57. Shrek vs Xing Luo Imperial Academy
237 0 7
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

When their hour was up, the Shrek group walked back to the courtyard. The Golden Iron Triangle led Han Niansui, Xu Tian, and Gong Xi up to the stands to watch. Ru Shenqi led her friends to their place in the courtyard.

Across from them stood Xing Luo Imperial Academy's Battle Team. The teenager furthest forward highly resembled the Royal Family of Xing Luo Empire, so that must be their Royal Prince.

Next to Ru Shenqi, Gu Xingyun stiffened. Noticing, she asked, "Xingyun, what is it?"

Before he could respond, they all heard, "How's my little brother doing in Heaven Dou Empire?"

Gu Xingyun's hands clenched, and he gritted his teeth. "My elder brother, Gu Shichao1古士超 - given name meaning "Extraordinary". When I left home, I was three spirit ranks higher than him, thus being named Crown Prince. I wonder what he's at now."

The other Tyrants all said, "We support you. Show your elder brother the true power of the Heavenly Golden Lion."

Ru Shenqi stepped forward. "Your Highness, do you think that by irritating us, we'll go leniently on you?!"

Gu Shichao glanced at her. "What's a little girl doing here? Run back home to your mother's bosom."

That was a sore spot. Ru Shenqi's temper flared. Killing intent surged from her. "MY MOTHER'S DEAD SO HOW ABOUT YOU RUN BACK TO YOURS INSTEAD?! YOU THINK YOU CAN HOLD A FLAME TO ME?!"

The whole arena was shocked at her words. A little girl without a mother... how sad.

Hu Liena shook her head and sighed. "Whichever team wins the Advanced Spirit Master Grand Competition, they shall be rewarded with these three spirit bones."

The Golden Iron triangle gaped at the rewards. This time around, Spirit Empire was again offering hand-selected spirit bones. Yu Xiaogang recognized all three.

"These spirit bones all come from deceased Douluo of Spirit Empire."

Liu Erlong turned to look at him. "Who?"

Flender was curious as well.

With a surprised voice, Yu Xiaogang answered, "The golden, flat plated one is the Scaled Body Armor from Golden Crocodile Douluo. This is a chest bone of at least seventy thousand years."

His companions were surprised. "Why would the Golden Generation had these out?"

"Like last time, Bibi Dong prepared three spirit bones for the three of the Golden Generation. This time is the same. Hu Liena kept these spirit bones for their new team."

"What about the other two?" Flender asked.

Yu Xiaogang turned away from them and looked towards Hu Liena, confusion written all over his features. Flender and Liu Erlong saw his expression and were worried.

"Xiaogang, what is it?"

"I don't understand why Hu Liena would be so willing to part with these other two, even giving them to her disciples."

"What are they?" Liu Erlong prodded.

A coldness settled in his tone as he replied, "Mental Immunity Skull Bone and Six Purple Light Wings."

The other two sputtered, "The Golden Generation would actually pass down Bibi Dong's spirit bones?!"

Yan was getting impatient, so he explained, "Shrek Academy is an undefeated victor this year, having had successive wins in both their Preliminary and Ranking Rounds. Xing Luo Imperial Academy has only had one loss. Let's see what the two can show us, shall we?"

Taking that as their cues to release their spirits, Xing Luo Empire erupted with twenty eight spirit rings. Each of the seven team members had the optimal configuration, so fourteen yellow and fourteen purple rings amazed the crowd. Other competing spirit masters scoffed.

Xing Luo Imperial Academy's team indeed did have seven beast spirit masters. Their captain had the Evil Eyes White Tiger spirit. The vice captain, Gu Shichao, had the Heavenly Golden Lion spirit. Two spirit masters had gorilla spirits, two had tortoise spirits, and one had a gazelle spirit. Five Power Attacks Systems, two Defense Systems, and one Agility Attack System spirit masters.

The Royal Prince and captain of Xing Luo Imperial Academy's first seeded team, Dai Nengyi2戴能义 - given name meaning "Righteous", asked, "Does Shrek not even dare to release their rings?"

Ru Shenqi had held them back, waiting to see what their opposing team displayed. Depending on the opponents' spirits, their plan was either to control... or to destroy them thoroughly.

Finally, she made up her mind and said, "Shanxin, Jiaxiang, Suyin!"

On her command, they released their spirits. Bai Shanxin's wings spread gloriously, shining brighter than before. Shu Jiaxiang's cheetah ears popped up, her tail flicked out, and her nails lengthened into claws. Liao Suyin's eight jade legs stretched out from her back.

Equally, two yellow, two purple, and one black sprit rings descended around all three.

Though they didn't need to introduce themselves, they also knew that the competition still believed they were all Spirit Ancestors. Plus, bragging rights.

"Bai Shanxin, spirit Needle-Tailed Swift, fifty third ranked Agility Attack System Battle Spirit King."

"Shu Jiaxiang, spirit Shadow Cheetah, fifty second ranked Agility Attack System Battle Spirit King."

"Liao Suyin, spirit Jade Poison Tarantula, fifty first ranked Power Attack System Battle Spirit King."

Eyes popped. "WHAT IS THIS?!"

The Heaven Dou teams who had competed against Shrek in the past knew that their spirit masters only had four rings before. How could they have already become Spirit Kings in two weeks?!

Even Ning Fengzhi and Chen Xin were dumbfounded.

"THREE SPIRIT KINGS?!" the Xing Luo team exclaimed.

Ru Shenqi smirked. "Yong, Youyou!"

Ming Yong's ebony Seven Stringed Dragon Qin appeared in front of him. Five rings accompanied: two yellow, two purple, and one black. Fang Youyou's Rainbow Colored Flowering Lotus formed in his right hand. Again, five rings danced around him: two yellow, two purple, and one black.

"Ming Yong, spirit Seven Stringed Dragon Qin, fifty fourth ranked Spirit System Battle Spirit King."

Xing Luo Imperial Academy's team quivered. "A Spirit System sprit master?!"

"Fang Youyou, spirit Rainbow Colored Flowering Lotus, fifty seventh ranked Auxiliary System Spirit King."

The crowd went berserk. "HOW IS THIS POSSIBLE?!"

Who could believe that five of the seven had become Spirit Kings in such a short time? Xing Luo Imperial Academy's first seeded team inwardly began to worry.

Ru Shenqi turned to look at Gu Xingyun and nodded. "Whenever you're ready."

He released his Heavenly Golden Lion spirit with a roar. Around his body, five dazzling spirit rings appeared. Eyes widened.

"TWO DECADE MILLENNIUM SPIRIT RINGS?!"

Gu Xingyun shared Tang San's tyrannical spirit ring configuration. Of course, there would be a shock.

Xie Yue, Hu Liena, and Yan all gaped. They had no idea Shrek would bring out such a powerful team. They began to fear their full Spirit King team couldn't compare.

"Gu Xingyun, spirit Heavenly Golden Lion, fifty eighth ranked Power Attack Battle Spirit King."

Gu Shichao gaped. "S- since when?!"

While they were in Star Dou Great Forest, Gu Xingyun had crossed the borderline into the fifty eighth rank. But of course, he couldn't say that.

"Elder brother, when I come home after the Advanced Spirit Master Grand Competition, do you really think you can fight with me for the throne?"

Gu Shichao's hands clenched, knuckles turning white.

Ru Shenqi took a bold step forward, golden eyes blazing. Every person present was silent, waiting to see if Shrek's last team member would be as strong as the rest. The other teams remembered she had revealed three rings: one white and two yellow. And rumors during the Ranking Rounds spoke of her having become a Spirit Ancestor. How could they think she would be the strongest of them all?

"Xiao Nuhuang, seventy sixth ranked Spirit Saint!"

Laughs abounded as people believed she was jesting. But then, her spirit launched. Her golden eyes turned silver-white. Descending around her tiny body were her true spirit rings. As they saw the configuration, everyone's jaws dropped. Even though there had previously been white and yellow, there were none now. Not even a purple one. Instead, her tyrannical spirit rings shone with a menacing light.

Black.

Black.

Black.

Black.

Red.

Red.

Red.

"ONLY DECADE MILLENNIUM AND EVEN CENTURY MILLENNIUM SPIRIT RINGS?! AHHHHHH, WHAT KIND OF INHUMAN MONSTER IS THIS?!"

Xing Luo Imperial Academy's team gulped. How were they to know their opponents would bring out a SPIRIT SAINT?! And such a powerful one at that?!

Hu Liena, Yan, and Xie Yue were equally dumbfounded. She's even more monstrous than Tang San! their minds blended into one. And a disciple of Elder Ru Zuanshi as well!

Chen Xin sent a private message to Ning Fengzhi, "Clan Leader, Xiao Shen has gotten another century millennium spirit ring. Can Tang Sect really protect her now?"

"Even if they can't, she can hold her own pretty well. If she can become a Spirit Douluo within the next year, the tides against Spirit Empire will turn."

"B- begin!" Hu Liena stammered.

"Third spirit skill, Clear Crystal Armor!"

After protecting her teammates, Ru Shenqi took a backseat. Grandmaster had forbidden them from using their combined Death God Domain until the battle with Spirit Empire's team. Ru Shenqi couldn't go above her fourth ring or use her two innate domains. And none of them could use spirit bones.

Shu Jiaxiang and Bai Shanxin flew out. As Shu Jiaxiang neared them, she released her fourth and third spirit skills successively. After boosting her attributes, her poisonous fog spread out, covering the two Defense tortoises. Bai Shanxin used her fourth spirit skill and it's Air Strike to keep the fog in their direction.

Gu Xingyun let out a roar and launched his third spirit skill, boosting his attributes by five percent. Then, he released his first spirit skill, temporarily deafening all of the opponents. Ming Yong began to play a melody on his qin, controlling the others' emotional states.

"THIS IS A SLAUGHTER!" the crowd cried.

"First spirit skill Flowering Lotus Blossom! Fourth spirit skill, Flowering Lotus Ten Ton!"

After boosting everyone with stamina and strength, Fang Youyou nodded to Liao Suyin. She launched her third spirit skill, covering herself in her jade armor. Shooting towards the gazelle spirit master, she bound him within her fourth spirit skill, Tarantula Web.

Ru Shenqi launched her first spirit skill, Clear Crystal Scatter. After disorienting their opponents, she said, "Yong, finish this."

He nodded and began to play a different tune. As his second spirit ring lit up, seven strings shot out and wrapped around all of the opponents. Ming Yong's playing grew frantic, and he threw them all out of bounds as if they were nothing more than puppets on a rope.

The crowd was stunned. Shrek Academy's team had just won in under a minute without letting the other team even launch a single spirit skill.

Xie Yue finally understood why the young leader of Shrek Academy's team could stand up to him. She turned out to be only two spirit ranks beneath him! And had a terrifying spirit ring configuration at that!

In the stands, Feng Changzhi quivered. When his little cousin had said he wasn't qualified to fight her, he hadn't believed her before. But after having seen her seven tyrannical rings, he realized that she was leagues ahead of him.

Hu Liena raised her head. "Shrek Academy has won today's match. Xing Luo Imperial Academy has been eliminated. Tomorrow, we'll see Heaven Dou Imperial Academy's first seeded team compete against the School of Four Elements from Heaven Dou Empire."

The Golden Generation turned to leave. Once they were gone, people began to file out of the stands and exit the courtyard. The Shrek Seven Tyrants surrounded Ru Shenqi to protect her on their way back to their quarters. Yet, they were still stopped by Xing Luo Imperial Academy's captain and vice-captain.

Gu Shichao glared hatefully at his younger brother. Gu Xingyun matched his gaze. Dai Nengyi looked at Ru Shenqi curiously.

"Mei mei, how is it that you're so powerful at such a young age?"

She threw a casual glance at him before replying, "Luck."

Dai Nengyi shook his head. "You are spectacularly lucky then. If only Xing Luo Empire had a spirit master as outstanding as you."

She countered, "There's Xingyun. Is his two black rings not powerful enough for you?"

"Xiao Shen," Gu Xingyun called as he shook his head.

She looked around and asked, "Is a Death God not enough for you either?"

Dai Nengyi and Gu Shichao choked. "What?!"

Gu Xingyun sighed, "Death God Domain."

His intense slaughter intent surged, and his eyes turned blood red. An icy aura radiated from him. Two pairs of eyes widened.

"Wha-? How?"

Gu Xingyun recalled his domain. "Slaughter City. After I left home, I found that sinister place first and decided to train there. It was in Slaughter City that I met Xiao Shen. Little did I know she was a Little God."

Dai Nengyi hung his head. "Our loss really isn't contestable. Though you are all younger, you all have surpassed us in talent."

This time, even Gu Shichao couldn't argue. They let the Shrek Seven Tyrants pass and return to their rooms.

<><><>

Inside the girls' dorm room, a lone figure sat waiting.

As Shu Jiaxiang, Bai Shanxin, Liao Suyin, and Ru Shenqi walked in, the figure lifted her head. She looked straight at Ru Shenqi before standing up.

"Follow me."

Unable to argue, Ru Shenqi followed Hu Liena out. They headed over to her private study and entered.

"What does Supreme Pontiff want me for?"

"I didn't expect that when I saw you again you would have four decade millennium spirit rings and three century millennium spirit rings."

"Star Dou Great Forest is filled with many spirit beasts. Xiao Nuhuang was just lucky to find suitable spirit beasts."

"The gods seem to look favorably on you."

"Luck is just on my side."

"Why do you have Elder Ru Zuanshi's sun bracelet?" Hu Liena asked, suddenly switching topics. "What is your connection with her?"

"Why does Supreme Pontiff ask?"

"Ru Zuanshi was an Elder of Spirit Empire. If you tell me your connection with her, I can pull some strings within the Elder Palace and see if you can become an Elder of Spirit Empire."

"I don't know any Ru Zuanshi."

"I would suggest you be forthright. Lying to me will not help your case."

"I found the bracelet on the ground in Vast Sea City. I really don't know this Elder Ru Zuanshi that Supreme Pontiff speaks of."

Hu Liena's eye twitched with impatience. "I will ask you one more time, Xiao Nuhuang. How do you have Elder's sun bracelet?"

7