Chapter 1: Unique Start
8 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

[???, Year ???, ??? Calendar, Day 1]

Sorrel's consciousness slowly awakened, he looked around to see he was in an unknown area. It was a run-down house that looked to be in the slums of a village. He got up from the floor to see that he was shorter, he assumed himself to be around 5'5 he was around 6'3 before. He looked down to see that he was wearing rags, he then looked at his hands to see that he had tanned skin compared to the pale complexion of his previous life. He walked around the run-down house to see that he was the only person inside, surprised he cautiously went over to open the door.

'What, why is this happening right now!' Sorrel seethed inwardly

He saw the scene of villagers running scared, whilst there were bandits attacking. He didn't have any weapons on him and it wasn't worth his time to save people he didn't even know, without hesitation Sorrel would run into the crowd as he ruthlessly barged through without any consideration of the others. He then stopped when he reached a training grounds, he went over to it rather quickly. This younger body was quite athletic so it wasn't that hard to run over there. He looked around to see there was a training sword on the ground, he quickly grabbed it.

After grabbing the Sword, he was finally armed. He knew he could use his memories to imitate the sword style that he used in his previous life, it was the Wolf Knight School Techniques specifically. The Wolf Knight School was one of the many Knight Schools one could choose upon becoming a Knight, they specialised in replicating the speed of Wolves with their sword techniques. He quickly shaked his head and looked to see that Arson and looting was beginning to happen. 

'Shit am I too late, Fuck I need to run out quickly!' Sorrel sighed inwardly

He would begin running towards the direction of the gate, by now most of the villagers had either been killed or fled. He stood out like a sore thumb, despite that he continued to run without thinking of anything. Unusual to his usually cautious self, this happened to be a major mistake of his. He heard the sound of an arrow being shot, it was in his direction he naturally thought he could manoeuvre around it but his movements were clunky. Due to him being shorter and being more used to his taller body as he tried to lean out his body was much slower which also could be due to the fatigue of running around.

The arrow pierced his shoulder, he fell to the ground and as he attempted to crawl up he was shot again and again. He was wounded badly and had already thought it was over, suddenly he lost consciousness.

[???, Year ???, ??? Calendar, Day 2]

Sorrel suddenly awoke again, his shoulder was bandaged and he was in a run-down yurt, he seemed to be in the base of the Bandits. He wasn't surprised that he wasn't killed immedeatly, his new body a good build for an impoverished village-dweller. He looked to see there was a couple of bandits surrounding him.

"Hey Kid, Don'tcha worry we will keep ya safe." Said one of the bandits.

"See, We saw some potential in ya kid. Don'tcha feel lucky?" said another bandit.

Sorrel was happy, he somehow survived the village attack and now he had been accepted by bandits. Although in his previous life he'd never associate with them, this was a major opportunity. He could take advantage of his knowledge of the sword to replicate the 'talent' of a genius, which he didn't have. He still didn't know where he was, he looked through the window to see it was a desert area. It couldn't be in the Siegald Kingdom where he was previously which was cold, from what he knew there wasn't an area like this in Siegald or the continent he was in previously. He had to be on another continent or maybe even in another world. 

"What's ya name Kid." said the first bandit.

Sorrel stared at him before saying with a sincere face.

"Sorrel." He said bluntly, he then analysed the faces of the bandits.

They all had smirks and were obviously plotting something, he didn't care though joining the Bandits would give him a good foundation to start his new life. 

"Sorrel, come follow us kid. We will show ya to the boss." The bandits said with enthusiasm as they gestured for him to follow.

He naturally stood up and followed them, he stood out the run-down yurt to see there was a large assortment of run-down yurts in this desert. It looked to be a settlement created by the bandits, he saw a large yurt that didn't seem to be run-down and naturally knew it was. As he finally entered the large yurt he saw the other bandits bow and naturally did the same.

"WHAT DO YA BASTARDS WANT WIT ME!" The Bandit Leader shouted.

"Boss we found ya a new recruit from the village we raided." A Bandit said as he stood up.

The Bandit Leader stared directly at Sorrel, he gestured for him to stand up and Sorrel did so. He was quite scared that he might of messed up.

"Kid welcome aboard, just follow the others and ya will be fine." Said the Bandit Leader as he dismissed the Bandits and Sorrel.

Sorrel smirked inwardly, he was happy that the Bandit Leader accepted him and from how quickly he accepted he could tell that he was in need of new recruits. He was preparing to run away from the Bandits as soon as he reached a city and hence changing his identity. He followed the other bandits outside the large yurt.

 

1