Vol 3, Chapter 5.5: Hoshizawa’s POV 9 [Revised]
374 2 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Volume 3, Chapter 5.5: Hoshizawa's POV 9

*****

"Father, I'm back!"

"Oh, right on time, Miu. Pack your stuff now so that we'll be ready to go for tomorrow"

"I will!"

I said as I packed my things while humming a happy tune...

"Ho? You seem to be happier than you were earlier. Did something happen?"

"*Chuckles* Its just your imagination, father"

"HAHAHA! You're still hiding it from me?"

"...? Hiding it from you...?"

My father walk towards me, grabbing one of my shoulders and said-

"You like him right? Shun that is"

"?! H-H-H-How do you know?!"

"Whoa- you're turning red all of a sudden!"

"..."

I couldn't help but look away from my father...

...was it really that obvious that he noticed it?! Since when did my father noticed it?!

...

"Look, Miu. I'm your father, I know you better more than anyone, of course I can tell that you like Shun"

"...Not fair father...you didn't even told me that you knew already..."

"I didn't. I was speculating after you and Shun met here, but after what happened in these past few days, I was convinced that you are"

"..."

"Don't give me that look! I may be overprotective of you, but I prioritize your happiness more"

"S-So...you don't...object...?"

"HAHAHA! Shun's the best man I could ever ask for! He's the perfect guy for you! And I do mean that, Miu. If it would've been other guys, I would be more wary than I am right now, but since its Shun, he already passes for me"

"! Father!"

My eyes gleamed at father, who was approving of me loving Amagasa kun. Now that he knows and accepts it, I was even more happy than I was before...

...being able to be by his side for the whole day...him getting my MILE ID...and father approving Amagasa kun, was one of the things I would've never imagine that could happen in a single day! This day truly was the best day I've ever had in my entire life!

"But...from the looks of it, Shun doesn't know about this, huh?"

"He...Amagasa kun doesn't know...for now...I think..."

"Is that so? Then let you father handle this-"

I quickly hold my father's hand as I tried to stop him from what he was about to do

"No you will not!"

"Eek! M-Miu chaaaan...? What's with the death stare? Your father's quite scared right now..."

My father quickly turned into a puppy who looked like he was pleading for his life

"Eh?! Ah-sorry, father! I didn't mean to!"

"I-I see...actually, sorry about that..."

"..."

I didn't realize it, but apparently, I was giving my father a blank stare just now...

...but was I? Really...?

...

Recomposing himself, father asked me something-

"-*E-Ehem*...I get that you want to do it on your own, but when will you make a move?"

"Mmph! Father's too nosy!"

I pouted at my father

"I-I'm just looking out for you as your father! And besides, sooner or later, Shun might get taken by some other girl-"

"That won't going to happen"

"-Eh?"

"There's no way that would happen"

"...Miu...chan...?"

"It won't going to happen"

"...You're doing it again..."

...

...Amagasa kun going out with another girl...

...what father said is a possibility, but as long as Amagasa kun doesn't like anyone as of now...

...I know that it won't gonna happen...

...

I cleared my mind from the scenarios that keep filling in inside my mind and looked at father with a confident smile

"Miu...?"

"Because before that time comes, I'll confess to him about my feelings"

"I-I see...I hope your love will bear fruit then, Miu"

"Thank you for approving me and Amagasa kun, father!"

"..."

My father and I then started to pack our things to be prepared for tomorrow...

*****

(Bonus: "Ban's Thoughts")

"..."

While my daughter's busy, packing up her belongings, I was preoccupied at my thoughts as to what I had just witnessed...

(MY DAUGHTER NEVER REACTED LIKE THAT BEFORE! IS THIS EVEN MIU HOSHIZAWA THAT I RAISED?!)

...

(I know that she's slightly been changing these past few days...but I never imagined that the day would come where I'll see her with that kind of face...)

Yes...that face...those dead eyes...it almost as if, she had lost herself for a moment...

...I don't even know whom I should be worrying for...

...

(As a father, What I can do right now is to be happy for my daughter, to be able to support her in what she wants to do in her life...)

...But hypothetically speaking...if Miu and Shun were to go out...

...Would she also show that side to Shun...?

...

...just thinking about it leaves me at a blank, static image...

...I looked up, closed my eyes and just pray for Shun

(I could only do much as her father. The rest is up to you when that time comes, Shun! I know you can do it!)

...

...After few minutes of praying, I also started to pack my belongings...

(End of "Ban's Thoughts")

*****

End of Chapter 5.5

3