70. Land or Ocean? Or Stars?
176 0 4
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The Shrek Six Tyrants rejoiced. Ma Hongjun breathed a sigh of relief. But they were all surprised by her eyes. They had once again evolved in color, and were now a clear blue that radiated the glory of the sea. She resembled Bo Saixi so much that Ma Hongjun gave an involuntary shiver.

"What?" she had asked them upon seeing their original dumbfounded expressions.

Gu Xingyun had explained her situation, and she had tilted her head in contemplation. After undergoing Tang San and Xiao Wu's combined teachings over the past five years, her perceptiveness and spiritual force had risen greatly. It only took her a few moments to realize it had to do with her mother's bloodline.

"I see. So being on the sea brings great benefits to me. My spiritual force has taken another qualitative leap."

Ma Hongjun didn't know whether or not to share Xiao Bai's information, so he withheld it for the moment.

Shu Jiaxiang said, "Xiao Shen, you've been asleep for two days. We're supposed to compete with your old classmates today."

Ru Shenqi's eyes widened. "That's right!"

Ma Hongjun went up deck and started to sail back towards Vast Sea City. The Tyrants were planning to go up, but Ru Shenqi stayed back.

"You all go on up. I'll just be a minute."

They reluctantly nodded and left her. They had sensed a change in their friend after she had been reminded about this upcoming exhibition. They didn't know why, but it felt like she was dreading the encounter.

Once her friends were gone, Ru Shenqi sighed. She sat back down on the bed and twiddled her fingers.

"Li Zhonghe, Bo Xuanqi, Ai Yonggan, Sikong Yao(1), Gan Qingqing(2), I wonder how you've all improved over the past decade..."

<><><>

When they docked at Vast Sea City, the Shrek Seven Tyrants left Ma Hongjun behind and raced towards the Spirit Arena. Since they were fighting Ocean Spirit Masters on their turf, they needed all the power they could get, hence why they hurriedly went hunting for Gu Xingyun's seventh ring.

Inside the Vast Sea City's Great Spirit Arena, the announcer called out, "Today, ladies and gentlemen, we're going to have a very spectacular sight. Vast Sea City's own Five Terrors will be battling seven land spirit masters who call themselves the Shrek Seven Tyrants! We've all heard of the Shrek Seven Devils, and these Tyrants are their Juniors. Can they defeat Vast Sea City's Five Terrors in water?!"

The crowd cheered and chanted, "FIVE TERRORS! FIVE TERRORS! FIVE TERRORS!"

Five people stepped up onto the stage. One of the two guys had silvery hair, black eyes, and a sun-tanned complexion. He wore a beige cotton shirt, long white pants, and brown shoes. The other guy had startling electric blue hair, red eyes, and a sun-tanned complexion. He wore a brown leather vest that displayed his six-pack abs and skin-tight khaki colored pants along with black boots. As for the girls, the tallest one had fair skin and mid-length brunette hair. She wore a peach colored, knee-length sundress and white flared heels. The girl on her right also had a fair complexion, but blonde hair that fell down her back. She wore a maroon jumpsuit that was tight-fitting and black heeled boots. The last girl had short, deep coal black hair and a fair complexion. She wore a sunset orange, knee-length sundress and silver stiletto heels.

"Now, let us welcome these newcomers, the Shrek Seven Tyrants!"

Silence. Of course the residents wouldn't cheer for people they didn't know. And land spirit masters at that. But when no one appeared on stage, eyebrows began to furrow.

The brunette scoffed, "What? Are the land spirit masters scared they can't defeat us with this water stage?"

The Vast Sea City stage was much different from other Spirit Arenas. Instead of a solid platform to fight on, there was a giant pool. This pool was one hundred and eight meters in diameter and ten meters deep.

The man with silvery hair chastised, "Give them a few more minutes. Perhaps they couldn't find the Vast Sea City Great Spirit Arena."

Just then, seven figures burst in. One in a white ankle-length dress, one in a purple catsuit, one in a black mid-thigh-length dress, one in a lavender purple dress, one in a light grey suit that was similar to Dai Mubai's, one in plainer black clothes, and one in a gold and white outfit likened to Tang San's.

They dashed up towards the platform that jutted out over the pool a bit. After sprinting there, they bent over with their hands on their knees, panting.

Ru Shenqi gasped out, "We're here!"

The Five Terrors looked at the slightly sorry sight in front of them. These out-of-breath spirit masters were the so called Shrek Seven Tyrants?

The announcer awkwardly cleared her throat. "Uh, well, now that both teams are here, and this is an exhibition match, I'll let both sides introduce themselves."

Ru Shenqi waved towards her old peers. "You go first, let us catch our breaths."

"Er..."

Finally, the silver haired man cleared his throat and nodded. "We'll do as you say then."

He addressed them, bowing slightly, and said, "I'm Li Zhonghe, Captain of the Five Terrors. My spirit is the Devil Eyed Shark, and I'm a fifty sixth ranked Power Attack System Battle Spirit Master."

His spirit released, and the dorsal fin appeared on his back as his eyes sharpened. Two yellow, two purple, and one black spirit rings descended around him.

The guy next to him bowed and said, "I'm Bo Xuanqi, member of the Five Terrors. My spirit is the Gilded Sea Serpent, and I'm a fifty fourth ranked Agility Attack System Battle Spirit Master."

His smooth skin turned to scales as his eyes turned snake-like. Two yellow, two purple, and one black spirit ring descended around him.

The brunette girl raised her chin haughtily. Ru Shenqi silently scoffed.

"I'm Ai Yonggan, Vice-Captain of the Five Terrors. My spirit is the Giant Scaled Koi, and I'm a fifty fourth ranked Power Attack System Battle Spirit Master."

Her hair turned orange-red and an apparition of her spirit faintly flickered behind her. Two yellow, two purple, and one black spirit ring descended around her. 

The blonde haired girl bowed politely. "I'm Sikong Yao, member of the Five Terrors. My spirit is the Deep Sea Titan Octopus, and I'm a fifty fifth ranked Control System Battle Spirit Master."

Eight dark blue octopus legs spread out from her as two yellow, two purple, and one black spirit rings descended around her.

The girl with coal black hair bowed also. "I'm Gan Qingqing, member of the Five Terrors. My spirit is the Amber Starfish, and I'm a fifty third ranked Auxiliary System Spirit Master."

The starfish appeared in her hand, spinning similar to Fang Youyou's lotus. Two yellow, two purple, and one black spirit rings descended around her.

By this time, the Shrek Seven Tyrants had caught their breaths and stood straight. Devilish grins spread across their lips.

"Suyin, you first," Ru Shenqi suggested.

Liao Suyin nodded and said, "I'm Liao Suyin, member of the Shrek Seven Tyrants. My spirit is the Jade Poison Tarantula, and I'm a sixty fifth ranked Power Attack System Battle Spirit Master."

Eight jade legs spread out from her back. Two yellow, two purple, and two black spirit rings descended around her.

Eyes widened. Gasps abounded throughout the Great Spirit Arena. The Five Terrors were shocked.

Without waiting long, a voice rang, "I'm Shu Jiaxiang, member of the Shrek Seven Tyrants. My spirit is the Shadow Cheetah, and I'm a sixty fifth ranked Agility Attack System and Power Attack System Battle Spirit Master."

Her cheetah ears grew, and her nails lengthened into claws. Two yellow, two purple, and two black spirit rings descended around her.

"WHAT IS THIS?! SPIRIT EMPERORS SO YOUNG?!" the crowd erupted.

"I'm Bai Shanxin, member of the Shrek Seven Tyrants. My spirit is the Needle-Tailed Swift, and I'm a sixty fifth ranked Agility Attack System Battle Spirit Master."

As her wings spread from her back, she flew up into the air. Two yellow, two purple, and two black spirit rings descended around her.

"AIYA!!!!!"

"Youyou," Ru Shenqi murmured.

He smiled. "I'm Fang Youyou, member of the Shrek Seven Tyrants. My spirit is the Rainbow Colored Flowering Lotus, and I'm a sixty sixth ranked Auxiliary System Spirit Master."

His lotus appeared in his hands as two yellow, two purple, two black spirit rings descended around him.

"EH, WHAT? AN EVEN STRONGER SPIRIT MASTER?!"

What the Shrek Seven Tyrants lacked in turf dominance, they made up for in strength and spirit power.

Guessing their Soul's intent, Ming Yong announced, "I'm Ming Yong, member of the Shrek Seven Tyrants. My spirit is the Seven Stringed Dragon Qin, and I'm a sixty seventh ranked Spirit System Spirit Master."

His ebony qin appeared in front of him. Two yellow, two purple, two black spirit rings descended around him.

"BY THE HEAVENS, WHAT IS THIS TEAM?!?!?!"

Ocean Spirit Masters rarely saw Spirit System Spirit Masters, so the Five Terrors worried about Ming Yong the most, currently.

But they had only introduced five of the seven. They were forgetting about their Vice-Captain and Captain.

"I'm Gu Xingyun, Crown Prince of Guang Kingdom in Xing Luo Empire, and Vice-Captain of the Shrek Seven Tyrants."

Upon hearing his title, the spirit masters faltered. A prince of Xing Luo? In Vast Sea City? What were these Land Spirit Masters doing here?

"My spirit is the Golden Heavenly Lion, and I'm a seventy second ranked Power Attack System Battle Spirit Master."

Upon hearing his rank, screams exploded.

"WHAT?! A SPIRIT SAINT SO YOUNG?! HOW CAN THE FIVE TERRORS COMPARE?!"

Off to the side, Cang Huaban and Bing Dadao nodded, pleased. "Xiao Shen has found strong friends. They'll keep her safe."

Gu Xingyun's spirit erupted. Fur covered his body, and his claws came out. Two yellow, one purple, and four black spirit rings descended around him. Seeing his surprising spirit ring configuration, the Five Terrors' eyes widened. They started to feel dread in their hearts.

How are these land spirit masters so powerful so young? How did they get ahead?

Even Bing Dadao and Cang Huaban hadn't been expecting another one of them to have a shocking spirit ring configuration.

Just then, the last of the Shrek Seven Tyrants stepped forward. Her appearance had changed greatly, but Li Zhonghe got a faint sense of resemblance.

"Who are you?" he asked suddenly. "Have we met before?"

Ru Shenqi took another step forward. With cold eyes, her slaughter intent started to appear. The Shrek Six Tyrants shared a look.

Turning her gaze on the brunette, she spoke darkly, "It's been ten long years. You could never hold a candle to me before. What makes you think you can now, Ai Yonggan?"

"Do you think you're better than me? I can tell your teammates are all older than you. I'm an eighteen year old Spirit King!"

Ru Shenqi laughed maniacally, "Hahahahaha! A lowly Spirit King? At eighteen?"

Bo Xuanqi asked, "Are you insane?"

She smirked. "No. I'm the captain of the Shrek Seven Tyrants. I am a seventy ninth ranked Control System Battle Spirit Master."

Jaws dropped. But the Five Terrors didn't believe her.

"Yeah, right. You're just our age, and their youngest!" Gan Qingqing cried. "There's no way you could-"

But then, her spirit flashed. Her eyes turned silver-white, and her seven rings descended.

Black.

Black.

Black.

Black.

Red.

Red.

Red.

The normal belief that was that spirit rings couldn't be faked. So waves and waves of shock rippled through the crowd. Not only her spirit ring number, but her tyrannical configuration.

"Xiao Shen," Li Zhonghe breathed in realization.

Taking their shock into account, Ru Shenqi roared, "Xingyun, now!"

Their voices blended into roaring, "Death God Domain, Evolved Skill: Demon Hell!"

Their icy aura, slaughter intent, and heinous spirit froze the pool, letting the ones of them who couldn't fly run across the water. The Shrek Seven Tyrants burst forward.

Bai Shanxin and Shu Jiaxiang's wings spread. Gu Xingyun roared and dashed forward. Fang Youyou's petals flew out.

"First spirit skill, Flowering Lotus Blossom. Fourth spirit skill, Flowering Lotus Ten Ton. Fifth spirit skill, Flowering Lotus Regrowth."

Shu Jiaxiang launched her first spirit skill and disappeared. Ming Yong's fingers rested over his qin strings, waiting on Ru Shenqi's command. Ru Shenqi spread her Ultimate Darkness Wings.

"Seventh spirit skill, Golden Heavenly Lion Spirit Avatar!" Gu Xingyun entered the spirit avatar state and began his twenty four round strike. It could attack multiple opponents at once, so he did everything he could to begin with, going after the three closest to him. Fear filled Sikong Yao, Bo Xuanqi, and Gan Qingqing.

Shu Jiaxiang launched her fifth spirit skill, Shadow Cheetah Multiply. She copied herself into twenty clones and all used her second spirit skill, Shadow Cheetah Claw, to swipe at Li Zhonghe and Ai Yonggan. Bai Shanxin and Liao Suyin teamed up to help Gu Xingyun. Ru Shenqi and Fang Youyou held back.

Under the Shrek Seven Tyrants' tyranny, how could the Five Terrors stand a chance?

"Seventh spirit skill, Clear Crystal Eyes Spirit Avatar."

As her body became crystalline, her spirit power rose by twenty percent.

"Third spirit skill, Flowering Lotus Regrowth!"

After being boosted by Fang Youyou, her eyes glinted.

With a bored voice, Ru Shenqi commanded, "Surround them."

Her companions did as they were told. they knew her plan. Divide, conquer, and rule.

Once they had surrounded the Five Terrors, the perfect number for her spirit skills.

She descended to the ground.

"Sixth spirit skill..." Her red century millennium spirit ring lit up. "Clear Crystal Pack Hunt."

All seven lit up as pillars of spirit power. Eyes widened.

"A CROWD CONTROL SKILL?!" the crowd gasped in shock.

Ru Shenqi finished, "Pack Howl!"

Their combined spirit power condensed. From the gathering of all seven, five attacks shot out.

"AHHHHHHH!!!!!" the Five Terrors screamed in horror.

"A CROWD ATTACK SKILL?! THIS IS TOO MUCH!!!!"

When Pack Hunt finished, the Five Terrors spit out mouthfuls of blood. Ru Shenqi's eyes blazed.

"Ai Yonggan, Gan Qingqing, Sikong Yao, you three all bullied me when we were at Vast Sea City Primary Academy. Li Zhonghe, Bo Xuanqi, you two saw me as freaks. Well, I am a monster. I am a monster of Shrek Academy, the school for monsters. Today... you will all see the spirit master I have become. Today... you will see how I rid Vast Sea City of Spirit Empire. Today... you will see why I am called Little God, why I am called Hell's Little Empress."

She released her innate Fire Dragon Domain. Released her Ultimate Darkness Wings once more, she launched her Ultimate Darkness Straight Line right at them. Within seconds, her White Wolf Emperor left leg bone emerged and she sped over to them. Her Jester Tarsier King right arm bone emerged, and Jester Hands launched. She struck out at them, sending all five flying back ten meters and coughing out more blood.

"Xiao Shen," Li Zhonghe murmured sadly. "I didn't understand back then, but I never saw you as a freak. If that's what you think, then I'm sorry."

But her fury, her pain, and her secrets had been pent up for too long. She roared and explosive power surged from her.

As she launched her seventh spirit skill, she also released her tyrannical domain.

"Clear Crystal Domain!"

The Five Terrors started to notice their weakening senses. For a spirit master, this was a frightful thing. Ru Shenqi was a monster among monsters.

But they couldn't escape her domain either. The Shrek Six Tyrants sighed. They realized this was Ru Shenqi's vengeance. Her moment to show the ones who had hurt her that she would never be hurt again.

Ma Hongjun approached the stage. His eyes widened when he noticed the thread of Tang San's spirit power hover around her. But it was unravelling fast. His eyes widened.

Oh no.

He released his wings and flew forward. "Xiao Shen! STOP NOW!"

But she refused to listen. Her pain was overwhelming. After having lost her parents, she was bullied by her classmates. How couldn't she hold such pain in her heart?

When the thread snapped, she screamed in pain.

Gu Xingyun launched himself forward into the air, activating his sixth spirit skill to protect himself. "XIAO SHEN!"

"XINGYUN, DON'T GET NEAR HER! SAN GE'S SEAL BROKE!"

Realizing what was happening, the Shrek Six Tyrants watched in horror as nine-pointed stars erupted from Ru Shenqi. They flew out, heading for them and for the Five Terrors. Without Ru Shenqi's crowd protection Clear Crystal Armor, they could only do their best. They shot forward and helped the Five Terrors defend themselves from God powers. But the stars cut at Ru Shenqi herself. She screamed as her God power began to consume her.

Ma Hongjun burned his way through the stars to reach her. He used his spirit power as best as he could to seal her God powers again, but he wasn't Tang San. Panic filled his eyes.

San Ge, where's the seal when we need it? This will destroy her.

"Senior," Gu Xingyun roared. "What is happening?!"

"Not here! Lend me your spirit power, all of you!"

The Shrek Six Tyrants did first. Then, the Five Terrors did. Finally Cang Huaban and Bing Dadao did as well. With all of their spirit power, Ma Hongjun was able to reseal her God powers. He caught Ru Shenqi in his arms and flew down, handing him over to Gu Xingyun.

"Xiao Shen... she?"

Ma Hongjun shook his head and nodded over towards the Five Terrors. Getting his meaning, the Shrek Six Tyrants did ask anymore. He looked towards the announcer.

"I'm taking these youths away. They've shown their strength against Ocean Spirit Masters. We need to see to Xiao Shen's wounds."

The Shrek graduates left the Great Spirit Arena. Back on Dragon Abyss Boat, Ma Hongjun laid Ru Shenqi down on one of the beds below.

"Senior," Gu Xingyun asked worriedly. "What happened?"

Ma Hongjun sighed and looked at the others. "San Ge sealed Xiao Shen's God powers because they grew too powerful. The stars were backfiring and harming her. But the seal broke, and she started to lose control again. She needs to focus on cultivation and becoming a Title Douluo so she's strong enough to handle the Goddess of Nine Stars God seat once more."

"This has happened before?" they cried.

He nodded. "Right before Xiao Shen went to meet you at Shrek Academy, San Ge healed her wounds so she wouldn't show them. But her closed-door cultivation was because of her God powers. It was so that she didn't hurt anyone else. The only problem is, is that it hurt her."

Gu Xingyun sat down on the bed and held her hand in his. "Senior, will she be alright when she wakes up?"

"The stars attacked her while she was in her spirit avatar state. She shouldn't be harmed too much. She's just worn out, mostly." Ma Hongjun stood up and continued, "I'll let you seven all take turns watching over her. I'm going to into Vast Sea City to find some medicines."

Just then, there was a knock on the boat. "Excuse me, are you Shrek people here?"

4