Chapter – 19.4: Professor Quirrell and the first Quidditch match (Part-IV)
210 1 16
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.
I am working on something exciting. Join my Telegram Channel: https://t.me/+fTrsYiVXehQ5OGVl

Chapter - 19.4

The match ended, and it was time to reap the rewards of your luck. But not many approached the gambling dens to claim the rewards. Potter showed quite a spectacle, contrary to what many thought. Still, those who bet on Gryffindor's victory, Gryffindor scoring the first points and a few others did win. But these were not the lucrative odds everyone was eyeing. The gambling dens ought to have racked in huge profits today.

Alex also was in no hurry to collect his money. He wanted all the others to get done first, and when the gambling dens were about to be closed, that's when he would make his move. So he leaned on one of the pillars on the side and waited for his turn.

But while he waited for his turn, Daphne showed up. And like many others, she did not approach any of the gambling dens. Alex, when looked at her face, could clearly see the disappointment there. He knew she gambled a hundred galleons on Slytherin victory and twenty more on Potter being knocked out before ten minutes. And she had lost it all.

'Should he console her?' Alex had this thought for a brief second, but it evaporated from his mind as soon as it came, 'That's what you get for not playing the situation.'

Soon, Nicole and Hermione too joined them. Nicole looked disheartened, just like Daphne. And the two of them soon found solace in each other. But unlike Daphne, who lost everything, Nicole was better off. She bet two hundred and fifty on Gryffindor's win, for which she got three hundred and twelve back. But the other one hundred and fifty she bet on Potter falling off the broom in less than ten minutes made her lose it all. So, all in all, Nicole had a loss of eighty-eight.

It took a couple of minutes of hugging and consoling for Nicole and Daphne to come out of their depression. And as soon as they did, to Daphne's shock, Nicole was dancing in front of Alex, celebrating Gryffindor's victory.

"Who's the boss?" Nicole looked arrogant, "We are the boss... Who's the boss..."

"Enough... You are just mooching off someone's luck," Alex hit softly on Nicole's head and pushed her away from him. She was getting annoying.

"Huh... A cat unable to catch mice will scratch the pillar in frustration..." Nicole taunted, but soon her tone changed, "This game is so exciting, much better than all those muggle games we played..." She enjoyed the thrill of the game.

"You are already calling them muggles?" Alex asked, amused.

"Don't nitpick on my words..." Nicole waved her arms, "I think I will join the team, just like that Johnson girl..."

"It's dangerous... You might get hurt, just like her," Alex expressed her concern. But if it was something she ought to do, Alex won't stop her.

"Don't worry," Nicole brushed off Alex's worry, "You know how hurtful I can be..." Nicole said as her lips curved up in a smirk.

"Then you better work hard," Alex chose not to ask more about what was going on in that brain of hers, "You are not a natural like Harry when it comes to Quidditch."

"Alright... I will work myself to the bones," Nicole was all pumped up.

"Not that hard," Alex shook his head. And this got Hermione and Daphne to smile. What a sis-con.

"But it's indeed dangerous," Nicole suddenly said, "Do you know what happened to Potter's broom?" Nicole asked Alex. But before Alex could reply, Daphne spoke.

"It was a curse," Daphne said.

"Hermione said the same," Nicole nodded, "She thinks it was Professor Snape," Nicole leaned forward a bit and whispered the last part.

"It was not him," Alex said before anyone else.

And when Hermione heard Alex, she looked strangely at him. She knew what she saw, but if Alex was defending Professor Snape...

"So... Do you know who it was?" Nicole asked. She also saw how weirdly Professor Snape acted. And she was also aware of the stunt Hermione pulled, but she did not think her brother would want to believe any of it. He acted weird when it came to Professor Snape.

"Maybe someone jealous of Potter's sudden fame?" Alex shrugged.

"Malfoy?" Nicole guessed. After all, Malfoy was the only one who had a bone to pick with Harry, "it has to be him."

"Well... He would love to, but he is not yet capable enough," Alex crossed Malfoy's name right away.

"Then who could it be?" Nicole wondered.

"I don't know... But I know one thing, you better not meddle into any of this," Alex said as he flicked Nicole's forehead, "I am warning you..."

"Ouch... What's it with you flicking my head?" Nicole rubbed her forehead, annoyed, "What will you do if I go dumb?"

"As if you aren't already," Alex was not bothered by her words.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~

After a while, the crowd in front of the gambling dens thinned a lot. Now it was time for them Alex to collect his winnings.

"I will go get my money," Nicole said. And for a change, she dragged Daphne along instead of Hermione. Maybe she wanted someone more pitiful to accompany her. And this left Alex and Hermione alone.

"Your name," As soon as Nicole got in front, pushing everyone, the boy standing behind the table asked.

"Nicole Ashbridge..."

"Nicole Ashbridge... Your token?" The boy asked, and Nicole handed him the token with a few scribblings.

"Nicole Ashbridge..." The boy glanced at the token and went through the register he had in front of him, "You placed two hundred and fifty galleons on Gryffindor victory. So you get three hundred and ninety galleons in return. Your other bet was on Harry Potter being knocked out in more than five but less than ten minutes. You bet one hundred and fifty galleons. You have lost it all," The boy explained, going through the records.

"Here are your three hundred and ninety galleons," the boy placed thirty-nine small golden towers in front of Nicole, "You can count them if you want."

"You guys are rich," Hermione whispered. No matter how much she already knew, she still found it shocking that Nicole pulled out four hundred galleons to bet. And not just her... Everyone near the gambling den who heard the boy at the reception had their eyes glued on Nicole and the towers in front of her.

"We are doing okay," Alex nodded and leaned to whisper in Hermione's ear as she looked forward towards Nicole, "But if someone knew that you set a Professor's robe on fire..."

Alex whispered in Hermione's ear but did not complete his words as he walked away towards the gambling den, leaving a shocked and rooted Hermione behind.

'He knows?'

* * * * *

[Author's Note:

Join my Telegram Channel: https://t.me/+fTrsYiVXehQ5OGVl

Thank you]

16