CH9: Confrontation
343 6 8
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

A rewritten passage from Rias Gremory’s diary.

 

Rias powerwalked through the halls of Yokai academy at a breakneck pace. Her boobs jiggled with every step while lustful wretches of Yokai failed to keep their eyes off her. She shook with fury from her toes to her jiggling breasts, and the stares weren’t making her feel better. Attention was only nice when it came from people who mattered. Unfortunately, random yokai who wouldn’t ever match up to a low-class devil didn’t fall into that category. Worse, the twin brother of her prospect was powerful enough to matter.

 

He played with Rias and her peerage, and after they had laid their cards on the table, he flipped it and told them to go elsewhere. It was infuriating and devil to the core. He made sure to see what they were willing to offer his brother, then sent them to him to ensure the real bargaining would start at everything. It was to be expected from a devil but not from a human. Even without a sacred gear, such a devilish personality and strength would make a fine addition to her peerage. It would be valuable to have someone capable of tricking her enemies into revealing the cards in their hands. Then there was the power radiating off him like a Satan-blessed nuclear reactor.

 

It wasn’t magic, but it was powerful, like how her own demonic power. Once reincarnated, he would be a high-class devil in strength if it turned into demonic power. There wasn’t a doubt in her mind he would be an ultimate class soon. Not to mention he had loyalty to his family. He put himself in a potentially dangerous position to see what they wanted before revealing the truth. Then there was the vampire with him.

 

Even while sealed, Rias could tell the vampire was strong. And even with the Tepes Carmilla civil war going on, she wasn’t about to anger a potential vampire heiress. But it seemed like such a waste to turn someone powerful like Arakan Aono into a fledgling vampire. He had so much promise and potential as a devil.

 

Rias threw open the doors to the swimming club room only to be blasted with ice. A mermaid with an indention of a fist struggled to breathe buried hallway in a wall. A column of frozen mermaids hung high in the air while Arakan’s twin rested in the arms of two girls. One of them might have been a devil with her wings and tail, but the aura of lust revealed her to be a succubus. The other with flowing glacial blue hair was likely a snow fairy, a Yuki-onna.

 

The fallen flew in from the already busted windows above in bondage gear of all things. Rias sucked in a breath and readied herself for negotiations.

 

“Are you ready? We just have to debase ourselves one more time, and who knows, maybe it’s a team package?” Akeno said.

 

Koneko’s ears popped out. “We have company.”

 

Rias turned to see Arakan walk in behind them. The vampire stayed behind him, staring at the water the whole time. The human grabbed her hand and pulled her behind him. It wasn’t something she had seen before, especially from a proud vampire. Even coming this close to water, even if it was half-frozen, should be difficult for her. Vampires naturally feared their weaknesses. When she looked back at Arakan, he clearly always kept himself between the vampire and the pool.

 

“Fresh meat,” A mermaid yelled and lunged out of the pool. Before she could do anything to stop the mermaid, Arakan backhanded the monster. Rias’ eyes widened at the sheer force of the blow. The mermaid flew into the ice and shattered it, and the human kept walking as if he had only brushed some trash out of his way.

 

She wanted that confidence in his strength, the surety that nothing could stop him on his path. He wasn’t a monster, devil, angel, or even a sacred gear user; he was human. But he was so much more human than any she had ever met. She felt his desires overflowing from him even as he tried to suppress them. That was his weakness and one she would exploit just as he exploited her desperation.

 

 

Being surrounded by many women interested in my brother made me feel like a man with stock investments watching another man win the lottery. It made me think back to the night I broke up with my girlfriend when I found out we were going to Yokai academy. I knew our relationship wouldn’t survive the distance, and I wanted her to have a life of her own, so I broke it off. Then a day later, she sent me a picture of her and Tsukune having sex. After I deleted the damn thing and raged, I couldn’t help but wonder when the picture was taken. Was it when we were together or after we broke up?

 

It was fucked up, either way, I didn’t have the full context of what happened, and I wanted to let it go and move on. Moka helped me; nothing else mattered except us when I was with her. She let me be myself with her, and that was something beautiful. I was a training addict in my heart of hearts, and even with no Giga monster to take on, I still would love training. Having a benchmark gave me an excuse that other people could sympathize with. There was something about training my qi to greater and greater heights that were pleasurable. Fighting after training hard gave me a feeling like chasing the dragon.

 

Quest: Find A club by the end of the day

Reward: 1 Gotcha

Failure: The school repair club

 

I shrugged. I still had time, and Moka was practically a club magnet.

 

“We want all three of you to join the occult research club. I can say with certainty we don’t eat our club members.”

 

“Tsukune, we should get out of here. We don’t want to deal with either of these crazy factions. Trust me, fallen and devils are bad news.” Kurumu said.

 

“Come on, give us a chance; his brother sent us this way, and he wouldn’t have if we were bad people,” Rias said.

 

I waved to get Tsukune’s attention. Our eyes met, and he looked relieved. My original idea had been to watch everything devolve into chaos but stepping in wasn’t so bad. Everything had already turned to pot before I arrived. I was right to be cautious of clubs; half of them seemed to be trapped.

 

“They are desperate to have you join their factions. Maybe they can tell us why so you can make an informed decision.”

 

Moka pressed her lips against my ear and whispered. “They would only want a human if he had a sacred gear. I think they know of his identity and plan to use that information to blackmail him into joining if negotiations don’t work out.”

 

I had no idea what a sacred gear was until Rias explained. “We believe Tsukune has the sacred gear Engine of Destruction, which contains the souls and powers of the young blue eyes white dragon race. They are a race of holy dragons created by the original leader of the heavenly faction.” I rolled my eyes; that sounded completely overpowered and ridiculous. So basically, he was filled to the brim with S-class monster souls that could deal holy damage to the devils that might make him a threat so recruiting him might be their first response. Assassination would be their next step, more than likely.

 

The fallen were just as eager to get Tsukune to join their faction. “We would be willing to accept your brother as well. I can offer to use one of my evil pieces on both of you and turn you into devils. Devils live much longer than humans, we’re stronger, and with your sacred gear, you would be immune to our holy weakness. So you would get all the benefits but none of the drawbacks.”

 

“Except for slavery, or were you going to leave that part out.” One of the fallen yelled. “Join us, and you will get money, you can keep your race, and we’ll protect you from the devils until you’re strong enough to handle them yourself. Also, who better to teach you how to wield holy energy than us? The heavenly faction would just let you bumble about until you figure it out yourself.”

 

“He would be a servant on my peerage and a precious part of my family. So don’t act like the fallen are the good guys. I’ve seen the things you do to sacred gear wielders.” Rias said.

 

“Tsukune, if you agree, I’ll join you; you’re my destined one,” Kurumu said.

 

“Me too. I won’t let this come between us.” Mizore said.

 

Tsukune met my eyes and seemed to ask for advice. This was the perfect moment. “Did you sleep with Miko before or after we broke up?” I asked, and his eyes widened before he stepped back.

 

“I..” Tsukune began, and his eyes widened as his qi rose. White light gathered around him. He took another step back, and a savage grin crossed my face.

 

“Tell me, little brother did you betray me?” I asked.

 

“What do you care you discarded her like trash?” Tsukune asked.

 

Our time ended Yokai academy would be too far away for our relationship to continue. A clean break was what we needed. But Tsukune wasn’t giving me a clear answer, so neither was I. “She isn’t here; you slept with her and abandoned her. Was this your chance to get one over on me? You were always weaker than me. Do you think a bit of dragon power will matter?” I pointed a thumb at myself. “Or did you break up with her because she was too loose?” I raised my pinky and waved at him.

 

New Quest: Stop Tsukune’s Rampage

Reward: 5 Gotcha

Bonus?

Bonus?

Bonus?

Failure: The loss of many lives, possibly your own.

 

My brother’s face turned red, and I felt something snap like a dam bursting. A white aura gathering around Tsukune as his power grew by leaps and bounds. It was impressive and borderline terrifying to watch as it melded with his qi forming a bastardized version of aura. But unfortunately, it also lacked any form of control. He was maybe 10 times my power level, and there wasn’t a damn thing I could do to close the gap except for ascension, but that skill might kill me; my body wasn’t ready.

 

Tsukune clenched his jaw. “I hate you.” The boy yelled before thrusting his hand out. “Breath,” He yelled, and a wall of white flames erupted, towering up to the ceiling and heading for Moka and me.

 

 

Dear readers this is Ultimatedaywriter and I'm here to maximize your reading experience and help you get your fair share from this story. On my Patreon you'll fine chapters up to 21 and the first one is a dollar. Next Chapters
Expect more chapters at least 1 monday and friday.

8