The Stupid Self-Proclaimed Goddess and A Dragon
4.2k 17 104
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

(Here we go again. This is probably going to be really cringe.)

We see an average looking teenager exiting a store with a few bags in his hands. He has short black hair with green eyes. He's 5'11 and is 17 years old.

"See you tomorrow, Graymare." The shop keeper yells to the teen as he leaves.

"Bright and early." The teenager says as he waves goodbye.

The teen begins to walk down the street.

"I should probably introduce myself. I'm Asher Graymare. Not an exciting name I know."

Asher crosses the street and he waves to a few people that pass him.

"I live an average life with an average job. I'm currently living on my own as my parents are over seas for a business trip."

Asher walks up to a house and fishes some keys out of his pocket and unlocks the door and enters the house. He sets his bags down and takes off his shoes and sets them next to a school bag.

"I know all of this sounds boring, but at least I'm not like my friend Kazuma. He's a shut-in NEET."

Asher grabs his bags and goes over to the kitchen and starts to put stuff away.

"But I do have to say, I read a lot of Manga and watch a lot of anime in my free time. And I may or may not read a little bit of fanfiction. I'm currently reading a book called The Dragon Maid's Brother."

(Totally not self advertising, I have no Idea what you're talking about.)

"I'm on the last chapter and about to go to the second book. Man, Smaug is such an interesting character, I wonder what the author will do with him in the second book."

Asher finishes putting everything away and he goes over to the living room and turns on the TV and sighs.

"I wish life was a little more interesting." Asher says to himself.

Suddenly he hears a loud train horn outside and becomes confused.

"I don't live near any train tracks." 

Asher gets up and goes over to a nearby window and looks outside. He sees nothing till he looks up and sees a train falling from the sky.

"WHAT THE FU-"

Everything goes dark.

.

.

.

.

Asher blinks a few times and he finds himself in a dark void while sitting in a chair from across a woman with blue hair sitting in a throne.

Asher blinks a few times and he finds himself in a dark void while sitting in a chair from across a woman with blue hair sitting in a throne

"Hello, Asher. You have died." The blue haired woman says.

"Huh?" Asher says.

"You died in a very interesting way. Crushed by a falling train, never thought I'd see that."

"Wait? What's going on?"

"Well, you died and now are here."

Asher grows a confused face.

"Ok, so I'm dead then how did that train fall from the sky?"

The woman shrugs her shoulders.

"I don't know. It's not my job to know nor do I care to know."

'Wow, Okay then.'

The woman stands up and walks towards Asher.

"I'm the goddess Aqua." Aqua introduces herself. "When a young person dies in Japan, it's my job to guide them to the afterlife. Now that you are here you have a couple of options." She holds up one finger. "You can start from square one with a new life," She holds up a second finger.  "or you can go to Heaven and carry on like an old man. Honestly Heaven isn't as good as everyone thinks it is."

"Really?"

Aqua nods.

"There's no entertainment of any kind there and you don't even have a physical body either. So all you're doing is basking in the sun for all eternity. "

"That does sound boring."

"But there is another option if you don't want to go to Heaven! Nor if you don't want to start over.

"I'd rather not bask in the sun for all eternity or restart my life, so what's the third option?"

"I'm glad you asked this great goddess! You like fantasy right?"

Asher nods. "Of course, I mean who wouldn't."

Aqua then does a pose and music starts to play. Asher looks around for the source of the music.

"That world, which has long enjoyed peace, is being threatened by the Devil King's army! The livelihoods its citizens have worked for are being trampled by monsters. Everyone lives in fear of the Devil King's army's merciless pillage and slaughter!"

A light shines down on Aqua and Asher is confused at what's going on.

"...slaughter!"

The music stops and the light turns off.

Aqua looks back at Asher.

"Since that's the sort of world it is, everyone refuses to be reborn, so the population is declining."

"I think I understand..."

"So we decided, 'Why not send people who've died in other worlds there with their bodies and memories intact?"

"If I get sent there will there be anything to help me, so I'm not killed right off the bat?"

"Yup! You're being granted the right to bring any one thing of your choosing with you. It could be a powerful weapon, or a tremendous talent. Or become something or someone. You'll be able to redo your life with all of your original memories. To top it off, you can bring one thing of your choosing! And the people of the parallel world will earn someone battle-ready to help them. Not a bad deal, don't you think?"

Asher has stars in his eyes.

"That sounds awesome. But what about the other world's language? I mean I'm fluent in English and Japanese, but do they have those languages there?"

Aqua holds up a small book. "That won't be a problem. With the help of the support gods, we'll overload your brain so you'll be able to learn it instantly."

"Cool."

Aqua continues.

"As a side effect, you might just go 'poof' if you're unlucky, though."

"That's not cool."

"So all that leaves you to do is to choose a powerful ability, a piece of equipment or something of your choosing."

Asher sweats a little.

"I don't have to worry about that poofing thing, right?"

Aqua sparkles. 

"I never said anything like that."

"What do you mean?! You just did like thirty seconds ago!"

Aqua ignore him and she twirls around to the center of the area.

"Now, choose! I'll grant you one power that is second to none!"

A little later.

Asher is looking over some papers. Aqua is back on her throne with a bored look on her face.

"Can you hurry up, someone recently died in a really funny way and I want to make fun of them." She snickers. "He peed his pants on death." 

Asher sets down the papers.

"You said I can become someone, right?"

Aqua nods.

Asher smiles and jumps to his feet.

"Then I want to become Smaug, like the one from that fanfic I read."

Aqua nods.

"I only read the first book though so I have no idea what happens to him in the second book-"

Aqua drowns him out.

'Man, he sure does like talking.' Aqua thinks as she blows raspberries. 'I read that book too and it's not all that much. The second one was better though.'

Aqua comes back to reality.

"-so I hope that's too much to ask for?"

Aqua just nods and a magic circle appears under Asher.

"You'll become Smaug and that sort so have fun down there."

A blue beam covers Asher.

"So I'll have the knowledge of his abilities?"

Aqua just waves him off.

"Sure, sure. Have fun."

Asher disappears. 

"Wait, did I send him to Axel?" Aqua thinks for a few seconds then just shrugs her shoulders. "Meh, who cares. Now onto the kid who peed himself because of a tractor!"

.

.

.

.

.

Asher opens his eyes and sees a blue sky above him. He feels grass below him and the sounds of rushing water nearby. A few birds chip as they fly overhead.

He sits up and looks around. He's in a forest.

'A forest? Shouldn't I be near a town of some kind?' He keeps looking around. 'I mean that seems like something they would do to make sure that people on't die right away.'

Asher stands up and keeps looking around.

'But that doesn't matter, I'm in a fantasy world!'

Asher jumps in excitement.

Boing.

Asher's eyes widen and he blinks a few times.

"What-" A female voice comes from his mouth

Asher quickly covers his? mouth.

"What? This isn't my voice."

Asher looks down and he gains a massive blush as he starts down at his? massive breasts.

Asher takes a deep breath. "Don't panic. Don't panic." Asher goes silent for a few seconds. "OKAY, I'M Panicking!"

Asher runs over to where he hears the rushing water and he finds a creak and looks into the water. 

A smooth and feminine face with orange eyes stare back at him. Long red hair with orange tips flow down and four red spike-like horns, pointed behind her, rest on the side of her head. Two on each side.

Asher then sees something behind her and she looks to see a long three meter tail resting on the ground.

Asher looks back to the water and she keeps staring at herself.

"I'm hot as hell!"

Asher stands up and he does notice one more thing.

"WHY DO I SEEM SHORTER!"

Asher had indeed become shorter. She's now 5'2. 

"I DIDN'T ASK TO BECOME A FEMALE SMAUG, I WANTED SMAUG FROM THE BOOK!" Asher keeps yelling. And she grabs her massive breast and blushes. "AND I DON'T WANT THESE DOBONHONKEROS."

Asher falls to her knees and cries.

"That stupid blue haired goddess, Aqua."

Asher looks down to her shirt which isn't ripping because of the massive Badonkers. 

"At least she made my clothes fit. But-" Asher brings a hand down to her crotch and cries more. "Buddy is gone. I had so much planned!"

After a few minutes of crying Asher stands up and feels something in her pocket. She reaches in and pulls out a coin pouch and it's full; along with a letter.

Asher reads the letter.

Dear Asher,
Inside the pouch is 1,00 Eris. That should be enough to sign up with the Adventure's Guild.
The best Goddess Ever, Aqua.

Asher's eye twitches as she crumples up the paper and growls.

"More like the worst goddess. I want revenge for my buddy!" Asher huffs and puts her hands in the other pockets of her jeans.

"Nothing? She didn't give me a manual or the knowledge of how to use my powers!"

Asher yells and she runs up to a tree and punches it. The tree caves in and almost falls over. Asher blinks a few times and looks to her hand.

"HAHA! Awesome! At least I'm really strong!"

Asher punches the tree again and it creaks and groans and falls over and onto her.

"Ouch."

 

 

A couple days later

 

 

Asher is walking through the streets of Axel with a frown upon her face.

'Stupid Aqua, for making me reincarnated so far away from a city! And stupid Aqua for making me a female! I don't like some of the looks men are giving me!'

Asher ignores the stares of some men she walks by.

'If I ever see that stupid goddess again, I'll-'

Asher sees Aqua and Kazuma walking a little ways in front of her.

"AQUA!" Asher shouts in anger as he runs over to her.

Aqua and Kazuma turn around and see Asher.

"Asher?" Aqua tilts her head.

"Huh?" Kazuma is confused.

Asher runs towards Aqua with an angry look and Aqua freaks out.

"I hate you!" Asher reaches Aqua and grabs her shoulders and shakes her. "Look what you did to me!"

"But I gave you what you asked for."

"I didn't ask for this!"

Kazuma separated the two. "Can someone please explain what's going on?"

Aqua points to Asher. "This was someone I reincarnated right before you."

"Kazuma?" Asher tilts her head to the side and her tail mimics a question mark.

"Yes, I'm Kazuma?" Kazuma looks at Asher. "Wait a minute. Do I know you?"

Asher nods his head. "It's me, Asher!"

Kazuma eyes widen. 

"Asher?" Asher nods. "What happened to you?!"

Asher points to Aqua.

"She changed me into this!"

"I gave you what you asked for!" Aqua yells at him.

"No you didn't! I mean you kinda did, But not exactly! I hate being female. The looks men have been giving me since I've entered the town." Asher crosses her arms. "No one gives the Great Smaug those looks!"

"The great Smaug?" Aqua and Kazuma ask her.

"Well, Since I've been changed into a female without my consent, I've taken the liberty to change my name to Smaug." Smaug then whispers to himself. "It makes me feel slightly better."

Smaug then shakes her head and looks at the two.

"What are you two doing here?"

Aqua points to Kazuma.

"He dragged me here from my nice spot in the Heavens!'

Smaug gives Kazuma a smile and a thumbs up. Kazuma gives him a thumbs up back. 

"And this idiot goddess forgot to bring money so we had to go around town to beg for some."

Kazuma pulls out some Eris from his pocket.

"Well, let's go and sign up! I want to get some good sleep after two days of non-stop walking."

 The three go to the Adventurer's Guild and pay the registration fee.

Luna is holding three cards and she finishes setting up some kind of device.

Luna turns to the three. "Allow me to formally explain. Adventures each have their own occupations." She holds up the cards. "This is your registration card. It keeps track of how many monsters you've vanquished. As your level increases, you'll earn points that you can use to learn skills, so please work hard to raise your level."

Then Luna motions to the device.

"Now, the three of you, please hold your hands over this crystal."

Kazuma goes first and he sets his hand on the crystal. "Like this?"

The device lights up and the components move around and a blue light shoots down onto his card.

"With this, you will each learn your current status, so please choose your desired occupation based on your status." Luna explains. 

After a few seconds the light dies down and Luna grabs Kazuma's card.

"Yes, thank you very much." Luna reads the card. "Satou Kazuma, is it? let me see... Average across the board. With the exception of decently high intelligence... Oh? Your luck is extraordinarily high." Luna looks to Kazuma. "Of course, luck isn't a very essential stat for an adventurer.... With this much luck, I'd recommend becoming a merchant or something similar..."

Aqua chuckles.

"Hey, she's disapproving of my adventurer's lifestyle right off the bat." Kazuma says to Aqua. "What's going on?" He looks back to Luna. "U-Um, make my primary job 'Adventurer,' please."

"W-Well, you can always change jobs when you level up!" Luna explains. 

Luna holds out Kazuma's card and he grabs it.

"Y-You're right!"

Aqua walks up to the device.

'I kinda want some turkey.' Smaug thinks. 'Why do I want turkey?'

Aqua puts her hand on the device and and it begins to write out Aqua's stats.

Luna gasps. "Aside from your intelligence being below average, and your lick being the lowest possible level, all of your stats are drastically above average!"

'I find that very true. She is really dumb.' Smaug thinks.

"What? Does that mean I'm really amazing?" Aqua asks Luna.

Luna grabs Aqua's card. "A-Amazing is an understatement! The mage class, which requires intelligence, is out of the question, but other than that, you can be anything you want! A crusader, sword master, arch priest... Nearly any advanced class right from the start!"

"I see, it's a shame there's no 'goddess' occupation, but in my case, maybe I'll be an arch priest who heals her allies."

"An arch priest! An almighty class that commands all recovery and support magic, and that boasts enough strength to stand at the front line!"

People cheer and celebrate. 

Smaug rolls her eyes and walks up to the device and puts her hand on it.

Luna gasps loudly. "Wow! You have good stats. Except for intelligence and Luck, which are low, but your Magic and Strength stats are incredibly high. And all your others are slightly above average."

"That sounds good, right?" Smaug asks Luna.

Luna nods and she grabs Smaug's card.

"Yes, you have many jobs available to you, even the Dragon Slayer job. Which allows you to use dragon magic!"

Smaug looks to Aqua and smirks and she pouts.

"I guess I should I'll go with Dragon Slayer."

People cheers again.

'It's slightly ironic that a dragon has a dragon slayer job.'

The guilds staff come out and stand in front of Aqua and Smaug as other adventures gather around.

Luna stands at the front of the staff and looks at the two. "Without further ado, welcome to our adventure's guild, Aqua and Smaug. All of our staff will be looking forward to your future exploits."

People cheer again and give them comments of appraisal.

'Yes, yes, shower me with the attention I deserve.'

Smaug smiles as Aqua turns around and points to Kazuma.

"It's the adventurer's life for us starting today, Kazuma!"

"I thought you absolutely hated all this." Kazuma says to her.

"Did I?"

Smaug and Kazuma sigh.

The next few days the party was helping repair the outer walls of Axel. Kazuma has a hard time carrying a log while Smaug just walks past him carrying ten.

Then they spend their nights in the stables. Smaug wakes up one time with Aqua on top of her sleeping. She shouts and Aqua wakes up and also shouts.

Another time Smaug is washing herself with a massive blush on her face.

One night the group is eating and Smaug sets her plate down and it's stacked with food all the way to the ceiling. Both Kazuma and Aqua stare at her with great shock.

Another night at the guild Smaug is drunkenly dancing around the guild and Kazuma is laughing at her.

One day Smaug wakes up in a tree in the middle of a park. She looks around confused then she falls out of the tree and lands on the ground. She stands up and puts a hang against the tree and pukes on the ground.

Another time Smaug is scaling up the walls of Axel while carrying some supplies. 

One time at the adventures guild hall the group is drinking and Smaug is very drunk and she tries to drip off her shirt in anger. Many of the men and a few woman have nose bleeds as Aqua tries to stop her.

Then one night the tree lay back on their blanket in the stables and goes to sleep.

Kazuma then sits up and shouts. "Wait, this isn't right!"

Aqua opens her eyes. "What isn't?"

"No, wait a second!"

Aqua sits up. Smaug loudly snore.

"What's wrong? Did you forget to use the bathroom before bed? It's dark. Want me to wake up Smaug and have her go with you?"

"No need! It's not that!"

Smaug's tail then slaps the two. "I'm trying to sleep." She falls back asleep.

"Sorry." The two say.

The next day the three are laying down bricks.

Kazuma speaks up. "We didn't come here to be laborers."

"Oh, that's right!" Aqua says.

"But this does get us a bit of money." Smaug says as she lays down another brick.

"I need you both to defeat the Devil King, or I'll never be able to go home!" Aqua says to the two.

They just stare at her.

Later that night.

Smaug is in the hot spring and she has only her head above the water.

'We've been here for a couple weeks and I'm still not used to this body.' She looks down at her floating breasts. 'I've had a few friends with large breasts and they always complain about back pain, but I haven't had any. I bet it's thanks to me being a dragon.'

Smaug sighs and lowers herself more into the water.

'But I'm not gonna complain too much, I mean, who gets the chance to get reincarnated into a new world and become a dragon? But still, why did I have to become a female?'

Smaug gets out of the water and goes to her stuff and grabs a towel and dries herself.

'I just want to know when I can use my fire magic?'

Smaug puts her clothes on and exits the bathhouse and sees Aqua fall into a pond. Smaug laughs and Kazuma sweat drops.

"Shut it, Smaug!" Aqua yells at Smaug.

'I think I could get used to this kind of life.'

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

(Well I hoped you liked the first episode.)

06-16-2022

3274 words

 

104