Chapter Two
1.3k 3 45
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.
CW: minor use of slurs, slight mention of bullying, brief harassment.

Chapter two

 

I woke up in Emma’s bed the next morning and relished in the warm sunlight streaming through her semi-closed blinds. I slowly opened my eyes and saw that Emma wasn’t here, on her nightstand was a little post it note she had left for me.

 

‘Gone to work, didn’t want to wake you. Be back at five, Feel free to make yourself at home

Love Emma’

 

“That was nice of her..” I whispered out loud as I gazed around the room. 

I laid in bed for another twenty minutes before I decided to get up, I left her room and made my way to the washroom where I took a quick shower.

 I used some of Emma’s vanilla scented body wash and lavender shampoo as I washed myself, then turned the hot water off and dried my body. 

Now that my hair was so long it was a nightmare to dry and style, after I had first changed I had to google how to properly dry it. 

I used the towel to gently pat dry my hair then waited till it was only slightly damp before using the hair dryer, after that I used a comb to get the tangles out and then a brush to style it and make things look nice. 

I’d thought about cutting it before but part of me liked having long hair and I knew if I cut it I’d have to wait a very long time for it to grow back since it wouldn’t magically grow again like before.

It took me several hours to finish my hair then another twenty minutes to get dressed, I found a pair of jeans in Emma’s closet that looked like they’d fit me, I figured she wouldn’t mind since they were obviously too small for her now.

I didn’t want to intrude too much so I opted not to go through her fridge for something healthy to eat, so I grabbed my bag and put my wallet, phone and a bottle of water inside then took the keys to my hatchback and drove to the closet cafe. 

I parked my car in the parking lot and made my way inside, I opted for a latte and a yogurt then gave the barista my name. 

I found a comfy little table by the window and sat waiting for my order.

Much to my dismay I noticed a tall man with wolf ears and a gray tail walking over to where I was sitting.

Without asking if it was okay he pulled a chair out from across from me and sat down with a toothy grin wide on his face.

“Hey sexy.” He said as he scanned my body with his hungry eyes.

I glared at him and as I got a closer look I realized it was Emma’s ex, Matt.

I’d only met Matt on a few occasions and it was never pleasant, he’d always had a problem with Emma remaining friends with me after she and I broke up and he’d made that very clear, harassing me at college parties, verbally bullying me when he saw me and giving Emma constant shit for not blocking me like he asked.

I scowled and nearly hissed at him.

“What the fuck do you want , Matt?“ I said with a particular venom in my voice.

He raised his eyebrows briefly then smiled.

“I’m sorry? Do we know each other from somewhere?” He asked as he continued to stare at my chest and curves outlined by the tight t-shirt I was wearing.

I glared at him more for a few moments refusing to answer, the barista called my name and I walked up to get my order.

As I sat back down Matt was staring at me with wide eyes before a huge shit eating grin plastered his face.

“Holy shit.. Blake Snow? Emma’s ex?” He said as he started laughing, noticing the look of panic on my face.

I scowled at him and was about to get up and leave but his comments struck a nerve and I decided to stay.

“I can’t believe you turned into one of those freaks! God I can’t imagine how awful that must be!” He said through heavy laughter, clutching his stomach as he doubled over.

“You always did act like a bitch, it seems this is fitting.” He continued.

I smiled coldly at him.

“At least I don’t look like a dumb dog.” I replied as I leaned over and yanked his floppy wolf ear causing him to let out a Yelp.

“And Emma seems to like how I look now, you were replaced pretty quickly.” I said with a smile as I grabbed my coffee and food and got up to leave.

Matt had stopped laughing at this point and stared at me with a scowl on his face.

“What so Emma’s a Dyke now? It’s not my fault I don’t like tall girls, you know she’s only interested in you because she wants to get back at me.” 

“I doubt it, and who she likes isn’t really any of your business.” I said as I shot him a glare.

“Anyways, I have more important things to do than argue with a dog-brained idiot.” I continued as I walked out the door to the cafe, much to my dismay Matt followed me.

I reached my car and quickly dug through my bag for the small knife I kept with me, expecting a fight any minute now.

“Wait, Blake!” Matt exclaimed as I was opening my car door, he pushed the door closed and held his arm there.

I stared at him, fear bubbling up inside me.

“Why don’t you let me take you out tonight and show you how it feels to get fucked by a man, there’s no sense in you being a dyke with how pretty you are now, my dick will change that real quick.” He said with

a huge grin.

“Why don’t you go fuck yourself?” I said with a scowl.

I pushed his arm off my car door and he reluctantly let me.

I opened the door and got in my car, slamming it as I started the engine.

“You’ll change your mind! They always do!” He yelled as I drove away.

When I got back to Emma’s apartment, I sat in my car for a few moments, I was stressed and too upset to eat or drink so I just sat there staring at my lap, I started to cry out of frustration, I had felt so helpless and Matt had said such awful things.

I went inside and made my way to Emma’s room where I collapsed face first on her bed. 

I curled up and cried for several more minutes as I pulled the covers over me and went to sleep.

~~~~~~~

I woke up to the sound of the door opening and quickly sat up, I didn’t want Emma to see me so upset. Unfortunately it was too late as she walked into her bedroom.

“Blake? What's wrong?” she asked as she noticed the look on my face and how puffy my red eyes were from crying.

“N..nothing, Emma.. I’m okay.” I said as I took a few deep breaths and got up.

“How was work?” I asked as I walked towards the door, hoping to change the subject.

She shook her head and put her arm out so I couldn’t walk past her.

“Tell me why you were crying.” she said.

I looked down at my feet and sighed, there was no getting past this, I already knew.

“I saw Matt at a cafe today.” I said as I started to tear up a bit, thinking of the confrontation I’d had with him.

Emma frowned and took my hand, leading me to the living room and sitting on the couch, she pulled me close to her and wrapped her arm around me in a protective and comforting manner.

“What happened?” she asked gently.

“He.. he said some really Awful things.. About both of us and tried to come onto me.” I replied in a small voice.

“Blake.. I’m so sorry..” Emma said gently as she rubbed my ear causing me to let out a content sigh at her relaxing touch.

“Don’t listen to anything that asshole has to say, you know he’s full of shit.” she continued.

I sighed and leaned in close to her, resting my head on her shoulder.

“He’s just.. Such a prick and I felt so helpless. I was so scared.” I replied.

“I know, it’s okay. You’re safe here.”

“Are you hungry?” Emma asked as she held me.

I nodded, admittedly I was pretty hungry, having skipped breakfast and lunch.

“You want to order in and watch a movie? Take your mind off things?” She asked.

“Sure..” I said with a slight smile as I looked up into her caring eyes.

Emma pulled out her phone and called a local pizza place, she ordered and then hung up. She let me pick out a movie, I chose a Horror sci-fi film that I knew we’d both enjoy and we relaxed on the couch together as we waited for our takeout to arrive.

When the food got here I had a few small slices of pizza before I was full and Emma had three, I was amused to see that she still folded her pizza in half like she’d always done when she and I were together.

After we ate I helped her wash the plates we had used then put up the leftovers for the next day, cold pizza was always a go to for students.

Emma offered me some whiskey,  I accepted and I was happy to say I rather enjoyed it as It was sweeter than most whiskey brands which I normally didn’t like.

Once we were pleasantly buzzed we unpaused the movie and settled back on the couch together. When the credits rolled Emma looked at me in a serious manner and turned off the TV.

“Blake.. I’d like to ask you something if that’s okay.. I’ve been thinking a lot today.” she paused as she looked at me.

I nodded urging her to continue.

“How would you feel about us trying things again? I.. I still like you, a lot and I’d like to try being together if you’ll have me.” she said nervously.

I thought about it for a few moments. I had to admit I still liked Emma as well, and we’d always gotten along wonderfully.

Emma had a look of worry on her face as I remained silent but that soon changed when I made up my mind and smiled at her.

“Yes.. I’d like that.” I replied with a grin.

She smiled and leaned down to kiss me, her lips were soft and plush and she tasted like cinnamon, I eagerly kissed her back and our tongues soon met, almost dancing together as we made out with each other. 

Emma pulled me onto her lap, facing her and continued to kiss me.

“You’re perfect.” She whispered as she broke the kiss, staring into my eyes.

“So are you.” I replied with a smile.

45