4.5: A Day in the Life of Miu Hoshizawa [Revised]
681 2 12
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Volume 2, Chapter 4.5: A Day in the Life of Miu Hoshizawa

*****

It is sunday morning and I just woke up. I started the day getting up while thinking of that dream last night...

"*Chuckle* Me and Amagasa kun...together...*chuckle*"

...

I quickly got off the bed, dressed myself up, and gone downstairs to join with my father in breakfast

"Good morning father"

"Ah, Miu, you're just in time. Let's have our breakfast and go out once we're done"

"Yes, will do, father"

I took my seat, which was next to my father's seat

...

"We'll be going to the west area this time, I have to see the report of one of our branches from these past few months"

! The west area?! That's also the direction where Amagasa kun lives, right?

...I wonder if I'll see him today...

"Miu? Are you listening, Miu?"

"H-huh?! Ah, yes, father, of course I'll come with you"

"I see, you've been coming with me lately now, Miu, and I'm glad about that. I remember the first time you asked me that you also wanted to come last time, I was surprised"

"I wouldn't be able to do anything like this if it weren't for him..."

"Him? Who?"

"A-a-ah! I meant, for my friends! They encouraged me, they helped me overcome it! Yes!"

"I see, I suppose I owe them my gratitude some other time. If they want to visit, tell them don't hesitate to do so, alright?"

"Yes! Father!"

Although it seemed like Father was indirectly owing Amagasa kun his gratitude...

Me and my father got along very good even after my mother passed away. Ever since she was gone, my father always had his eyes on me. Whenever he always sees me crying in the past, he always blame himself for not being able to do anything for not being a better father to me...thus why he was always considerate of me and lets me do whatever that I want...

...Although I don't get to say it many times often to him, I always tell him that I love him and appreciates for what he does for me from time to time...

I always come with my father on the weekends every now and then. It was for me to know more about different places and check out every types of branch that my father has. I always help out with my father's job whenever he asks me to, whether it be helping with the documents or organizing the files. This has been a weekly routine of mine especially whenever I don't have anything else to do at home on the weekends

...and I seriously started doing it because someday, I'll be able to use the information and experience that I'll get to be able of help to Amagasa kun in the future...

...

Once we were done eating, we got prepared and head out in the west branch. It was already afternoon by the time we got there and as soon as we got there, I quickly got off to the production area and saw the people being as busy as ever

"Ah! Miss Hoshizawa! Glad you came here to check up on us!"

"Thank you for your hard work. Is there anything I could help you out with?"

"Oh no, no! Nothing at all! Miss Hoshizawa, we've got everything under control!"

"Ah, I see..."

"Still, I can't believe that you've already turned into a beautiful woman, Miss Hoshizawa! I'm pretty sure lots of guys are hitting on you!"

"Ahaha..."

"But what about you? Do you like someone?"

I looked at her with a flushed reaction

"E-eh?! Uhm...that is..."

I looked down as I gave her my reply

"...yes..."

"Haha! I see! I see! Our Miss Hoshizawa is already on that stage I see! I hope your love will bear fruit then! That is...if your father also approves-"

"Maam! There was a mistake in one of these boxes!"

"Huh? Again? Hold on, I'll be right there in a sec...Miss Hoshizawa, it seems that I have to go back to work now, please take as many chocolates over there as you want if you want to. Well then..."

"Oh! Will do! Thank you very much!"

As the lady walked off, another thought came into my mind...

My father's approvement...huh? I wonder how my father would react if I brought that up...

...

"Miu! Would you mind helping me out on my office to organize the documents?"

"Yes! Father!"

I focused my mind at the matter on hand and decided not to think anything more about it for now. I did what my father asked me to do and organized all of the paper works that were needed to be sorted...

*****

It was already time for the sun to set and we're about to go home from the west branch when we were suddenly caught up in a slight traffic

...

...going back from my thought earlier, I mustered up the courage and asked my father a simple question

"Father...?"

"? What is it, Miu?"

I'm the type of person who wants an immediate answer to my questions, that's why I didn't hesitate any longer and asked the thing that I wanted

"...If I said that I like someone...would you be mad?"

"..."

...

There was a brief of silence inside the car before my father answered the question

"Miu..."

"..."

I guess...he would be...its natural for my Father to be mad since he doesn't even know who I'm talking about-

"...Didn't I told you before? I want you to be happy whatever makes you happy. That's why I let you do whatever you want, right?"

-Eh? Father wasn't mad about it? He's okay with it...?

"Father...you okay with me...loving someone else...?"

"Miu, If you like someone and that someone always makes you happy, then I, your father, have no objections."

I smiled happily as I heard those words from my father. Even though he looks strict from the outside, he's still the softest and kindest father ever to me

"! Thank you Father! I love you!"

I tried to reach out and hug him, but he stopped me from doing so

"Still, I can't believe the day has come..."

"Huh? Father...?"

He slammed his fist near the door handle as he shouted something-

"THE DAY THAT MY DAUGHTER MIU! TO HAVE SOMEONE SHE LIKES! FINALLY! MY WORRIES AS A FATHER IS BECOMING MORE AND MORE LESS! I HAVE TO THANK THAT GUY WHOEVER HE IS! I OWE HIM A LOT!"

"Um...Father?"

"I'M HAPPY FOR YOU MIU! I REALLY DO! PAPA WILL SUPPORT YOU! OKAY?"

"E-eh?! Um...okay, Father"

I was surprised to see the supportive side of my father, but on second thought, he was only like that because he was caring for me this whole time...I really appreciate him for that, for being my father, and for approving to me liking Amagasa kun...

My father kept shredding tears while I was looking out in the window happily smiling until I saw a familiar face in the distance...

"! T...thats...!"

What I saw was Amagasa kun, Ito kun, and Fujioka kun walking near the sidewalk

"Ah! it is him-"

I was happy to see Amagasa kun the most...

...but my enthusiasm disappeared when I saw a girl that was walking with them...who was walking beside Amagasa kun...

"W...Who's she...?"

...Everything around me seem to started turning into nothing but void, focusing on them two...who seems to be happily chatting with each other...

"...Who's that girl...?"

...I think I've seen her many times before...but where?

...

...Amagasa kun looks happy...

...

I instinctively put my hand to my heart, where it was giving a odd vibe...it wasn't a beat that felt soothing...

...rather, it was a continuous beat of pain that kept stinging over and over again as I saw them two...

...t...that girl...

...

While I was having mixed emotions from what I'm seeing, the traffic pulled out and the car started to move again. That was the last glimpse of me seeing Amagasa kun out in the open...

"...That girl...there's no way...right?"

...

...

I shrugged off the thought as my father called out to me once more

"Miu? I've already contacted our maids, they should be prepping now for the celebration!"

"Huh...? Celebration? For who?"

"For you of course! After all! Its the first time I've heard of you being in love! That calls for celebration!"

"E-Eh?! Is it really worth celebrating?"

"What are you saying?! Of course it is! It'll be a disgrace to my future grandson otherwise!"

"Future grandson?!- Father!"

"Hahaha! I know, I know, I was just joking, but still, I'm glad that you're starting to be more livelier than you were before, Miu"

My father genuinely smiled at me while saying that. I felt the warmth and replied back-

"Me too father! Thank you!"

My father kept talking about the different dishes that he requested for the maids for me to choose to eat when we got back home, I just nodded my head as he kept suggesting and adding more...

...I also slowly forgot the thing that I saw today...the thought of it slipped from my mind as my father kept on discussing about more things regarding the "celebration" in mind...

*****

End of Chapter 4.5

12