75. Sea Witch City
183 0 4
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Just then, without either Title Douluo's interference, the Sea Witch Sacred Pillar lit up. Light condensed around Ru Shenqi. The pillar switched from yellow to purple to black in the blink of an eye. After it passed by the Black Level Six marker, the pillar turned crystalline red. The skies became bloody red.

"Another Peak Level Seven test?" the Title Douluos breathed.

Although it was nothing new to see this arrangement of tests, both Sea Witch Douluo and Sea Dragon Douluo were surprised.

The voice echoed, "Peak Red Level Eight Test. Trial for Heirship of Head Flamen."

Then, the skies cleared and returned to their normal blue color. The two Titled Douluos bowed their heads in respect to the Sea God's orders.

But one thought crossed their minds: Master Bo Saixi was the last person to receive a Peak Level Eight Test.

A Red octagon appeared on Ru Shenqi's forehead.

Her eyes opened, and they seemed as deep as the ocean. Her beauty had transcended another level. She turned towards Sea Witch Douluo.

"I thought I couldn't take the Challenges yet."

"This is unheard of," Sea Dragon Douluo. "Tell me, young Spirit Master, who are your parents?"

"My father is Huo Wushuang; his spirit was the One-Horned Tyrant Dragon. My mother... apparently you all knew her as Bo Zuanshi."

Sea Witch Douluo and Sea Dragon Douluo choked. "YOU'RE BO ZUANSHI'S DAUGHTER?!"

She nodded. Sea Dragon Douluo eyed her. "What's your spirit?"

Ru Shenqi saluted to him. "This Junior greets Senior. I, Ru Shenqi, am a seventy ninth ranked Control System Battle Spirit Master with the Clear Crystal Eyes body spirit."

His eyes bugged. Sea Dragon Douluo couldn't believe it. "How?"

She shrugged. "Luck."

He sighed. "Sea Witch, see them into your city."

She bowed her head. "Alright."

Sea Dragon Douluo turned back to look at the Shrek Seven Tyrants. "You all are important members on Haishen Island. Everyone will treat you with respect. Especially you two with the Peak Level Seven Test and the Peak Level Eight Test. You both can become the next Head Flamen of Haishen Island, but it seems the Sea God wants just one of you to truly take up the position."

The seven bowed as he departed. Once he was gone, Sea Witch Douluo led them into Sea Witch City.

<><><>

After seeing them settled into her mansion, she left to return to the Sacred Pillar. Purple robed spirit masters saw to their needs and brought lunch for them. As they were eating in the large dining room, the purple robed spirit masters eyed them enviously.

"Xiao Shen, Xingyun, do you have the same test as the rest of us?"

They all touched their foreheads to see their first test.

"Traversal of the Sea God's Light," they all murmured.

As the seven opened their eyes, all of their heads bobbed.

"Us with the Black Tests have to travel to the forbidden ground and climb one hundred and eight steps."

Xingyun said, "I have to climb to the hundred and thirty sixth step."

Ru Shenqi murmured, "I have two hundred and and twenty eight steps to climb."

"What is this test? Climbing steps?"

One of the purple spirit masters came forward and explained, "The forbidden ground is the Haishen Hall at the center of Haishen Island. It's the only building at the peak of Haishen Peak as well. It's also the real Haishen Island, also known as the Island within the Island. In front of Haishen Hall is a set of steps. It is these that you must traverse. Altogether, there are one thousand and one steps. Not every spirit master can enter the forbidden ground; only spirit masters of Black Level Tests and higher can undergo Transversal; and only permitted spirit masters of purple level or higher can worship in Haishen Hall."

"Ohh," all seven breathed. "Thank you."

The purple robed spirit master bowed. "Whenever you distinguished guests are ready, we can escort you to the forbidden ground."

Ru Shenqi nodded. "We'll go first thing tomorrow. All of us are in need of a good rest first."

"As you wish."

The purple robed spirit master retreated back to his spot.

Fang Youyou continued, "We have a year to climb steps. Surely there's gotta be a catch here, right?"

"My mother always said how Haishen Island had tricks up its sleeves. You're right. It can't be easy as just climbing steps. There must be something else."

"We'll see tomorrow," Shu Jiaxiang added. "For now, Xiao Shen is right. We need to get a good night's rest to be at top peak for tomorrow."

<><><>

After lunch, the Shrek Six Tyrants retired to their rooms to cultivate. Ru Shenqi presented the Divine Amber Seagull left arm bone to Ming Yong, who started to absorb it. She left the City Lord's Mansion and headed towards the Sea Witch Sacred Pillar.

"Jie jie," she called out as she approached.

Sea Witch Douluo burst forth from her Sea Within a Sea. "You're asking for me?"

Ru Shenqi nodded. "I wonder if Jie jie has seen this diadem before?"

Sea Witch Douluo peered at the magical item that had attached itself to Ru Shenqi's forehead. She shook her head.

"No, but if it's what I think it is, then I've heard of it."

"Could Jie jie enlighten me then?"

"That should be the Penta Divine Pearl Diadem. According to legend, it was created by the Sea God for his beloved. But unfortunately, she died and it was lost to time. Legend says that there's three abilities to it."

"I've guessed there's three abilities."

Sea Witch Douluo nodded. "Yes. The first is said to be a defense skill. It can call waves and create a tsunami to barricade enemies."

"Is that Divine Pearl Sea Gate then?"

"Perhaps. The second ability can be said to be an offensive skill. It can call storms and attack with water and lightning."

"Then that must be Divine Pearl Sea Assault."

"Correct. The last one is actually a support skill. It's also the scariest ability and why it's name is feared amongst the Ocean Spirit Masters. This support skill supposedly can not only remove fatigue and strengthen spirit masters but also put them into a hyper-powered state, increasing their attack power by one hundred percent. The reason why it's fearsome... is because there's no limit to the number of spirit masters it can support. And since it's a magical item, there shouldn't be any harm to you when you use it."

Ru Shenqi's eyebrows rose as she breathed, "Divine Pearl Sea Life."

Sea Witch Douluo nodded. "Yes. These three skills can help you greatly. Not only here on Haishen Island, but also on Douluo Continent. Though we're in the middle of the ocean, we still know about events on the Continent. We know about Spirit Empire and Lord Sea God's battle with them. If you and your friends can grow stronger here, then the Continent and Lord Sea God will have more help. Focus on cultivating her, mei mei. When you return to the Continent... show them the Power of the Ocean."

Ru Shenqi's clear blue eyes shined with determination. "I will. I won't let the spirit masters, Land or Ocean, down. Spirit Empire has been a tyranny on Douluo Continent for far too long. They're the reason why my parents are dead. I will not rest until I destroy Spirit Empire once and for all."

Sea Witch Douluo gasped, "Bo Zuanshi is dead?!"

Sadness washed over Ru Shenqi. She nodded. "My parents died at sea when I was four."

"An Ocean Spirit Master dying at sea? There's no way unless it was an ocean spirit beast or foul play."

And so, Ru Shenqi told Sea Witch Douluo about everything that had happened. When she had finished, Sea Witch Douluo's hands clenched.

"I must go to Haishen Hall and call for a meeting with the other Sacred Pillar Protectors. This is a blunt attack on Haishen Island! We will not stand for this!"

Before she could say anything, Sea Witch Douluo had already left. Standing alone on the Sacred Pillar Platform, gaping, she shook her head.

That Jie jie is something.

She used her White Wolf Emperor right leg bone and sped back to Sea Witch City. Back in the City Lord's Mansion, she returned to her room and sat down on the bed, beginning to cultivate.

The Shrek Seven Tyrants came out of cultivation for dinner, and went right back afterwards. They cultivated all night, and in the morning, met up in the dining room. Breakfast was brought out by yellow robed spirit masters this time and placed in front of them. After they ate, they sought out the purple robed spirit masters.

When they finally found them, they followed the Ocean Spirit Masters away from Sea Witch City towards the forbidden ground.

Haishen Island... we Shrek Seven Tyrants will tackle your Challenges. We won't back down. We have a Continent to save. We will succeed.

"The forbidden ground is three hundred li11 li = 500 meters from Sea Witch City. Follow us."

The purple robes spirit masters released their spirits. The Shrek Seven Tyrants followed suit.

Three hundred li wasn't terrible, but it would still take them most of the day, even at top speed. Soon, the Shrek Seven Tyrants began to see the difference between Land and Ocean Spirit Masters. Normally, the Ocean Spirit Master perhaps could've been able to outrun them. But they were on land. The Shrek Seven Tyrants had no difficulty keeping up, and Ru Shenqi was even side-by-side with them thanks to her century millennium year White Wolf Emperor left leg spirit bone. Bai Shanxin, as a member of the Speed Clan, was obviously next. Shu Jiaxiang followed with her agility and Six Purple Light Wings External Spirit Bone. Liao Suyin, with her Demon Eyed Tarantula right leg bone, was on par with Gu Xingyun who used his higher spirit power to rush faster. Fang Youyou and Ming Yong were last, mostly because they were the least physically fit of all of them, and they didn't have external boosts like all of the girls. But all Seven were still able to keep up with no troubles.

As they finally broke through the dense grove, a stunning scene greeted them. The sun was already setting, and the reflection sparkled on the clear and crystalline water that encircled a small island by two hundred meters. The ground on the island was high, up to five hundred meters. What was most astounding was that this little island was drenched in golden light. And at the top of that small island a square, domed, white building sat. It seemed to be one giant white rock pillar after another. The building was sparkling and translucent, seeming to have a divine radiance. In front of it, a set of stairs were built into the mountainside.

"We're here," the purple robed spirit masters breathed in reverence as they bowed low.

"This is the forbidden ground?" the Shrek Seven Tyrants gasped. "It's beautiful."

The Ocean Spirit Masters nodded. "That building is Haishen Hall. Inside, Sea Dragon Douluo watches over the whole island. Our Head Flamen usually resides there, but until a new one emerges, Sea Dragon Douluo holds the temporary position as the strongest spirit master on the island."

"Ohh."

The Shrek Seven Tyrants looked amongst one another.

"Let's go."

They shot forward and dashed over the two hundred meter long water. When they landed at the base of the stairs, they looked up, silently counting the stairs.

Their First Test, Transversal... was about to officially begin.

Hey everyone! I'm starting my Fall Break so I might not upload as consistently this coming week. As always, thank you for all the love and support! Like this work if you enjoy it!

4