0043 – Infiltration
111 0 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

It was the end of our 3 months in the forest. We have been killing continuously like a team. We killed many average and high ranked monsters which appeared in groups or individually.

Our coordination as a team was improving day by day and our killing time was reducing. By this the girls were performing ‘one hit kills’. Freya and Ginger were catching up to other girls and I was feeling pride in training the 6 girls.

It made me remember my time with Aubrey, Becky and Christine.

We were having lunch when Ginger said, “Darling it’s been 3 months why don’t we check our levels now”

“Alright,” I said.

After graduation we could easily remove them and store them away.

I gave the girls their watches and we turned on the level watch display together. I could tell the level of June and Kelly so it was alright.

“Alright tell you levels, mine is still 92, I guess I need to kill more powerful monsters,” I said.

“My level rose to 83,” said Emily.

“I am at level 75,” said Freya

I am at level 79,” said Ginger.

I am at level 86,” said Helena

“Let me see, June and Kelly are both at level 85,” I said.

I nodded my head and said, “the progress is decent, I have no complaints.” We had a feast for the night and enjoyed our time.

It was the next and the start of an uneventful day. We just hunted a group of monsters and were sitting after collecting the dead bodies for harvesting.

I suddenly felt a presence and simultaneously we all turned towards 2 directions.

Emily, June and Ginger looked at the right side whereas me and others looked at the left.

“Who is it? Come out and show yourself,” I announced.

The bushes rattled and 2 men popped out of the bushes.

“It’s amazing how kids like you could sense us,” said man 1.

“If it weren’t for your sense we could’ve easily killed you all.” Said man 2.

“Do you really think that we, who are sitting in the deep part, would let you kill us so easily,” I said.

“No, not at all,” said man 2.

“Looking at the harvest I must say you all are quite proficient,” said man 1.

“What do you want?” I asked.

“You won’t give us what we want but I would still ask for something,” said Man 1, noticibly eyeing the girls.

I ignored it and waited. “Cooperation,” said man 2.

“Come kill these low leveled monsters for us and we leave you alone for the night and not bound you,” said man 1.

“It’s a kind of contract,” said man 2.

“Do you really think that I would believe someone with stealth magic,” I said.

There was a sudden change in their expression but they returned to normal. “We don’t know what you are talking about, but if you don’t want to cooperate then don’t interfere. From here on the area is under direct control of the military of the kingdom. You are allowed here but if you interfere you all would be escorted out,” said man 1 and left the scene with the other person.

As the men left, the tension between us didn’t come down.

“We have to be extra careful today,” said Freya.

“I know a hungry wolf when I see one,” she added.

“We camp normally today,” I said.

“Do we have the provisions?” Asked Emily.

“Yes,” I said. 

We stayed there for the rest of the evening and made a decent camp. We pitched up one big tent. It was covered from all the sides but the entrance. I laid down sleeping bags for 6 and using magic made enchantments of protection from physical and magical damage.

“Why 6?” Asked June.

“Would any one of the girls sleep outside?” Said Emily.

“No, I will be sitting outside,” I said.

“We can stay awake as well,” said Helena.

“No need,” I said, keeping my answers crisp and short made the girls not argue with me.

June and Kelly prepared dinner while we all made a perimeter.

After having dinner I went inside the tent and made sure the girls were tucked in.

I sat there for a while.

“You’re very responsible now, Zack,” said Emily as she caressed my hand.

“That was out of the blue,” I said.

“Yes, Emily, you know him the longest right?” Asked Freya.

“Yes,” said Emily.

“Longest and in the best way,” said Ginger.

“No fair, I want to know about our dear Zack as well,” said Helena.

“Master, would’ve been super strong in his childhood,” said June. Kelly made a bicep pose and everyone started laughing,

“Someday, I will,” I said and walked out of the tent.

“What is it sister Emily?” Asked Helena.

“He has a dark past and better to leave it to him,” said Emily.

Ginger just nodded and dozed off.

I sensed inside the tent and realised that everyone was laying down and chatting.

I made more enchantments on the tent and left a weak clone at my place.

All while sitting in the front of the tent I deconstructed the stealth magic spell and understood its basic foundation.

Using that spell I formulated an antidote and was able to create a spell which can destroy stealth magic within a decent range.

I was happy and made it a passive active spell.

I used stealth magic on me and put a barrier on the tent allowing no one to exit and enter the tent.

I sighed and left the area towards the settlement of the official government people who targeted us today.

I reached the area and started my stealth and sense magic. I was on a reconnaissance mission so engaging wasn’t an option until necessary.

I reached the initial perimeter and noticed many guards. I brushed past them and the traps quite easily. The inner circle was tight but no traps were laid, probably to avoid self harm.

I ran across the terrain, avoiding the twigs and bushes.

“I felt something,” said a guard.

“You’re drunk again?” Said another and they both started laughing.

I smiled and walked right into the camp. It was the middle of night so the camp area was empty and the tents were occupied. All but one had the lamps on, so I got closer to that tent.

I was standing outside when I heard, “are you sure?” Said a man.

“Yes sir, 1 man with 6 not 4 girls. 2 were monsters, one a Cat and another a dog,” said another man but I realised him to be the chief guard who reprimanded us today.

My curiosity increased and I started listening to them.

“The monsters weren’t present at that time and it’s been 3 months, maybe he picked them up,” said man 1.

“But such monster girls in this forest,” said the guard.

“Did they look powerful?” Said the man.

“Yes, they did, in fact he was the leader of that strong group,” said the guard.

“You deciphered so much, great work,” said the man.

“I am happy that the sir appreciated me. I have a gift for the sir,” said the guard and left the tent.

A medium height girl with average features entered the tent and the lamp went off.

I stayed in the camp and entered the provisional tent. Using confusion magic I made sure that the guards didn't realise that I brushed past them.

I looked around and found food, weapons, documents, money, clothes and some potions.

I poisoned the food and water with decomposition magic making them unfit in half a day.

I altered the fault lines of the metals in the weapons so that if it hits a target it will break on the spot.

I didn’t touch the money and copied the documents in my mind. After that using magic I changed certain parts of the documents.

I giggled while I did the mischief.

I used decomposition magic on the potions as well and made the clothes brittle using magic.

“I am happy to have such a huge reserve of all types of magic,” I exclaimed and left the tent.

2