01: The Damn girl that replaced me
74 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"What the hell did you just say?! That can´t be! I won´t swallow that kind of crap!”

———————————————————————————————————

The day was July 31, 1021. In a huge and graceful temple almost a millennium old, surrounded by a mountain range that formed a unique circle, a young man of about eighteen followed an old man through the artisanal halls of that sacred refuge. Both were at a moderate pace, however, the old man wanted to accelerate despite the prohibition of violent actions in that hallway and the room where they met.

"Why are you in such a hurry?" asked Seng.

"For nothing…"

"It's weird that you invite me to this kind of meeting, why did you do it?" After observing the silence of his teacher, he continued: "I suppose I have earned this right at last."

"I would like to know why you are invited to this meeting ..." he thought worried.

They took a couple of turns and stopped in front of a large white marble door with dragons and women carved by hand and decorated with silver letters that repeated the same phrase about five times.

<< So that it does not happen again >>

The old man opened the left door a little —just enough to get in— and they went into the room. The old man closed the door. Inside, in the spacious hall, there were four large silver chairs under a colossal mosaic attached to the only wall in the background. The ceiling was held by exactly fifteen pillars with different carved details but they shared having a gem aimed at the center of the room different from the others —Amethyst, Jet, Bismuth, Crystal, Quartz, Diamond, Emerald, Jasper, Opal, Gold, Platinum, Pearl, Ruby and Sapphire— and the same phrase in silver letters that the entrance door possessed.

The exterior was visible and due to the height the temple could be seen mostly as well as the seven gigantic flags of the colors of the rainbow each on top of a mountain. The floor was made of wood and silver. The wood occupied almost all the space and the silver was only on the edges to allow the eccentric design to be glimpsed, this being a point in the center of a circle embedded in a triangle of equal sides that in turn was embedded in a square inside a pentagon, in a hexagon, in a heptagon, in an octagon, in a nonagon, in a decagon ... like this until reach the outer edge that was of fifteen identical sides where the pillars occupied the corners.

In the living room there were five people without counting the young man or the old man who just entered, two old men sitting one on the first throne from left to right and another on the second; an older man standing on the center point —but without stepping on it— with gray-brown hair, elegant clothes of purple-dyed silk and yellow eyes; which did not hesitate to turn to give a look to those who had just arrived and show in the process his diagonal scar that pierced his lips.

Behind that man was a young man kneeling dressed in clothes to walk among the dunes of some desert that lost their purpose for the lack of one in thousands of kilometers that did not bother to interrupt his deep admiration for the beauty of the mosaic to pay attention to that pair. And next to him, a girl with simple clothes that had a beautiful and humble design of blue, gray and white colors. However, Seng was not able to avoid being stunned with that huge blue hair that ran from his head to the ground and, to his dismay that indescribable nervous sensation in his heart worsened the moment that girl turned her head and those Silver eyes of slight brightness crossed with their own silver eyes.

Seng with an expression of doubt and quite misplaced for ignoring that girl looked at his teacher Arkgas at his side and he responded with a brief expression of solidarity that became the face of a man who should represent the highest authority on the continent. Seng closed his eyes and Arkgas walked and sat in the third seat from left to right.

"As Sahuhr is far fulfilling his work as Archmage, we are to start this emergency meeting required by the Representative of the Petition Centers, Zamur Advalen," said the old man sitting in second place from left to right.

His name was Zughan'ko, a dark, bald, brown-eyed old man with a deceptive appearance that hid his true age. He wore a silver-colored full-body tunic just like the other men on the thrones, yet he had black embroidery.

"It is an honor for me to be here today, and I appreciate you coming to my urgent call." Zamur; The man standing in the center bowed his head, not in a sign of reverence but in a greeting that was returned to him by the three men on the thrones. "As you will see today I have come alone accompanied by my talented guard, Attheos and is young who, as you may have noticed, is also a descendant of the Silver Dragons."

"Leave the formalities and tell us once the purpose of this audience, Archmage Kao'em has an important work on the border that has been delayed by this" said Arkgas.

Arkgas had the eyes of a captivating sky blue, his half-bare head was the greatest proof that many years ago he boasted of his golden silky hair. Although he maintained an aura of responsibility identical to that of Kao'em and Zughan'ko, the spark in his eyes shouted irreverence. The color of its embroideries was in a silver tone with slight differences to that of the tunic, but it could be appreciated as long as there were no problems in sight.

In saying that phrase everyone in the room fixed their attention on Kao'em for an instant. This instead of speaking raised his hand and smiled cheerfully and those emerald green eyes of his conveyed his messages: Thanks to his friend and partner Arkgas, who worried about work that did not correspond, and a serene attitude that denied the need for hurry to leave. Of the three present he gave the impression of being the one who carried the most years, since he still retained his gray hairs was the most wrinkled and senile of them. The embroidery of his robe was white.

"Why he doesn´t speak?" the girl whispered to Attheos.

"Silence." He replied rudely.

"Thank you for your compression Kao´em, I will try to be direct." Zamur pointed his open hand toward the girl. "The name of this young woman is Airys, a girl who lived on the outskirts of Pozde, a city southwest of here."

“Why did he say she lived?” Thought Airys and felt the three Archmages look at her. A mysterious pressure tormented her from Zughan'ko and Arkgas as they, in her words, inspected her soul. She cringed in fear, believing that at any second her life would end, however, Kao'em with his expression of tenderness calmed him down and reminded him of that short time of his childhood when she met his grandfather who died a few days later. She relaxed and in fact almost cried.

When the Archmage finished their faces they revealed nuances that moved away from what should be figures of power and order. Kao'em's gentle, sweet smile vanished with a grimace of sadness, the —according to thousands— Zughan'ko's unchanging expression of control cracked and deformed into one of shame and, the worst was Arkgas.

The supposed tranquility that was on the surface drowned in an undeniable and genuine face of an old man who was abandoned by his children and forgotten by his grandchildren.

"How is it possible that she has as much latent energy as Seng?!" The desperate Arkgas escaped.

"What the hell did you just say?!" Seng, until that quiet minute, roared. "That is not possible!"

"It seems they already realized the first thing," said Zamur. "She has an incredible latent energy that rivals that boy, and her Silver Draconian ancestry is tested alone with that hair and those eyes. The only thing that could disqualify her is her…"

"What about her parents?! She is supposed to be the firstborn of both parents!" Seng exclaimed without reserving anything of his fury and disagreement.

"Be silent Seng!" Zughan'ko sentenced after regaining his composure. "This sacred place cannot be desecrated with disrespectful shouts."

Seng clenched his teeth and held back at his guardian's lethal aura.

"However, what Seng said is true. The birthright of both is an important factor," said Zughan'ko and Seng couldn't avoid smile.

"That's enough to know that it has nothing to do with the legend" Arkgas sputtered.

"True! There is no way she is the Chosen! I am the Chosen one! It can´t be that after years of training, this brat appears and my title is stolen” Seng thought, slowly regaining confidence in his position as the Chosen One.

"Of course that would be enough. However, my visit today is not about the mere existence of this exotic girl, no, I come to tell you that this girl is the Chosen one" said Zamur.

"What are your arguments?" Arkgas said.

"Attheos"

At Zamur mentioning his name the young man nodded softly and took the piece of cloth at his side and offered it to his employer.

"If you allow me I would like to get a little closer to the Great Mosaic."

Arkgas wanted to refuse but Kao´em and Zughan´ko gave him free passage, the first one with a better spirit than the second.

"You will know well, says the legend that this Mosaic broke down in the last battle against Cazha´aoh 1021 years ago and that this unfortunate man managed to spread the pieces around the continent." Zamur walked towards the Mosaic, unrolled the cloth and stopped in front of a few centimeters of the work of art.

"As I supposed it," he murmured and took the piece of glass in his hands and stuck it to the wall, below, far enough for anyone to suspect that a rectangular piece two hundred and fifty centimeters long and thirty wide was missing.

Everyone was perplexed except Airys. Kao'em was paralyzed, Zughan'ko trembled for the first time in his life, Arkgas's heart stopped for half a second, Seng petrified and his spirit creaked, even Attheos was surprised by the reactions of those he considered perfect and he marveled at Zamur's ability to distinguish where the last piece was going.

"I will proceed to read the Sacred Designs loudly recorded in the Great Mosaic," Zamur said without waiting for anyone. “So that it does not happen again, someone must behave with the hope of Humanity and Dragons, to prevent Cazha´aoh from acting. And, these will be the qualities that will define you”:

<< Will be descended from some Silver Soul Dragon so that its appearance remembers the pact >>

<< Will be born in the first decade after a thousand years pass after that terrible day >>

<< Will have the Birthright of a virgin Father and a Mother united in holy marriage >>

<< Will have a great latent energy and the greatest possible age after fulfilling the designs >>

<< As always has been, the pact dictates that the Chosen One will be a woman >>

"So, this girl ... no, Airys is the Chosen!" Zamur said and the focus was on her.

"Eh?! Am I what?! Really?!" Airys who just learned that the legend that is in vogue among young people from various cities and towns was true was wide-eyed. She was excited to know that now she could live her dream of being an adventurer but... she felt sorry for that jet black-haired boy with blue tufts in total disorder.

"NO! That is not true! I am the Chosen One! I am the one who trained throughout his life!" Seng roared and shook the room with his voice.

Airys got scared and let out a sudden shriek.

"I fulfill all four Sacred Designs! I have more energy than she does!"

"I told you that you will stop disrespecting this place!"

Zughan'ko's voice rumbled in the room, but for Airys it was weird, as soon as his voice came out of his mouth it sounded so low that he doubted if he shouted or not, but she noticed how the boy covered his sore ears

"The fifth Designio says that he... The Chosen One must be a woman" said Zughan'ko after hiding as much as he could his pain and grief.

"A woman..." Seng stammered, collapsed on his knees to the floor and his mind was lost in an empty and deep darkness.

Kao´em contained tears when he saw his disciple in that state of such bitterness and Arkgas against all odds covered his mouth and shed a bitter tear that only Airys did not perceive.

"But," Seng raised his face. "What about her parents?" He said trying to repair what no longer exists. That she does not comply will not magically return the title that never really belonged to him.

"About that," Zamur returned to the center of the room. "I have confirmed that her parents are the Defyh-"

"You mean that family that died fifteen years ago?" Arkgas interrupted quickly, his stable emotions and a deep look at Zamur.

"...Yes. They were close friends of the family in which Airys grew up."

"Eh? Am I adopted?! ”Airys screamed in her mind as Seng lost his false hope.

"That should clear the doubts, because they don't have other children. I thought they were sterile. Well," Zamur hit his neck a couple of times. "Now that it has been proven that Airys is the Chosen One, I have them commissioned to be trained."

"That ... That will be impossible," Zughan'ko sputtered.

"What? I demand a reason why you don't train her, she's the Chosen One," said Zamur. Don't tell me they won't do it for the boy's sake.

"We don't have the time."

"Eh?"

"It was very difficult for us that at least one of us remained with Seng to train him, although he was a very dedicated and talented student we couldn't take him with us everywhere for two reasons. Most places were too dangerous to actively protect him and we should not reveal the secret that the legend is true. This past year Seng trained practically alone, and from the next morning we will be occupied for about two years, if not more."

"So how will she train? We can't ask anyone, must be someone strong, trustworthy, to protect her and teach her everything that the Chosen one requires. The second eliminates most of the Amethyst Rings from the equation and not to mention the latest! "

"Seng can."

Again all but Airys were greatly surprised. Kao'em spoke and spent words of his covenant.

"True... He already knows everything necessary, he is very strong, he already knows the secret and has proven to be able to keep it all his life. He is also perfectly capable of being his guardian."

"What are you talking about?" Seng murmured.

"Seng! As of tomorrow I order you to be the guardian and guardian of Airys! You will teach him everything you know and protect her from all dangers until the day I determine she is ready!" Zughan'ko sentenced with terrible authority.

"What?! I refuse!"

"Do you intend to refuse a direct mandate from an Archmage?!" Seng backed away in fear. Zughan'ko sighed and continued in a soft and welcoming tone: "Are you going to refuse one of Kao'em's oral requests?"

Seng hesitated. He hadn't stopped to think about it but it was the second time in his life that he heard his Master Kao'em say something. There he was as usual with a countenance full of love and affection towards him. Seng understood his teacher's feelings, there was no way that Kao'em didn't understand him or the situation he was in, so his voluntary words had the greatest weight and came from one of the people he respected —and loved— above all else.

"Okay..." he said and relieved the soul of Kao´em and Zughan´ko.

"Any objection?" Zughan'ko said.

"For me there is no problem, I just would like him to show me a little of his ability. A practice duel with Attheos would be enough" said Zamur, who did not know that the question was addressed to Arkgas.

Airys, who barely had a slight understanding of what happened, was glad he had a teacher, especially one so young and looking very strong. And maybe also because he was a little attractive.

On the other hand, in Seng's mind a war was fought and a single wish was the victor...

"I want to kill her..." and tried with all her might to pacify her killer instinct.

———————————————————————————————————

Good morning to all who read on this.

At last I could write calmly and I am happy with the result. Together with “The ARES Show” this will be the work that I will carry. To develop my skills as a writer and not to restart the stories over and over again I will do it following my personal rule of "Uploaded chapter, unalterable chapter". Of course, spelling errors can be fixed XD

Did you like the chapter? If so, you will be pleased to know that I will soon upload the next one. But ... tell me why and I will keep that in mind for others.

Bye!

Postscript: From chapter 7 or 8 I may begin to make advances for the Discord of the Patreons but if you want to support me and join I can always thank you at the end of chapters XD

Do you like the story?
  • Yes Votes: 4 100.0%
  • Yesn´t Votes: 0 0.0%
Total voters: 4
1