Chapter 6
89 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

I looked at Shoto stunned. "Why are you sorry? I'm the one who ran away and left you."

"Because I didn't look for you Tano. I didn't even notice you were gone until a week later." Shoto said as he looked at me. 

"It's okay Sho.." I say as I look up at him trying to sit up. I wince slightly as I move and close my eyes. 

"It is not okay. "

"Why are you both yelling?" The girl said as she looked over at the two of us. I couldn't remember her name and shook my head. 

"We aren't yelling. Just talking." Shoto said as he looked over at her.

"You're awake now Tano. You had us all worried when dad got the call that you were in the hospital." She said as she smiled slightly.

"You guys thought I was dead for years." I mumbled quietly as I looked away.

φφ

I was released from the hospital a few days later and was going home with the girl who I learned was Fuyumi. I didn't really seem fond of the idea of living with my family again after 8 years. I walked into the house with Fuyumi and she led me to a small room with a bed and a desk. "It's not much but it's all we could get you in such a short amount of time." She said with a smile. 

"It's okay." I say with a smile as I walk into the room. There was a small window in front of the desk and I sighed. "I'll just leave you be for now. Dinner will be done around six." She said before she left the room. I sat down on the bed and looked at the wall thinking. It was weird being here and not hearing the drama of Toga and Shigaraki. I closed my eyes thinking back to what it was like living with the League. 

There was a knock on my door and I looked over to see Endeavor standing there. My real dad. "Do you need something?" I politely ask not wanting to give off the wrong impression. 

"Me and Shoto are about to start our training and I figured you can come so we can see where you stand with your quirk." He said as he looked at me. I nod and get up. "I'll be out in a minute," I say as I go to look in the closet, surprised that the whole closet was stocked. "You have five minutes." He said before leaving the room. I pulled out a dark blue tank top and black shorts and changed quickly. I pulled my hair back into a ponytail and walked out of my room to see Shoto and Enji waiting for me. 

We all went outside to the backyard where there was a large area for us to use our quirks without destroying anything. "You two will fight each other to see what you have so far and I'll decide what I will need to do from there." He said as he looked at the two of us. We both moved to opposite sides of the area as Enji moved out of the way. 

I looked at Shoto and was forming a plan on how I would be able to take him down. Before I even knew what was happening ice was flying towards me and I jumped up out of the way moving to the side. I countered with my own attack of ice as I landed out of the path of Shotos ice. Shoto had dodged my ice and sent more ice towards me. I closed my eyes as I created snow to blur his vision before running behind him quickly attempting to freeze him.

He had sensed it coming of course and had got out of the way. He turned to where I had been moments before sending a large amount of ice towards it. The snow thickened in the air with a thin layer already on the ground. I looked at Shoto and jumped up sending an icy blast at him hitting his back. He whipped around trying to hit me with a large ice chunk that I slid down towards him nailing him in the side of the head with a kick. 

I jumped back as the snow stopped and the wind started to pick up swirling the snow more as I ran towards Shoto again getting hit this time in the chest with a full icy blast. I stumbled backwards and closed my eyes for a moment listening where Shoto was. Hearing him run behind me I swung around hitting him in the side with a roundhouse kick. He stumbled away and in that moment I pounced on him pinning him to the ground. We were both panting as I looked down at him. There was a small amount of blood on his head and I wiped it away before getting up and looking at Enji.

He was in pure shock it was obvious. He hadn't expected me to win I'm sure as he had been working with Shoto for years. He had apparently thought that I would have no training whatsoever. "What next?" Shoto asked as he looked at Enji.

"That's all we will be doing today." He said as he turned and walked away. I looked at Shoto and sighed as he looked at me. "Sorry." I say with a small shrug.

"It's alright. I just wasn't expecting you to be so good." He said as he looked at me. Neither of us were shivering whatsoever and I just shook my head as I looked at him. 

"I've had some training." I say as I look down at the ground.

"That much is obvious. You are even amazing at hand-to-hand combat which I honestly didn't expect." Shoto said as he looked at me. "Who taught you?" He asked.

"I was taught by the people who took me in.." I say as I look to the side not wanting to really expose the League. 

"Well they are pretty good teachers that is for sure." We both started to walk in to wash up for dinner. 

"Yeah..they are.." I say as I look down. Even though they weren't my family I missed them already. They had raised me into who I was and I sighed as I went in and changed into a nicer outfit. I went to the dining room where Enji, Fuyumi, and Natsuo already were. I knew Shoto would be back soon. "Where have you been for the past eight years?" Natsuo asked breaking the silence.

φφ

After we were done eating I went to my room and rummaged through my closet finding a black hoodie and leggings. I looked out the window and opened it silently slipping out. I was already halfway to my destination as I looked around carefully. I would barely be noticed as it was way past midnight. I already knew who I was going to see would be awake though. They always were. They always will be until I come home.

1