An Invitation for the Greatest Dragon
541 1 17
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

(If you wanted to know what this Smaug kinda sounded like, here you go.

Or this.

 

If you any other ideas for a voice for this Smaug, I'll gladly hear it.

Also I'll leave this here.

Also I'll leave this here

Enjoy.)

 

 

Aqua puts a cup of tea on a table in front of Kazuma, who's wearing nothing but a robe. Megumin is watching with a horrified look.

"I've made some of the finest quality tea, Kazuma-san

"I've made some of the finest quality tea, Kazuma-san." Aqua informs.

"Quite." Kazuma grabs the tea cup and takes a sip. Then he smiles. "This is hot water."

"Oh, how careless of me." Aqua smiles as she holds up a hand.

"Could it perhaps be that you purified the tea?"

"I'm ever so sorry, Kazuma-san."

Sparkles shine around the two. Megumin is still watching in shock.

"We simply need to remake the tea." Kazuma says. "Thank you, Aqua. I'll finish this as it is." He takes another sip. "Yes, it's hot water!"

"You're freaking me out!" Megumin screams. She walks over to Kazuma and bows. "I'll apologize for what happened the other day! So please, turn back to normal, Kazuma!"

"The other day?" Kazuma questions. He thinks back a few days ago when he died and what Megumin wrote on his stomach. "Oh, that matter."

Kazuma gains a 'proper noble' look. "The wealthy don't have time for such quibbles. That aside, would you care to join us for tea, Megumin?" He winks. "We've happened upon some fine tea leaves."

Tears from in Megumin's eyes and she starts to bow repeatedly. "I'm so sorry! So please, turn back to normal! You're being really creepy right now!"

"I have no idea what you mean. I'm acting the same as I always do."

Aqua leans over the back of the sofa. "The finest quality tea is ready once again, Kazuma-san." She blows into Kazuma's ear and he lets out a little moan.

Aqua hands Kazuma the tea cup and he takes a sip. "This is also hot water." He informs and chuckles. "You must have purified it again."

"Ara ara. How careless of me!" Aqua knocks the side of her head softly, then she giggles.

Megumin is watching on with tears in the corner of her eyes.

"No matter." Kazuma says. "It simply needs to be remade again. Thank you, Aqua. I'll finish this as it is."

Megumin sees Darkness, who is waving her over, and Smaug, who has tears in the corner of her eyes. Smaug's tail is still only a couple feet long.

Darkness whispers into Megumin's ear. "What happened was..."

Flashback

"That little loli brat!" Kazuma screams. "When she gets back, I'll skin her alive! I swear! I swear I will!"

Aqua and Darkness are on the sofa as Smaug is kneeling on the ground with her head on Darkness' lap. Darkness is patting Smaug's head and her tail stump is shaking up and down.

"I'll put her through something that'll even make someone as tough as her squirm and cry for forgiveness!" Kazuma screams

"I'll put her through something that'll even make someone as tough as her squirm and cry for forgiveness!" Kazuma screams.

"R-Really?" Darkness blushes. "And what exactly is this thing that will make even Megumin cry for mercy?"

"Better what your tone Kazuma." Smaug calls out. "I've killed you once, I'll fucking do it again! Why are you even mad? It's kinda small so there's nothing to be mad about."

(How many times has Kazuma died? It's a lot. And Smaug hasn't even died once since She/He got to this world! Also I think this Smaug might be the Female Gigachad of my characters.)

"Would you pipe down?" Aqua asks. "It's too early. Why can't you all be as composed as I am? I haven't even moved from this spot since yesterday, apart from taking a bath."

Kazuma points to Aqua. "I don't wanna hear criticism from the failure who's vegging out all day long!" Then he points to Smaug. "And you be quiet! You don't even have one!"

"I can grow one!" Smaug yells. "And it's like three times the size of yours and it lets me live out my fantasies!" She looks to you. "Hey! Don't judge me! It's not like you don't have fantasies of becoming a girl and doing women. You're just jealous of me!"

"Who are you talking to?" Darkness asks.

"Don't worry about it!"

"Damn it!" Kazuma yells. "I'm gonna make her pay! I can already picture her sweet tears!"

"Could you explain exactly why she'll be crying, though?!" Darkness asks.

Kazuma grows a creepy look. There's a sudden knock on the door. "There she is!" He runs towards the door.

"Details--" Darkness calls out and Smaug climbs on Darkness' lap and faces Darkness as she looks towards the door.

"Megumin, you little---" Kazuma opens the door.

Vanir is on the other side of the door and he laughs. His body has cracks around it. "Did you think it was the crazy little Crimson Demon girl? How unfortunate! It is I!"

"Did you think it was the crazy little Crimson Demon girl? How unfortunate! It is I!"

Vanir puts a finger on Kazuma's nose. "With my shrewd eye for business, I've come to negotiate a deal in the place of my dimwitted shopkeep!" He lightly pushes Kazuma back. "Now, prostrate yourself with joy at my arrival, and show me that which you would have us sell in our establishment!"

Aqua stands up. "Hey, wait one second... How'd you get inside the mansion?"

"Oh, that puny thing?" Vanir asks and he walks towards Aqua

"Oh, that puny thing?" Vanir asks and he walks towards Aqua. "Was that supposed to be a barrier? It was incredibly weak. I thought it was a failed experiment by some fledgling priest!" He stops walking. "Oh, how rude of me! It seems that, with my immense strength," Aqua walks towards him. "-Simply passing through it was enough to make it collapse!"

Aqua stops in front of Vanir.

"Ara!" Aqua smiles innocently

"Ara!" Aqua smiles innocently. "Your body seems to be on the verge of collapse, Mr. Immensely Strong Demon! Whatever will we do? Aren't you supposed to be a duke of Hell?" She pokes Vanir and a piece of him crumbles. "And to think, that little barrier could put you in this state!"

Vanir laughs and a couple pieces fall of him. "This body is merely animated earth. There are countless replacements. I just found myself curious about that flimsy thing posted around the mansion."

Vanir continues

Vanir continues. "I suppose, for the botched work of a fledgling priest, it was quite impressive. For a barrier created by a human, beginner priest, that is!" He laughs.

Kazuma slides over and between the two. "Guys, why don't we clam down a little?"

Aqua huffs and crosses her arms. Then she turns away. "Hey, Kazuma."

"Yeah?"

"Were you building that kotatsu and whatever else to do business with this thing?"

"Yeah..."

Aqua looks back with a smug smile. "With a parasite who has to suck on negative human emotions to barely manage existing?"

"You look pretty sinister yourself right now."

"Oh, gosh! It's so funny, I forgot to laugh!" Aqua starts to laugh.

"But you are laughing."

"We demons are particular about contracts, so you can trust I'll fulfill things on my end." Vanir states. "I'm not like those who say, 'Believe in me and be saved,' and seek to prey on the pure of heart... Gathering believers with sweet, hollow promises, only to then collect a tithe as a means of robbing them of their money!" Aqua glares at him. "What was their catchphrase again? Oh, right... 'God is always watching over you,' I believe?"

'God is always watching over you,' I believe?"

Vanir continues. "Well, my goodness! It turns out... I may have borne witness to this god, based on that description! He was arrested for peeping! Perhaps this fellow who was watching over toilets and bath houses with a tepid gaze was actually a god?" He laughs.

"Sacred Exorcism!" Aqua casts.

The spell flies past Kazuma and he jumps back. "Watch it!" He yells.

The spell hits Vanir and a magic circle appears under him. "And a[shedding I go!" He throws his mask to the side and his body crumbles to the ground.

Vanir's mask lands on the ground and he starts to form a new body. But Aqua lunges forward and grabs the mask on the mound of dirt. Aqua pulls on the mask, so Vanir can't form his body. "This is it, right? This is your real body?! Now what're you going to do?! What can you do?!"

Vanir laughs. "Even if you destroy this mask-- See here, cut that out! Don't try to take it off while I'm talking!"

"Hey, easy there!" Kazuma calls out. "Would you two calm down?"

"Let me finish what I was saying first!"

---

"KONOSUBA!" Silver shouts.

-----

Vanir and Kazuma are sitting at the kotatsu, various items are on top of it. Aqua, Smaug and Darkness are sitting at the couch, watching the ordeal. 

Smaug is hugging Darkness and has her head on Darkness' chest, with Darkness stroking her hair.

Smaug is hugging Darkness and has her head on Darkness' chest, with Darkness stroking her hair

Vanir is studying a stapler. "Let's begin the meeting, then." He sets it down. "We'd previously agreed on splitting the profits, but..." He leans towards Kazuma. "How about it, boy? Would you care to sell the intellectual property rights to these designs instead? I'll buy them for three hundred million eris."

"Three hundred million?!" Everyone shouts, Smaug's tail stump begins to wag very fast.

'I could buy all the turkey in the world with that!' Smaug yells in thought. 'Then I could treat Darkness to a nice night on the town, then maybe buy some nice items for Wiz's shop. Then maybe give Megumin a spa day.' Smaug smiles to her self and nods. 'I'm such a great dragon!'

"If you'd prefer monthly profit sharing, I can offer you one million eris a month." Vanir says to Kazuma. 

Darkness, Aqua and Smaug zoom over to the Kotatsu and sit down at it, Smaug is on Darkness' lap. "A million a month?!" Everyone yells, with Smaug starting to drool a little.

'Money! MONEY!' Smaug laughs in her head. Aqua starts to talk to herself about alcohol. 

Vanir stands up. "Well, you can take your time considering it. I'm worried about things at the store, so I'll be taking my leave."

Aqua looks at Vanir with a smug look. "And I'm worried about your nasty stench stinking up my holy abode!" She throws her arms up. "Get out! Hurry up and get lost!"

Vanir grits his teeth and huffs. Then he walks away.

Present.

Kazuma is holding a cup, with Aqua sitting next to him. Megumin, Smaug and Darkness are standing behind them. 

"It's hot water again

"It's hot water again." Kazuma says.

"Ara, how silly of me!" Aqua gives a light laugh and Kazuma laughs.

"And they've been like that ever since." Darkness says to Megumin.

"And it's been boring." Smaug mutters.

"That explains the phony air of wealth." Megumin says, then she speaks to Kazuma. "Well, it's wonderful that we have more money now. Anyway, why don't we go take on a kill quest?"

"Huh?" Kazuma glances back with a smile. "Oh, please. What are you saying? Why should I bother working when I'm on the verge of making a fortune?"

Darkness walks away with Smaug, holding hands. Megumin if frozen with a smile.

Megumin if frozen with a smile

Kazuma continues. "I mean, I put together good gear, made a plan, and took on a quest, and I still ended up dying again!" He leans back on the sofa. "I've decided that I'll make my living doing business from now on. No more dangerous adventurer stuff! Time for a nice, room-temperature life!"

Aqua looks at Kazuma with a smile. "Say, Kazuma-san, that would actually be a bit of a problem. If you don't defeat the Devil King, it would actually be a real problem for me."

Kazuma stands up. "In that case, why don't we make a ton of money and hire some incredibly strong adventurers?! Then we'll have them help us defeat the Devil King! We conquer the Devil King's castle leading an army of adventurers!" He turns to Aqua. "How about it?! It actually sounds plausible for once, doesn't it?!"

"That's it!" Aqua agrees. "Nice one, Kazuma-san!" She then mimics slapping Kauzma and he goes along with it. "I can see you slapping adeventurers' faces with wads of cash as you order them around, and stealing the finishing blow after they've weakened the Devil King enough!"

"I can see you slapping adeventurers' faces with wads of cash as you order them around, and stealing the finishing blow after they've weakened the Devil King enough!"

"OOOHHH!" Kazuma points at Aqua with a smile. "That's exactly it!"

"That's exactly it!"

Kazuma continues. "I guess knowing me the longest means you know me the best!" He and Aqua start to laugh.

"I've known you the longest!" Smaug shouts from the side.

Megumin starts to shake. "Using the power of money to defeat the Devil King... I can't accept it! I refuse to! I can't accept it! I refuse to! What exactly do you think is?!" Aqua and Kazuma ignore her. "A force like the Devil King is meant to be fought by awakening to a hidden power, and then defeat him after an epic final battle! And what do I hear you talking about?! Just hiring strong adventurers to defeat him?! Come on, Darkness, Smaug, say something to-- Darkness?"

Darkness is sitting at the Kotatsu with a blush on her face. Smaug is laying under the Kotatsu with the stump of her poking out.

Darkness looks at Megumin. "Oh, it's just, seeing Kazuma gradually becoming more and more pathetic-" She blushes. "Got me wondering if Smaug will become like that soon..." She then yelps and blushes more.

"I will never become like Kazuma!" Smaug yells from under the Kotatsu. "Now come here!" Some unbuckling is heard from under the kotatsu. Darkness' face turns very red and she covers her mouth with her hands.

"Ugh!" Megumin yells. "What am I supposed to do?!"

Kazuma walks over and points at Darkness. "Don't group me with the pervert and idiot over there." Darkness moans. "Anyway, I died of a broken neck, remember? Just let me relax until I've healed fully."

Darkness moans and falls backwards.

Megumin gasps. "I understand. Why don't we see to healing your injury, then?

"Eh, it's fine. If I just slack off long enough, it'll heal."

"Let's go right away!" Megumin smile. "We'll head to the city of water and hot springs, Arcanretia!"

"Don't mind my injury--" Kazuma then gets serious. "Did you say hot springs?"

Smaug pops out from under the Kotatsu and she wipes her mouth. "I heard hot springs!" Darkness releases a satisfied sigh. 

"Did you just say Arcanretia?" Aqua quickly jumps off the couch. "Did you say we're going to Arcanretia, the city of water and hot springs?"

Kazuma puts a hand on the back of his head and speaks in a monotine voice. "H-Hot springs, eh? I guess we're all exhausted from fighting so many tough enemies, so it can't hurt to splurge a bit on a hot springs trip."

Aqua slides over with a smile. "Kazuma-san, why did you sound so monotone saying that?"

----

"KO! NO! SU! BA!" Silver, Papi, Alice and Alicorn say one at a time.

------

The next morning.

Kazuma and Aqua are outside the mansion with their stuff packed.

"Is everyone ready?" Aqua asks.

"You bet! I'm all set to go!" Kazuma says. The two sit down and wait for the others. "Man, how long do those three plan to sleep? And they call us losers!"

"I'm gonna go wake them up." Aqua stands up and heads inside. "Kazuma, head to where we're boarding the wagons and secure the best seats!" She turns around and gives him a thumbs up.

Kazuma gives Aqua a thumbs up. "Alright, got it!"

Aqua heads inside. "Hey, Guys!" She yells. "It's time to go!"

"Coming!" Megumin yells and she runs down stairs.

"Where's Smaug and Darkness?"

"Darkness is taking a quick bath and I think Mama Smaug is still sleeping." Megumin informs and she walks past Megumin.

Aqua groans in annoyance. "Stupid dragon always sleeping." She heads up stairs and goes to Smaug's room. "Smaug wake up!" She slams the door open, only to find Smaug's King size bed empty. "Huh? Where is sh-" She spots a large pile of Eris in the middle of the room.

Aqua walks over to the eris pile and looks around it. "When did this get here?" Then she spots Smaug's tail stump sticking out of the pile of coins. 

Aqua grabs the tail and starts pulling. "KYAAAAA!" Smaug yells as Aqua pulls. "Stop! STOP! Don't pull! I'm sensitive!" Aqua pulls Smaug out of the coin pile and she rubs her tail. "You jerk!" Tears form in her eyes.

"We have to go Smaug!" Aqua puts her hands on her hips.

Smaug dramatically falls back. "Leave me here, to wallow in the sorrows of my tail." She holds her tail stump up. "It's forever g-"

"Sacred Highness Heal!" Aqua casts and Smaug's tail grows back to it's long size.

"Huh?" Smaug grows confused.

"There, now lets go." Aqua starts to walk away.

"Wait, you could have done that the whole time?" Smaug asks.

Aqua stops and looks back to Smaug. "Yup."

Smaug's right eye twitches. "And why didn't you!"

"Well, I thought it could knock you down a peg or two." Aqua states. "Always thinking your better then this goddess in front of you."

Smaug grows angry. "So you mean to say, that I've been in pain and sorrow for the past few days. Just so you could knock me down a peg or two!"

Aqua nods. "Yup, now let's-- Smaug why is your fist covered in flames? Why are you walking towards me? Smaug? SMAUG?!" Aqua's screams echo throughout the mansion.

"The gods may forgive you!" Smaug yells. "BUT I WON'T!"

.

.

.

.

.

The party is in an area full of carriages.

"Hey!" Aqua yells at Kazuma. "I told you to go ahead and save us seats! Wait, what's that on your back?"

Kazuma is carrying Wiz, who is sleeping,  on his back.

-----

"Konosuba!" Bell whispers. "Sorry."

----

Smaug is sitting on the end of the bench with Darkness next to her

Smaug is sitting on the end of the bench with Darkness next to her.

"Babysitting, huh?" Aqua questions. "Well, that's fine." She points at Wiz. "But she's kind of fading away."

Kazuma looks back at Wiz and yells out. "Hey! Is she gonna be okay?!" He frantically looks around as Wiz slowly disappears. "Healing magic... wait, that'd have the opposite effect on the undead!"

Smaug is holding Darkness' hand. "A trip!" Smaug smiles. "I'm so excited! I haven't been to a hot springs in so l- AIIEEEEE!" Kazuma uses drain touch on Smaug's tail. "NOT THE TAIL!"

Kazuma transfers Smaug's magic over to Wiz and she returns back to normal.

Wiz opens her eyes. "Huh?" She looks to see Smaug's tail choking Kazuma. "Oh, it's Kazuma-san."

Smaug's tail shakes Kazuma back and fourth. Darkness has blush on her face. 

"It was an emergency!" Kazuma does his best to say. "You're the one with the most magic in this group! And second most vitality!"

"Hey, Kazuma!" Aqua calls out and Smaug stops choking him. "Let's take this wagon!" She motions to one next to her. "From the look of it, it's the most comfortable! By the way, I get a window seat. I reserve the seat with the best view of scenery!" She then waves Kazuma off. "Go on, Kazuma, buy our tickets! Make it quick so no one else can buy the seats on that wagon!"

A little later

Aqua's inside the wagon looking at a baby red dragon that's inside a cage.

Aqua's inside the wagon looking at a baby red dragon that's inside a cage

Aqua turns to the driver. "Hey, mister, why is one seat already filled? What is this?"

"That's a baby red dragon, miss." The driver informs her. "I was already paid for a single seat, so... It'll be uncomfortable, but two of you will have to bear with riding in the back."

Aqua goes back to the group and informs them of the situation.

"I'm sharing a seat with Wiz." Smaug states.

"That's not fair!" Aqua yells and Smaug just flips her the bird.

Kazuma puts a hand on his chin. "In that case..."

Aqua holds up a hand. "Rock-paper-scissors! I think rock-paper-scissors is the best way to handle such things!"

Wiz speaks up. "Um, if that's the case, I can just sit in the--" Smaug covers her mouth. Wiz gains a small blush.

"No, Wiz." Smaug says and she smirks. "Let's give everyone a chance."

"Sounds good, Aqua." Kazuma says with a smirk. "Rock-paper-scissors, huh?"

Aqua smiles. "Okay, here we go!"

"Rock-paper-scissors!" Everyone, but Smaug, say together. 

Everyone, but Smaug since she's not playing. throws paper. But Kazuma, he throws scissors.

Kazuma looks away and gives a peace sign. "Looks like I'm clear."

"Wait!" Aqua calls out and she crosses her arms. "No one said it was by elimination! The five of us play until a single loser is decided!"

"You wanna just play against me, then?" Kazuma asks. "We'll play three times, and if I lose even once, I'll sit in the back."

"You're serious?" Aqua asks.

"Yep."

Aqua gains a devious smile. "So, do you even know how probability works?"

"Yep."

"It's next to impossible for you to win three in a row!"

Kazuma brings his hands up.

"Well, I've never lost at rock-paper-scissors

"Well, I've never lost at rock-paper-scissors." Kazuma claims. 

Kazuma and Aqua do rock-paper-scissors and Aqua loses. Then she does a rematch and uses magic to increase her luck and she loses again. Then the two start to argue. 

An hour later.

"The caravan to Arcanretia is pulling out." Someone announces.

Everyone gets into the carriage. (I had so much trouble spelling carriage for no reason, and it got to the point where I had to look it up. I feel so embarrassed.)

"Smaug, wouldn't your tail get in the way?" Megumin asks.

"I have a plan." Smaug then disappears into a cloud of smoke and comes out in her cat-kin form. "I'm a cat, nya!"

Megumin sweatdrops. "I forgot about that."

Smaug sits on Wiz's lap and she turns around so the two are facing each other. Wiz gains a blush as Smaug starts to rub her face on Wiz's neck, as she purrs. Darkness gains a slightly jealous look.

The caravan moves out. Aqua is sitting at the back of the carriage with an unhappy look.

Aqua is sitting at the back of the carriage with an unhappy look

The carriage heads out of town and into the countryside. Through the mountains and past lakes.

Chomusuke pops out between Smaug's and Wiz's breasts and meows. Smaug's cat tail happily sways as she continues to rub Wiz with her face and purr.

Megumin has the baby dragon in her lap and she looks down at it. It gives a cute roar and she blushes. "Chomusuke is still cuter."

"Kazuma-san!" Aqua calls out from the back of the carriage. "My butt hurts like crazy!" She kicks her legs of the side. "Can someone switch with me now?"

Kazuma sighs. "We'll move to a different wagon when we get to a stop. Hang in there until then."

"Aww, man!"

Hours later.

The caravan is traveling through a desert area. 

Smaug is laying on Wiz's lap, sleeping. Wiz pets Smaug's cat ears with a blush, causing Smaug to purr in her sleep. Darkness is also asleep.

Kazuma looks out the window and thinks he sees something. "Foresight." Kazuma's vision enhances and he sees into the far distance. Something is kicking up a lot of dust as it travels, seemingly towards the caravan. 

"What is that?" Kazuma questions and he stands up and moves to the driver

"What is that?" Kazuma questions and he stands up and moves to the driver. "Excuse me."

"Yes?" The driver glances back.

Kazuma points to where he saw the dust cloud. "There's a dust cloud headed in this direction... Do you know what it might be?"

The driver looks to where Kazuma is pointing and he doesn't see anything. "Well, now... I can't see it, but around here, the only thing that'd kick up a cloud of dust would have to be a pack of Lizard Runners. But they say the Princess Runner was killed the other day, so it might just be a Sandwhale kicking up some sand. The only other thing is... maybe some Running Hawk Kites."

"Running Hawk Kites?" Kazuma questions.

"I'm not being confusing on purpose, sir. These are some dangerous monsters. When the mating season starts, to get the attention of females, the males compete in a mating ritual like a chicken race."

Chomusuke is standing on Smaug's back and he's bouncing Wiz's breasts.

68747470733a2f2f73332e616d617a6f6e6177732e636f6d2f776174747061642d6d656469612d736572766963652f53746f7279496d6167652f614e38743146696256674d3866413d3d2d313331373539393636302e313734613337313030313433306466663536373635353035353035372e676966

The driver continues. "They charge straight at the hardest thing they can find, and only turn away at the last second. Well, they'll probably just charge into some nearby rock. Nothing to worry about."

"That's a relief, then!" Kazuma sighs and he and the driver laugh. He goes back to his seat and sits down.

Kazuma looks back out the window again and he casts foresight. The cloud of dust is much closer. Kazuma goes back to the front.

68747470733a2f2f73332e616d617a6f6e6177732e636f6d2f776174747061642d6d656469612d736572766963652f53746f7279496d6167652f72795731575548465979526376413d3d2d313331373539393636302e3137346133373737663263636665663731343532333835303734302e706e67

"They do seem to be headed this way at quite a clip..." Kazuma says.

The driver looks at the approaching dust cloud. "Oh, those are definitely Running Hawk Kites. But it'd be strange for them to head towards us. Maybe, somewhere in the caravan, there's a load of some incredibly hard mineral, like adamantite!" He jokes and Kazuma starts to sweat. "Huh? they do seem to be headed this way... Toward this wagon, actually..."

"Hard as adamantite?" Kazuma questions and he turns back. "Hey, Darkn--"

Darkness runs to Kazuma. "Kazuma, Kazuma!" She points out the window. "A bunch of incredibly fast creatures are headed right this way!" She blushes. "And it feels like their gaze is fixed on me!"

Smaug suddenly sits up. "I feel a disturbance in the force, Nya." Her cat ears flicker as her cat pupils go slit.

Darkness goes to the window and looks at the Running Hawk Kites and blushes. "They look so intense!" She falls to the ground.

"Wafiu! Nya!" Smaug yells as she looks down at Darkness.

"It was you?!" Kazuma yells at Darkness.

"Sir, I need to stop the wagon!" The driver informs and the Caravan stops. "The adventurer guards will protect you and the wagon!"

'I'm sorry our crusader is so hard.' Kazuma apologies in thought and he grabs Darkness. "Hey, Darkness! Those monsters are after you! They charge at the hardest thing they can find! They're after your rock-hard muscles!"

Darkness becomes serious. "Now, Kazuma. In spite of it all, I'm still a woman. Don't call my muscles hard. I know what it is. My armor is partially composed of adamantite. I'm sure that's what's attracting them." Kazuma just stares down at her. "It's true! Don't give me that look! If anything!" She pulls up Smaug's shirt, showing off the dragons rock hard six-pack. "Smaug's muscles are harder and bigger than mine!"

Kazuma then drags Darkness out of the carriage. "Megumin, Aqua, we're up! Smaug stay and protect the carriage!" Megumin hops out of the carriage. "We don't really need to fight this time, but it's kind of our fault they're headed this way!" Aqua walks up next to him. "We need to clean up our own mess!"

Wiz stands up. "I'll help, too!" She starts to get out of the carriage.

Smaug grabs Wiz and pulls her back in and Smaug shits the door. "You're helping me protect the carriage, Nya."

Chu. Chu. Chu.

Kazuma, Megumin, Darkness and Aqua walk towards the dust cloud. 

"Sir!" The driver calls out. "Sir, you're paying for the trip! Wait somewhere safe!"

'I'm sorry.' Kazuma says in thought. 'One of our party caused this.'

Wiz moan is heard within the back of the carriage. "Mute Area! Nya!" Smaug is heard and a translucent bubble appears around the back of the carriage.

'Now is not the time for that, Smaug! I can see why Darkness now married you! You're a pervert like her!'

Adventurers start to get out of their carriages. "Adventurers, if you please!" Someone yells.

"Leave... this... to... us!" Four adventurers says.

A bunch of ostrich looking things run towards the caravan. Every adventurer starts to run towards the Running Hawk Kites.

"Megumin, get some explosion magic ready!" Kazuma orders.

Megumin does a pose. "Understood!"

Darkness starts to run past everyone with a blush and a smile on her face. "You, Crusader!" An adventurer calls out. "You're not one of the guards, so stay back!"

"Hey, it looks like the monsters are heading straight for that crusader!" Another adventurer points out.

Darkness stops running and stands up straight with a blushing smile and her sword held out.

"That's Decoy!" An adventurer says. "Crusaders have a skill called Decoy that lets them attract the attention of monsters! She's not one of the guards, but she's taking on all of the monsters!"

Kazuma runs towards Darkness. 'I'm sorry, She's not using that skill.'

"She's facing all those monsters without backing down at all!" Another adventurer says. "She's so brave!"

'I'm sorry. I don't think bravery has anything to do with it.'

"She's not even being paid!" Another adventurer says. "Adventurer or not, we can't expose one of the passengers to danger! I'll back her up! Bind!" He casts and a small black and purple portal opens up at the end of his hands and rope comes out of it. 

The ropes head towards the Running Hawk Kites and Darkness notices. She then proceeds to jumps in the way of the ropes and they bind her up. She's not trapped on the ground with the Running Hawk Kites coming towards her.

"No way... Did she block the Bind because she knew they'd turn on me if I had hit them?!"Darkness breathes heavily with a large blush on her face, as she watches the monsters coming toward her. "I'm sorry! I was trying to help, but I only got in the way!" The adventurer starts to cry. "Forgive me! Forgive me!"

 Kazuma stops and he looks back at everyone with tears in the corner of his eyes. 'I'm so sorry!' He then bows. "I am so, so sorry for the trouble our pervert caused!"

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

03-07-2023

17