82. Rematch
183 0 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Three days later, the Shrek Seven Tyrants along with the Five Terrors, Bing Dadao, Cang Huaban, and Qing Qiangda stood on the battlement wall. Ru Shenqi's spirit was activated, spreading out fifty kilometers150 km is about 32 miles on the flat land. She watched as Spirit Empire's troops drew closer and closer. When the others could finally see, they saw the Platinum Generation along with Storm Douluo, Peacock Douluo, and Gilded Umbrella Douluo leading the army unit towards Vast Sea City.

Gu Xingyun gasped, "They even brought three Titled Douluos?"

Shu Jiaxiang sighed, "They really do mean to raze Vast Sea City."

Ru Shenqi snarled, "I won't let that happen. I might not be able to avenge my parents today, but we can still complete our missions."

The other six nodded in agreement. "Jiayou2a Chinese cheer, translatable to many English phrases like "Let's go!", "We got this!", "Come on!", etc.!"

Ai Yonggan muttered, "Why did Headmaster Bing put you Land Spirit Masters in charge anyways? Vast Sea City is our home."

Ming Yong turned towards her and replied, "Vast Sea City does belong to you. But this fight will be on land. As Land Spirit Masters, this is our turf. Spirit Empire's spirit masters are Land Spirit Masters as well. Miss Ai, have you ever heard the phrase, 'It takes one to know one' ?"

Fang Youyou, Liao Suyin, and Bai Shanxin snickered behind him. Ai Yonggan hmphed and crossed her arms. Li Zhonghe bowed his head.

"You beat us in our own environment. We'll listen to you."

Ru Shenqi smirked as she watched the Platinum Generation dash forward. The three Douluos remained behind with the troops.

To her friends only, she communicated, "Anyone ready for a rematch? Let's show that Platinum Generation what it's like to be Spirit Saints and Spirit Douluos."

Her friends chuckled and leapt down from the battlements with her. The Five Terrors were just about to follow when Bing Dadao stopped them. "Let them go first. The Shrek Seven Tyrants know their spirits and spirit skills much better than you five do."

Suddenly, Ru Shenqi's voice rang out, "HAHAHA, DUAN ZHELIANG, DID YOU MISS US?! IS THAT WHY YOU'VE RETURNED TO VAST SEA CITY? WELL, WE'LL WELCOME YOU THEN! HOW ABOUT A REMATCH, FOR YOUR LOSS AT THE ADVANCED SPIRIT MASTER GRAND COMEPTITION?!"

"XIAO NUHUANG!" seven voices rose to roar. "EAT YOUR WORDS!"

Their seven spirits released. Forty four spirit rings lit up. Duan Zheliang and Sun Tianzhao had broken through into the Spirit Sage realm. But Ruo Yingyue, Li Xiurong, Mu Jingmu, Ye Zhuwei, and Zuo Dongmei were still Spirit Emperors. The Shrek Seven Tyrants landed on the ground and walked forward to meet their opponents, laughing as they did so.

"Hahaha, have you realized how slow cultivation is now?" Gu Xingyun asked.

The Platinum Generation saw the Black Hexagrams on Ming Yong, Fang Youyou, Shu Jiaxiang, Bai Shanxin, and Liao Suyin's foreheads and the Red Heptagrams on Gu Xingyun and Ru Shenqi's foreheads. But they didn't understand what they were for. They growled. "So what? Surely you seven aren't much higher than us?"

Duan Zheliang said, "I'm a seventy second ranked Spirit Saint."

Sun Tianzhao said, "I'm a seventieth ranked Spirit Saint."

Ruo Yingyue said, "I'm a sixty seventh ranked Spirit Emperor."

Li Xiurong said, "I'm a sixty seventh ranked Spirit Emperor."

Mu Jingmu said, "I'm a sixty ninth ranked Spirit Emperor."

Ye Zhuwei said, "I'm a sixty ninth ranked Spirit Emperor."

Zuo Dongmei said, "I'm a sixty eighth ranked Spirit Emperor."

The Five Terrors realized that they were no match for Spirit Empire's Platinum Generation. They were either just broken through the sixtieth rank or just reaching it. But the seven facing the Shrek Seven Tyrants were reaching and breaking through the seventieth rank.

Bai Shanxin smirked. "Not bad. But you will never be able to catch up with us!"

Mu Jingmu growled, "Then what are you at?"

The Shrek Seven Tyrants smirked. The Five Terrors leaned forward over the battlements, wanting to hear. Ever since the Shrek Seven Tyrants had returned to Vast Sea City, they hadn't figured out their spirit power ranks yet.

The Shrek Six Tyrants released their spirits. An equal forty four spirit rings glowed. The Five Terrors and the Platinum Generation gaped at the six red century millennium spirit rings. On top of that there were also the fact that none of them had yellow spirit rings anymore. The lowest were four purple rings and Gu Xingyun's first three purple spirit rings.

"Bai Shanxin, seventy ninth ranked Spirit Saint."

"Liao Suyin, seventy ninth ranked Spirit Saint."

"Shu Jiaxiang, seventy ninth ranked Spirit Saint."

"Fang Youyou, seventy ninth ranked Spirit Saint."

"Ming Yong, eighty first ranked Spirit Douluo."

"Gu Xingyun, eighty third ranked Spirit Douluo."

The Platinum Generations' faces paled. The Five Terrors nearly fell off the battlements from shock.

In just two and a half years, most of the Shrek Seven Tyrants had gained over ten ranks and dumbfounding spirit ring configurations! This was unprecedented, especially for higher spirit power levels!

But then, everyone realized Ru Shenqi hadn't spoke. She was twirling her long sea foam white hair innocently. When she finally looked up, her eyes flashed silver-white as her spirit released.

Her four black, three red, and one grey spirit ring descended as her voice dripped, "Xiao Nuhuang, eighty ninth ranked Spirit Douluo."

The Platinum Generation gulped. Eighty ninth ranked? She was one step away from becoming a Titled Douluo! The Five Terrors shuddered.

But then, Ruo Yingyue sneered, "A grey spirit ring? Are you sure you not somehow faking things?!"

"You're lucky my eighth is grey. It means I can't use it," Ru Shenqi snapped back. "Otherwise, it would be red also."

Ruo Yingyue snapped her mouth shut. Four black and four red spirit rings were not things she wanted to mess with. But as a member of Spirit Empire's Platinum Generation, tasked with the mission of killing the Shrek Seven Tyrants, she would have to face Ru Shenqi and her friends.

With that, the Shrek Seven Tyrants all released their Spirit Avatars. Ru Shenqi had guessed that this battle would be watched by Haishen Island's Sacred Pillar Guardians. Therefore, as much as she wanted to use their spirit fusion skills, she knew she had to leave trump cards just in case.

This time, she trusted her friends to fight and fight hard. They had all gone through the same spirit power training, physical training, and combat training on Haishen Island. Fighting on land would be no problem. The Shrek Seven Tyrants just had to hope that the Titled Douluos wouldn't interfere much.

As the battle between the Platinum Generation and the Shrek Seven Tyrants began, Bing Dadao, Cang Huaban, Qing Qiangda, and the Five Terrors leapt down from the battlements as the doors to Vast Sea City opened. An army of Ocean Spirit Masters surged out, heading for the Titled Douluo and Spirit Empire's troops.

Gu Xingyun's attack prowess surged. His halberd appeared in his hand as he threw it at Zuo Dongmei. Bai Shanxin's skull bone began to suck the aura from Li Xiurong. Ming Yong's tyrannical seventh song played, forcing the Platinum Generation's minds to go blank. They were sitting ducks.

Shu Jiaxiang shot forward and used her Shadow Cheetah Claw to swipe at them. She also released her fog, poisoning them. A tornado appeared as Bai Shanxin's sixth spirit ring lit up. Duan Zheliang was the first to break out of her skull bone's skill. He drew an array with his Ink Brush.

"Abyssal dread, one's heart turns black."

As his seventh spirit ring lit up, ink poured from the tip of his brush. The Shrek Seven Tyrants watched as the ink formed seven figures, resembling them. Then, the ink dummies attacked. But what shocked the Shrek Seven Tyrants the most was that these dummies attacked with the same spirit skills as them!

"Have a taste of my seventh spirit skill," Duan Zheliang said coldly.

"Gather!"

On Ru Shenqi's command, the seven formed a small circle. Gu Xingyun launched his sixth spirit skill, shielding all of them. His skull bone emerged and connected their minds.

Xiao Shen, now what? he asked.

Your eighth spirit skill, it temporarily stops spirit skills! she replied hurriedly. It gives us ten seconds to counterattack.

He nodded, and his eighth spirit ring lit up. "Eighth spirit skill, Royal Heavenly Lion!"

Not only did this skill increase all of his attributes but it also froze the movements of the Platinum Generation and suppressed Duan Zheliang's spirit skill. But... it only lasted for ten seconds.

Xiao Shen? the others asked.

Youyou, boost our spirit power. Then, we'll use Pack Hunt. Without my Death God Domain, Xingyun can still try his, but we've never used it in battle separately. And you guys can't attack under my Clear Crystal Domain. So Pack Hunt is our only option.

They nodded.

"Third spirit skill, Flowering Lotus Regrowth!"

After everyone had received a seventy five percent return on their spirit power, Gu Xingyun brought down his shield. The six shot out to circle the Platinum Generation.

The entire battlefield hear a roar, "SIXTH SPIRIT SKILL, CLEAR CRYSTAL PACK HUNT!!!"

The Five Terrors turned to watch the Shrek Seven Tyrants become pillars of spirit power. Their current attack power for Pack Hunt, after everyone had grown stronger and now gained their Spirit Avatar forms, was now at five hundred percent for each person. That was a tyrannical amount of power!

As their full force converged into one amassed ball, Ru Shenqi concluded, "PACK HOWL!!!"

The ball exploded with seven, seven rays of spirit power shooting towards the Platinum Generation. With everyone's Spirit Avatar boost, the five rays from before had been able to increase to seven. Now, all of the Platinum Generation could be attacked. They, of course, couldn't defend themselves and only feel hatred in their hearts. They were blasted unconscious from the force of Ru Shenqi's sixth spirit skill.

When the light faded, the Five Terrors couldn't believe it.

Ru Shenqi scoffed, "Platinum Generation, what Platinum Generation? They can't even take my sixth spirit skill!"

Her friends chuckled. "Hell's Little Empress, indeed. Say, don't you need us for your sixth skill? What about our contribution?"

She smiled and looked towards the Ocean Spirit Masters fighting Spirit Empire's troops. "Let's go. It's time to rid Vast Sea City of Spirit Empire once and for all."

Gu Xingyun, Bai Shanxin, Liao Suyin, Fang Youyou, Ming Yong, and Shu Jiaxiang nodded. They all dashed over as fast as they could. Soon, they came face-to-face with the three Titled Douluos.

Ru Shenqi snarled, "Storm Douluo Lei Jiyu, if I was at my full strength, I would kill you here today to avenge my parents!"

"Xiao Nuhuang, just who are you? Oh wait, you're a nobody."

Fury blazed in her silver-white eyes. When I become the Head Flamen of Haishen Island, see who I am then!

Resolution set within her. She would pass her Trials and become Haishen Island's Head Flamen.

"I'm a Little Empress, of course," she shot back. "In fact, I'm Hell's Little Empress!"

Her friends were suddenly protected by her shields as her third spirit ring lit up. Then, her seventh appeared.

"Clear Crystal Domain!"

Her friends suddenly realized it. Protected by her spirit skill, they could attack under her domain! As the Titled Douluo lost their senses, four of the Shrek Seven Tyrants shot forward. Ru Shenqi, as the core of the domain, focused on maintaining it. Fang Youyou stood at her left, boosting the others with whatever aids they needed. Ming Yong stood at her right, silently watching and not doing anything since his music would fall on deaf ears. Meanwhile, Gu Xingyun's annihilating sixth spirit skill attacked. Shu Jiaxiang's Shadow Cheetah Claws swiped back and forth. Bai Shanxin's Air Strike and attacked from different sides. Liao Suyin's helpful tarantulas attacked with her. It seemed to be a slaughter.

<><><>

In Haishen Hall, the Seven Pillar Guardians were indeed watching their battle.

Sea Witch Douluo tilted her head, "They can even hold their own against three Land Titled Douluos."

Sea Lance Douluo added, "They've truly grown while they've been here."

Sea Dragon Douluo sighed, "It's a pity that they're Land Spirit Masters. We're not getting any younger, and Haishen Island would flourish if they guarded it."

"At least that Ru Shenqi should become Head Flamen, right?" Seahorse Douluo asked.

"If she accepts the post. As a Land Spirit Master, she may choose to return to Douluo Continent after she's passed her Trials."

Just then, the explosion of light caught their attention.

Spirit Empire's troops had all been killed. The Platinum Generation was unconscious and badly injured. The Titled Douluo were trapped in Ru Shenqi's overbearing domain. It was no wonder that the Sea God had decided that they'd passed their Fourth Trial.

This time, it echoed in their minds as five Black pillars of light and two Red pillars of light surrounded the Shrek Seven Tyrants. "Fourth Trial, Protection, completed. Black Level Six Test Award: spirit power increased one rank. Ming Yong, superimposed reward of one rank increase in spirit power. Red Level Seven Test Award: spirit power increased two ranks. Red Level Eight test Award: spirit power increased one rank, superimposed reward of one rank increase in spirit power."

The screens of light shot back into their foreheads.

Just like that, Shu Jiaxiang and Bai Shanxin and Liao Suyin and Fang Youyou broke through to the eightieth rank. Ming Yong had theoretically increased to the eighty second rank. Gu Xingyun had reached the eighty fifth. And Ru Shenqi grinned victoriously. She had become a ninety first ranked Titled Douluo.

3