Chapter 2: Joining The Bandits
7 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

[???, Year ???, ??? Calendar, Day 2]

As Sorrel and the others went outside, they felt the blistering heat from the sun gaze down on them. From what Sorrel could tell this area was quite far from the village he was originally in. The Village was in a plains biome, but now he was in a desert biome. The Bandits all stared at him.

"Let's introduce ourselves, I am Altan." Said the 1st Bandit.

The others introduced themselves as well, Sorrel finally knew their names. Altan, Arban, Batu and Batzorig, from the names he could tell that he wasn't anywhere close to Siegald. Now he kind of felt a bit stupid that he had kept the name Sorrel, it was out of place and would make him stick out like a sore thumb.

"Kid, the name Sorrel is gonna make ya stick out. How 'bout ya call yaself Baatar?" said Altan

The others nodded in agreement, he was actually quite happy that they were willing to help. He thought they would be less friendly but this actually helped him finalize his plan a lot. Soon after nodded and took the name Baatar for the moment, the others began walking to an armoury. They continued walking to the armoury in the blistering heat, once they arrived they showed Sorrel, now named Baatar, was actually happy. Since he was a Knight previously, he knew how to use a sword and he could use his Knight School's techniques to imitate the prowess of a Genius.

"Baatar, choose a weapon any you like." Said Altan

From what Sorrel could tell, Altan was sort of the vice-leader of this small band of bandits and was more active than the actual leader. Without hestiation Sorrel walked towards the weaponry and picked out a Sword, as he gripped on the handle he bit his lip. He finally could hold a decent sword, compared to the training sword he took when he was in that village. He knew his movements would be clunky with his shorter body, but he didn't really care. He walked back towards Altan and the others.

"Nice, Nice how about we do a little spar?" Said Altan smirking.

Sorrel nodded and got into his stance, left leg in front and right leg in back. He wielded the sword with his left hand on the top of the handle and his right on the bottom of the handle. As he waited for Altan to intiate he thought about trying to attempt to use his Knight School's Technique but he didn't know if this body could handle Aura. Aura was required to perform special techniques with the sword, it's similliar to how Magicians use Mana for their spells. Unlike Mana, Aura was obtainable by everyone but only Knights utilised it to its fullest. Aura was an energy one could cultivate by performing a Knight's blinking technique, for example the Wolf Knight School's technique was different to the Lion Knight's School Technique. He hadn't used it in this body yet and was preparing to use it after. Even if he tried cultivating the blinking technique right now it'd have limited effects but despite that he still did.

Altan quickly jumped towards Sorrel at a blistering speed, Sorrel attempted the Wolf School's blinking technique. Every blink he performed was one moment before he was going to be slashed, once he was done his sword released a faint energy. It was a dark cold blue, he attempted performing the basic technique Cub Vertical Slash. He moved his sword up before dashing towards Altan he then moved his sword vertically, the faint energy expanded around the sword before finally releasing as he performed a slashing action towards Altan. Altan parried Sorrel's sword and knocked it out of his hands. They both fell back to the ground, Altan looked at Sorrel strangely.

"What was that ting ya was doin' with ya sword Baatar?" Altan asked Sorrel with a confused face.

Sorrel had barely performed the Wolf School's blinking technique hence he was only able to form the faint energy, from Altan's confused expression. He knew he was definitely nowhere near Siegald , Siegald was situated in the Super-Continent of Zeta an expansive landmass which was one of many Super-Continents. He was definitely in a rural area, he had to get out but he knew he had to stay content at the moment.

"Nothing Altan." Sorrel said bluntly, inwardly sighing.

Altan shaked his head. "My bad, Baatar how 'bout we take ya on a raid!" Altan said whilst guiding Sorrel and the others.

 

1