005. Dream
38 1 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Boom! Boom! Boom!

Wooooooooosh!

Thunderous sounds of explosions resounded in the distance, as well as the violent wind emanating from the directions of the explosions. 

Boom! Boom! Boom!

Wooooooooosh!

Rigel was having a dream of the vision he first saw when he activated his talent, 'Eyes of Future Sight'. 

Just like his first vision, the realism of the dream was increasing. At first, he couldn't see and hear, but as time progressed, his vision became clearer and he could hear things more better. It became so real that he could feel the touch of grass, the force of wind hitting his skin, the thunderous sounds resounding in his ears. Everything gradually became more realistic, but, right as it felt like he was going to be able to fully feel everything, it stopped. And then, his senses became blurry, and the explosions repeated themselves over again.

Boom! Boom! Boom!

Wooooooooosh!

And again, the scale of realism in the dream increased. And again, it resetted. The dream was repeating in loops, like a broken video. Everything was repeating over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over- it felt like infinity.

But Rigel couldn't even feel that infinity. After all, you weren't normally conscious in your dreams. 

Like an ever looping video, the dream repeated over and over again. But at a certain moment, Rigel felt everything at once as his vision was flashed in white. 

Chirp, chirp, chirp. 

Inside a certain room in the Starlight Estate, Rigel woke up. He was met with the sound of birds chirping. The light from the window was hitting the legs of his luxurious bed. Awakening from his stupor, he realized it was a new day.

'A dream? About my first vision? But why?'

He couldn't understand. From that day when he activated his talent, he had never used it ever again. Using the talent was too risky, and he had been warned from his mother not to use it without her permission. He could understand why, and he never used it again. Having a dream about his first vision was weird, however, he didn't know how dreams worked. Maybe he just dreamed of it because of somekind of physiological thing. Rigel thought.

Yesterday wasn't really a good day for Rigel as he was faced with the reality that he couldn't save the Empire, no matter how hard he tried.
Atleast, he had to somehow save his parents from the war. Right now however, today was another lesson with Silva, and he would also be meeting his new servants. In 3 months as well, he would be having his own 'Initiation.' He wished the future him from 3 months good luck.

Taking a shower, he prepared to take his lessons today. After preparing, he left his room, and went towards the room where he would study with Silva. Walking through the hallways and corridors of the Estate, greeting the servants back, and studying with Silva... He had been repeating this cycle every day for years now. It reminded him of the dream he had when he woke up. 

When he thought back to the day he first had his vision, he remembered the thoughts he had about the Polaria Family. Where did they come from? He still wondered about this question today, but he didn't really care now. Perhaps it was just that this world had its own differences from the novel.

Arriving at the room where he usually studied with Silva, Rigel didnt immediately open the door.

'If im correct, the two new servants that will be attached under me should be inside right now.' After thinking that, Rigel opened the door.

Rigel was correct. When he opened the door, he saw two new figures in the room aside from Silva. They were a boy and a girl. The boy was dressed in a tuxedo, the normal outfit for male servants in the Estate. He had brown hair and brown eyes, and although Silva said the new servants were still 13, he looked more taller than normal teenagers. 

The girl was wearing a maid dress, and she looked quite cute. She had blue hair and blue eyes and looked like she was the usual height for 13 year olds.

Seeing that the young master that they were serving today had arrived, they immediately bowed, and said- 

"Good morning, young master." The both of them said.

"Good morning, young master." Silva immediately followed after them.

"Ah yes, good morning." Rigel responded.

After seeing so many servants working in the Estate, he had developed a kind of sense for servants. After analyzing them a bit, he knew they felt quite nervous.

'This must be their first time at the job.' Rigel thought. He was quite happy to have other people near his age he could talk to. Although they were more than double his age, they were still children, so they should be easy to talk too right?

"You two must be the new servants, correct? It's nice to meet you two.' He said, probing for their reactions.

"Yes, young master." "Yes, young master." They both responded to Rigel at the same time.

Looking at each other briefly, the young girl decided to introduce themselves first.

"Yes, young master. We are honored to become your servants. We will listen to every order you give us, so please don't be shy and command
 us if you need to." The long, blue haired servant said.

"My name is Adriel, and this is Dain. We both have just finished our servant training from mas- Teacher Silva."

They were a bit awkward, and perhaps it would take some time for them to get used to talking casually with Rigel.

'Im sure it'll be worth the effort. I need people to talk to, I've been feeling lonely not having any one near my age to make friends with.'

For the past 6 years he had lived in this life, he was always alone. For nobles who lived outside the Imperial Capital, there was no such thing as 'childhood friends'. Noble children could always visit each other, sure, but he always felt like that was a bother, and he didn't want to make any of his friends having to travel for days just to visit him. There was no cliche of him having a super beautiful maid that was near his age, or some cute, tsundere noble childhood friend. 

Hell, he didn't even have any siblings. Bearers of the 'Eyes of Future Sight' could only leave one descendant behind. It's been a limitation that has plagued the House of Polaria since its founding. Even now though, the House of Polaria still stands. It says alot about the protection that has been given to every children in the House of Polaria. The parents, servants, imperial soldiers... Everyone that had power was required to protect a descendant from the House of Polaria if they were in danger. It was Imperial Rule, and even the act of injuring or endangering a member of the Polaria Family could be met with the death sentence. Aside from the Imperial Family itself, descendants of Polaria were the most protected thing in the Empire.

Having no friends near his age was lonely, and he was looking forward to make friends with these two. He just had to melt the ice and awkwardness between them, and make them see him not as his master, but as a friend.

"Its good to meet you two. As you know, im the heir to the Polaria Family, Rigel Polaria. Im looking forward being with you two from now 
 on." Rigel said with a smile.

The two new servants were shocked. Seeing such an adorable little boy introducing himself like that... The boy, Dain, gasped, and the girl, Adriel, almost let out a sound. If she did, it would've sounded like: '...squeeeee- C-c-cute!'

Seeing both of their reactions, Rigel laughed to himself.

'Heheheh, they'll be very fun to tease in the future.' 

Seeing the interaction, Silva interrupted. 

"My apologies, young master. It seems they are still a bit inexperienced, if you could allow me, I can bring them back for retraining."

When the two servants, Dain and Adriel, heard the word 'retraining' they shivered.

"Silva, it's dont worry about it. They'll learn as time goes on." Rigel felt like Silva was also teasing them, while being serious as well.

'Since when did he have time to train his own disciples? I thought he was busy taking care of me, serving my parents, taking care of the
 mansion, and overseeing the servants? He sure is a superhuman.'

Silva had always been a master in multi-tasking, and Rigel always wanted to learn how to be like that from Silva as well. 

"If you say so young master, then there is no need to bring them back for retraining... For now."

The two flinched in unison again. Their reactions were quite amusing to Rigel. 

Clap! Silva clapped.

"And now young master, let us begin our lessons for today. Dain, Adriel, you two can stay there."

These two were about to stand for 6 hours straight, but this time they didnt even care. Standing for long periods of time were normal things for a servant, especially ones that were chosen to accompany their master.

Beginning his lessons, Silva started with language as per usual. The entirety of their lesson had gone like normal, except two extra people were watching over him now. Dain and Adriel were impressed at the level their young master had reached, and especially with magic. They were extremely shocked that their young master was already a Tier 3 Beginner Magician. Rigel's Tier was kept a secret, and this fact was only known by his parents and Silva. Not even the servants knew this. They thought their adorable young master was still learning the basics of magic. 

Going to magic, he learned more Astral Magic as per usual. Spending the 6 hours like this, his lessons ended with Silva again somehow being able to praise him. Concluding the lesson, Rigel as usual, went to his study. But this time, he was accompanied by his two new personal servants. Dain and Adriel. Rigel went inside the study. However, the two servants didn't go inside, instead, they just stood at both sides of the door.

"Whats the matter? Why are you two not entering?"

"Young master, we servants are not qualified to bother your private time. We have been trained by teacher Silva to always respect your
 privacy." This time, it was Dain that responded. Bowing slightly, he looked nervous since he was being questioned by his master.

"Its completely fine, I don't really care. Come in, it'll be fine."

They were still nervous. This wouldn't do. To make friends with them, and have conversation partners he could talk to every time he was in his study, he had to melt the ice. Entering inside the study, they felt nervous. It was their first time seeing the private study of their young master. They were a bit suprised, since the study, which was considered as a secondary study, was as large as a small ilbrary in a town. It was more luxurious than normal libraries as well, and everywhere they looked screamed rich. The bookshelves filled a large portion of the study, and in the middle of the room, a wide table and a comfortable looking chair was placed down. Behind them was a couple of shelves and cabinet, all backed up by a circular window with golden engravings on it. The engravings formed a simple figure of a man, holding a star. It was the symbol of the House of Polaria.

The first time they entered this estate, it felt like a dream to them. Being able to enter such a large and luxurious estate, they felt extraordinary joy. They were just children picked up from the orphanage in the streets of the Imperial Capital, and they had never ever seen such a huge building, even in the Imperial Capital. The size of the estate rivaled that of the entire Imperial Palace, the Palace of the Platinum Lion.

The luxury of the study however was next level compared to the hallways and normal rooms the servants had access to. They were quite suprised when they went in, as they never thought it would get more better than that. The study had clearly been customized entirely, just for the young master himself.

"How is it, its a good place isn't it? I spend most of my time here, studying books and learning magic. I practice my magic at the fields   outside though." Rigel said. He didn't mention the field was dozens of kilometers in size, and it was his own 'private' field. Their jaws would probably go down to the floor.

"Its a good place, young master." Adriel said.

"Mhm. You two can sit on those two chairs there." Rigel pointed at the two chairs. They were seperated, and they both were near the door.

"Young master, we thank you for your kindness towards us servants." Adriel responded.

"Also, drop that young master, and just call me Rigel in private. Don't be nervous, Silva won't come out of nowhere when you do that. You
 two can also act more casual with me in private. You just need to keep up that servant act with other people."

The two were suprised by their young master's words. Their adorable young master was telling them to be more casual with him? They were happy, but confused at the same time. Being teached by the strict Silva, they were always told to have the utmost respect for their master. Earlier, when they saw Rigel being teached by Silva, they were also shocked that the strict Silva had become such a kind teacher for Rigel. Remembering the strict training from Silva while they were watching Silva himself being kind while teaching Rigel felt really odd. 

They didn't respond to his words. They were still deliberating on whether to actually speak to him casually or not. That was how strict Silva's teaching was.

"Are you two ignoring your young master's words?" Rigel teased.

"O-of course not, young master!" "O-of course not, young master!" they both said in unison, again. They even spoke the same stutter at the same time. Looking at each other briefly, Adriel faced Rigel, and said-

"Young master- no. U-um. R-r-Rigel. Its just been our first time serving somebody. Please forgive us for our mistakes! If Teacher Silva hears
 of this, we're going to be doomed..." Adriel said. 

"R-Rigel. Adriel is right. It's our first time being able to serve someone... Frankly, I think the both of us aren't suited to be servants.
 H-however! We are Tier 5 Apprentices, and we already have contracted our own spirits. So please, dont tell this to Teacher Silva!"

'Wow, the training by Silva must have been extremely harsh.' Rigel thought. They were 13, so they probably started doing servant training at an early point in their lives. The fear of Silva must have been engraved to their souls now.

"I know that, and I think its impressive for you two to be able to reach this level."

"Well... Rigel- Aren't you a Tier 3 Beginner at the age of 6?" Adriel said.

"Thats that, and this is this. It doesn't matter. You two must be talented individuals, and I've always wanted to have other talented people
 I could talk to be my friends. You two are near my age, and you two have been assigned as my servants, so I want to have you two as my
 friends and conversation partners I can talk to."

'Be my friend!' was all Dain and Adriel heard. 

"Of course, yo- Rigel! I would be honored to be friends with someone like you!" Dain said.

"Me too, Rigel. I feel the same as Dain. I also want to be friends with someone like you." Adriel added.

"Thats good then! So from today onwards, the three of us are friends!" Using his appearance as an adorable 6 year old child, he would use it to his advantage to make it more easier for him to make friends with them. The plan was a success. The ice had been melted, and he had been rewarded with two new friends. They would frequently stay together, as they were his servants, but he didn't want to treat them like servants. He wanted to treat them as friends.

He would finally be able to not be alone for most of the day.

3