0057 – Setting Up the Base
51 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

We were flying over the country. I got up from the seat and started flying with Coco.

Master is amazing.

I smiled and got at the side of Coco. I looked down and saw 2 districts.

One was the actual capital with residential areas and the town administration. Whereas the second was the smaller district formed around Armageddon.

In the fear of monsters coming out, the capital city was built at some distance from the dungeon. So local hawkers made stalls in the area surrounding Armageddon.

Only the dungeon was regulated and not the surroundings, so gangs and groups of thugs and bad people took over the nearby area.

The area surrounding was divided in 2 main groups and they were at constant disapproval but not at war. 

These goons actually controlled the dungeon and left no one out.

Coco, maintain a low altitude with mirage and hover over the capital district, I said to Coco.

“We shall land here,” I said.

“First I will form a vantage point just like in our country’s capital, Gordon,” I said.

Everyone nodded and I continued, “and then if you all agree, I would like you all to stay in the tent while I walk inside the capital of Leadale in stealth.”

Everyone thought hard.

“It’s alright,” said Ginger.

“It will avoid unnecessary fights,” said Emily.

“No added attention,” said Freya.

“No cat calling,” said Helena.

“No one will misbehave,” said June.

“We are only for our master's lewd eyes,” said Kelly.

“And thus no killing,” said Iris.

We all laughed hard and went with the plan.

We landed by the capital and I set up the tent.

“I am sorry,” I said as the girls entered the tent.

They just nodded and went inside. After packing up I started running there.

I asked Coco to fly around. 

In no time I reached the gate and got in the line. I was wearing stealthy clothes specifically made on order for me and the girls. It hid our body proportions and face but I imbued it with magic to enhance it even more.

It was a nice investment and I was happy about my expense.

The guards at the gate didn’t ask anything and just looked at me. I read their minds and saw that they have a sort of vision which can separate malicious intent.

No one detected malice from me so I entered easily, whereas many people behind me were being questioned and even refused to enter.

I walked and I sensed the guild. I reached the adventurer’s guild and entered it and went straight to the desk.

“How may I help you sir,” asked the receptionist.

I said nothing and kept 5 gold coins on the table. 

It was a sign to meet the guildmaster, now.

The receptionist took the coins and said, “please wait.”

She went in and came back with a bulky man and woman.

They both frisked me and asked us to follow.

I entered the room and I took my hoodie off.

“Good evening, guildmaster, I am Zack,” I said and kept my guild card on his desk.

The tall and lean man jumped up and saw my S rank.

“How may I help you?” He asked.

“I want to buy a small house, in the middle of the residential area. It should be small but in a decent locality,” I said.

“Please wait in the waiting area,” he said and the guards took me.

I sat there for 1 hour without speaking a word.

After 1 hour the guildmaster entered the area and said, “this is the house, this is the key and this is the payment note,” he said.

He handed me a detailed map of the city with a marking of the house. Then the keys and a contract paper with address and my fake name. Finally a payment note done by the fake named Zack.

I was happy. “Okay this is impressive,” I said and paid the payment note amount with half of it more as extra payment.

I didn’t stay anymore and exited the guild right away.

The guildmaster was flabbergasted but he knew that he had to keep his mouth shut.

He ignored the proceedings of today and went on his way bagging the money.

I started running towards the house, people looked at me with disgust because of me creating public nuisance but I didn’t care. I ran and stopped right in front of the house. The road wasn’t crowded because it was already sunset.

I unlocked the front door and entered it. In an instant I took out my tent and let the girls come out.

“I hope you’re all fine,” I said. The girls smiled and started walking in.

Finally I entered the house. It was a 2 storeyed house with 3 rooms, 1 kitchen, 1 living room, 2 bathrooms and 3 toilets on the ground floor.

It was half furnished, with random tables here and there and 1 bed. The house had a small front yard and big back yard. We closed all the doors and windows and went up. The second floor had 5 big rooms only.

“There must be an attic, someone look for the attic,” I said.

“Found it,” said Iris as she pointed up.

I jumped and opened the door. There was no ladder.

“Here is the ladder,” said Kelly and brought out a ladder from one room.

I went up and stood in the attic.

“Pretty spacious, not bad for a small house,” I said.

The attic was high enough for me to stand and was a decent size. There was one window which looked down at the road.

“Will this be our base?” Asked Helena.

“Yes,” I said.

“Wait for me, I will come in a few minutes,” I said and handed the girls the tent.

I snapped and the floor of the attic got cleaned. With another snap, the only window was latched and I covered it with a dark black cloth fixing it on the spot.

I then started chanting and after a few minutes a magic circle was complete.

This was the teleportation magic circle I used to go to a fixed location. I could use teleportation magic but it would only allow me to travel a small distance only.

Freya’s village was near the capital so it was easier but I wanted to travel between cities so a circle was necessary.

I wanted this setup because it was necessary for the thing I was planning.

I already had set up one station in my country’s capital, Gordon and now I have done it here as well.

I also chanted barrier and safety magic and covered the whole building with loads of magic spells which included protection from theft, burglary, weather, magic attacks, insects, bugs, animals, monsters, natural calamity, spies and many more elements.

“It’s good,” I said and sighed. I went down and saw the tent setup in one of the rooms. Before entering the room, I snapped and cleaned all of the building. The dust was thrown out at the back. I already knew that the girls might have latched every window.

I snapped and using the same black cloth I covered all the windows of the house no matter how small or big. The cloth was in my inventory which I stored specially for this purpose.

With all the outer work finished I entered the tent.

1