107. Return to Heaven Dou City
90 0 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

As the sun dawned in the morning, the Shrek Seven Tyrants ended their cultivation and stood. They exited the room and went in search of Yu Tianheng. When they finally found him outside, he turned and smiled at them.

"I trust the accommodations were okay?"

The seven nodded. Ru Shenqi replied, "Yes. Thank you for letting us stay, but we must get going."

"Understood. Let me go get Tianxin, and then we'll set out."

Yu Tianheng walked disappeared down a hallway and came back a few minutes later with his cousin. "Come, this way."

The Shrek Seven Devils followed the cousins out of the building; and soon, they were winding their way through Spirit City. Since they kept close to the southern edge, none of the nine people realized that Xie Yue was entering the city from the east. He hadn't found the Shrek Seven Tyrants in the Empires' camp. Instead, he had the unfortunate luck of having run into the Tang San and the other Shrek Seven Devils instead. When he went to report back, Hu Liena had flown into a fit of rage. She commanded him to return to Spirit City at once, and so he went.

But thanks to the two Blue Lightning Tyrant Dragons, the Shrek Seven Tyrants managed to reach the west side of Spirit City. At the gate, Yu Tianheng and Yu Tianxin stopped.

"We're here."

Ru Shenqi tipped her head slightly before holding out a seashell. "Thank you for guiding us. In the future, if the Lightning Guards ever need help, just use this conch to contact me. I promise that the Shrek Seven Tyrants will come to your aid."

Yu Tianheng took the conch from her. "Thank you, Xiao Shen. I hope to never have to use this."

She smiled. "I hope for the same. It's for us to go. Again, thank you for escorting us. Good luck with everything."

"You as well."

Then, the Shrek Seven Tyrants departed from Spirit City. Dashing away, they continued on towards Heaven Dou City. The rest of the journey fared smoothly. A few days later, the seven stopped five li12500 meters or 1.55 miles from Heaven Dou City.

"Xiao Shen, what is it?" Shu Jiaxiang asked.

"We have company. Be on guard."

The seven heightened their senses, listening and waiting. Suddenly, they felt an overwhelming pressure. All around them, seven pillars suddenly appeared.

A masculine voice rang out, "How dare Spirit Empire try to attack Heaven Dou City again?"

Ru Shenqi groaned. Not this again. Just because we're strong doesn't mean we're from Spirit Empire!

Even under the intense pressure, she stood tall. But, her friends were not Gods. They were starting to be suppressed. Anger lit in her eyes. She summoned her Golden Scepter immediately and called on the Power of Haishen Hall. Drawing on water from the air and nearby creeks, she walked forward and created a shield around her friends behind her.

With an icy tone, she growled, "No one is allowed to hurt my friends."

Seventh spirit skill, Clear Crystal Eyes Spirit Avatar, launched.

Her eyes flashed brilliantly as her body became crystalline. She rose up into the air and condensed her spirit power into a ball before shooting it right into the center of the five pillars. The hidden formation holders spat blood and couldn't believe someone could so easily break their array. Eyes narrowed all around the Shrek Seven Tyrants. That is, until the one in the air released her spirit rings. When they saw eight red spirit rings and three grey ones, they couldn't believe what they were seeing.

"Youyou!"

"Third spirit skill, Flowering Lotus Regrowth."

A lotus petal flew up and merged with her. After the seventy-five percent restoration of her spirit power, Ru Shenqi closed her eyes and focused all of her spirit power into one of her Divine God Rings. Her eyebrows scrunched as she forced the ring to light back up. Beads of sweat dotted her forehead, and her veins bulged.

"XIAO SHEN!" her friends worriedly roared.

Finally, her second Divine Ring shined a dazzling silver-white. After breathing a sigh of relief, she said, "Second Divine Skill, Spiritual Duplication."

"How is this possible?" Gu Xingyun breathed.

"Xiao Shen forced it. I fear the backlash she'll suffer from this," Ming Yong sighed. "Cheating the Gods won't end well."

But, Ru Shenqi had already guessed from the array who their opponents were. She smirked and said, "Seventh spirit skill of the Clear Sky Hammer: Clear Sky Hammer Spirit Avatar."

The gigantic gavel hammer appeared. Its tyrannical aura matched the God who summoned it. Waving her hand, she easily controlled the Clear Sky Hammer to smash into the ground. All eight people who had come were thrown backwards, all the way into Heaven Dou City. The water shield over her friends suddenly broke as she floated down to the ground. Once her feet touched land, she doubled over, vomiting blood.

"Xiao Shen!"

Gu Xingyun reached her first and caught her in his arms.

"Second spirit skill, Flowering Lotus Eternity."

After receiving Fang Youyou's lotus petal, her internal injuries were fully healed. But, her spirit power was completely depleted. Although Fang Youyou tried to restore that too, it didn't work. The petal lost its rainbow color the moment it touched her. She just shook her head and sighed.

"I sacrificed my spirit power to use my second divine skill. So now, I can't regain it for a week."

"Xiao Shen, why Clear Sky Hammer?" Bai Shanxin asked. "Why not the Sea God?"

"Because it was the seven elders and the head of Clear Sky Clan who had attacked us, thinking we were from Spirit Empire. Remember? Senior Tang San said they would be waiting for us. They just mistook us for enemies."

"Ohh."

"So, you used their spirit to scare them," Liao Suyin snickered. "Xiao Shen, even though you're a Little God, you're still the most playful of us."

"Why not use their own spirit to scare them? Surely they haven't seen a God with the Clear Sky Hammer since Senior Tang San. Plus, they're probably going to wonder who I am now," Ru Shenqi laughed.

Ming Yong frowned. "Xiao Shen, you can't use any of your spirit skills or divine skills for a week. What if we actually come upon some trouble?"

"I still have my Fire Dragon Domain and Death God Domains which don't use spirit power. Also, the Penta Divine Pearl Diadem, the Power of Haishen Hall, and the Power of the Ocean are not restricted by spirit power usage."

Even Gu Xingyun wasn't convinced. "You're the only God among us. And if you can't fight, what are we supposed to do?"

"It's not Xiao Shen's Seven Tyrants, it's Shrek's. All of you have the capability; don't underestimate yourselves because of me."

Shu Jiaxiang spoke up for their youngest. "That's right! We all defeated the Angel Troops and rid Suotuo City of Spirit Empire. Although we're not as tyrannical as Hell's Little Empress, we're still Tyrants!"

"Come on, everyone. I want to see the shocked expressions on those elders' faces," Ru Shenqi smirked.

Her White Wolf Emperor left leg bone emerged, and she shot off. The others did their best to keep up but compared to a God who could run at the speed of light, they still fell behind. Ru Shenqi entered Heaven Dou City first, crossing underneath the front paifang. Waiting for her, were seven old men and one middle-aged man. A light smile spread across her lips as she walked towards them.

"Greetings to the Seven Elders and Head of Clear Sky Clan."

Tang Xiao stepped forward. "Guniang, who are you?"

At that moment, the seven elders' spirits released. Shooting forward to attack, Ru Shenqi summoned the Golden Scepter and slammed it into the ground. The Power of Haishen Hall radiated from it, knocking them backwards. The other six Tyrants had emerged and now walked up to stand next to their captain. Ru Shenqi raised an eyebrow.

"Who dares to attack the alumni of Shrek Academy?"

Tang Xiao's eyes widened. "You all are Xiao San's Juniors?"

The youths nodded. "We are the Shrek Seven Tyrants."

"Ahh, Xiao San mentioned you were coming. I'm terribly sorry for our welcome. We wrongly assumed that you all were from Spirit Empire based on your auras."

Ru Shenqi tilted her head to look at the object in her hand. "Would Spirit Empire be worthy of Haishen Island's Golden Scepter?"

Tang Xiao gaped. "Y- you, guniang, are the Head Flamen of Haishen Island?"

The other six snickered. "Xiao Shen really is a Little God!"

She nodded. "That's right. I took the Sea God's Challenges and received a Peak Level Eight Red Test. Thus, after completion, I became the Head Flamen to succeed Senior Bo Saixi."

"Then, what's your spirit power all at?" the Third Elder asked.

Knowing Ru Shenqi all too well, the Triple Beauties started.

"Liao Suyin, spirit Jade Poison Tarantula, eighty-fifth ranked Power Attack System Battle Spirit Douluo."

"Shu Jiaxiang, spirit Shadow Cheetah, eighty-fifth ranked Power Attack System and Agility Attack System Battle Spirit Douluo."

"Bai Shanxin, spirit Needle-Tailed Swift, eighty-fifth ranked Agility Attack System Battle Spirit Douluo."

As their spirits released, their matching ring configurations glowed brightly around them. Tang Xiao and the Seven Elders stared, stunned. These young ones were almost to the Titled Douluo realm!

"Fang Youyou, spirit Rainbow Colored Flowering Lotus, eighty fifth ranked Auxiliary System Spirit Douluo."

When the eight members of the Clear Sky Clan saw that his spirit ring configuration was the same as the Triple Beauties, they nearly rubbed their eyes from disbelief.

"Aiya, another powerful auxiliary system spirit master?!"

The Triple Beauties and Fang Youyou snickered. "This is nothing compared to the other three of us."

"Gu Xingyun, spirit Golden Heavenly Lion, ninety-sixth ranked Power Attack System Golden Lion Douluo."

"A TITLED DOULUO SO YOUNG?!"

But Gu Xingyun shook his head. "I wasn't able to beat Senior Tang San's record, nor one of my friends' record. But at twenty six, I'm lucky to be a Titled Douluo."

Then, his three purple, three black, and three red spirit rings descended. The seven elders choked.

Tang Xiao cleared his throat and nodded. "Good, good. You're worthy of being my nephew's Juniors."

"Ming Yong, spirit Seven Stringed Dragon Qin, ninety-ninth ranked Dragon Qin Douluo."

"A LIMIT DOULUO?!" the seven elders of the Clear Sky Clan gasped.

His four purple, two black, and three red spirit rings glowed around him. Envy filled the eight men's hearts.

"I'm also currently undergoing the God of Music's Inheritance Trials. Once I've completed them, I will become the God of Music."

Tang Xiao sighed. "Indeed, this younger generation is even more powerful than the last."

"Oh, our captain is the most tyrannical of us. She didn't become the Head Flamen of Haishen Island for no reason."

The youngest's eyes flashed silver-white as her voice dripped sweetly, "Ru Shenqi, spirit Clear Crystal Eyes, one hundred and tenth ranked Goddess of Nine Stars."

After having forced her spirit power into her second Divine God Ring, Ru Shenqi had reached the one hundred and tenth rank.

"A GOD SO YOUNG?! AN ACTUAL GOD?!" the eight cried. "AND THE GODDESS OF NINE STARS AT THAT?!"

"My mother is Ru Zuanshi, the former Goddess of Nine Stars."

Then, her spirit rings descended. Their eyes widened; they all remembered the tyranny of the person who had these rings from just a little bit earlier. Tang Xiao frowned.

"Grey spirit rings?"

"As you probably noticed earlier, they should be silver-white. I just can't use my Divine God Rings for a while."

All of a sudden, the Seventh Elder frowned. "Wait... none of you have the Clear Sky Hammer as your spirit. Then, how were we thrown back by a Clear Sky Hammer Spirit Avatar?"

Six youths snickered. Ru Shenqi bowed respectfully.

"Elder, I apologize. My second divine skill, Spiritual Duplication, can replicate any spirit's spirit skill. I used the Clear Sky Hammer because I knew it was Clear Sky Clan who had suppressed us."

"Fight fire with fire," Tang Xiao breathed in admiration. "You really are a Little God."

Ru Shenqi shrugged and waved her Golden Scepter away. "As you might know, Clan Leader, we're here to retrieve the torso bone of the late Emperor Xue Ye. We must not delay our mission any longer. Our Seniors and teachers are waiting for us back at Liuying Gorge."

He nodded. "Come, we'll escort you."

But, she shook her head. "With all due respect, we can manage on our own. We are from Shrek after all."

"Are you sure?"

"If we can completely obliterate the Angel Troops of Spirit Empire, we can surely retrieve a spirit bone," Bai Shanxin said.

"Tribe of Agility seems to have gotten bolder," the Second Elder snapped.

Tang Xiao held up his hand. "Second Elder, if these youths don't need our help, let's not force them."

Just then, Shu Jiaxiang's ears perked up. Ming Yong and Ru Shenqi noticed their uninvited guest as well. All seven's eyes narrowed as they spun around. Their spirits erupted, and Ru Shenqi summoned her Golden Scepter.

She seethed, "Who is it?"

"You dare to kill my Angel Troops?!"

Her eyes widened as she saw Qian Renxue fly towards them. Gu Xingyun stepped before all of them and released his sixth spirit skill, Heavenly Lion Pride. After protecting the other Tyrants under his shield, he used his Midnight Demon Cat right leg bone to clone himself. Then, he released his ninth spirit skill, Electric Heavenly Lion, and shot two lines of golden electricity right at Qian Renxue. With her having burned her Inheritance, she was a rank eighty-nine Spirit Douluo. She flew to avoid his strikes, only to be caught in Ming Yong's strings. Shu Jiaxiang suddenly appeared by the Seraphim spirit master and released her poisonous fog. Bai Shanxin shot into the air and launched her sixth spirit skill, Swift Winds. After Qian Renxue was swept up into her tornado, music rang out. Ming Yong had begun his Melody and Harmony Domain.

"With one sound, the world unites. With two sounds, divinity is realized."

Qian Renxue screamed and clutched at her head. Since she was no longer a God, she couldn't break free from his song. Ru Shenqi lifted into the air and used the Power of the Ocean to command all of the water in Heaven Dou City. She formed a sphere around Qian Renxue, trapping her inside, doomed to drown.

The Clear Sky Clan Leader and Elders stared, dumbfounded. Before they had even been able to lend a helping hand, the Shrek Seven Tyrants had already captured the former Angel God.

If we kill Qian Renxue now, there will be one less powerful spirit master from Spirit Empire that we'll have to deal with later, Ru Shenqi thought. But if we do kill her now, what price will we pay for her death?

At that moment, a familiar voice spoke in Ming Yong's mind. Ming Yong, now, I will teach you a new song. This song is called "Duality Cry of the Heavens", and I'll demonstrate it this once.

Just then, the apparition of the current God of Music, appeared behind him. Qian Renxue's eyes widened in shock. The Clear Sky Clan members were stunned also. Ru Shenqi bowed her head slightly.

"God of Music."

"Goddess of Nine Stars, you're too reckless, but I must thank you for saving my chosen successor."

Ru Shenqi lowered her head further, remaining silent. The God of Music faced Qian Renxue.

"Former Angel Goddess, you could've fought for justice like your ancestor. But you let mortal affairs cloud your judgement. You're not worthy of being a God."

She continued to hack at the water, but her Angel Sword was useless against the constantly changing sphere around her. Ru Shenqi slammed her Golden Scepter into the ground, and the water returned from whence it came. Qian Renxue dropped to her knees, soaking wet. She looked at the Shrek Seven Tyrants with undiminished fury in her eyes. The God of Music hmphed.

"Ming Yong, listen carefully. This is the "Duality Cry of the Heavens" which I now pass on to you."

A savage melody flowed from the God of Music's pipa. As his fingers danced across the four strings, the strength and power drained from Qian Renxue and was distributed evenly amongst the Shrek Seven Tyrants. When "Duality Cry of the Heavens" ended, the former Angel God collapsed, unconscious.

"Do you understand?"

"I do."

Then, the God of Music's apparition faded away. Liao Suyin zipped over to their enemy and used her Jade Poison Tarantula legs to poke at her. When there was no response, her eyebrows furrowed.

"Yong, is she dead?"

He shook his head. "No, her strength and spirit power has just been drained. But if we wish to kill her, it's all too easy now."

"That divine song of yours is too tyrannical!" Fang Youyou cried. "Now we have another person who can use drain skills."

"But this will help us," Ru Shenqi cut in. "I've debated it, and I think it's time we end the reign of Rakshasa and Angel once and for all. Xingyun, do you wish to kill Qian Renxue? You have personal grudges against her."

Her words had double meaning. She wanted the last threatening Angel gone while also warning Gu Xingyun to not accept the Rakshasa God's Inheritance.

He nodded and said, "Ninth spirit skill, Electric Heavenly Lion."

Shooting a beam of golden electricity right at the Seraphim, he incinerated her on the spot. With that, Qian Renxue would no longer threaten Douluo Continent ever again. And Spirit Empire had just lost its Head Flamen. The Elder Hall would be up in arms over it, and the few remaining Flamens of Spirit Empire would either put a stop to the Golden Generation's actions for a while or they would go all out to end Heaven Dou Empire and Star Luo Empire. But, the Shrek Seven Tyrants were willing to risk the upcoming consequences.

Tang Xiao stepped forward and said, "Qian Renxue is dead. Now, more than ever, Spirit Empire will go after you. Let us guard you as you go to retrieve the spirit bone of the late Emperor."

This time, Ru Shenqi agreed. "Alright. Then, we should get going."

The fifteen people turned and ran deeper into the City, headed for Heaven Dou Palace.

3