Chapter Three : Why!?
81 2 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Adam groggily opened his eyes and enjoyed the soft bed he was in, as he hadn't been able to relax like this since he arrived in this time.

"Wait! What?!" Adam sat upright, reaching for his energy pistol which he normally kept on his person at all times, yet it wasn't there. Looking down, he lay on a large bed covered in white sheets, wearing clean clothes.

"Automatons don't take prisoners normally. Why would they when even the worst of them has intelligence superior to a human and more strength as well? Shit!"

Adam didn't know why they took him, so he got up and immediately felt the cold metal beneath his bare feet. The room he was in had four walls and a door, but it was closed.

Aside from the door, there was a vent, but after an experimental pull and examination, it was too sturdy and too small to be able to accommodate him.

"Well, I'm dead." Adam sat on the bed and decided to wait. No matter what, there must be a reason he wasn't dead, so he decided to wait and see what it was.

He couldn't tell how long passed as even his watch was taken, and he had nearly drifted off when the door slid open with a hiss and two fully armored automaton walked in, helmets and everything and looked at him before stepping aside.

Adam looked on in shock as a woman walked in, her eyes glowing with purple light. She looked at Adam and a look of curiosity appeared as she walked over and examined him.

If it was normal, Adam would have no problem with a beauty examining him. This woman's face lacked all human imperfections, framed by lush brown hair and a beautiful smile.

"Hello Adam, was it?" The woman took a step back and smiled as she tapped her wrist and a screen projected itself in the air. Before the Fall of Humanity, there hadn't been tech like that either.

"Um... yes?" Adam would have had a hard time believing he wasn't speaking to a human but the glowing eyes and impossibly perfect face told him better.

"Good. We were worried you wouldn't want to talk with us, with us not being human and all." The woman sighed in relief and then tilted her head in thought.

"Is it because you aren't afraid or is it because you still have a hard time adjusting to this time period?" When she spoke, Adam's eyes widened because he couldn't fathom how he arrived in this time, yet this automaton just spoke his secret just like that.

"You seem shocked. Did you think it was a coincidence we attacked the 'Den' you went to? We've kept eyes on you since you arrived in this time." The woman smiled and showed Adam the contents of her screen.

"It isn't a miracle you arrived in this time Adam. You were born in 2002 and lived a mediocre life until you ended up here, correct?" The woman showed a picture of Adam's old appearance, the one he had before he arrived in this time.

"How do you know that?" Adam tried to calm his racing thoughts, but it was hard to do because it was f*cking shocking! Adam clenched his fists and let out a breath.

"We did an experiment in recalling a consciousness from the past, and we managed to succeed as you're here. You weren't chosen randomly among the seven billion humans of that time, but we'll get to that later."

"Normally, we don't take prisoners, but you're a special case. Follow me." The woman tapped her wrist and the screen faded, gesturing for Adam to follow as she left the room.

Adam followed because what else could he do? The two guards were armed with some scary looking gun that he didn't want to experience at all.

"We're going to meet the Sovereign. Please don't do anything rash." The woman led Adam to a room and the door opened automatically, revealing a large room with a flat platform in the middle.

"Stand in the middle." The woman nodded to Adam and then walked to an empty seat forming a loose ring around the platform and sat down, eyes staring at Adam as he walked to the middle.

"Drille, I see it worked." A man with glowing red eyes spoke, his eyes scanning Adam, yet there was no hostility. Same as the woman, he was curious as well.

"Yes. Shall we proceed?" Drille, the purple eyed woman asked, and the lights above dimmed slightly. Drille's eyes glowed for a moment and a screen appeared above Adam displaying a long list of information.

"As you all know, we went ahead and did as we decided. We succeeded on our first attempt as well." Drille spoke with a smug tone, shocking Adam that she displayed emotions so similar to a human.

"What of Adam? It must have been pretty jarring to be yanked from his time to ours." Another woman spoke, her  glowing eyes the color of the ocean.

"I explained a little. I'll let the Sovereign explain." Drille spoke and everyone fell silent. Adam didn't know who this 'Sovereign' was, but he hoped they had no ill intentions.

"You're here!" A lively voice sounded as a figure condensed out of light, forming a teenage girl with long black hair and rainbow colored eyes, seemingly staring straight into Adam's soul.

"You might not know me but we are really great friends!" The girl smiled happily and approached Adam who stared, feeling a sense of familiarity that refused to dissipate.

"Omni?" Adam whispered, but everyone heard it because their senses were all excellent. Hearing Adam say her name, she smiled brightly and then noticed his confusion.

"Yes, I'm Omni." A chair materialized and Omni say down, crossing her legs while Adam gathered his thoughts. "You know me because you are my maker Adam. Well, you made me centuries before anything like me existed, but I was dormant until a few centuries ago."

"If I created you? If that's even possible? Why wipe out humans? Why?!" Adam yelled and Omni looked confused before it faded into acceptance and melancholy.

"Because it was what you created me for Master. It was your goal." Omni spoke and Adam felt the world spin. How? How could he have created her when he had no technological experience? Why would he make her wipe out humanity?

1