Vol 6, Chapter 1: Adoration
86 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Volume 6, Chapter 1: Adoration

*****

...

"Alright, its settled then, these two will be your new class president and vice president"

"Hai hai! Thanks for voting me as president!"

"...Why"

"Huh? What?"

"Why did everyone voted for me as vice president?!"

Masa said, as he was batting an eye to each and every student who voted him

"You can't do anything about it can you? Its either you or Amagasa kun who can be vice president"

"But why did I win?! Shun's far more suitable to this position!"

"I for the record, didn't want my name to be nominated on the list..."

...

To explain to you about how did it end up on this, we have to backtrack a little bit first...

*****

...

...right after recess ended, Ryu and I had gone back to our classroom for our next period. It was then our homeroom teacher, Homuro sensei, told us about what the event, Sports Day has in store for us. He told us that there are three main events, but there is a possibility that it might add up, depending on the circumstances, and if there's someone in our class who wants to suggest something, we should talk about it to the Student Council's Office...

...But the only one who can talk to the Student Council President herself, are the representatives of the class, which we don't have one yet. Hence why, we are now conducting a quick election for class representatives

It took some time before each positions was filled, until it only came down to two positions, the Vice President, and President of the class. Since there was an option to abstain from voting, I didn't vote for anyone and mind my own business up until now...

...until someone decided to nominate my name from Vice President position that caught my whole attention

"I want to nominate Shun Amagasa as Vice President!"

"Huh- What-"

"Alright, are there more nominees other than Amagasa?"

"Um, Homuro sensei? Can I object-"

"Now, now, you haven't even voted at least once, so why not participate at least just for this?"

"...Okay"

So this was my punishment for abstaining the whole time...is what he's trying to implicate huh?

"Hai! I nominate Masacchin!"

"Huh?! Shut your mouth blondy!"

Apparently, I wasn't the only one getting trolled by now

"Alright, are there other more nominees?"

"Homuro sensei, I would like to object-"

"Nope, you barely even voted like Amagasa there"

"Urk!"

Looks like we're both getting punished for what we've been doing this whole time...

...Meanwhile...

"Dude! We can't let Amagasa win!"

"I know! We're planning to have our goddess to be the president after all!"

Goddess...?

"If he and our goddess were to secure the two top spots, they might interact with each other again!"

"WE'RE ABSOLUTELY NOT GONNA LET THAT HAPPEN! ALL IN FOR MASATO!"

"ALL IN!!!"

...Looks like I know who's gonna be Vice President now...

We were then once again, asked to write our votes on a piece of paper and drop it in the box that our sensei was holding...

...and like I did before, I abstained from voting. Masa also did the same...

...

After counting all the votes, the result was I'm expecting before it even started...

It was a majority vote, with Masa on the lead...

...

...wait...

...someone voted for me...?

"Hoi hoi hoi, WHO VOTED FOR THAT SCUM?!"

"Does it even matter? Masato already won"

"He probably voted himself, hahaha!"

Are you guys blind?! I abstained from voting the whole time!

...by any chance...did she voted for me...?

...

"Huh?! You guys are doing this on purpose!"

"Don't mind, don't mind, Masato"

"Shut up browny!"

"Masato, since you're our new Vice President now, why don't you lead the election this time?"

"*Sigh*...not like I have a choice now, do I?"

...

And just like that, Masa gradually accepted the position, and lead the election for Class President...

...

"I nominate our goddess! Miu Hoshizawa san!"

"HELL YEAH!"

"SHUT UP AND TAKE MY VOTE!"

"PASS THE JUDGEMENT ALREADY!"

"SHUT UP YOU SIMPS!"

Or maybe not...Masa looks pissed up there...

"Um...Homuro sensei? I don't want to be Class President..."

"If that's the case, then Masato, remove Hoshizawa's name from the list"

"EHHHHHHH?!?!?!?!?!??!?!?!?!?!?!??!"

The devastation of the boys and some girls can be seen from here as they heard that Hoshizawa's name will be removed...

...So if its Hoshizawa san, she can object, but we can't?

...

Well to be fair...she did vote on all positions...

"I can't believe our own sensei betrayed us!"

"What are you even on about? Anyways, we need someone in the class to nominate for President now"

"What's the point of this if our goddess isn't the one on top..."

Wow, they're looking pretty gloomy over there, almost as if they're slowly decaying into nothing...

It was then, that someone finally decided to nominate

"Hai hai! I want to nominate myself!"

"It was Risa, who had volunteered herself for the position of Class President"

"Alright, write it down Masato. Are there other nominees besides Sakai?"

"..."

...

...

You guessed it, the class was silent for quite a while, almost as if our classmates don't want to even continue the election any further

...usually, Hoshizawa would feel bad about it, since they were hoping for her and all...

...but nowadays, Hoshizawa doesn't seem to care much...

"...Since that there's no one else who like to nominate someone or nominate themselves, I would consider Sakai as your new Class President-"

"Stop right there, Homuro sensei!"

"What now?"

"Shouldn't we be doing voting before electing me as president?"

"There's no point in voting if the only candidate is you Sakai"

"Still, I would like to proceed with the voting! Its to make sure there's no cheating involved!"

"What's with you young people these days? Alright, Masato, lead the voting session"

"This is exactly why I don't want to be a class representative!"

I can really feel the struggle that you're having right now Masa, trust me, I really do...

...

After a few minutes, the voting procedure ended...

...with only one vote, in favor of Risa...

"O...Only one?!"

I'm pretty sure I know who's that one person who still voted...

...and besides, our other classmates already had their souls left from their bodies the moment they knew that Hoshizawa won't be the Class President...

"You voted yourself Risa? Pathetic"

"Couldn't said any better Maki"

"Ahaha..."

"Facchin! Makicchi! Why didn't you vote me?! You too Miucchi!"

"At least its not zero votes, Sakai. Although you still win regardless"

"I have mixed feelings about winning right now!"

Well, if Hoshizawa didn't object, I'm pretty sure she would've won...

...and now, we're back at the present...

*****

...

After elections and introductions from our Class Representatives have ended, Homuro sensei instructed Masa and Risa to lead the class for those who want to join in for the upcoming event...

...and like Aikawa senpai said earlier, we were given forms, to which we can fill up, and drop it at the box near the Student Council's Office. They then were called by Homuro sensei to come with him at the teacher's lounge to discuss some things...

"So, you really aren't gonna join to any events huh?"

"I told you earlier Yuu, I already made up my mind about it"

"I'm surprised Ryuuto didn't persuade you at all"

"I'm more surprised of him also not joining because I'm not joining"

"I'm pretty sure he'll join regardless"

"Same thoughts here"

"Shunnichi! Don't you wanna show off to your girlfriend about you being the anchor?"

"Of course I do! Its just that I already made a promise to Aikawa senpai, I can't just break that"

...Besides...there's no point in showing off if I can't see her reaction...

...As of now, aside from classroom, Hoshizawa is pretty hard to spot for my eyes these days...

"But what will you do if one of our classmates decides to invite you?"

"I can just say no can't I?"

"Shunnichi's got a point there!"

"And besides, I doubt they will ask me of all people, since the rumors and all-"

"Amagasa kun!"

-Ah...

...I spoke too soon...

A girl from our class suddenly came up to us as I was about to prove my claim

"Yeah?"

"Can you join us for the upcoming relay race?"

"Um..."

" 'I can just say no can't I' Huh?"

"Urk!"

After a sudden whispering from Yuu, I firmly gave out my answer

"Sorry, but I don't plan on joining to any events for this Sports Day event"

"No way! But Ito kun said you never reject a request from your classmates when it comes to events!"

You really just can't shut your mouth huh Ryu?!

"I am, but I already made up my mind"

Suddenly, another girl came up to us, as if to check up on us on what's happening

"Did Amagasa kun said yes?"

"He said he won't be joining to any events"

"Eh? But aren't you always the anchor for relay race Amagasa kun?"

"I am..."

"Please, please, please Amagasa kun! Nobody in our class can run as fast as you do! Let alone having a good stamina!"

"If that's the case, then Ryu can help you"

"Ito kun said he can't, he plans to join in on Calvary Battle"

"Oh..."

"What are you gonna do now, Shun?"

"What are you gonna do now, Shunnichi?"

They said as they gave me a smug look on their face

...yet I didn't wield to any of them...

"...Sorry...I already said I can't..."

"Please Amagasa kun! Just this once! I'll make it up to you!"

The girl said, as she held both of my hands with hers

"H-Hey! I already said I can't!"

"Pleeeeease!"

She said as she leaned closer

"Hoho", Yuu and Take quietly said

"Can't you two help me out here?!"

It was then, that suddenly, she called her out

"Marika san"

The two girls looked over, only to find out that she was the one who was calling them

"E-Eh?! Hoshizawa san's calling me?!"

"Marika! We should go! Its probably something important!"

"I know! I'm still gonna make you convince Amagasa kun!"

...

And just like that, they left to came over to Hoshizawa, who was at the right time to call for them...

...

Wait...

...was it really a coincidence...?

...

"Glad you were able to escape from that huh Shun?"

"Thanks for not helping!"

"Don't blame me! Its not like I can get you out in that situation anyways!"

"Just the right time that Hoshizawacchi called them out huh?"

"Yeah...for now..."

The girl Marika did say she won't gonna stop anytime soon...*Sigh*...

...

Afterwards, Me, Yuu, Take, and Ryu, who apparently had recently gone back from who knows where, chatted more about the possibility of different mechanics in the upcoming events as well as the possibility of another event that might get added in the future...

*****

...

Few more hours had passed, and the bell rang for the last time, indicating that school was done for today. As usual, Hoshizawa and her friends had gone home already, Yuu and Take going to practice a little bit, and Masa watching them over...

...As for Ryu and I, we were also packing things up before we left the classroom...

...

"By the way, where will Aikawa senpai be this time?"

"The big tree. She said she wants something for us to try"

"Why do I feel like its gonna be chocolates?"

"Dude, since when did you not feel its chocolates?"

"Earlier"

"..."

...It was then, that I saw an envelope inside my locker...

Deja vu...

I opened the envelope and read the contents...

Amagasa kun, can we meet right now at the rooftop? There's something I would like to discuss with you...

I'll be waiting...

- Miu Hoshizawa

This time...she wrote her name on it...

I thought she already left from school...

...But more importantly...I wonder what's so important that she suddenly wants to talk to me about it...?

"Ryu, can you go ahead without me?"

"Eh? Why?"

"...Its something important"

"...?"

...

"Oh...I see, I'll go ahead then"

"..."

As if he immediately understood, he then go ahead towards the big tree, leaving me behind...

*****

...

As soon as I opened the rooftop door, there she was...standing in front of me with her back turned on me...

She then turned around due to the sound of the door closing right after I came in

"You're finally here..."

She said, with a smile on her face

"Yeah...so why did you-?!"

She then didn't waste any second, and hugged me in an instant

"H-Hoshizawa san-"

"Please...let me stay like this for a few minutes..."

"..."

I obliged, knowingly that I, myself, couldn't say no to her...

...

After a few minutes, she then let go of me and took a few steps back

"So...why did you suddenly wanted to meet?"

"...I just wanted to see you"

I couldn't help, but smile and awkwardly blush at the same time, she too was also blushing, but was more straightforward with her words

"Ahaha...but you always see me every day though..."

"I also wanted to get close to you...and hug you..."

"...But you can't because...?"

"...Yes...because I promised..."

"..."

...

"...?!"

She then suddenly kissed me like how she did last time...

...and yes, I was also unprepared like last time...

...but I really can't deny that I too, also wanted this to happen...

...

We then sat down, with her head resting in my shoulder as we held hands...

"You know, Amagasa kun..."

"...?"

"...Someone was talking to you earlier...a girl..."

"...Ah"

Did she perhaps...called me out here because of that...?

"I can explain Hoshizawa san-"

"No, I know that she's the first to hold your hand, its not your fault...but..."

Her grip on my hand tightened as she said her next words

"...I just can't help it...I just can't see another girl holding your hand..."

"Hoshizawa san..."

"Amagasa kun...is it bad of me to tell you that...I want to keep you all to myself...?"

"U...Um..."

...

How do I say this...but I rather felt...overflowing with emotions!

Of course I don't hate it! How could you hate someone who's so affectionate and loving?!

Seriously! Why's my girlfriend gotta be this so cute?!

"...Is it...?"

"N-No! Not at all! To be honest...I never saw you that way"

"Huh...?"

"Hoshizawa san, its not bad for you to have that kind of feeling...isn't that just how much you love someone?"

"?!"

"I don't know how people could see it as a bad thing, but its definitely not for me"

"Amagasa kun..."

She then hugged me tighter as I felt our hearts, throbbing louder and louder...

"This is why I don't want anyone else to have you Amagasa kun..."

"Haha...You always say that"

"I meant it...I want you all for myself...that's why I'm prepared to do anything for you..."

"I'm also prepared to do anything for you Hoshizawa san, if it makes you happy..."

"Yes...you've always been like that ever since we started dating..."

"..."

...

Is it just me...or is it too hot in here...?

...But then again, its probably because of this moment that we're having...

...

Hoshizawa and I stayed like that for a few more minutes before we separate ways. It was sad for us that it couldn't last for longer, but we were both happy that we had that kind of moment...even if its just for a little bit...

...I too was happy that Hoshizawa didn't changed even after we stopped communicating at school...

...Rather...she became more affectionate for me...

...

...

"By the way Amagasa kun..."

"...?"

"Why aren't you joining to this year's Sports Day event?"

"Oh...you heard from Ryu huh?"

"No...I just overheard him..."

"I see...well, let's just say that I don't feel joining this year"

I don't think its that important to tell her that some part of it was out of consideration for Aikawa senpai, so I chose not to...

"Is that so...? I would've love to see you join in relay race..."

"R-Really?"

"Yes..."

Agggh! Why did I made up my mind on the spot! *Sigh*...

"How about you Hoshizawa san?"

"Me? I also plan not to join..."

"Eh? Why?"

"...No reason...I'm just gonna root for my friends at the tug of war..."

"I see...well then, I think we should go now, Ryu and Aikawa senpai's probably waiting for me for quite a while now..."

"Yes...my friends are probably waiting for me as well..."

"So I guess...this is goodbye?"

"..."

She then leaned closer and looked at me, as she said something

"No cheating, okay?"

I chuckled at her statement

"Yeah, I promise"

"*Chuckles*"

...

Afterwards, Hoshizawa left, leaving me behind...

...Although it was a short while, I felt happy and energized that I think I could even do anything impossible at this point...

...I guess this is what it means to have butterflies on your stomach...?

"Seriously...I'm too lucky to have her..."

I said to myself, as I also left from the rooftop, to meet up with Ryu and Aikawa senpai at the big tree while repeatedly playing the scenario earlier in my head...

*****

End of Chapter 1

 

0