26 Worst case
83 0 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

In the central stadium.

At first, Freya and Mary struggled to keep the stadium secure. They reinforced entrance doors with tree roots which they controlled. Only allowing humans to get into the stadium.

Freya and Mary were both A rankers, yet seeing them struggle to keep everyone safe. Other superhumans soon joined them. Without caring about their rank, people fought together for the safety of everyone inside.

It was a beautiful sight until they turned on each other.

After leaving the kids here, Ethan with Edward and another S ranker left the place to clear the Black Sun members. Emily was looking after the kids while maintaining order.

But in the chaos, a group of people had different goals. They acted like they were helping while slowly gaining the trust of the people.

However, when a critical moment came, they backstabbed people who were actually battling mana beasts and demons.

With blood on their palms, they took the stadium holding more than a thousand people hostage.

Neither Freya nor Mary could have predicted the sudden turn of events. They stood rooted, stunned by what had happened. They were incapable of turning the situation around anymore. They realised it quickly.

'They might be members of the black sun that Ethan told them about.' Freya realised the seriousness of the matter.

Black Sun was a hidden organisation. They were common people once who were later radicalised to suit the machination of the organisation.

Due to them wearing masks and special clothing all the time while they were active. They were unable to distinguish their members from one another. Only their direct commander had the information of their identities.

So, even Freya and Mary failed to identify their hidden scheme. And it had caused serious casualties among the survivors.

Now, just a hundred or so Balck sun members in the clothing of civilians held the stadium and all the people inside hostage. They were ready to kill as many people as they could to make an example.

It was a clear message. 'Don't try anything or we will kill everyone.'

As soon as they gained total control. They began forcefully separating kids from their families. They still had a mission to complete.

—-------

Near the Dome.

"Ha Ha Ha. Now, do you dare to kill me?" The Black sun commander laughed menacingly at others. He was taunting them, realising their fear. He was pleased by his act of outsmarting everyone. He laughed aloud again, further adding oil to the fire.

Taking a small ring from his pocket, he wore it. It was a teleportation device. By injecting mana into it, he activated the device. Before anyone could move, he disappeared from their sight, reappearing near another person wearing the same ring.

"How is it? Is the formation ready?" The commander asked.

"Yes sir." The man who was second in command nodded his head.

Alex, who saw the man disappearing, flew towards the stadium. It was the only place he could have gone. He was sure.

Within just seconds, he reached the central stadium. It was brimming with people, thousand? Or two thousand? He couldn't confirm.

Yet, at the centre of the large field. He could see the black sun members and a bunch of kids. Freya and Mary had already surrendered fearing the safety of their family.

'Oh! This is bad. Really, really bad!' Thought Alex.

He could see Emily holding Theia while a black sun member tried to forcefully pull Theia away. Theia was bawling her eyes out while Leo followed the black sun member towards the centre willingly.

Aurora was also captured along with another kid her same age.

Emily might have tried hiding with Theia. That might be why she was captured last. Seeing the bawling kids, Alex felt his blood boiling. His cyan heart was pumping more blood than ever. He could feel the energy inside him ready to burst into action.

"It's time. Activate the teleportation array." Said the commander, holding a tablet-sized board. It was part of the teleportation array. But before he could rejoice, he saw a black flame from his right. The man holding Theia, the same man who was second in command was nowhere to be seen. Only a pile of ashes remained where he stood.

The man who should have replied was already dead and only silence permeated the surrounding area.

Everyone was stunned by what happened. From nowhere, a four-year-old kid materialised black flame killing a man.

Alex's eyes almost popped out seeing Theia eradicate an A ranker into plumes of smoke.

A small coat of black fire was burning around her while her eyes turned completely black. This was the worst-case scenario Alex was trying to prevent.

'Fucking! Black sun. You had to do it!' Thought Alex while scratching his head in frustration.

The black sun commander was also perplexed by the situation. Yet, he went towards Theia to suppress her. He conjured a shield of pure white light, trying to prevent her from touching him.

He didn't know what the black flame was, but he knew it was dangerous. But he was also unwilling to give her up. She was one of the assets he had to secure no matter the cost. The whole operation here was done to get these special kids. Other kids were just bonuses.

Theia, Leo, Aurora and another older kid. These four were deemed special and required by his organisation. They carefully planned this attack to capture these children who would be at the same place at the same time. While giving off a smoke screen of kidnapping en masse.

The ploy of the Black sun ran deeper than anyone could think.

But the moment he let the shield of light touch the black flame, like a parasite. It spread towards him. The shiny white shield turned into a torch made of black flame. And it fueled the black flame and increased its intensity. 

It was the moment, S ranked superhuman, Commander of the Black sun realised.

He fucked up!

Like a raging bull, the fire spread towards his hand. He could do nothing to prevent the fire from spreading. It was like a hungry wolf trying to consume the fattest beef near it. And Black sun commander with a high level of mana was a fat beef for the black flame.

The same man who once went toe to toe with multiple S-ranked superhumans a couple of minutes ago. The same man who outsmarted Alex who was a transmigrater was now running away from the black flames conjured by a four-year-old.

Yet, he couldn't escape. Like fate was playing a cruel joke on him. The black flame touched him, swallowing him whole in seconds. Only ashes remain where he stood.

A befitting end to a mass-murdering kidnapper.

Most people would consider this a good thing. The person who terrorized and murdered a vast number of people just died. It was a happy ending, right?

But no! Alex who saw everything that happened knew it was not the end. Theia was in an awakening phase. The phase where any superhuman uses their powers for the first time.

It was pretty normal to awaken. However, in the case of Theia, her awakening was unusually violent. In the novel, when Theia was kidnapped, she awakened her powers and caused massive destruction to one of Black Sun's hideouts. That was also one of the reasons for her eventual rescue.

The damage she had done to the hideout was visible from miles away. Black flames were said to have been soaring to the clouds when she awakened. Everything in a kilometre radius was destroyed as a result.

The black flames would expand even more, taking all the mana around her as fuel. And no one, even Theia will not be able to stop it. It will be very dangerous for all the people around. Alex knew what was about to come.

3