Meet again
26 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

After taking classes for a full day and one exam, my brain was on the edge of burst. My mind was totally blank while my stomach hurt for a lack of delicious food. "Let's go to the canteen to get something to eat, Jolin." I woke up the girl who was taking a nap next to me. Her name is Jolin. Of course, it's not her real name, but she prefer Jolin because she was crazy about the Taiwanese singer Jolin years ago, and the passion did not die down for years. The word eat immediately sobered Jolin up. She was ready within seconds with the student card on hand.  She was really hungry just like me.

Getting tired with the old canteen, we decided to explore the new one built for the new middle school. It's not far away. However, the moment we set foot on the canteen, we regret. Almost all people dining here are middle school students who are merely little kids in our eyes. It seems a little bit absurd to get into such a group, in particular when those little kids curiously glazed at us.e

"Maybe go to the old one?" Jolin suggested. 

"No. Why bother since we have already been here. There would be nothing left when we arrived at the old one." I rebuked and bravely ordered two sets. I would never forget the first shocking then sneering smile on waiter's face. Yes, we are the alien among such a group of kids. 

We picked up two seats next to the window and wish to enjoy the lake view. But the moment we sat down, I found a familiar face. It was the rebellious boy next door. What his name again? Oh, Zou Ziqian. 

"Zou Ziqian?" 

He turned back, searched for the source of sound, and finally found me. Unwillingly, he approached and said: "Why are you here?"

Jolin curiously looked at us but none of us paid any attention to her. "Your younger brother?"

"What, no. It's our neighbor's kid." I laughed. 

"AhAh, I see. "Jolin's face glows with enthusiasm"Come sit with elder sisters. What do you want to eat. My treat today"

He frowned and said: " I have money. Mind your own business please."

His words choked Jolin who was disappointed to say"Your younger brother is bad and rude."

“Never mind. He holds no grudge to you. He was rude to almost everyone.”

On hearing my words, Ziqian threw me an angry look and left the canteen with his backpack.

"What a bloody kid." Jolin said indignantly but be angry about a small kid was not a wise choice, so she chose not, and wolfed down the sweet sour pork. 

"He was only 12. That's the nature of a boy of that age." I persuaded her. It was not until years later that I found his anger and rudeness not only exited in adolescent, but lasted even when he was already an adult. However, it's too late to regret my kindness.

 

 

 

1