CH4 Getting Ripped
467 4 8
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The dorms looked to be on their way to falling apart. Most of the paint was chipped, and crows lined the roof, cawing and glaring down at me. I turned my head to see Tsukune walking into a building with a blue-haired girl and shook my head. Something had changed about my brother, and women had trouble keeping away from him. I was starting to think someone put a curse on him or something.

 

Moka didn’t seem to notice she was too enthralled by the building. “Wow, these buildings have so much dignity and character.” 

 

“That is the nicest way of describing a crack house I’ve ever heard.” Again, she pushed me lightly on the shoulder, and I braced myself with qi. This time I was only knocked back a few feet. I shook my head at my own weakness. I needed a way to push myself.

 

Maybe the gotcha tokens would help. They could drop skills, items, summon, or key items randomly from other worlds. So, while Moka shot up the stairwell, I made my way up slowly and rolled my first Gotcha.

 

  1. Dragon Ball Z
  2. Bleach
  3. Pokémon
  4. Monster Girl Quest
  5. Rosario + Vampire
  6. Naruto
  7. DC
  8. My Hero Academia
  9. Marvel
  10. Fate
  11. DXD
  12. Digimon

 

My first Gotcha rolled a 4, 2, and 15  a key item appeared. 

 

Key Item Gained: Asauchi – A spiritual weapon that will one day become a Zanpakuto. Only the spiritually sensitive can see this weapon.

 

My second roll had a 1, 11, and 4. That wasn’t bad; with some sword training, I could gain a powerful partner. All I needed was time, and I could gain a lot of power.

 

Skill Disc Gained: Measurement – determine a girl's measurements with a glance.

 

Maybe I could save that skill and give it to someone who designs female clothing. That was the least perverted use I could find for that skill.

 

I almost didn’t want to roll my third Gotcha, but I had to at this point.

 

The third one rolled a 3, 4, and a 20. I froze at that and couldn’t wait to see what I could summon.

 

Summon Scroll: Black Alice Paradox –The Goddess of Chaos who can freely travel through time and space. Warning, summon her at your own risk; once you gain her attention, who knows what will happen. Not even the system can bind her.

 

Well, that was going into my inventory maybe forever. Nothing I found would help me gain any power in the short term. I needed to find a gym to get my qi enhancement up. Even after MMA, I wasn’t allowed to go to the gym. Only body training was allowed.

 

Father was afraid I would become a roided-out thug. I couldn’t really argue with him. What would I say, hey pops, I have supernatural powers? Tsukune has qi control and basic qi enhancement, too, but nothing completely beyond the human limit yet. I’m maybe 8 times as strong as a normal human, which wasn’t saying much. My reserves were huge, but without the proper stressors, my gains were small.

 

I made it to the roof where Moka was waiting. She didn’t notice my sword, which was a good sign.

 

“You don’t seem to like this place even though you’re a monster,” Moka said. “So what type of monster are you? You and Tsukune are brothers, but he smells like a dragon, but you don’t. Do you have a different father but your twins?” 

 

I frowned. “He smells like a dragon. That’s news to me. Do you like his smell more than mine?” Moka giggled.

 

“Are you jealous?” I felt my face heat up. “No, vampires and dragons are both S-ranked monsters, but we don’t really get along. Dragons are too greedy, just like werewolves have too much lust.” 

 

“What do vampires have too much of?” She flinched. “I see you’re too social and outgoing.” She smiled and relaxed.

 

“Pride is our biggest trait, according to other monsters. Four other S-class races are out there, but they are mostly extinct. Dragons were nearly wiped out by humans, and even our numbers are dwindling. I’m glad there are some dragons left. So is your monster form embarrassing. We’ll still be friends if you are a slug.”

 

I snorted. “This is the only form I care to show.” I smiled. “Do you know if there is a gym on campus?”

 

Moka laughed; yea, I need to work off my breakfast too.

 

The Youkai academy gym was a thing of beauty. Some dumbbells weighed several tons thanks to enchantments placed on them. I raised my qi enhancement to max and picked up a smaller weight. It was roughly 2000lbs, and it was a strain to lift. Every curl made my muscles scream out, and I had to enhance my whole body to manage it. Just lifting them filled my qi enhancement with whole percentages for the first time in years. As I lifted the weights, those percentages helped me pass into the high 80s.

 

Qi Enhancement: Intermediate 88%

 

Lines of green light suffused my body as my veins bulged, and I finally approached the next level after so much time had been wasted. When I crossed over the gap, a grin stretched across my face. The weights in my hands lightened considerably, and I put them down for 5ton weights, one for each hand. More percentages piled in as I raised my level faster than ever before. If I stayed here, I was certain I could reach the next stage in record time.

 

Guys around the gym were gawking at Moka while she jogged at a little under 70mph. For her, it looked like a steady, almost lazy pace. I stepped on one of the machines and started jogging with the weights. My speed quickly rose, and I had to lift the weights rapidly to keep up. My percentage gain remained consistent until I hit 20% of qi enhancement apprentice, then my gains fell like a stone. I needed even heavier weights if I wanted to make any more gains.

 

The next pair was 10 tons each, but even they felt a little light to me, so I went for the heavier 25tons dumbbells. They lasted 5 percent before becoming useless. My body quickly adapted to the increased stress, but it seemed like my quick gains were over. Only the slow grind could get me over the finish line.

 

“You really like to exercise, be careful you don’t burn yourself out, and do those lines have something to do with your monster form?” Moka asked.  

 

“Much of my power comes from my inner energy instead of my muscles. I still need to push myself against something to get an improvement.” I said as I continued to lift at a steady pace. It wasn’t the gravity room from dragon ball, but a gym built for monsters helped. Everyone stared at Moka while I lifted my 25-ton weights, one in each hand. I continued to curl as my qi drained away rapidly.

 

Everyone had their limits, and mine would come sooner than I planned. The gym had heavier weights, but I wanted to get used to the 25-ton weights. Really, they were giving me a lot of improvement.

 

Qi Control: Adept 80%

Qi Enhancement: Apprentice 33%

 

Even if the gains went down with every percentage, I could reach the next stage in a few months if I went to the gym regularly.

 

Moka tapped her lips. “Huh, that’s like a vampire. Are you sure you don’t have a little vampire in you? Who knows? We could even be cousins. Wouldn’t that be exciting?” Moka asked.

 

I cringed, and she giggled at my expense. “I’m only joking; you’re too serious; come on, this is a school for monsters; have fun. You only get to experience high school once.” 

 

You’re right; I should go big. I stuffed a leg press with nearly 400 tons of weight and hopped on under it. I wasn’t sure if the chair would survive, but I released it. My knees bent for a second, I started to slowly lose ground, and my qi burnt up quickly. All my qi depleted rapidly, but the gains were worth it. Slowly my legs pushed the weight up, and everyone watched me as I let the weight back down. 400tons was a lot of weight, even for monsters, apparently. I let the weight down and pushed it up as my qi burned through my body. For the first time in my life, I was suffering from qi burn. There was so much power raging through my body that I couldn’t handle it. Slowly push after push, I raised my percentage.

 

Qi Enhancement: Apprentice 51%

 

Once I saw my percentage pass 50%, I put the weight up. My reserves were dangerously low, and I had just proven I could flip cars and toss them around like hot wheels. My body shook from the effort, and looking at the clock, I saw that we had been here for 2 hours.

 

“I think that makes sense; they could be cousins. Then, of course, she would hang out with her cousin. Everything makes sense now; she isn’t with him because they’re into each other we all have a chance.” One of the monsters said.

 

“Arakan, let's go; it is getting late, and don’t you want to see the academy in twilight?”

 

 “Sure, that sounds like fun.” I crossed the distance between us so quickly that it felt like I had teleported. Qi burns littered my body, and I felt like I could collapse at any moment, but I also felt good. Lifting heavy weights gave me a feeling of accomplishment. All those other guys watching Moka struggled with 1-ton weights. Lifting multiple tons didn’t seem to be a trait all monsters shared.

 

Under the twilight, the academy looked like it was bathed in flames. Instead of looking like the beginning of a horror movie, it looked like the end. Few students were outside at this point, so I dripped Moka off without any issues.

 

It was on my way home that my troubles started. Saizou charged me with a metal bat raised. He didn’t seem to be taking any chances. I moved in, took the bat on my forearm, and felt the bone snap before I punched the giant in the throat. The second he grabbed his throat, I shot forward to clinch the win. My back leg shot forward, and I felt his body ripple on impact.

 

Saizou lay on his back, clutching his throat and gasping for air, looking like a fish out of water. There was a hill behind where he fell, so I approached his downed form and kicked him off the sidewalk. His body rolled a good way before he landed in a ditch. With that finished, I held my arm close to my chest and made my way slowly to my dorm, careful not to jar my broken limb. It would heal quickly, but only after my qi burns are better. So it was going to be a long, painful night.

 

Dear readers this is Ultimatedaywriter and I'm here to maximize your reading experience and help you get your fair share from this story. On my Patreon you'll fine chapters up to 10 and the first one is a dollar. Ultimatedaywriter Patreon
Expect more chapters at least 1 monday and friday.

8