125. Goddess of Ghosts
110 0 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The souls attacked.

Yu Xiaogang watched closely. This is different from Bibi Dong's resurrection of the dead. They were more like lilting skeletons, fueled by hatred. Zombies. These are just souls acting at Xiao Shen's command. There's no resentment darkening them.

But since they were souls, they were also an ethereal existence that couldn't be harmed. And yet, their damage was as real as a physical being's. Realizing this, Tang San frowned.

"Xiao Shen, this is a really good divine skill. Clear Sky Nine Extremes: Break!"

With the power of two Gods, Tang San easily broke through Ru Shenqi's divine skill. She leapt backwards to avoid injury. Just then, a Moon Blade flew at her. Her eyes bugged, and she ducked. Tang San flew forward and summoned the Sea God's Trident. His eyes narrowed.

"Elder Xie Yue, you dare to attack us so blatantly?"

"Xiao Shen is a traitor just like her mother. Why shouldn't she be killed?"

Ru Shenqi caught on quickly and demanded, "How did my parents really die? Was it really Storm Douluo?!"

"You're not privy to Spirit Empire's secrets anymore. You'll never know until you meet them in the afterlife!"

Xie Yue lunged forward. Tang San and the other Devils swiftly stood in front to protect their Junior. The other Tyrants came over to her side. Yu Xiaogang, Flender, and Liu Erlong also stepped up. Seeing this, Ru Shenqi clenched her hands into her fists.

Those from Spirit Empire were after me back then. Mom and Dad tricked them out onto the open ocean. They died because of me. I won't let my friends, Seniors, and Teachers do the same.

Looking between them, she chose a target.

"Eighth divine skill," she called out quickly.

"Xiao Shen!" the other protested.

"Convergence of Souls!"

A complex array of geometric shapes appeared in front of her. It connected with Liao Suyin, and the bestowment began. After she had merged her soul with one of her first friends, she shot forward, empowered at an extra one hundred and fifty percent.

"Darkness clouds the sky. Misery clouds the mind. Realm of Sorrowful Souls!"

Trapping Xie Yue in her domain, he heard the bemoans of the dead and clutched at his head. She forced it as strong as she could.

"Second divine skill, Cry of the Dead," she growled.

The wails grew even louder. He dropped to one knee, completely debilitated. It was at this moment that the Shrek Seven Devils realized she had gone really easy on them.

"Fifth divine skill, Abyssal Souls."

Apparitions appeared around him, ghostly fingers dancing along his clothes, and making his skin crawl. He shuddered. Fire flew at them, and Yan appeared on the scene. Ru Shenqi launched her Clear Crystal Armor and protected those who couldn't fight fire with fire.

"Youyou!"

Getting what she meant, he boosted her with spirit power. After upping her limit, she and her friends surrounded the two men of the Golden Generation. Her eyes narrowed to slits.

"Sixth spirit skill, Pack Hunt!"

Their spirit power condensed. When it had grow to the maximum capacity, she released it. "Pack Howl!"

The two Elders were thrown far back. Tang San and Xiao Wu stepped forward.

"Xiao Shen, repeat that skill," he commanded. "Yong, Xingyun, help us."

The five Gods condensed their God power. Seeing this, regret and fear filled Xie Yue and Yan's hearts. When Ru Shenqi spoke the command, they were seriously injured by the five. Golden Saint Dragon Luo San Pao gave another blow to them. The Titled Douluo-level White Tiger of Netherworld appeared, thus causing the two to flee.

Knowing exactly why there were really there, Ru Shenqi called out after them, "That's what you get for trying to kill the Goddess of Ghosts!"

<><><>

Back in the fortress, Hu Liena paced in the throne room, waiting for news from her brother and friend. When they stumbled in, she saw their sorry states and ran over to them.

"What happened?"

"Xiao Shen was with her companions and Tang San and his friends. They all fought, but she's dangerously strong. She's even stronger than she was as the Goddess of Nine Stars," Xie Yue breathed.

"Then which God seat did she take?"

"She knew why we were there," Yan answered. "That must be why she explicitly told us that she was the Goddess of Ghosts."

Hu Liena frowned. "Ghosts?"

The other two nodded.

"I need to do some research then. See if I can figure anything out. Go back and get treated, then rest. We'll give them a few more days of peace before we hit them hard."

"Yes, Nana."

After they had left, she turned and saw down on her throne. Hu Liena pinched the bridge of her nose and sighed. Xiao Shen, oh Xiao Shen, why did I ever let you join Spirit Empire? Maybe things wouldn't be like this now if I hadn't. Laoshi must be so disappointed in me.

<><><>

"Xiao Shen, are you okay?" Gu Xingyun asked hurriedly.

She shook her head and smiled. "I'm fine."

Ru Shenqi stretched out her hand towards Liao Suyin and took back her soul. Once she was complete again, she turned towards Tang San and bowed respectfully.

"Thank you, Sect Leader, for helping, but Xiao Shen can take care of herself."

The Shrek Seven Devils, Golden Iron Triangle, and other Shrek Tyrants were all stunned by her sudden change in attitude. Tang San's eyebrows furrowed in confusion.

"Xiao Shen, you're a disciple of the Tang Sect. It's only right that as the Sect Leader I look out for my disciples. Why do you say this all of a sudden?"

Xiao Wu walked over to her disciple's side and rested a hand on her shoulder. "If there's anything worrying you, don't be afraid to tell us."

But Ru Shenqi just shook her head and remained quiet. Perhaps I should go deal with Spirit Empire on my own. That way, I don't implicate anyone else. After all, I'm nothing more than a ghost at this point.

A sigh escaped her lips. "I'm okay."

Liao Suyin looked at her own two hands. "Xiao Shen? What did you do just now? I felt stronger all of a sudden but then it faded away when you held out your hand."

"That's the influence of my eighth divine skill."

"What exactly is Convergence of Souls?" Ning Rongrong asked, curious.

"I can merge my soul with someone else to keep from being destroyed completely. As such, my power will also increase by one hundred and fifty percent. And I can summon back my soul at any time. It won't harm the person I give it to either."

The others gaped in shock. Yu Xiaogang breathed, "A rejuvenation skill. Interesting."

Flender nudged his buddy. "Eh, Xiaogang, what are you thinking?"

"I'll have to do some research on this skill. The last person to have such a skill was Bibi Dong, but her rejuvenation ability came from a hundred thousand year spirit ring, not a Divine God Ring."

Ru Shenqi shrugged, "Yi Xiangli explained the Goddess of Souls divine skills to me. And that's all she said."

"Hmm. I wonder if there's any negative side effects."

"I don't think so, Grandmaster. Yi Xiangli said she never used the eighth divine skill and hoped that I wouldn't have to either, but desperate times calls for desperate measures. But neither she nor Yi Fengyu told me of any negative side effects to using it. Just that it's very risky if I can't fully merge my soul with someone else. But once it's merged, I don't think there should be any issue."

"If it's risky, try not to use it much."

She bowed and replied obediently, "Yes, Grandmaster."

Xue Beng came walking over at that moment. Huo Wu and Feng Xiaotian also. They had all seen bits and pieces of the recent battle and were more than curious to learn what had happened.

"Laoshi, what happened?"

"Nothing much, Your Majesty. Elders Xie Yue and Yan just came to scope out some information on Xiao Shen."

"What did the Golden Generation want?"

"Your Majesty." Ru Shenqi stepped forward and bowed respectfully.

But he held up a hand to stop her. "You're a Goddess, how could I possibly ask you to bow to me?"

"Your Majesty, Hu Liena just wanted to see which God seat I took. So I told her that I was the Goddess of Ghosts."

He frowned. "Not the Goddess of Souls? Laoshi said you were chosen by the Goddess of Souls."

She smirked, playfully and mischievously. "I am that. But I said Ghosts to throw the Golden Generation off. Because no matter how much they research, they won't find anything on any Goddess of Ghosts here. She doesn't exist as far as Douluo Continent is concerned."

2