27 Deal
72 0 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

After consuming an S rank superhuman. The intensity of the black flames increased tremendously. The flames became more violent and volatile. It looked like fire from hell swallowing everything around it. People scrambled in fear away from the fire.

Alex who stood alone saw Ethan moving towards the awakening Theia. He was sure that Ethan knew the danger. Yet seeing his suicide mission, Alex couldn't stay still. So, he blocked Ethan.

"What are you doing?" Ethan asked aggressively holding Alex by the collar. He was having a hard time as it is. So, he didn't want to deal with Alex.

"You shouldn't do it. I know that you want to save Theia, but anything you do now would only be detrimental to her. The black flames are not something you can take on." Alex stated.

Alex had his own concerns. At first, he thought he might be able to prevent the flames from spreading by using the Dark matter of Leo. But dismissed the idea after thinking about it. Dark matter made by Leo is technically a highly dense form of mana. Using it might not be any different from fanning the flames.

Another option was waiting until Theia was fully awakened. But it meant sacrificing everyone in a one-kilometre radius. That was pure stupidity.

"What do you know?" Shaking off Alex, Ethan teleported near Theia. He couldn't feel his daughter at all. Only a black void remained in front of him. Fearful of her safety, Ethan tried teleporting Theia outside.

But nothing happened. The moment he tried to move mana around her, the black flame swallowed it and nullified his power. Now, it has even begun actively targeting Ethan.

In the meantime, Alex was having a different experience. After a long time, he was finally inside his soul realm again. And today, he was here to bargain. The cyan flame Sirius was his last chance in avoiding this catastrophe.

Like a fish in water, Alex swam towards the cyan ball.

"Hey Sirius, How are you?" Alex asked.

"Huh!" The cyan ball scoffed at Alex.

The cyan ball was not willing to cooperate with Alex. Sirius was acting coy at the worst possible time. Sirius already learned a lesson after getting cheated by Alex. He didn't want to suffer the same fate again.

"If you solve my problem this time. I will really help you. I promise." Said Alex after some thinking.

"Scoff" Yet Sirius did not welcome his sincerity.

"Today, I am here to make a deal. Let's put away our differences like civilised people and work for our benefits." Alex tried every method in his book. Even then, Sirius stayed mum. And this was rubbing on Alex in the wrong way. He felt slightly angry at the tenant living inside his soul rent-free.

'If making a deal was below you, then I will have to turn to my old ways.' Alex thought while grinding his teeth in soul form.

"Okay! Sirius, this puts me in a difficult spot. I will save Theia even if you cooperate or not. Before I go, let me tell you the method I am going to use. And it is simple, I am going to walk into the fire without any protection." Alex said calmly.

"I don't care if I die or not. But I really would like to know what will happen to you." Sirius panicked hearing Alex's words. And the blue flames covering him faltered.

"Yes, as you expect. We might die together or my soul would drain you dry preventing my death. Either way, I don't care about what is going to happen. Theia is only my immediate concern. Ha ha ha!" Alex gave a bone-chilling laugh at the end. He was showing his conviction to die if necessary.

Alex had already died once. And his fear of death has diminished to nil. So, Alex used this to coerce Sirius into doing his bidding.

"No… You wouldn't do that." Finally, the cyan ball opened his mouth.

Alex knew then that he had half succeeded in convincing Sirius.

However, without replying. Alex exited his soul realm. This broke the last straw.

Sirius moved in to stop the disappearing Alex.

"No, don't go away. Let's make a deal. I will help you." Sirius cried out.

'Mission complete. Carrot and stick always work.' Thought Alex.

—----------

While Sirius and Alex conversed, the black flame grew in intensity. Ethan, who was near it, teleported back to safety and held Frey. There was nothing they could do.

Anything that went near Theia was being consumed into oblivion. Only ashes and dust remained. The flame was thwarting all common sense.

It was at that time, that Alex came back after making a deal. Poor Sirius didn't know it had made a deal with the Devil and was happy to help Alex. What did he promise for the cyan ball to be this happy?

Alex walked towards Theia without minding the commotion caused by the escaping people. No one wanted to stay inside the stadium after the defeat of Black Sun.

After making the deal, Alex could mobilise the flame power of Sirius at will. It was more like a contract between two souls which helped him do this.

So, by covering his entire body in cyan flame. Alex walked towards Theia. He knew he had to stop her fast before the black flames enlarged anymore.

Emily was stunned seeing Alex conjuring flame from nothing. She didn't know Alex had flame manipulation ability. Likewise, the whole Vulcan family was shocked. They had tried everything to prevent the black flames from expanding and nothing worked. And seeing Alex covered in flames moving towards Theia. They too felt hopeful.

After that, Alex didn't delay anymore. According to Sirius, the black flame was known as chaos flame. It had the property of erasing information by making everything very volatile. In the case of matter, the black flame could randomise the molecular distribution. Completely eradicating the structural information of the object. And in the case of mana or other forms of energy, the black flames could consume or disperse it.

It was a powerful superhuman ability. And Theia, who trained to control it will become a very powerful superhuman.

However, by the words of Sirius. The fire expert living inside Alex's soul. The black flame has yet to reach its full potential. So, Sirius will be able to prevent chaos flame from damaging Alex.

Alex became more confident knowing that.

"You are ready. Wrap the flames all around you. I will decrease the temperature and create a protective covering around you. You don't have to fear the black flames anymore. I will make sure no harm is done to the little human." Sirius proclaimed.

"But remember, I will use your mana for this. And as you promised. You will give me more mana in the future to repair the damage that you have caused to my soul essence." Sirius also reminded Alex, fearing that he will go back on his word again.

"Yes. I will do as I promised." With that said. Alex walked into the black wall of fire. It had now spread more than five metres around Theia. Alex could vaguely see the silhouette of Theia inside the flame. She was sitting on the ground with her short hair fluttering in the air. Her sclera had turned completely black making the scene ghastly.

Wasting no time Alex walked up to her and carried her in his arms.

"Uncle will buy you ice cream later. But let's cool off a little." Saying that Alex leapt into the air. Due to the combined use of gravitational power and Cyan flame. He accelerated faster than normal.

Breaking away from the gravitational pull, he reached an altitude of two kilometres in a couple of seconds. He was faster than normal, almost like a rocket engine.

Below, on the ground, everyone stood still stunned.

Above, Alex carried Theia in his arm and floated.

The intensity of black flames decreased due to the low amount of mana in the upper atmosphere. But the black flame continued to increase all around him with no sign of stopping.

3