59. Spirit Empire’s Platinum Generation
221 0 6
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The next day, Shrek's group went to go see the battle between the Four Halls Academy and Spirit Empire's team. They sat down in the stands and waited for the battle to start. Currently, only Tang San and Xiao Wu were down with the students. Ma Hongjun, Ning Rongrong, and Oscar sat down near the Golden Iron Triangle.

"San ge knows that their team stands a chance at defense, so their plan is to hold out as long as possible. With that, he hopes that your team can learn Spirit Empire's teams skills. It's less of a surprise for you all then," Ma Hongjun explained.

Ning Rongrong nodded in agreement. "Just like how the Emperor Team did for us, we will do you for you."

Flender chuckled deviously. "Good kids! You still remember your school!"

Ma Hongjun and Oscar's eyebrows twitched. "Dean, are you trying to milk us for something?!"

"Eh? No, no, no!"

They all laughed.

Meanwhile, Ru Shenqi intently kept her eyes on the stage. The Four Halls Academy team stepped out as did Spirit Empire's team.

Above, Xie Yue announced, "Tang Sect's Four Hall Academy Team will compete against Spirit Empire's Platinum Generation."

Yan's eyes narrowed at Tang San and Xiao Wu. Tang San, prepare to lose.

But Tang San had no plan of winning this time around. As a Control System spirit master, he was best at strategy. And his strategy was for Shrek Academy to win. If they won, as Shrek's Seven Devils, it would still reflect on them.

"Ge," Xiao Wu began. "Will the Golden Generation give us any trouble?"

"We need to stall as long as we can. The more Xiao Shen learns, the more likely it is that she can formulate a plan to defeat this Platinum Generation."

Hu Liena saw the calmness in Tang San's gaze and grew worried. What is he planning?

Clearing her throat, she called out, "Spirit masters, release your spirits."

The Four Halls Academy revealed one Spirit King and four Spirit Ancestors. The same two Vigorous Orangutans from their Strength Hall, two Armor Plated Giant Rhinoceroses from their Defense Hall, and two Soul Breaking Spears from their Destruction Clan were Spirit Ancestors on the verged of the fiftieth rank. Bai Shanli had been replaced by Tang San with the eldest of Bai Shanxin's siblings, Bai Shanmin1白善敏 - given name meaning "Good and Clever" (敏 can also mean quick or agile), a fifty third ranked Spirit King.

Spirit Empire's team released their spirits. It was just as Tang San said: mutant spirits.

They stood in a 3-4 combination. The first three displayed beast spirits. The last four displayed tool spirits. All had five rings with the optimal configuration. The beast spirits were Devil Blood Tiger, Fury Craze Gorilla, and Titan Panda. The tool spirits were Silver Hexagon Ring, Radiation Halo, Ink Brush, and Demon Spirit Bow.

Gasps arose from the crowd. "Another Sprit King team?!"

Tang San's eyes narrowed. The tiger and gorilla must be Power Attack Systems. The panda might be a Defense System. The Ring is obviously a Control System spirit master, the Halo must be from the Healing System, the brush might be Agility Attack System, and the Bow definitely is. Why don't they have an Auxiliary System spirit master?

Another slightly shocking factor was that this Platinum Generation only had two female spirit masters. The Silver Hexagon Ring spirit master and the Demon Spirit Bow spirit master.

Smug looks crossed Xie Yue and Yan's faces. Hu Liena watched Tang San intently.

"Begin!"

"Third spirit skill, Blood Tiger Vajra Transformation!"

"Second spirit skill, Pound!"

"Fourth spirit skill, Titan Panda Chomp!"

The three beast spirit masters launched skills. The Tiger's skill closely resembled Dai Mubai's Vajra Transformation, his body red blood red fur and his nails sharpened into claws. The Gorilla created an earthquake, rocking the earth. The Panda's force knocked the Four Hall Academy's members backwards.

"Second spirit skill, Rhino Shield!" The two Armor Plated Rhinoceros defended against the onslaught. Shooting out from the shield were two Soul Breaking Spears. The Silver Hexagon Ring spirit master released her second spirit skill.

The two spears became trapped within the silver and white ring at it shrank around them. Then, the Demon Spirit Bow spirit master launched an attack.

"Fourth spirit skill, Thousand Shots!"

She released one pitch black arrow into the air. It multiplied into thousands and came raining down on the Four Halls Academy members. The two Rhinos protected their teammates as best as they could. The two Vigorous Orangutans leapt out while Bai Shanmin flew up. She blew the arrows away with a gust of wind.

Suddenly, a lulling voice spoke, "Black sky on a moonless night, darkness within all."

The Ink Brush spirit master painted in the air as his third spirit ring glowed. Characters appeared before black liquid gushed out of the array he had drawn. It was like tar and flooded the stage. Each of the spirit masters on the ground became trapped in the sticky substance. Even the Soul Breaking Spears couldn't get free.

Ten pairs of pupils contracted. "How is this happening?"

Even the Golden Iron Triangle was shocked. "Their spirits themselves has surpassed the Golden Generation. No wonder they're considered the Platinum Generation."

The only spirit master who had released any skills yet was the Radiation Halo spirit master. He finally took his turn and launched his fourth spirit skill.

"Radiation Drain!"

This shocking spirit skill drain physical and mental strength from opponents at a quantitative speed. Soon, the Four Halls Academy members collapsed from exhaustion.

Smirking, Xie Yue announced, "Spirit Empire Academy wins!"

The Shrek Seven Tyrants gulped. Even Ru Shenqi was worried.

How can I protect my friends? she thought. I'm going to have to do it first. After the evolution of my spirit, all of my spirit skills have grown stronger. Now, I'm not as limited as before. There's no other way to win.

Ma Hongjun, Ning Rongrong, and Oscar flew down to the stage. Oscar gave them his sausages while Ning Rongrong launched her spirit skills to help them recover. Ma Hongjun used his fire to burn away the tar-like substance.

A dark look crossed the Golden Iron Triangle's faces. They gathered their kids and led them back to their quarters.

There, Yu Xiaogang began his teachings. "I assume everyone has figured out who the captain of the Platinum Generation is?"

Ten heads nodded. "The Ink Brush spirit master."

"That's right. He's the one with the highest spirit power. He should be at the fifty eighth rank. The vice captain is the Radiation Halo spirit master. He has the second highest spirit power at the fifty seventh rank. All of the others are either at the fifty sixth or fifty fifth rank."

Just then, there was a knock at the door. Liu Erlong got up and opened the door to see five very familiar faces.

"Come in."

Tang San, Xiao Wu, Oscar, Ning Rongrong, and Ma Hongjun entered. "Grandmaster, Dean."

"Laoshi, Spirit Empire's Platinum Generation is deserving of their epithet. Be careful."

"Xiao San, are your spirit masters okay?"

Tang San nodded. "Rongrong and Oscar treated them well. They're recovering now."

"That's good," Flender breathed in relief. "We can also send Youyou over if you need him."

Tang San bowed his head. "Thank you, Laoshi. We should be fine, but I will keep your offer in mind."

"Xiao Wu," Liu Erlong began. "Those spirit masters..."

"Mom, they're even stronger than Hu Liena, Xie Yue, and Yan at their age. They're on track like we were back then."

"Monsters," Oscar added.

Everyone shivered. Ru Shenqi looked down at the ground.

The battle with Spirit Empire relies on us. If we win, we can once again prove that Spirit Empire is not as strong or as good as they say. But how can we win? Those mutant spirits are too different. The beast spirits are stronger than what's normal. Perhaps we could defeat them, but the tool spirit masters are more worrisome. What can we do?

Tang San, having seen the doubt in her eyes, requested, "Laoshi, may I steal Xiao Shen away for a bit?"

Yu Xiaogang, guessing his intent, nodded. "Take all the time you need. Don't forget, I will entrust her to you after the Advanced Spirit Master Grand Competition."

"I haven't forgotten. Xiao Shen, come with me."

Curious, she followed Tang San out of the room. They headed over to the room he shared with Xiao Wu. He sat down at the table inside and motioned for her to back up a bit.

After she did so, he said, "Show me the power of your seventh ring."

"Seventh spirit skill, Clear Crystal Eyes Spirit Avatar!"

Her eyes turned silver-white as her body became crystalline. Tang San threw out a few of his hidden weapons, which all bounced off of her, leaving no harm.

Purple God Light.

Using his mental attack, he launched its full power. Ru Shenqi didn't even bother to do anything. She knew her seventh spirit skill would protect her. Immune from spiritual attacks, his Purple God Light just reflected back towards him. He leaned out of the way as it burned a hole in the wall.

"Good, protection from both spiritual and mental attacks, even from those of the Title Douluo level and higher."

"Senior Tang San, it also grants be a twenty percent boost in spirit power."

He nodded. "That's good as well. I heard from Grandpa Sword that your sixth skill drains a lot of spirit power. Xiao Shen, have you tried using other spirit skills while in the Spirit Avatar state?"

She shook her head. "I should've tried when we were in Star Dou Great Forest, but we didn't come across many spirit beasts that would've required me to use my seventh ring. Once I got my ring, we hastened to leave and continue on to Spirit City."

"Spirit City is run by Spirit Empire. The only place you can try to do it is when you seven compete against Spirit Empire. Trying outside will alert Spirit Empire to your skills."

"Senior Tang San, my seventh spirit skill also gave me a domain for my spirit."

"What can it do?"

Instead of telling him, she murmured, "Clear Crystal Domain."

A silver-white atmosphere suddenly washed over the whole room. Tang San could feel his senses gradually fading. His eyes widened.

"Such a strong domain! This reminds me of Sea Fantasy Douluo's innate domain."

Ru Shenqi recalled her domain. She swiftly launched her right arm bone skill, and Tang San dodged out of the way just as claws cam swiping in front of him.

"Impressive. Only twelve and you are already at the Spirit Saint level and have four spirit bones."

"Senior Tang San is even more impressive. Having twin spirits is a rarity."

He chuckled, "Someday, you might surpass my talent in one spirit. You've definitely broken all of the records us Shrek Seven Devils made when we were still students."

"Senior Tang San... can I ask you a question?"

"Sure."

"Do you think the Supreme Pontiff will send people after me once the Advanced Spirit Master Grand Competition is over? She gave me honorary status as her mentee, so Spirit Empire has to treat me as such."

Tang San's eyes widened. "I didn't know about that bit. Hmm, we'll just have to see. I doubt Hu Liena will want to deal with the Shrek Five Devils and Tang Sect. For the most part, she also won't attack in Heaven Dou City so blatantly. I think you'll be safe with us."

Ru Shenqi bit her lip and nodded. "Mom thought she'd be safe in Vast Sea City. But Spirit Empire still killed her and Dad."

"If you want to fight against Spirit Empire in the future, then you must grow stronger. Yes, you're already a Spirit Saint, but Spirit Empire has a large number of spirit master that are Spirit Kings and higher. Us Shrek Five Devils will oversee your training, making sure you grow in the way you should. Also, you're still young. Give yourself some time to grow up. I didn't start taking my revenge for my parents until I was twenty three. I know how much it hurts, but patience is key."

She sighed and accepted his advice.

"Now, what I really wanted to discuss with you was a way to defeat Spirit Empire's Platinum Generation. Do you have any strategies that might work?"

Ru Shenqi glanced at him before nodding. "After my spirit evolved, all of my spirit skills reached new heights. Adding in the fact that all of us are stronger, that means that my sixth spirit skill will be more powerful. I think the only way to effectively win is to start with Pack Hunt. Grandmaster forbid my God powers, so it's the strongest skill I have. Xingyun and I can combine our Death God Domains, giving us extra restricting capabilities. The others' skills are also tyrannical, and they know how to use them to the best of their abilities."

"As a Control System spirit master, you must think of the best way to win without hurting your opponents. Are you sure Pack Hunt will work?"

"When we're in it, we can't be harmed. As long as we can maintain it, all attacks are useless against us."

Shock splashed across Tang San's face. "Grandpa Sword didn't say anything about that."

"He doesn't know. Though we used it, he was trapped by our array. Only those outside of it can attempt to attack us."

"Why do you want to use it first?"

A smirk spread across her lips. "It use to only target single opponents. But after evolving, it can target five at the most."

Truly tyrannical, Tang San thought. To be able to crowd attack five spirit masters at once... with all of them being Spirit Kings and higher, how scary will that be to see?

"Do you have any other restrictions other than your God power?"

She nodded. "My bracelet. Grandmaster doesn't want all of Spirit Empire to find out I'm associated with Ru Zuanshi. Though the Golden Generation already knows, that's only three people."

"Laoshi must be worried they'll find out who you really are. The longer they're unaware, the safer you will be."

Hi all! I'm done with my midterms now, so I should be uploading almost daily again. As always, thanks for all the love and support!

6