004. 2 Years Later
26 0 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

2 years and 3 months later.

Year 573, the Eighth Month, Day 7.  

Starlight Estate.

Daybreak.

The rays of the sun gradually brighten, casting away the dark blue of the night sky. The stars slowly dissapear, being swept by waves of orange.

Inside a certain room in the Starlight Estate, the light coming through the window enveloped a small figure.

Since that day when he was brought out to activate his talent, 2 years had already passed. Rigel had now grown... Not really. He only got a little bit more taller, and he was still the small and adorable heir of the Polaria House that was adored by every servant working inside the Estate.

'I'm sure I'll grow more taller soon...' Rigel said, looking through a mirror.

A pair of black eyes, and black hair. The same like his previous world. The same could not be said for its quality and his appearance however. His face was many times more beautiful than his previous face. He had inherited both genes from his beautiful mother, and his handsome father. Right now however, he looked very adorable.

Looking through the mirror, seeing his figure, he would've gasped when he saw this appearance in his previous world. Right now though, it was him that was reborn as this child. Once again, he thought that he hit the jackpot. But just because of that, he couldn't get careless.
Rigel had knowledge of major events that would happen in the future. These events would cause chaos in the continent, some would bring in a death toll of hundreds of thousands. 

'Even though there are some divergences, the fact remains that I still have some knowledge of the future.'

For the past 2 years, Rigel had been learning more about language and magic. His mastery over the Lutherian language had matured, and he was learning more about Ancient Lethian and Spirit Language. He was still a beginner at Dwarvenspeak, as learning two complex languages at once was difficult. However, when he his knowledge over Ancient Lethian had Spirit Language had developed, he would be able to switch to learning Dwarvenspeak.

As a prodigy in magic, he had been learning magic at a rapid rate. He had already mastered the contents of the three books that his father gave him. He had just fully mastered Basic Magic Theory 3 months ago, and he now had knowledge that was equal to a Third Tier Beginner Magician. Speaking of which, he had just reached the Third Tierd around that time, and he was now studying and practicing more for his advancedment towards Fourth Tier Apprentice. 

His pace at learning magic would literally shock others if they heard it. A cute boy at the age of 6 was a Third Tier Beginner? His progress at learning magic had rivaled many famous Archwizards in the past. In the novel though, he knew inside the academy that there are geniuses even more talented than him. Although he had reached First Tier Beginner at the age of 4, these people were able to learn more faster than him. They were the absolute monsters, and these characters were either transported individuals or normal people, and they were spread all over the continent. Most of them that he knew would be inside the academy of course, as their monstrous talents and speed in learning magic would not go unnoticed.

'I already feel quite lucky that I have great talent in magic, was born with monstrous amounts of mana and a high purity.'

Only his speed in learning magic was slower than them, and he had already been focused on reading books for most of his time. Some people were just born different. He was born different. But they were born even more different.

'Inside the academy, during tests and exams, they would always ace almost every single question. They were called the Four Heavenly Kings... I still don't know why they were given that name.'

Right now, he felt blessed that he was given such prodigious talent in magic. It wouldn't do for him to be envious, especially when he already made astonishing achievements at the age of 6. Plus, the younger you became Tier One, the faster you would advance as long you put in effort. He was already a Tier 3 Beginner, while they were probably trying to advance to Tier One, or  just became Tier One. He had about 1-2 years of a headstart. As long he worked, studied, and practiced magic, he would be able to keep up with them. 

'Being able to keep up with those monsters would be able to make me have connections with them. I'll have to try my best to become the top
 5, so I can make friends with them.'

And also, he also wasn't as talented in Combat Arts like his magic. He did inherit some from his father, however, it wasn't to the degree of his prodigious talent in magic. He felt that he was only slightly talented in combat.

Right now, he had to prepare for lessons with his butler, Silva. Preparing a bit, he jumped off his chair, and proceeded to exit his personal room. His personal lessons with Silva had grown from studying language, to history, magic, economy, noble etiquette, combat practice, geography, etc. The studies started from morning and until slightly after noon. 

His magic studies had now included other elements other than the Basic Elements. One of them, Astral Magic, was the signature magic that the descendants of Polaria always used. It was always known that the House of Polaria had a major affinity with Astral Magic. It was mandatory for descendants to learn Astral Magic, as they were more talented in this field. Astral Magic was definitely one of the most complex fields of magic. It was considered as a Major Magic, as it branched into three, which was Nova, Starlight, and Void. Learning any single one of these could cost lifetimes for any normal mage. The House of Polaria however, always had their members fully mastering one, or even two branches. Although there were also others outside the family that had done this, nobody else outside The House of Polaria had fully mastered 3 of them. And even then, there were only a select few that were able to do it.

His mother looked like she had the talent to master 3 of them, but she still was trying to mastering the second branch, Starlight. She had already learned the Nova branch, and now she was trying to master Starlight. She was still in her 30's and that was impressive enough already. However, the more you learned, the harder Astral Magic would be. To be considered to have mastered a specific field of magic, you had to attain knowledge that was equivalent to Tier 10, Master Magician. There were higher levels than that, but that was the line. Trying to master the three branches were nigh impossible, even for descendants of Polaria.

As for Rigel, he was given a choice as to which branch he should learn first. He chose the Starlight branch first, as it was the most 'easiest' to learn, compared to the other branches. He couldn't even understand the books about Nova, you needed atleast knowledge of Advanced Magic, which was for the Journeyman Tier. Void was on a whole different level, it felt like a different language, and it gave him headaches trying to understand it. Atleast he could barely understand Starlight. He had learned some things about it, and he even knew how to cast a basic magic from it. 'Shine', which casted rays of starlight over an area, it was kind of useless, since it only worked at night. 'Illuminate', a Basic Magic of Light Magic, was more useful than it.  But 'Shine' was even harder to cast than 'Illuminate'.

'Why make such a useless spell so needlessly complex?' He didn't understand, but it was just basic magic, so it didnt matter that much.
The other basic spells that he was currently learning though, were definitely much useful. 'Star Arrow', 'Star Mark', and 'Starry Eyes'.
'Star Arrow' was basically just casting an arrow made out of starlight, sending it towards his target. 'Star Mark' marked a target with starlight, useful for tracking purposes. 'Starry Eyes' was a vision spell that allowed the user to see more mana and starlight. Although vision spells were available in most magics, they were still quite rare and most were only available at Journeyman Tier. There were some exceptions, the most notable being, 'Analyze', which analyzed an object or a person for any magic. 'Analyze' however was only available at Apprentice Tier. So he was suprised when he saw a vision magic as a 'basic spell'.

The spells he was learning were definitely more complex than basic spells. They were just categorized as basic spells in Starlight Magic. However, they were also quite powerful. 'Star Arrow', although it didn't affect a large area, had more force and pierce than the Fire Magic Beginner Spell, 'Fireball'. And not only that, when you had enough knowledge of the magic circle that you casted it with, you could modify the magic spell itself to suit make it more stronger or make it suit more purposes. Sadly, Rigel wasn't at that level yet, so he still had much to learn.

'Its just that the downside of them being more effective than some Beginner spells, is that they become more weaker when its not   nighttime... The overall effectiveness of 'Star Arrow' is weakened, and it becomes nothing more than a regular arrow. 'Star Mark' gets so   weakened that you cant feel the mark unless its just 5 meters away... And you cant even use 'Starry Eyes' in daytime. What is this bullshit?
 The sun itself is a star, so why the hell are these spells weakened at day?' Rigel complained inside his mind. 

This was the most critical weakness of Starlight Magic. Most spells it had, until you reached a certain level, was weakened with the absence of stars. Rigel thought it didn't make sense. Clearly the sun is a star, so why were they weakened at day? Perhaps there was an answer for this, but he would have to attain more knowledge.

"Good morning, young master." He passed many servants on the way, and all of them greeted him with a smile. He responded with a simple smile, and then passed by.

"Kyaaa! Young master Rigel is so adorable!" He could hear the servants chatting in the back. 

'I can hear you, you know?' Rigel ignored them all,  he had gotten used to this for the past few years, and he just didn't really care anymore.

After a while, he arrived at a door. Opening it, he entered inside, and already saw Silva with his teaching materials. This room was temporarily being used as his personal classroom. It looked like a place where a noble would learn how to dance. Inside however, there were only 2 pairs of chairs and tables facing each other. This was how Rigel studied with Silva, he was always lectured by him face to face. 

"Young master, good morning." Silva's wrinkled face beamed up. 

"Good morning, Silva." Rigel took his seat.

After preparing a bit, Silva began his lecture. For the first 2 hours, he began with Ancient Lethian and Spirit Language. Rigel had already reached a level in both languages where he could converse with another smoothly as long as whatever they were talking about wasn't too complicated. Ancient Lethian was the ancestor to the standard Lethian Language that was commonly used in the continent. It was similar to Lethian, but the way it was spoken and its arrangement of words were too different from the modern Lethian, so it was still quite difficult to learn, even while knowing Lethian.

Spirit Language was originally a language created by the elves for them to converse with the Spirits. Starting from somewhere in the middle of the Third Era however, which was around 4000 years ago, a change happened that caused the Elves to use this language universally as their primary language. Before that, each major Elf tribe had different variations of their previous language, the name which was now lost to time. Currently, Spirit Language was now universally spoken in every Elf tribe. Specific arrangements of the words and their intonations, as well as combining your own mana with your own voice, a person could try to summon a Spirit. 

Silva teaching made it seem like he was the perfect teacher. He felt that learning from Silva always had been nice, as his teaching was perfectly suited for him. Silva felt like the perfect role model. He was a perfect teacher, a perfect servant, a perfect friend, a perfect caretaker... Rigel also knew that Silva was powerful. Why would such a person work as the Head Butler of Starlight Estate, where he is only limited to managerial tasks, cleaning, and training the other servants? He always wondered why, but he felt grateful that Silva had always took the time to teach him.

Doing basic conversations with each other with the two languages, highlighting his mistakes, and how he can do better, he always had been a kind teacher.

For the next 2 hours, he learned more things like, History, Economics, Geography, Etiquette, and so on, but they were rotated each day, as they weren't the focus of his lessons. Today, he was learning Etiquette, which he felt was boring. However, even though Rigel felt that, he was paying close attention. Not paying attention to his lessons when Silva had prepared so much for him made him felt guilty. And so, even though he didn't like learning noble behaviour, he still payed close attention.

For the last 2 hours, Rigel would be learning about magic. These 2 hours is when his focus apexed, as he was always more than interested to learn magic. Since he already had the basics learned, magic studies would focus on Astral Magic. Since he chose Starlight Magic as his first branch magic, Silva focused him on teaching Starlight Magic. Right now, Rigel was still studying the very basics. Starlight Magic was complex and its contents were enormous for a branch magic. Learning about the spells and casting of basic spells, including ones he learned already, the effectiveness and moments on when to use them, and then their weaknesses. The weakness of Starlight Magic felt way too much, not being able to use spells for half the entire day was too severe of a weakness. And when they were talking about it, it was when Silva cut in-

"And that's why, young master, due to this critical weakness of Starlight, many Starlight magicians have chosen or have already learned   spells from other ways of magic. For example, your mother, Risa, the Head of the Family, chose to learn Fire Magic as well when she began
 learning Starlight Magic. Although she was already an Expert in Nova at the time, she chose to learn Fire Magic at the time because 
 learning another magic to pair with Starlight was important. Fire Magic was simple and powerful, and at her level at the time, it was quick   to cast, and it always packed force, so she went with it. Do you know why she did that, when she already had Nova Magic at her disposal?"

"Yes. Nova Magic is way too powerful, and using it to cover the shortcomings of Starlight Magic was way too excessive. Nova Magic usually
 had spells that affected a very large area, and had extreme range. It wouldn't have been effective to use it as a pair with Starlight Magic. "

"A very good answer, young master. Even with modifcations to the structure of their magic circles, Nova Magic still proved as an ineffective
 magic to cover Starlight. Fire Magic on the other hand, is simple. As one of the Four Basic Elementals, Fire Magic could be easily learned,
 and at her level in the past, your mother rapidly learned Fire Magic. Most of its spells can easily be altered as well, turning Fire Magic into 
 a perfect backup to cover the weaknesses of Starlight. Young master, since you chose to learn Starlight magic first, you should also learn
 another magic to cover its weaknesses."

"I've been thinking about that, Silva. Starlight Magic has too much of a weakness at daytime, so I already thought of learning Wind Magic   with my spare time. I would also like to summon a Wind Spirit in the future, when I learn more about Spirit Language." Truth be told, Rigel was already learning Wind Magic with his spare time, which started 2 months ago. He was still at a Beginner level, but he already know some spells. 'Gust', which was a basic spell, 'Fairy Gust', which was a modification to 'Gust' that he made, increasing its power and length.
It was his first altered spell, and he was quite happy with it. Now on hot days, he could cool himself with this magic. 'Wind Blade', a simple Beginner level magic that casted compressed wind towards a direction. 'Spring', which was another Beginner magic, was a simple magic that allowed someone to hover for a short amount of time. 'Wind Shots', a simple Beginner offensive spell, made a couple of compressed points of wind that were able to be controlled for a short amount of time. 

Turning the palm of his hands, he casted the simple Basic level Wind spell 'Gust'.

"Gust." A tiny green magic circle appeared, and then instantly dissapeared. As soon as it did, a gust of wind swept around the room. It felt
refreshing, and cooling. He didn't cast 'Fairy Gust' as it would probably knock everything down.

"As expected of the young master! You've already thought to learn Wind Magic to cover the weaknessses of Starlight Magic!" Silva said with
a jubilant expression. He was felt quite proud of his young master, as he was already learning from two magics at such a young age.

"Young master, your thoughts of learning Wind Magic is perfect. As it is also a Basic Elemental Magic, Wind Magic is easy to learn. Most of   its spells are quite easy to learn, and their casting speeds are fast as well. Although Wind Magic is considered as the most hardest Basic
 Elemental to master, im sure with your talent in magic, you will learn it faster than any other people."

'Sorry Silva, there are other people that learn faster than me in this world.' 

"Summoning and contracting with a Wind Spirit is also great, as it will increase the power and potency of your Wind Magic. Young master,
 when you are good enough at Spirit Language, this humble servant, will immediately take you to summon your first Spirit."

Praises upon praises upon praises rained down from Silva. Rigel felt grateful, but he thought he didn't really have to praise him this much.
After spending about 3 minutes praising his young master, Silva finally continued with the lesson. After about an hour, Silva looked at the clock on the wall... It was currently 1:00 PM. Silva gazed outside the window. In the surrounding forest, he could see the trees being enveloped by the rays of light. 

"Young master, we will end our lesson here for today". Silva concluded.

"Thank you, Silva."

"Young master, it is my pleasure. However, young master, could you wait please wait a moment? Your mother and father wanted me to tell
 you something, and I also have my own news to tell you."

"Hmm? What is it then, Silva?" Rigel was curious.

"3 months from now, at the Eleventh Month, on the 12th day, on your 7th birthday, your parents have invited other nobles to attend your 
 birthday party"

'Huh? Why would they do that? Also, socializing with nobles, especially the Empire's, sounds exhausting.'

"Why would my parents do that, Silva?" Tilting his head in confusion, Rigel asked.

"In the Empire, it is a custom to invite other nobility towards your children's 7th birthday. This event is called the 'Introduction', as it is an 
 introduction towards the social world of the nobility."

'Holy shit? What? That sounds troublesome. A child at the age of seven being introduced towards adults like that? Just imagine the pressure
 they would feel... Would they have to socialize with other adults at the age of seven???'

No wonder most of the empire's nobility was stuck up in their own noses. They were sending children to have parties with adults. Most children at the age of 7 were gullible, and easily influenced. Imagine if there were any bad influences... He imagined you had to be either maturely developed inside or be extremely arrogant to handle the pressure that you would feel.

"Silva... This 'Introduction', it just sounds troublesome to me... Why would the Empire have such a culture?"

Hearing this, the ever-faithful butler, kneeled down and made level eye contact with Rigel. Putting both of his wrinkled hands on the young boy's shoulder, he smiled faintly, and said-

"Young master, this 'culture' of the empire has stayed for a thousand years, since the founding of the Gratz Empire. This event is mandatory
 for every single noble family. Not even the Imperial Family itself is exempt from it."

Rigel nodded.

"Young master, your parents and this humble servant already know you are very mature for your age. We have already seen how you act
 more maturely than others. Your parents are very proud of you, and as for this humble servant, he is ecstatic that the young man he is   teaching is already more mature than others of his age. Young master, your parents, the Head and the Lord of the Family, knows this. They
 trust you can see and judge the adults and children inside the party. They trust in you, because they feel  you won't despair and be   pressured over the corruption of noble society in the Empire, but overcome it. Young master, your parents trust in you." Silva resembled a kind and wise grandfather giving advice. 

"This humble servant is of the opinion that noble society inside the Empire has gone corrupt." Silva shaked his head. "Your parents think 
 think the same. Due to this reason, the Starlight Family has strayed away as much as it can from socializing with the other nobles in the
 Empire. Not all of the nobles are bad, but those who already have been corrupted are too many, and so, these few noble families go along
 with this degraded mindset that most nobles have." 

His figure and way of talking had already reminded him of Rigel's own grandfather, in his previous world. His grandfather was one of the only persons in the world that was kind to him. He would always talk to him, talking about his life stories when he was young, and giving him advice while smiling faintly. When his grandfather died, and he moved out of town to a bigger city with his cold and uncaring family, 
he was always left with a hollowed hole inside his heart. His grandfather was always kind to him, no matter what he did. He considered himself a brat back then, and he felt that his grandfather was the Buddha himself for playing along with his pranks. 

Visions of the past flashed through his mind. He saw himself playing around his grandfather, while he was telling him stories, sitting in a rocking wooden chair. When he recalled these memories when he was bigger, especially when he was a teenager being left out by his parents, it always made him feel more hollow inside, making him cry.

Accidentally shedding a tear, he immediately snapped back from his recollection of past memories, and wiped the tears.

"Young master? What's the matter, are you hurt somewhere? Did I apply too much pressure on your shoulders?" Silva began to panic, seeing his teary eyes.

"Silva- Im fine. It's just- Seeing how my parents believe in me that much, seeing how you trust in me that much, its making me tear up a 
 little..." Rigel lied. 

"Aaah... Young master... I see." Silva's smile became a bit more brighter.

"Young master, in the future, this humble servant is sure that you will become an outstanding Head. As one of the future leaders of the   empire, the next bearer of the title of 'Prophet', I am sure you will be able to cleanse the corruption that is festering inside the Empire."

His wrinkled hands wiped the tears off his young master's face. 

'Im sorry Silva, I can't. The Empire is destined to lose in a major battle in the future. Im not a superhuman, im only just a prodigy in magic.
 I can't cleanse the corruption of the Empire, and save it, all by myself.' He held his tears back even further.

Although the existence of the Polaria Family itself was an enigma, he was sure it still couldn't save the Empire. The Gratz Empire would be put against the full brunt of the forces of the Borea Magic Kingdom and the Union Alliance. The Imperial Swordmasters would fight against the Union Alliance's and Tower of Magic's most strongest forces, the Golden Sword and the Tower Council. Even with the existence of his father and his mother, even the Polaria Family's talent, 'Eyes of Future Sight', this fight would still be unwinnable for the Empire.

In his previous life, nothing was expected of him, no matter how hard he tried. But now, in this life, large expectations were suddenly put against him. He felt confused, nervous, and shame. He couldn't wipe the corruption off the Empire. How would he even do it? His talent was mostly going to be useless, and he still hasn't even made any connections. Save the Empire from losing the battle against the Union Alliance? This was impossible, in the future, he was going to enroll inside the Norathian Academy. This already meant that he had chosen the side of the invaders. And even if he did not, it would all be useless, as the coming major events would shatter the entire continent. The Cataclysm, a major event that would cause catastrophe all throughout the continent. All uncontracted spirits would rage, attacking everything on sight. Volcanoes would erupt, large tsunamis would strike coastal cities, tornadoes would form and wipe out cities, and the forets itself would grow exponentially, eating entire towns and villages. 

And not only that, the Demon Invasion would immediately occur after the Cataclysm. The demons, having prepared the Cataclysm ever since their defeat against the legendary Hero from the Third Era, had invaded the continent soon after they initiated it. Sweeping the continent, they destroyed everything in their wake, from villages to towns, towns to cities, and cities to nations, they took advantage of the
destruction and chaos the Cataclysm caused. Although in the middle, they would somehow be able to be held back by the novel's MC and his harem... This was the point where he dropped the novel, as it was so mind bogglingy stupid, how a few people could hold back the tide of millions.

Even if he did clean the corruption off the Empire, and saved it from the Union Alliance, the Empire would be devastated by the Cataclysm. And not only that, seeing how the Empire is a major power, perhaps the strongest at this point, the demons would immediately focus on bringing it down in the chaos, preventing it from recovering. So what's the point? He was only a single person, and he wasn't like those MC's in kingdom building novels were they were inhuman geniuses. Although he was a prodigy in magic, that still wasn't enough. For the first time after being reincarnated, he felt so useless. A hollow feeling that had existed inside not only his heart, but inside his soul, grew. 

Trying better in his previous life was all useless, all of his efforts were ignored and all the praises of his parents and other people went to his immensely beautiful, multi-talented younger sister. But why is it that, if he tried harder to save the Empire from destruction, all of it would be useless as well? Why is it that, if he wanted to meet others expectations in this life, all of them would be useless?

'It's all so unfair...' He almost grit his teeth, but he stopped himself from doing it. His hands however, closed into fists. Silva didn't see this, as his focus was completely on his young master's face, which was still holding back his tears.

Silva stayed silent for three minutes. The entire room was silent for this period of time, and Rigel was contemplating inside his head. He respected his parents in this life, and Silva as well. Although he drew a line, he always respected them, and looked even looked up to them to a certain extent. For his 6 years of life in this body, aside from his talent in magic and the fact that he was born inside a Ducal Family, he realized that these 3 people were the greatest gifts to him aswell. They guided him and teached him so kindly about the matters of this world. He had to pay them back. He just had to. But their expectations of him were too great. Not counting his prodigious talent in magic in this current life, the only thing he had was him being faithful to his studies. He couldn't fulfill their expectations... This fact crushed his heart, and the hollow feeling grew even more inside his soul.

After the 3 minutes, Silva began to speak again. 

"Well then, young master, the next thing I wanted to speak to you about is this. Tomorrow, you will be assigned two new servants. 
 These two servants are people that I have personally tutored, so young master can rest assured about their quality." Silva said.

"H-huh? But why?" Rigel recovered from his stupor. "Silva, are you being replaced? I dont need any other servants."

"Hahahahah! Young master, Im not being replaced, your parents have simply decided that adding more servants to your detail would 
 be great for you. And also, they are 13 years old, so they would make great friends with you. And not only that, one of them is already a Tier
 5 Apprentice in Wind Magic, and also has just summoned a wind spirit. Both of them are already Tier 5 Apprentices and also have their   own spirits, so you can treat them as conversation partners when learning magic and Spirit Language."

Being able to become a Tier 5 Apprentice at 13 years old means they were really talented, but they were still lacking from Rigel's prodigious talent.

"Ah I see, that's good then." He said.

"Mhm. Alright, young master, you can leave for now. See you again tomorrow." Silva said.

"See you too." Rigel responded.

Seeing Silva bow, Rigel responds awkwardly with a wave of his hand. Leaving immediately, he closed the door with a heavy feeling on his heart. He was now going to his study. Walking through the hallways now felt different. He still felt hollow inside. 

'Im sorry Silva, Davien, Risa. I can't fulfill your expecations... If I tried, all of it would be in vain...'

Passing through the hallways again, he encountered some servants.

"Good afternoon, young master." They said, which was required of them every time they saw their masters.

"...hello." He meekly responded.

The servants were instantly stunned. Their young master would always wave at them with his hands when they greeted him, so they didn't expect for him to greet them back with his voice. Passing them by, he ignored the usual 'Kyaaa!' from the women and the gasps from the men. He didn't care, and he couldn't afford to care. He wasn't in a good mind. He had to relax in his study immediately. Arriving at his personal study, he entered the door, and closed with a little more force than usual. 

The inside of his study had now been reinforced, and every furniture was now anchored. Sitting in the chair in the middle of his study. He casted 'Gust' inside the study. Swoooooosh! The force and sound of wind resounded throughout his study. He closed his eyes, and began to contemplate with the cool and soothing wind from his magic.

'It's unfair really, how the world can sometimes be.' He immediately thought this sentence was ironic. He was born inside a Ducal Family. Was that unfair? 'So do I have to put up with it just because of that irony?' He felt angry at the world, and also himself. He was dissapointed he couldn't meet their expectations. He didn't even try, but he knew all of it would be useless. 

'Who knows what would happen in the future after the Demonic Invasion? I know the novel had 1600 chapters and counting last time I saw   it, so what other disastrous events would happen?'

He now wished he had read more of the novel. If he knew this would happen, then he would've had read more of the novel, no matter how shitty it became.

'Whatever. Let's just read some books.'

Rigel drowned his sorrows in a sea of books. He passed the time today by learning. Hours passed, and night had overtaken day, and when he realized this, he immediately went back to his room to go sleep.

3