2-A strange cat
711 4 21
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.
Announcement
This chapter is brought to you by a good night without sleep ! Also, mention of violence on mc.

 

2-A Strange Cat

 

This brings us today, two months later, I’m in the bus going home from the station near school, yes, I live far enough to take a looong hour and half ride every morning, it can be difficult sometimes but enough of that! Tomorrow is the weekend and my birthday, I will be sixteen, I planned to do... nothing and it’s not like my father will remember it so I will just take the usual from the store near home and eat at the same place. After some years of eating sandwiches from the store for dinner, I befriended the clerk found a little forest where I built a bench from a log with Jack. 

 

Ah! I think I never described myself, I have jet black hair and almost black eyes and as you could have guessed I’m not that big, if you didn’t, I will tell you why, that’s because of that damn father I have, it’s normal for him to just ignore me for days so I had to do little works in the neighbourhood to have some money and buy some things to eat for dinner, I could have lunch at school but not dinner. Well, at least it allowed me to be strong enough to win a fight or two. 

 

Going back to my little sandwich on the bench, I began to settle down and eat, I finished eating and took a sip of my bottle of cola when I saw a cat... Yes, a cat... I don’t know why it was here, after all, I was in a forest. It just stood behind a tree, perhaps thinking it was hidden enough but when I stared at its eyes, they were strange, they were a deep blue that almost seemed to glow but they didn’t have an ominous feeling. 

 

After what seemed to me as an eternity but were in reality just five little seconds, the cat hid again behind the tree. I put my bottle of cola on the bench and stood up. I went to the tree the cat hid behind and I went around the tree to find... nothing. Well, the cat disappeared and I have no f*cking idea how. So, being a little sad about not finding it because, well... Yeah, I REALLY wanted to pet it, it was sooo cute... AHEM. 

 

I love cats, yeah, I know how it sound but NO! And, I think it might be a little weird to think that but... I really think cats love me too. It’s not just me who feel it, my friends feel it too, when I really want to pet a cat that I see, normally, and I say normally because it doesn’t happen every time but, the cat will just come to me and let me scratch it behind the ears. My friends, because of my name, just said that maybe they just recognise one of their own. I have to admit that it made us laugh enough to last a full day. Only my friends are allowed to make joke about my name. 

 

That’s also the main reason why I was a little sad when the cat hid behind the tree and just disappeared but, I don’t know, this time, I felt something different from the encounter, like this time, it was not the cat that came to me but me that came to the cat and God knows that was f*cking weird! Even if it was on instinct or something. 

 

After shrugging off that weird feeling, I made my way toward the bench but it wasn’t here and I’m a hundred percent sure that I didn’t walk more than fifteen meters away, I calm myself down by thinking that going straight in a direction will lead me to the end of the forest but after ten minutes of walking, I panic a lot more not only because I didn’t reach the end of the forest but because I also don’t recognise the trees. At first, I thought that maybe I went to deep in the forest but that frightened me because I knew I could meet a hunter and not recognising me, they could shoot me. 

 

I’m not thinking about that because I’m thinking too much or because I’m beginning to be scared but because I knew it was possible, one of my ‘friends’ got shot in the head when he was riding his motorcycle. Hopefully, it didn’t kill him because his helmet protected him of the bullet but the vest he wore that day didn’t protect him of the road. He had an arm along with his right leg broken... Some people would say that he was lucky he was still alive and I would be the first to agree. 

 

Still lost in the forest, I caught a glimpse of the cat, seeing a ray of hope, I began to follow it till we enter a clearing with a giant tree in the middle of it. There were a lot animals and little white lights floating around. Remembering that I followed a cat here, I couldn’t stop thinking of similarities to Alice in Wonderland, a great novel if I say so myself, but in place of the white rabbit, I followed a black cat. Speaking of the devil, the cat was just in front of the tree, like it was waiting for something, after think of the possibility that it was waiting for me, I felt the same feeling that I felt before, the one when I was compelled to walk to the cat. 

 

As I began to walk to the cat, the tree began to glow a clear blue light, when I reached the cat, the tree was already almost blinding me with its light, so much that I protected my eyes with my hands but, when I did it, I felt something pushing me to the tree, when I touched the tree, I woke up on the bench, my bottle of cola next to me. 

 

The most shocking thing when I opened my eyes was the sky... no I'm not crazy ok! But when I finished eating my sandwich, I was sure there was still three hours of sunlight and there, the night was there with its almost full moon. Taking my phone from my pocket to see the time... it was eleven pm... Oh, damn, that meant that I slept for almost three hours straights. However, dude, that sure was a weird dream.

Standing up, I felt sick and had a splitting headache. Almost as if someone knocked me out with a baseball bat. So, feeling like shit and knowing full well how f*cked I am because of how late I will be when I come home, I took my bottle and began to run as fast as I could in direction of the house. Sure enough, when I got home, my father was waiting in his couch, a bottle of alcohol in his hand. When he saw me, he stood up and began to shout incomprehensible things, he took me by my collar, pushed me to a wall and broke his bottle on the counter beside me. Now having something to threaten me with, he punched me hard in the gut, opened the door to the basement and just pushed me violently in the stairs.  

 

Being used to this, I already had a mattress at the end of the stairs. Having a tiring day and feeling like shit, I don’t move from the mattress and just fell asleep.

Well, things got a little worse for Felix but things can be even harder... I promise a chapter there will be mofumofu! ... later...

Also, the length of the chapters will NEVER be longer than that, if I don't forget myself in the story hehe...

And a little poll to know if you want to keep this chapter as chapter 2 or get it as chapter 1 and the one from before would be chapter 0... Problem is, it was really short and I know it myself

 

Make this chapter, chapter 1 ?
  • Hell YEAAAHHH Votes: 9 45.0%
  • NOPE Votes: 11 55.0%
Total voters: 20 · This poll was closed on Jun 24, 2022 03:25 AM.
21